Author Topic: Pata Pata Pata Pon! PATAPON!  (Read 9573 times)

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
Re: Pata Pata Pata Pon! PATAPON!
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 09:42:31 am »
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline otaku62

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 11:14:54 pm »
So has anybody been playing this?
I absolutely love it. The artwork is great, the animations are fun and the gameplay keeps getting harder (trying to cross the desert now).
After each level you see the patapons walking back to town with wagons full of the loot you (they) got  :) The music changes all the time, throwing in odd beats to make it harder to keep time. When the patapons get into fever mode (after 10 combos without a mistake) they start jumping around and attacking wildly and sometimes they start singing ecstatically which always cracks me up and causes me to miss a beat... (and makes the patapons complain about my lousy drumming). A nice touch is that you can upgrade the weapons on each of your patapons yourself, but if you want to get on to the next level as soon as possible you can also just click the optimize button.
Great game!

EDIT: BTW: It's worthwhile playing with headphones so you can here more of the music and sound effects!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 12:07:28 am by otaku62 »

Offline Shadowgandor

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2008, 07:47:08 am »
Yea, I got this game as well. It is GREAT, seriously, I love it :D

Chiki chiki pata pon! :P

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2008, 08:41:33 am »
I've played it at a friend of mine. man what a game! ;D there's some real deep gameplay in there, which is something you don't expect from a rhythm game.
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline homez99

• Contributor
  • Atari Combat Vet
  • Chris Holmes
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2008, 10:27:27 am »
I've been playing this too, it's delicious. There will be a review of the game on the Gaming Steve front page within the week or so, but I am also playing the intoxicating Professor Layton and the Curious Village on my DS too, so there might be some delay depending on how well I can solve these bizarre puzzles and continue to get deeper into the Patapon beat. (Pon Pon Pata Pon)

Offline gamer_yuna

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 11:52:17 pm »
i've been playing this game too. and i've heard that its quite popular in the US.

the game is pretty difficult at first but once you get the hang of the patapon song it seems that you don't want to stop.

PATA PATA PATA PON!

Steam War Begins...