Author Topic: Fix/workaround for Invisible Creature/Tree/Spaceship Problem  (Read 8776 times)

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
Fix/workaround for Invisible Creature/Tree/Spaceship Problem
« on: September 21, 2008, 05:43:39 am »
Since the patch it seems that a lot of people have been having a problem with various assets in the game not loading and thereby being invisible.

I've found a way of forcing them to load, but you have to do it every time you meet something invisible.

In Creature Stage:
Pause
Wave the mouse around until you get the tooltip telling you what creature it is that you can't see.
Un-Pause and click on the creature.
Pause again and open up your Sporepedia.
Find the creature that was invisible and open its sporepedia card.
Once it has loaded the model for you to look at in the card, it will also be loaded for the game.

In Space:
Same method, but finding the invisible creatures or plants can be a little harder to do.
If it's for an "exterminate glowing creatures" mission, then your radar will still lead you to the glow. Just use your scanner to find out which creature it is and then do the same as the Creature Stage fix.
If it's just general creatures and plants that you want to see, click their dot on the T-Score info panel and your radar will lead you to them, then just do the thing as above to force them to load.

This is slow and tedious, but at least it stops the invisible problem from breaking your game because you're being attacked and killed by invisible creatures, or you can't find the creatures in time for missions.

Offline 0d1n3oo3Broad

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • SPORE ON! Walium go!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube-Channel
Re: Fix/workaround for Invisible Creature/Tree/Spaceship Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 05:52:30 am »
I do quite the same but with the spyglas-tool. It opens immediatelly the Sporecard for that creation. But sometimes, roughly 1/3 of all tries, it takes more than 2 minutes to load the modell in the sporecard. And then again 30s to load the texture. VERY annoying :(
~~#SPORE#~~ :D ~~#SPORE#~~ :D
~~#SPORE is ON#~~ :D :D
~~#EXCELENT#~~ :D
Visit my Profile: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Mechanikus

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 05:53:33 am »
I do quite the same but with the spyglas-tool. It opens immediatelly the Sporecard for that creation. But sometimes, roughly 1/3 of all tries, it takes more than 2 minutes to load the modell in the sporecard. And then again 30s to load the texture. VERY annoying :(
Ah yes, that is a better method, thanks.

Offline Pinstar

• Ultima Lord
  • Your friendly neighborhood Teralyte
    • View Profile
    • The Legacy Challenge
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 05:57:38 am »
An easier fix is to turn your graphics settings down to the very lowest. This seems to load the models much quicker, (though still not immediately like it was pre-patch). This will allow the game to remain playable, if a little harsh on the eyes, until they have a patch for the patch.
Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Visit my spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pinstar
Ratings and comments on all my creatures are always welcome!

Visit my Minicity
http://pinstar.myminicity.com

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 06:57:28 am »
An easier fix is to turn your graphics settings down to the very lowest. This seems to load the models much quicker, (though still not immediately like it was pre-patch). This will allow the game to remain playable, if a little harsh on the eyes, until they have a patch for the patch.
Yeah, or just re-install and don't apply the patch. That's what I'm about to do.

Also, I found that if you go into your sporepedia from the galaxy screen and select the Everything tab. Wait the couple of minutes it takes to load, and then load your game it reduces the occurence of the invisible problem quite a bit. Still doesn't eliminate it though.

Offline 0d1n3oo3Broad

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • SPORE ON! Walium go!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube-Channel
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 07:31:06 am »
I figured out the thing with the sporepedia before i load a savegame yesterday.
A little fix for me also was to lower the graphicscache from 1024 to 768 in the options.

Just a sidenote: How it comes that your avatars are moving but mine not despite the fact that it is gif also?

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 07:36:08 am »
A little fix for me also was to lower the graphicscache from 1024 to 768 in the options.

Just a sidenote: How it comes that your avatars are moving but mine not despite the fact that it is gif also?
My avatar would not move when I uploaded it to my profile so I had to upload it to imageshack and link from there.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 07:37:55 am »
The avatars are too low-quality tbh.

Pausing and waiting also helps, because the creatures will eventually load, without taking time of your mission.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline SiestaGuru

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 07:55:30 am »
Odd, my loading times have decreased since the patch, before it I often saw unloaded planets in solarsystems (those greay spheres with lines on them). But I havent seen ay of these since the patch, I feel sorry for you guys.
My best stuff: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=st-sc%3Assc-500079691379

Random stuff: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-SiestaGuru|2263001209%3Assc-500036839043%3Aview-top_rated

Aircraft: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-SiestaGuru|2263001209%3Assc-500020463820%3Aview-top_rated

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 08:57:15 am »
Yeah, or just re-install and don't apply the patch. That's what I'm about to do.

I un-installed and re-installed without the patch, but now the game won't even start up.
I just get a windows message telling me SporeApp.exe has caused an error and has to be closed.

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 12:32:49 pm »
Odd, my loading times have decreased since the patch, before it I often saw unloaded planets in solarsystems (those greay spheres with lines on them). But I havent seen ay of these since the patch, I feel sorry for you guys.

My loading is better too, the only problem I have is no pirate fleets, but I don't think it's a loading issue because they never leave either.  My planets go permapanic and nothing is there.

Offline 0d1n3oo3Broad

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • SPORE ON! Walium go!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube-Channel
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 01:58:28 pm »

My avatar would not move when I uploaded it to my profile so I had to upload it to imageshack and link from there.

Bah, silly me. I complete forgot that i did this with my first avatar too. And i completely wondered, why my new avatar won't move despite my old did....  :-[

Offline Absinth

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Check out my creatures on the sporepedia
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 02:17:08 pm »

I un-installed and re-installed without the patch, but now the game won't even start up.
I just get a windows message telling me SporeApp.exe has caused an error and has to be closed.

When you uninstall the game it still keeps the user data files in your "application data folder".
The polination.package file is the one you must move out that folder. (don't delete it but move it out just in case)
It's located in "C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\SPORE" on XP.
This data gets overwritten by the patch and doesn't work with the un-patched version.

First uninstall and move it out.
Now install the game again.
Start it up and enjoy!  :)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 02:20:04 pm by Absinth »
Spore has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men.

My sporepedia page
My gamingsteve creature page

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 08:11:39 pm »

When you uninstall the game it still keeps the user data files in your "application data folder".
The polination.package file is the one you must move out that folder. (don't delete it but move it out just in case)
It's located in "C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\SPORE" on XP.
This data gets overwritten by the patch and doesn't work with the un-patched version.

First uninstall and move it out.
Now install the game again.
Start it up and enjoy!  :)
Thank you so much! I'll go try that now.

Edit: IT WORKS! Thanks you so very much. That's made my day!

Only thing is now my in-game sporepedia has to be re-populated from the servers.
Also, the My Creations tab now contains all my Cell creatures, and my music, but none of nothing else from Creature, Tribal, Civ or Space. They all still show up in the Everything tab though.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 08:36:33 pm by spiritofcat »