Author Topic: Revolution  (Read 6766 times)

Offline The Evil Blob

• Missile Commander
  • "Enchanted creature gets +8/+8 and has Trample"
    • View Profile
Revolution
« on: March 20, 2005, 01:31:48 pm »
No, I'm not talking about Nintendo's next console. Instead I am referring to something that will more likely be a revolution.

Final Fantasy XII

Yes. It seems almost impossible to believe that the game's April 14th release date is a mere 25 days away. But it is.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 01:38:08 pm by The Evil Blob »

Why do you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
Re: Revolution
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 11:42:32 pm »
Hum, totally forgot about this one. Too many other great games coming out in the next few months.

Wow, FFXII comes out on the same day as Jade Empire. I guess it will be RPG-madness day that day.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 02:27:17 am »
Does it come out in Japan or the US though? Cause FFXI was in Japan for a long while before it made the jump.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline The Evil Blob

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 10:52:50 am »
4/14/05 is the release date for the US.

Offline Ferret

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • PHP Princess
    • View Profile
    • Ferretgames.com
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 06:57:11 pm »
I have found nothing that points to that release date, as far as I know it's still the old vague "Some time in 2k5".

Anyway, I hardly care, it'll be the same as the other pieces of crap.

Best FF = Tactics Advance.
Only good FF? = Tactics Advance. (Note that the only ones I've never played are Tactics 1 and FF11.)

I mean, you say Lucas is mlking his cash cow with Star Wars, I'ld love to know what you think Squenix are doing.
How exactly do you think it will be a revolution. It so will not and will never be.

Offline Jecrell

• Battlezone Captain
  • Giant Snowy Ape
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 09:06:31 pm »
Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSX was better than the one on the Gameboy Advance in my honest opinion. The GBA version was playing on the whole "new FF" ideal. While FFT for the PSX was so much more related to the final fantasies of the day in look and character.

I loved it, see if you can find a copy. I actually went through the trouble of buying it again to play it some more a few years ago.

Offline Ferret

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • PHP Princess
    • View Profile
    • Ferretgames.com
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 10:05:16 pm »
My main problem with getting it is that it never got a PAL release. I cannot play any other region on the PS I have either.
My only solution would be emulating it, and it's not easy to emulate things perfectly at all. Not to mention that even after getting it there's a high chance it won't bloody run at all.

I'm sure I'll get it one day though, I've always been told that the PS Tactics is superior to FFT:A, and I like FFT:A a hell of a lot.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 12:18:19 am »
FFT was good, and so was FFT:A my main problem with Tactics: Advanced was most of the class abilities just sucked, there where only a few classes that seemed playable. The rabit-people and the lizard-guys really seemed to have gotten the shaft.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline The Evil Blob

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 07:06:47 am »
(Note that the only ones I've never played are Tactics 1 and FF11.)
If those are the only two FF games you've ever played, how can you judge the entire series?

The difference between Star Wars and Final Fantasy, by the way, is that Final Fantasy games are not just run-of-the-mill crap. If the games weren't so damn good, I would accuse Square Enix of the same thing that I accused George Lucas of. Need I remind you that the "first" two Star Wars movies (Ep. I and II) were horrible in the opinions of many?

Offline Ferret

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • PHP Princess
    • View Profile
    • Ferretgames.com
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 08:07:24 am »
(Note that the only ones I've never played are Tactics 1 and FF11.)
If those are the only two FF games you've ever played, how can you judge the entire series?
Read again. You've missed the N.

Offline The Evil Blob

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2005, 08:08:36 am »
My bad. Never mind that first part of my previous post.

Offline zaphod

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Didn't yah hear, I come in 6 packs.
    • View Profile
    • Me and my wifes little blog
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2005, 11:58:33 am »
Hmmm... that does look beautiful. To bad I will never get to play it.  I havent played a FF besided FFT:A since 7.  I still need to get 8 for the PC.

Offline Zealousy

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2005, 12:50:41 pm »
The art sure looks pretty, but I wouldn't judge it by that. There are a few videos around the net. Fileplanet has some, I know; and I imagine FileFront does too. The game does look pretty, but there are a few gameplay changes that might cause some controversy. I don't really play FF games, but it'll be interesting to know what people think.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 01:07:07 pm by Zealousy »
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- Will Shriner

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2005, 07:11:49 pm »
Most FF videos are just parts of cutscenes and things. Almost anybody (well, not anybody) can make a nice-looking cutscene for a game. That's one reason I don't really like the FFs for PSX and up. Especially FF8. The music puts me to sleep, even the battle music. I'd rather have my sprites running about and Cain showing up randomly throughout the adventure.

Offline Zealousy

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2005, 10:26:36 pm »
That's true... but it's even easier to make great-looking concept art. ;D

I know there's a gameplay video or two hiding out on the net. If I find it I'll post a link. ;)
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- Will Shriner