Author Topic: Spore to be on MAC  (Read 8544 times)

Offline nausved

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Spore to be on MAC
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2008, 05:07:12 pm »
All the Mac-bashing is amusing. A little defensive, are we? It seems a bit hypocritical to call an entire group of people "smug" simply for not sharing your tastes in operating systems.

That being said, the news doesn't surprise me. EA releases its games to the Mac. It's standard practice.

Now, if they were releasing a Linux version, THAT would be news.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2008, 05:12:59 pm »
Now, if they were releasing a Linux version, THAT would be news.

Lunix has a computer brand!! :o Damn I feel so stupid, but knowing EA and the Spore team that would probably be possible. We just have to wait for conformation
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2008, 05:13:39 pm »
Quit complaining on what is superior. We shouldn't take our anger out on what system we use. We should be angry at the fact that this was their announcement. Especially April Jones  :( >:( >:(. She needs to burn at the stake for raising our hopes in that letter. Also damn Xspore because they spammed them into a response. Really both are at fault for this news.
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline subpar

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2008, 05:36:59 pm »
We should be angry at the fact that this was their announcement. Especially April Jones  Sad Angry Angry. She needs to burn at the stake for raising our hopes in that letter. Also damn Xspore because they spammed them into a response. Really both are at fault for this news.

I agree that this announcement is a big letdown, especially because we were expecting a release date. You can't blame them though, they have been secretly working on a mac version of the game, revealing it is "exciting news"... to some people. On the plus side, Sporific got to play with the editor, and according to the EA guy we can "expect to hear a lot more of this game in the next three months," and we got a rough release date of "hopefully summer or earlier, and definitely before '09."

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2008, 05:40:42 pm »
Its not the dev. team. Its the communities fault is what i am now realizing. We backed them into the corner for news so they had to say something.
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline TFGoose

• Missile Commander
  • Made of 100% All-Natural Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2008, 05:52:04 pm »
Quit complaining on what is superior. We shouldn't take our anger out on what system we use. We should be angry at the fact that this was their announcement. Especially April Jones  :( >:( >:(. She needs to burn at the stake for raising our hopes in that letter. Also damn Xspore because they spammed them into a response. Really both are at fault for this news.

Easy people, even if this was the unexpected announcement that we were all wondering about, the release date is still coming.  I don't believe this to be a replacement of that information.  It's just something to go along with it.  We've been told we'll get a concrete release date before the end of the month and we're only halfway through.  So let's just stow the April bashing shall we?

--TFGoose
Quote from: me
Where there's a Will, there's a way....

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2008, 08:22:36 am »
First of all, I like Macs, though I prefer my PC. Secondly, this was just a macworld announcement, not the "big" announcement we've been expecting. And lastly, don't assume that because they said middle of January the info had to come on the 15th. Relax, it'll be here soon.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2008, 03:38:09 am »
Was this posted already? I have been out of the loop.

http://www.macnn.com/articles/08/01/15/spore.coming.to.mac/

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2008, 03:40:06 am »
LETS BURN SOMETHING!

How about a mac?

Offline rob

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
    • MySporePage.com
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2008, 11:21:20 am »
I think we can all agree that since EA has committed itself to a simultaneous PC/Mac release, any problems with the Mac version will delay the PC release. :'(

It won't delay they will be announcing the release date soon I have that on good authority and both versions are complete. It's just a matter for EA to now publicize Spore in the few months leading to it's release with Wii version following Quarter 3/4.