Author Topic: Moving to a new server, site will be down  (Read 31077 times)

Offline Didero

• Arm Wrestling Champ
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to a new server, site will be down
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2008, 08:11:08 am »
Sometimes the forum is really slow for me, it takes about 25 seconds for a page to load then. Is that just me, or do more people have that problem?

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Pitfall Phreak
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2008, 11:30:11 am »
Sometimes the forum is really slow for me, it takes about 25 seconds for a page to load then. Is that just me, or do more people have that problem?

This should not happen. The site has been insanely fast since I upgraded to the new server, especially on the backend. On the old server I would sometimes have to wait 30-60 seconds for a page to load, now I have to wait 1-2 seconds.

If it does hang take a look on the bottom left corner of your browser and see what it's hanging on. It might be hanging on an outside call to one of the stat generation sites rather than the gamingsteve.com site itself.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Didero

• Arm Wrestling Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2008, 06:28:50 am »
It might very well be something wrong on my end, because we recently got a new router/modem and it's acting a bit strange. That's why I wanted to know whether other people experienced the same slowness.
It's fast now though.

If it does hang take a look on the bottom left corner of your browser and see what it's hanging on. It might be hanging on an outside call to one of the stat generation sites rather than the gamingsteve.com site itself.
I'll do that the next time it's slow, but I'm pretty sure it just said 'Waiting for www.gamingsteve.com'.