Poll

Where will you post your creature's actions in game?

Creature Corner (In a seperate post)
1 (6.7%)
Creature Corner (In Creature post)
3 (20%)
Spore: Roleplaying and Story Games
4 (26.7%)
Probably won't post it
1 (6.7%)
Something completely different
1 (6.7%)
Don't know yet
5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: What will you do?  (Read 4549 times)

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
What will you do?
« on: December 13, 2007, 10:18:58 am »
Despite the fact that this place has become a fasinating Science Fiction setting, I wonder if people have remembered why we did all this, for a computer game called Spore.

General was put up so we could talk about it, Creature Corner was put up so we could preview our creatures, and RP&S was put up so we could play with them in the meantime. But I think some of us have forgotten why we do this.

So what will you do when it comes out in Spring '08? Will you write a story/documentary on your creature's progress in RP&S? Necro your old thread with information, or make a totally new one? Or just not bother?

I might use the filming feature they talked about to create a documenatry, complete with my best David Attonborough voice, and put on YouTube.

Also, I want to know what you will do with the Demo they have told us about.

I'm just going to use to make ambient animals and plants, and make Sophonts with the Spore Game.

EDIT: I put this in RP&S because it seemed the most appropriate place.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 10:24:43 am by Haseri »

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Re: What will you do?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 10:23:42 am »
I'll talk about how my creatures evolved from this form to the Spore-based product. I'll track the Auyuelcliad's progress and whatnot, but in my opinion, the real idea lives here, because I can't get across the complexity of history, evolution and culture that I'd like.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 10:32:42 am »
Well, I'll in fact try to recreate some of the stuff that happened here. In fact I feel the Urshans for example are so disconnected from spore by now I'll only make them in spore as a truphy of some kind, and mainly for others to enjoy playing with after they could real tons of cool information about them if they wish.

I am sure to play with races others made here in spore though, and I think thats half the fun.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 10:43:09 am »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure on my first play through I'll download all the Fanfic Races to serve as neighbours.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 11:00:03 am »
When I think of it you have a good point here. I don't create all these things and participate in all these RPs for spore, or influenced by spore. Its mainly for the fun and challenge and even a little intellectual challenge and feedback, and mostly at least for me cause I have this urge to create and our fan-fic universe feels like a huge masterpiece to me.

I do hope in spore to recreate some of it and enjoy trying to create new stories with our universe, though I would greatly miss the feedback feeling and interaction with others, something I am quite disappointed spore doesn’t have.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 11:06:36 am »
Of course, I started my race as a 'What-I'd-do-in-Spore."

But, as BioCat said, the Fanfic universe just took off. It became something huge and complex, and interesting. It is a great creative activity to indulge in. And, if I compare how often I read information on Spore, and how often I post in this forum, this has become a bigger aspect of my Iternet-life than Spore. I'm addicted to the Fanfic Universe ;).

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 11:12:03 am »
I also started the Yunimius as a mere concept, but complexity soon took place. I'm going to base my creature in some way on the Yunimius, but not exactly the same.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 03:44:49 pm »
I fully expect that a good portion of my creatures will not be possible in Spore. In reality, I created a lot of them with absolutely no intention of creating them in Spore. They were made to populate my own little fiction, as a testing ground for my creativity, or sometimes even springing forth from dreams. The ones I've posted here are the relitively normal-looking ones; you know, with a skeleton and organs and a definite body shape and all that. I've got energy-beings, shape-shifters, liquid life forms, uber-beings, near-humans, and a *cough* sex monster *cough* stashed away in my archives.

I think what I'll do is just make a new thread(s) for my Spore based creature(s)... not realy abandon the ones here but continue them elsewhere in a place that isn't Spore-centric.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 03:53:49 pm »
While spore may have been the orrigional inspiration, our universe here has evolved far byond the game.  I will probbaly fill my creature thread with various tales, pictures and movies from in game, but I definetly think our RP here will live on, completly independant of the game itself.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 04:03:37 pm »
This universe is so complex as that it is, in our minds, parallel to our own. Spore isn't sophisticated enough to provide that. When looked at objectively, it's just a game. Albeit it can simulate large scale changes, but it doesn't provide opportunity to show how the optical cells in a visual cluster of a Suntus work or the detailed terms of the Enlightened Union treaty.

Offline Inkling

• Strider Hiryu
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 07:32:20 am »
It sounds like I differ a bit from the rest of you on this.  With the exception of stuff from the C.C.C., I plan on recreating every creature I have posted here.  Races I describe as violent will still be violent, races that are peaceful will still be peaceful.  When possible, I will use vehicle and ship designs that I have posted, though probably with some modifications.  I have tried to keep the goal of creating stuff here that would easily translate into Spore itself.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 05:15:55 am »
Though I'll attempt to do the same I know and fear many of my creations can't be made properly in spore. Even if we will ignore things like religion and culture that couldn't be made in spore, even my Urshans that are supposed to have feet that can also be used as graspers couldn't be perfectly created in spore and I'd have to slightly adjust things and get as close as I can to the original concept using whatever tools I have. Same for the Naucean's mouth graspers, the fur pattern on a Torpal, the poor Icthians as a race, the proper locomotion of an Auyuelcliad, and many others.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2007, 05:17:03 am »
My species itself is impossible. Especially the mouth system.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 12:00:14 pm »
I'll certainly get Spore, but I've decided not to make Elbeasts.  Or any of my other creatures.  They are better in my imagination then on the screen.
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 08:48:59 pm »
It sounds like I differ a bit from the rest of you on this.  With the exception of stuff from the C.C.C., I plan on recreating every creature I have posted here.  Races I describe as violent will still be violent, races that are peaceful will still be peaceful.  When possible, I will use vehicle and ship designs that I have posted, though probably with some modifications.  I have tried to keep the goal of creating stuff here that would easily translate into Spore itself.

Well, ya, I plan on doing the same with the Kratair, but only so much can be transfered into the game.  Everything else will remain here, at least until an expansion pack allows me to create it.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net