Author Topic: PSP or DS  (Read 5200 times)

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
PSP or DS
« on: December 18, 2007, 03:40:30 pm »
First of all I want to apologize for accidentally removing this topic. I'm making a new one and the creator of the old one can reclaim it for their own.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: PSP or DS
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 03:14:20 am »
Woo 1st post in what I'm sure will be an epic debate. Still we should get things going I'm sure many of us on this forum hardly see it as competition. DS has Mario Kart Animal crossing metroid brain training nintendogs and many more. The PSP has a Ridge Racer meme.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 06:44:27 am »
First of all I want to apologize for accidentally removing this topic. I'm making a new one and the creator of the old one can reclaim it for their own.

My bad again Oviraptor just remembered there is a section like this. ;)
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 08:03:17 am »
The new PS3 firmware update allows you to play any PSOne game on your PSP.

Would almost have been a reason for me to get a PSP, if it weren't for the fact you do need a PS3 as well, and most of the games seem to run pretty slow, to a point were some of them are completely unplayable.  Anything that requires timing or fighting games for example, aren't even worth trying on it.  I also had a problem with Little Big Adventure, as it needs the four shoulder buttons and the PSP only has two.  Not sure if there's some way around that.

Still.  Being able to play through Final Fantasy VII on your PSP would be pretty cool.   :)

Offline PikMini

• Scramble Skipper
  • o_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 05:58:00 am »
Nds is just plain fun though..

The Psp's 'Universal Discs' or w/e they are called suck, only psps can read them, not very much good games, either.

I vote Nintendo DS, also i suggest you put up a poll..

Offline Racingfreak92

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 03:43:16 pm »
I dont get why it always has to be "____ Vs  _____", the PSP and DS each have thier own strengths. Im thinking of buying a PSP, what are some good games (not RPG's)? Is Mercury any good?

If a winner has to be declared if go with the DS, it has more good games and the homebrew scene is very good. The PSP has major battery and control issues (why put the D pad and analog stick on the same side?)

Offline ArkServer

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Blushyface.com
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 08:08:49 am »
I owned a PSP and i own a DS, must say the DS has better games but thats a matter of taste..

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 12:54:10 am »
I have played the psp and i dont like it at all. The controls feel weird and the games are poor.
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline Ryederz

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 06:10:03 pm »
I vote for PSP. GO SONY!!

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 06:23:34 pm »
I recently got a PSP from my brother, since he just bought one of the new slim ones and didn't need his old one, but I really haven't touched the thing at all.  I think the main problem is that most of its games seem to be stripped down console ports, there's nothing that really feels like a handheld game.  If I want to play GTA, I can do that on my PS2, why would I want to play it on a smaller screen, with awkward controls?  (I really hate that analogue nub)

The DS has a lot more games that are easy to play when you're traveling about, or just need to play when you have a few minutes spare.  It seems like too much effort to do this with the PSP, and the whole thing just seems rather unnecessary to me.  It just feels like a mini PS2.

Its emulation abilities seem to be the biggest draw..   :-\

Offline Ryederz

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 11:41:09 pm »
i own 4 nintendo game boy. the original(dot matrix, big thing with 4 aa batteries), game boy color, game boy advance and game boy advance SP. whenever i can't finish the game that I'm playing or having hard time finishing the game. i slap it and sometimes threw it. Luckily those staffs are working fine and in good condition.

i vote for DS for quality but PSP has lot a lot of new game and has good graphics.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 04:55:13 pm »
I like the DS and PSP but for different reasons.

The PSP is undoubtedly the more powerful console with the better screen. The games are a lot more like playing on a console which for some people is a plus. Also more traditionally games like racers play a lot better on the PSP. The other features like watching movies and listening to music are also nice to have.

The DS offers a lot of new (or old resurrected) games that, if done right, are really fun and good. The DS has shown us some awesome games that are really fun to play and probably can't be done on any other console.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Ryederz

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 07:03:44 pm »
i watched it on Asian tv channel that DS also has a cartridge that teaches you how to cook and other thing is  a GPS cartridge. there are also other cartridges that are under development.

Offline Celtic Tiger

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Now in 3D!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 08:25:37 pm »
Personnaly, I don't like both the DS and PSP that much. I have both, but I don't play them at all.
I'm tired of seeing terrible, "3D" graphics on the DS, in fact, the only title I really love on it is Rocket Slime.
The PSP has picked up speed with the amount of support developers are giving it, but it't titles still don't appeal to me.

Maybe it's me, maybe it's them, but I don't think I'll be picking up games for them for a long while.

Offline gamer_yuna

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 11:43:24 pm »
i would say that it depends on the game you want to play!  :)

i have both a psp and a ds.  personally i would say that the psp is for more hardcore gamers because of its lineup of games.  usually some of the games on the psp came from its ps2 version which is really cool.

meanwhile the ds gives you a different style of playing due to its features.  im also a huge fan of mario and zelda so i really enjoy having my ds. 

so i guess there is really no point in fighting against this issue.  i suggest you to have them both! ;D

Steam War Begins...