Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 27491 times)

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2007, 12:49:57 am »
I can never get at least 1k with this game. I find it much too impossible to even try to make money in this game.

Just go out into the areas and pick up every last piece of crap you can find.  Selling it all will make you quite a bit of money, especially in later areas.  Later on you'll be able to buy salvage kits so you can break those items down into materials to sell, and if you can find some decent materials or rare runes, you'll start making a lot of money very quickly.

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2007, 08:14:34 am »
Good advice. More questions? What campaign will level you the quickest and is the most fun IYO, Nightfall? Factions? Prophecies?

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2007, 10:07:42 am »
Fastest leveling is in Factions, due to the high EXP rewards in the starter quests. Fastest cash is said to be Nightfall because the gold rewards are comparatively high.

As far as most fun, that really varies from person to person. Personally, I liked Prophecies the best. Factions is generally the least popular campaign, but I have met several people who said they liked it the best.
Virus Buster.

gec05

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2007, 10:14:24 am »
I can never get at least 1k with this game. I find it much too impossible to even try to make money in this game.

Just go out into the areas and pick up every last piece of crap you can find.  Selling it all will make you quite a bit of money, especially in later areas.  Later on you'll be able to buy salvage kits so you can break those items down into materials to sell, and if you can find some decent materials or rare runes, you'll start making a lot of money very quickly.

I've done all that crap. I never get anything decent.

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2007, 11:55:04 am »
Go buy old PC game magazines, then sell the exclusive mini pets... I just got 13 k in like 10 minutes.

gec05

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2007, 12:33:22 pm »
Like if I want to waste real life money for virtual money buying old magazines.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2007, 02:13:05 pm »

I've done all that crap. I never get anything decent.

What areas have you been trying this in?  Even just playing through the quests in some of the later areas should get you some fairly decent loot, worth a couple hundred gold each.  The odd Purple or Gold items really help, as they often have runes or upgrades that can be sold for a lot.

If you're really desperate, you could try farming some Green weapons.  In Factions and Nightfall almost every Boss can drop a Green weapon, some of them are very close to outposts, and you can simply go in and out killing the boss until he drops it.  If you can find a decent Sword or something, then you have a good 10-15k right there.

When I need more money, I tend to create new characters and just play through all of the missions with them.  If you picking up everything along the way, you should have a lot of money by the end, even if you're only selling junk.

Good advice. More questions? What campaign will level you the quickest and is the most fun IYO, Nightfall? Factions? Prophecies?

Factions gives you a ridiculous amount of experience for doing absolutely nothing.  In Prophecies you'll notice that even quests towards the end of the game only give you 250-500 experience points.  Factions on the other hand gives you 5000 points for doing trivial quests, such as going right outside and talking to someone.

This is why Eye of the North is intended for level 20's only.  So they can skip the noob areas that rushed you to level 20.  :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 02:15:52 pm by WinterSnowblind »

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2007, 02:43:04 pm »
Yea, but I wish they could give more leeway on Armor, I'm pretty sick of wearing Derv robes. Time to go Grind it Up with my new Ritualist.

Offline Genusaus

• Dragster Diehard
  • "She Who Thirsts"
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2007, 09:40:51 pm »
I find it difficult to gain money, as well. My only source of income in the game was going to Port Sledge and running the chests, now since they added a key system... that pretty much made me poor.
The power of purple! The Hundred Years War, which was won by the French started on the year of 1337.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2007, 10:04:39 pm »
Well, there are two lesser known ways of making money.

First, if you have Nightfall, there are several "treasure chests" that rare items as well as a tidy sum of gold. These chests require no keys, but can only be opened once, but they do "refill". The mechanics behind their refilling are not fully understood, but you can claim them all again after roughly a month's time of average time spent playing, however, the longer you wait between pick ups, the greater amount of gold and the rarer the item is. Further details at Guild Wiki's Treasure Article.

Second, there is going back through missions in Hard Mode. On top of the rewards you gain from finishing the mission again as if it was the first time, there is the better items the enemies drop due to the higher difficulty level.

Sure, they may not be as good as an average farming trip, but they are a lot more fun. Peronally, I'm doing what I can to scrape together another 70 platinum for capture signets to finish my Elite Skill collection. I sure hope Eye of the North will have more ways to make money. Also, I wish Polymock was Asura Chess again, rather than "Pokemon on Steroids".
Virus Buster.

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2007, 08:16:54 am »
Dakk (or whatever that Asura hero is called)! I chose you!  ;D

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2007, 09:26:17 am »
It's Vekk.

And according the Guild Wiki article for Polymock, you turn into one of three monsters and battle a team of three other monsters... a bit unfortunate that all three new mini-games are fighting style games now.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 09:28:40 am by Yossitaru »
Virus Buster.

Offline kieran_hills

• Pong Paddle
  • love guild wars!!!
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2007, 12:40:49 pm »
i dont care what the game is but i want 2 know the 2 new races????
loving the guildwars what ever happens

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2007, 02:57:48 pm »
Is English your primary language? I hope not.

Anyway, the two races are the Norn (vikings), and the Asura (cool, mammalian symbiots), but you won't be able to play them 'til 2009, which is the estimated release date of this wonderful game.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2007, 02:42:18 am »
Funny that they use Norn as a name for vikings. Norns are in Norse mythology.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)