Author Topic: Jam Sessions DS  (Read 2605 times)

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
Jam Sessions DS
« on: December 03, 2007, 11:19:04 am »
Jam Sessions is more of a toy than a game, it simulates a guitar on your DS. It has songs included (list of songs) that you can play along, but you don't lose points when you miss a note, or gain points when you get one right, it's all for your own pleasure. You can also just play around in Free Play mode, composing your own tune.

It's gotten average reviews on most sites, but I'd like to ask here too: Anybody that has this game, is it fun to just play around with, or do you have to have a big interest in (guitar) music to appreciate this?

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
Re: Jam Sessions DS
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 11:57:49 am »
i played it but it got boring for me fast.... probably because i sucked

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 12:14:49 pm »
Just... Buy a guitar.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

gec05

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 07:24:00 pm »
The only good thing that you could get out of it is that you can compose your own music in a limited manner. And you can strum it. That's it.

I'll stick to making music on Logic. Apple really knows how to give you some creative software.

Offline Daytime_Lantern

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 06:05:24 pm »
I bought a guitar for 100 bucks. been working on a few basic struming techniques and have a friend at work showing me a few things 8)

Offline Bonemouse

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 10:15:30 pm »
Unless I can find a guitar that is 20 bones or less and is roughly the same size as a DS cart, I think I'm going to pick this up after Christmas. I must admit, I've always wanted to jam with my musically inclined friends and, although I'll likely get bored with it, this seems to be the only way I might actually be able to participate.

At one point they were going to (or had) bundled it with a little amp. I haven't seen that in stores though.