Author Topic: Nintendo DS Lite Ads from South Korea  (Read 7751 times)

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo DS Lite Ads from South Korea
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 01:24:54 pm »
cute girls. nice marketing strategies. it will attract men to buy DS lite
Why? You don't get a girl with a purchase. Why would that make you buy one? Either you want one or you don't.

Also, not sure this needed to be bumped.

Why do women buy beauty products based on adverts showing beautiful women? Why do deoderant adverts feature women?

Because sex sells.

Becase people attatch the product to the people they see on screen, and believe they too shall be a beautiful Prince of our Time provided they buy this product.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 04:24:04 pm »
I could see it if were selling clothes or cosmetics because it's showing the product being used but to think that an Asian girl playing a DS is going to sell you a DS is just stupid. The DS has nothing to do with the girl. Although I know your right and sex sells anything, I still find it pathetic that a pretty face is all it takes to sell a man a DS. Doesn't say alot for you guys now does it? ;)

Offline otaku62

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 08:15:47 pm »
I already had a DS when I saw the Ads  :P

Anyway, I had the impression the ads were targeted at girls and women, showing how much fun you can have with the DS - they also always show a "girl-compatible" game like Nintendogs or Mario . So I don't think this is a case of selling with sex. And the ads seem to work, because in the subway in Seoul I mostly saw girls playing the DS, guys usually had a PSP.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 10:37:37 am »
everyone knows that nintendo is trying to get gaming to the lady`s
those ads are only part of that
there not aimed at horny men >.>

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.