I've disagreed with the copy protection since the news first broke (signed the petition, even), but I haven't really thought to myself "Hmm, maybe I won't buy Spore after all" until now. I mean, come on, I've been waiting two years or so for this game, a game that I feel will be the only game I will ever need from now on. Could I really give up that kind of commitment?
I think the 10-day aspect is ridiculous, but not necessarily a deal-breaker. The three installs, though? That's pushing me that much closer to the "boycott" border. I had to uninstall and reinstall games all the time when I had a smaller hard drive. I'd have burned through three installs in less than a year. I'm sure there are people who must still follow the same pattern.
Anyway, I'm hoping EA will hurry up and release some official word already, so we can know the truth. And I'm hoping they make the right decision. I want this game. I don't want to abandon it.