Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 27581 times)

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« on: March 20, 2007, 04:05:30 pm »
Okay, there's been rumours floating around for the past few weeks, but I thought I'd post this now as it's finally been confirmed, along with the final expansion for the original game that will tie up all the loose ends and build up into the sequel.  By the sounds of it, the sequel has lost a lot of the Guild Wars spirit, but on the other hand will almost definetely draw in new players and should put a little more replayability into the PVE.

Guild Wars 2 features:
- Takes place hundreds of years in the future, with multiple playable races.

- Predominately open worlds, hundreds of people in the same area, and choices that the population as a whole change the quest structure. They gave an example of choosing to rally against a dragon or not. Those that help, gain loot and xp. If the dragon isnt driven away, another 'quest' may trigger, leaving more options for the population.

- There will be no more level cap for PVE, allowing characters to reach level 100+, while PVP characters will still stay on an even playing field.

- Sidekicks simlar to CoH, allowing powers to seep from a high level character to a friendly lower level char.

- 'Click to move' will be abandonned in favor of a more freedom-rich control scheme, including 'jumping, swimming, and sliding'

- Destructable environments

- no real world limitations to servers. you pick a 'world', but can switch between the realms.

- World vs World combat sounds to be a massive scale capture the flag with no minimum or maximum party size. Big-ass raids that can supposedly take place for weeks on end. At the end, the 'world' will be reset, and it will start again it seems.

- Companions: NPC like heros can join you, and dont count towards your party. Not using this feature lets you be mroe powerful.

- No monthly fee

gec05

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 04:18:49 pm »
This has definately caught my interest... :)

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 01:13:17 am »
Hmmm, I was a little disappointed when I got to level 20 in the first game, and I wasn't much of a PvP'er. Hmmm I might have to keep my eye one this one.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Dragon_Reborn

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
    • AxI Studios
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 07:56:45 pm »
NO MONTHLY FEE???  Jesus, its WoW without cost!
Luke Smith of 1up Yours: "The road the Fanatsy land is paved in virgin's blood."

JOIN AXISTUDIO'S FORUMS!

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 09:32:44 pm »
NO MONTHLY FEE???  Jesus, its WoW without cost!

Or fun! :D

Offline Noir

• Atari Combat Vet
  • "Death to the false emperor"
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 08:49:55 am »
call me an pessimist but i like the way GW works now :-\ i wont judge it until i have tried it, but old GW sounds more fun/shrug oh well as long as they don't change the PVP aspect to much i will probably be ok with it, but it sure sounds like just another "MMO" 
Gotta make a song about spore!

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 09:29:57 am »
Theres one thing that caught my interest and that is "Destructable enviroments". Now will this be like, there are 10 pesants defending a hut, when you kill them the hut will automaticly get trashed. OR when you strike a small tree with your swords hard enough it will fall over. When you cast a firebolt at a hut it will turn into a big torch.

If alternative 2 is the one, then this sounds intresting.
@davidramnero

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 12:51:14 pm »

Anyone recognise the girl?  Seems like she's one of the new heroes in Guild Wars: Eye of the North.
Pretty awesome, but I was hoping she was going to be the Fiery Destroyer, like she was in the Beta. 

gec05

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 01:00:10 pm »
Ah, I wonder where she disappeared after the Searing.

Anyways, you might be more informed on this but is GW: EotN a stand alone like the others or are they finally coming out with their first expanion?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 01:02:14 pm by Eligecos »

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 01:06:16 pm »
This is the final "expansion" before GW2, it continues the story from Prophecies (original game) and have level 20 content ONLY, no newbies allowed.
Virus Buster.

gec05

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 01:16:28 pm »
Oh yeah, I still have a few lvl 20s still sitting around.

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 02:40:28 am »
Funny how I remembered my GW account from a while ago and started playing it a bit.

Offline Lazerbyte

• Phoenix Fighter
  • You've been Lazered
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 01:19:00 pm »
I just picked up Nightfall and I saw in the box (got the collectors edition) they had all kinds of stuff about GW2.

Also if you pick up the May issue of Computer Gaming World you get this cute little pet in GW so I need to pick up the mag!

Man that would be great a WoW game with no cost! 

Some of NCsoft's games look really good like Dungeon Runner and Aion and even Xsteel  I would like to try out Tablua Rasa too!

Thank you, as you have just been Lazered

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2007, 03:22:27 am »
Man that would be great a WoW game with no cost! 
No.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2007, 06:16:43 am »
Guild Wars was never a true MMORPG. It got more incommon with Diablo then WoW.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)