Author Topic: I'm not excited.  (Read 5640 times)

Offline The Rut Nut

• Mystery House Madman
  • I'm 100% Awesome.
    • View Profile
I'm not excited.
« on: November 18, 2007, 02:59:54 pm »
Well, there's Super Mario Galaxy that just came out this past week, and I'm planning on getting it, but only because there's nothing else good on the Wii, and it doesn't look like there's anything good EVER coming out. At least not to me. SMG looks decent, and my Nintendo friends all try to convince me that it's the greatest game. But I don't see why it is. Then there's Brawl coming out next year. Big woop. I could care less. I don't find the Smash Brothers games to be exciting. I want Mass Effect, that's one of the few games I'm excited about, but I don't have a 360. Is there anything to look forward to on the Wii? And why should I want Super Mario? I'm exasperated.

Wii Friend Code :  7212 3384 7515 0076

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: I'm not excited.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 03:02:07 pm »
You seem like you're going into it with a sour attitude and you'll probably be unsatisfied with anything we try to tell you.

Offline Neoteric

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 03:11:57 pm »
If you're not excited about any new games coming out, then which older games made you excited?

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 03:15:55 pm »
I'd say Metroid but with out much to go on concerning what it is you like to play. Mass Effect suggest shooters at least. So Metroid is the closest i can give. As for Mario Galaxy why not tell us what about the game you don't seem to get maybe you missed something I dunno?

Offline The Rut Nut

• Mystery House Madman
  • I'm 100% Awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 03:43:34 pm »
Well, I'm not thinking it's going to be a bad game, it's just that there's nothing that seems to be very encouraging or new about Galaxy. I want to play it, but it doesn't seem like anything special. And I couldn't get through Metroid 1, it wasn't my kind of game. I've heard 3 was different, but I'm thinking I should at least beat 1 first. Maybe I should delve back into that.. I was excited about Project Hammer... which was canceled. And Disaster DoC looks decent.. I guess to sum it up I don't know what the game is like. I've never played Super Mario 64 or Sunshine.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 05:40:26 pm »
People seem to like that Zak & Wiki game. But SMG is a good game.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
  • the tiniest evil thing known to man and willosaurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 06:04:50 pm »
ya, zack and wiki is a good gmae that is plagued with low sell numbers that it doesn't deserve.

and you don't have to beat metroid prime 1 or 3 to play three, because the story is'nt that coplicated or anything. also, metroid 3 is a little bit easier then the other 2.
Quote from: ilikedirt
your spores are wack

Fatal Error: You're creature is crap. You're computer will now explode.

check out my sporepedia page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/vonboy

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 06:27:20 pm »
I'm onyl a little way into MP3 and i dont get a lot of time to play but I'm starting to make time as I'm really discovering I like the puzzle solving aspects of each room. I dont know if thats something you are into. Still I can't give you 1st hand notes on Mario on what I have seen. Which is if you are remotely into the 3d adventure platforming then this should appeal. If you aren't into the genre then there is nothing any game can do for you.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 06:30:22 pm »
so... why do you have a wii again?
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 07:14:52 pm »
so... why do you have a wii again?
Tennis.

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 09:43:50 pm »
Well, I'm not thinking it's going to be a bad game, it's just that there's nothing that seems to be very encouraging or new about Galaxy.

It sounds like you are a bit intimidated by the cartoony, childish look of the game. Don't take it to heart. I played, it, and I was amazed. The sheer level of originality and TLC in every level is impressive. It blows your mind every five seconds or so. The gravity-platforming concept is completley new, but impressively implemented. Graphics and sound are on par with a 360 launch game. More important than all that, though, the game radiates this... accessible exuberance. It really appeals to everyone I have seen play it (three very diverse families gathered for a potluck) and in a different way. You don't have to buy a Wii for it, or anything, but your Nintendo friends are right. Sure, it doesn't have the dialog or graphics of Mass effect, but it is more than capable of generating simpler, zanier fun than any "serious" game could dream of making.
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

gec05

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 11:42:04 pm »
But you're never going to appreciate SMG with that kind of attitude. It's the best Wii offering to date and will definately bring you back into it.

As for Smash, you should really appreciate the novel idea of video game characters kicking each others butt. Not to mention the sheer replayability that can last the entire lifetime of this generation. SSBM remains to be the #1 game on the Gamecube and is still fun to play with friends. And consider for the first time, you don't have to call a party of four friends just to get a multiplayer fix. Now that it's online, you can enjoy a live match anytime you choose.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 04:21:51 am »
In my opinion, the Wii is worth owning because the games it does have are fantastic.  If you've never played Mario 64, you may find it hard to see what's so amazing about Mario Galaxy, but give it a chance.  Galaxy may well be the greatest game ever.  And of course there's Zelda, Metroid, Smash Brothers and Mario Kart.  And hopefully we eventually get a decent 3D Pokemon game.  If you're still not impressed, then I guess the Wii isn't the console for you.

The Wii is great and all, but there's no way I could live with it alone.  The 360 already has a very impressive, large library of games, and if you're already interested in a few, then you should probably think about that a bit more.  IMO, Wii60 is definitely the way to go.   ;D

Offline The Rut Nut

• Mystery House Madman
  • I'm 100% Awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 01:29:45 pm »
Well, I'm going to get Galaxy. It's not that I was afraid of its cartooniness, or anything like that. I beat Super Paper Mario and loved that, I guess I just had no idea of what to expect. The last Mario game I played (discounting Paper), was on the SNES. I am not giving it enough credit I suppose. If it doesn't come in under the Christmas tree I'll go out and buy it myself, since I'm broke right now.

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 07:19:00 pm »
Resident Evil 4, even though its a port, it plays best on the Wii. Sadness looks like a neat concept despite the delays. Twilight Princess is awesome.

Some worries about SMG. I haven't played it, but is it really deserving of all the accolades? I have no doubt in my mind it's a great game and that I'd thoroughly enjoy myself. I'm definitely buying it sometime in the future. But is it getting all these high scores just because it's a good Mario game? Kind of like Halo 3 getting 9.5s and 10s?