Author Topic: Eat Poop You Cat  (Read 88815 times)

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
Re: Eat Poop You Cat
« Reply #435 on: April 22, 2008, 01:03:38 pm »
This game has been going since March 14th.

It better be good, guys.

You know what? Allow me to just restate an idea I've had -- you shouldn't pre-make a list of people, and instead just do it as people become available and offer to take the next spot. No reservations for spots in advance; strictly first come first serve.
Organizer (first guy) does the sentence, announces that he's done and waiting for a picture man. He posts a link guarded by some sort of spoiler tags with a MS Paint picture of the sentence inside (no waiting for PMs now).
Us outsiders do not view the link at this time.
Someone comes along, wants to be the picture man. He reserves the next post in the thread saying he's drawing it, and THEN checks the sentence (don't want anyone checking the sentence and then changing their mind, do we?). Ten minutes later when he's done, he posts a link, once again guarded by spoiler tags, to his picture interpreting the sentence. And now we wait for a sentence man.

And so on like that.
Another rule: if you've spoiled it for yourself by viewing, do not discuss the current incomplete game in the thread.

But yeah, with this -- no more waiting around for PMs. No more waiting for the people scheduled and having to badger them in PMs when they're busy or whatever.
Not only that, but also if the game grinds to a halt, if it's long enough by that time, we can allow it to end and check out the pictures and sentences anyway. Or someone can compile them and post them together at the end for all to see.
If you want, you can even let the game go on much longer; maybe we could even allow players to participate twice in one game if there is a lot of space between his last participation.

I like these, but we've always had to play more of the waiting game than anything else, for whatever reasons. Perhaps it's time for a change in the setup and rules. I certainly think it's worth a try! Go for it!

Please read and consider, guys.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #436 on: April 22, 2008, 01:19:58 pm »
Four weeks? This has to be longest one yet with the shortest name list. I think I hold the record with a one day draw. Part of the problem is it seems 789 forgot about the game himself so he hasn't been keeping track of it. It would be nice if there was an easier way to do this. I"m not sure trusting others not to peek is a good idea. Maybe you can do the next one Gauph and test your theory.

Now come one people. I didn't draw for nothing.  :-\

gec05

« Reply #437 on: April 22, 2008, 05:33:56 pm »
Well I have yet to get anything from Ovi so I'm not the one holding anything up.

gec05

« Reply #438 on: April 23, 2008, 07:27:09 pm »
Ok, it's been sent.

Offline Neoskel

• Omega Racer
  • Wait, shouldn't there be 2 per larva?
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 23, 2008, 07:28:28 pm »
Ok, it's been sent.

And great rejoicing was held.  ;)

gec05

« Reply #440 on: April 23, 2008, 08:35:28 pm »
I took care of it as swiftly as I could so we could get over it.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 23, 2008, 09:52:17 pm »
Looks like it got ended early, and here I am already with an image made... should I post?
Virus Buster.

Offline Neoskel

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 23, 2008, 10:21:12 pm »
Looks like it got ended early, and here I am already with an image made... should I post?

go ahead, won't hurt anything.

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 24, 2008, 12:43:41 am »
I see... thanks guys

Offline Neoskel

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 24, 2008, 02:04:40 am »
I see... thanks guys

There's always next game, guess 789 got impatient.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #445 on: April 24, 2008, 05:11:04 am »
Well, that really got messed up. Why didn't you wait for the other two people 789?  :-\ Yossi you can still post your picture. I'd host the next one but I'm leaving for a week soon and wont' be able to mess with it.

We need a good host to get this game back on track.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 24, 2008, 09:40:38 am »
Well, here's what I came up with from Gec's sentence:
Virus Buster.

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
  • I'm actually a pretty optimistic guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 24, 2008, 05:02:25 pm »
Well, that really got messed up. Why didn't you wait for the other two people 789?  :-\ Yossi you can still post your picture. I'd host the next one but I'm leaving for a week soon and wont' be able to mess with it.

We need a good host to get this game back on track.

Gec was at the end of my list, I didn't know about the other two people.

The Green slime covered Septapus rode in his banana boat and asked the rodent if he had seen his water bottle.

El Ectoplasmo the Snot Octopus Ghost rides across the wild seas on his sapient Sea-Banana steed Gubblewortz to confront the orange opossum on the Pier of Doom about the shameless tossing of mineral water bottles into Atlantis.

The devious looking rat tossed bottled water into the bay while a translucent squid on a banana boat observed the rat's actions in astonishment.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 05:04:30 pm by 7 who ate 9 »
Quote from: Quantum Burrito
Mary Poppins was hot. Full of golden ratio goodness. I'd be the derivative of her function any day of the week.
We'll hold that against you until you leave these forums you know :P

Offline Neoskel

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 24, 2008, 11:10:18 pm »
Well, i guess someone has to start the next one. Gauph, care to show your strategy in action?

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #449 on: April 24, 2008, 11:48:16 pm »
I care to, yes.

Okay, gang. New rules 'n crap. Listen, and listen goooood.
Apologies if it sounds like I'm talking to you like you're all idiots. I'm just being as clear as I can.

HOW THIS WORKS
Different method. No PMs. No badgering. Now you wait for any old forum Joe to take the spot rather than a specific scheduled person.

As starter of this round, I will make the first sentence. This sentence, and yours as well, will be created in MSPaint, or any simple painting software, using the text tool. I would use the forum's small text, but there are surely some folks out there on super low res who can easily read it. Also, I don't believe anyone can say that they don't have MSPaint or a similar extremely simple program like it.
So basically, players will always be posting links to pictures.
The link should just be a plain old   http://blah.imagehost.jpg   sort.
Anyone not participating is asked to not spoil it for themselves by viewing the image links posted in an active game. The reason for this is because part of the humor impact is seeing the story all at once.
You've been warned. No complaining.

The next person will claim the next spot by making a post in the thread before viewing the image. Do not view first and then back out if it's too hard. If you want to play, you play. If not, shoo.
Begin work immediately. If something suddenly comes up and you can't complete it right away, edit out the claim or delete your post. Someone else will then be able to take the spot and carry on.

For this test run, we will do five sentences and four pictures.
sentence - pic - sentence - pic - sentence - pic - sentence - pic - sentence

To avoid confusion while reading the thread, as I'm assuming other people may carry on discussions mid-game and stuff, I ask that players please post what role in the game they're playing.

So it'll look something like this during play...

Quote from: Jimmy
Starting up.

Starter sentence
http://derdederefefefaff.imageblah.jpg

Quote from: Frank
Picture
http://deebydoodebabb333.imageblah.jpg

Quote from: Sammy
Sentence
http://flabjafsjr.imageblah.jpg

Quote from: Otis
Picture
http://blunk.imageblah.jpg

Okay?
If someone tells me that's quite clear, I will post the sentence. Now is the time to ask questions.

LATE EDIT: Waited up for responses, but it's getting late.
Going to bed. I shall start the game tomorrow (or if you're living in other parts of the world, about 12 hours).
G'night.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 12:52:28 am by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom