Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 27539 times)

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2007, 01:52:39 pm »
Destructable environment? Massive-scale Wars? No pay???

Count me in  ;)

Offline Genusaus

• Dragster Diehard
  • "She Who Thirsts"
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2007, 11:51:50 pm »
The monument feature is motivating me to play a bit more. And you still have to pay for your account key, so remember that it's not completely "no pay". But, no monthly fee so it's a one time money deal. For some reason I'd always enjoy a crafting system but it's not real easy to balance that out.
The power of purple! The Hundred Years War, which was won by the French started on the year of 1337.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 12:26:22 am »
This is news about the first game, but I thought I'd post it here, rather than make a brand new topic for it.
Anyone with Factions should really log-on today, as it's the return of the Dragon Festival, from noon PST onwards!

Quote from: Guild Wars
To commemorate the bravery of the citizens of Cantha last year in driving back the demons who threatened to ruin the Dragon Festival, this year's festival will include dramatic reenactments of those events, and all are invited to participate in these little dramas. Whether it's facing off against hordes of Naga and Yeti driven mad by papier-mâché demons, clearing these same "demonic" forces from a bandit camp, or accepting the calls-to-arms from Captain Rujiyo when more "demons" attack various towns across the island, participants will find numerous ways to join in the fun.

All the usual mini-games will be re-opened during this festival, including the Rollerbettle racing, the Dragon Arena and the Rings of Fortune, where you can earn Victory Tokens to cash in for special prizes.  There's also new quests and missions through-out the weekend and during the finally, if you have 250 tokens, you will be awarded a special Demon Hat.  :)

In my opinion, this is why Guild Wars is so great, we always get big events like this, where as most big MMO's where you have to pay monthly fee's dont, or if they do, much more rarley.  I've not been playing GW mcuh lately, but I'm going on now just for this.

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 07:52:49 am »
where? I'll come... and what's your name? Mine's (naturally) Hunter Mae, although I'm not a hunter.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 01:07:40 pm »
Winter Snowblind usually, but it depends which character I'm using.  I'm mostly on the International districts.

And wow, those bonus missions they're doing for this event are really hard.  Only having four people per group doesn't help either.  Seems very few people have been able to finish them, and you get a very crappy reward if you actually can.  Rest of the event has been great though.  :)

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 01:28:17 pm »
Winter Snowblind usually, but it depends which character I'm using.  I'm mostly on the International districts.

And wow, those bonus missions they're doing for this event are really hard.  Only having four people per group doesn't help either.  Seems very few people have been able to finish them, and you get a very crappy reward if you actually can.  Rest of the event has been great though.  :)

Same with the original Dragon Festival event.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline microgta

• Gorf Goon
  • OH NOES!
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2007, 03:38:12 pm »
Have some of you never heard of Guild Wars?
"gameplayer.com will fail" says Petike.

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2007, 09:39:26 am »
what?

That pretty hard to not hear of.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007, 02:01:09 am »
Well the Festival is over now.  With the exception of people spawn camping the presents, it was a pretty good event.  Not quite as cool as some of the previous ones, but I guess the developers are pretty busy at the moment.  And I don't want to give away any secrets here, but has anyone realised how badly the victory tokens can be abused?  For simply competing those four festival quests, you can get 240 tokens.  That's just under five platinum.  I made over 50k yesterday alone, and I've seen numerous characters going around with names like "Vicki Tokens" and "Sellin Tokens".

A little odd that the developers would miss something so painfully obvious.  Oh well, I'm off to buy some 75k armour.   ;D

Offline microgta

• Gorf Goon
  • OH NOES!
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2007, 03:43:36 am »
Is there a listing of the events in GW current and future and there dates?
"gameplayer.com will fail" says Petike.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 05:15:09 am »
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Special_event

The four big holiday events they hold every year are the Canthan New Year, the Dragon Festival, Halloween and Wintersday.  They tend to not announce them until very close to when they start though, so it's worth paying attention.  They also have a different special Weekend every week.  Usually things like double dye drops, or double experience for capping skills.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2007, 01:42:45 pm »
New trailer for Eye of the North.  (Final expansion to the first game)
http://guildwars.com/products/eyeofthenorth/gallery/video/default.php

Most excellent.  Most excellent indeed.

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2007, 03:55:16 pm »
 :o I totally want to shoot a man through the throat. Also, damn are the Asura cool though.

Man do I wish they'd add a Bard class to guild wars, (not Mesmers! Bleh!).

Anyway, my derv is my only level 20 right now. Leveling a ranger tho.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 04:29:42 pm by Mae »

gec05

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 06:04:27 pm »
I can never get at least 1k with this game. I find it much too impossible to even try to make money in this game.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2007, 12:43:05 am »
I got rich by SS farming with a friend of mine in the Underworld, back when I played. I also made a killing by getting Icy Dragon Swords early.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.