Author Topic: A Long Way From Home: The Lahktoa Frontier [RP]  (Read 15153 times)

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: A Long Way From Home: The Lahktoa Frontier [RP]
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2007, 02:38:35 pm »
"We'll see, I'll be damned if less then half of us wind up dead, and whoever kills the guy would get the biggest share. I just need 200 lahkcoin. Hopefully I'll find that on his corpse."
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2007, 02:41:10 pm »
"Yeah... That is alot of money. By the way, anyone know what this guy did? Seems a bit strange that he's not wanted alive."

Offline darkov

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Sporepedia - Arrozal
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2007, 02:44:05 pm »
"Does it matter? He's had the misfortune of being tagged, no matter. People die in this world all the time. And I need some more hard currency."
"It's an experience that is not often had but it's very memorable. When you've sat back and thought about the meaning of life or your place in the universe or are there aliens out there or did I evolve from pond scum or whatever it is, that kind of range of questions is the domain of Spore and everybody in some sense has asked our own set of those questions." -- Will Wright

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2007, 02:45:54 pm »
"Bandit, I'd think. Maybe he killed a relative of someone high up or something. But right now we need to find a way of how we're gonna get him. Its a big planet" said Kla'ska

Offline darkov

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Sporepedia - Arrozal
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2007, 02:53:27 pm »
"Depends on how you want to work, the terrain is inhospitable. This will not be easy, but I imagine somebody around here has some ideas to the mark's wherabouts."

Behind his jaw pincers, Zhuul gave an ugly grin, revealing neat rows of small white teeth.

"One thing's for sure, this job is not a solo one."
"It's an experience that is not often had but it's very memorable. When you've sat back and thought about the meaning of life or your place in the universe or are there aliens out there or did I evolve from pond scum or whatever it is, that kind of range of questions is the domain of Spore and everybody in some sense has asked our own set of those questions." -- Will Wright

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2007, 02:55:36 pm »
"Sure it's big, but there are only certain places you can be. Unless this guy has found out how to survive in the quick sand.

Yes, we're going to have to work as a team, but when it comes down to who kills him, its every man for himself..."

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2007, 02:56:04 pm »
((Time to turn in. Seeya tommorow))

Offline darkov

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Sporepedia - Arrozal
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2007, 03:02:33 pm »
"As unfortunate as it seems, I think you're right. It will be most... interesting to see this group try and work together. You know it often starts with tables being flipped and pistols being drawn, but in the end it always comes down to tooth and claw. We'll see."

Zhuul then turned his gaze to the table and said nothing.

(( I'm out, till tomorrow ))

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2007, 03:03:11 pm »
Jorad yawned as he listened to the aliens' conversation.

"I don't know about you but this is getting pretty irritating and I'm losing my patience... When will this guy show up?"

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2007, 06:58:23 am »
"Well, he better show up! We've been waiting here for quite some time now. I'm not very fond of cheesy clients... ", Kanenatsu exclaimed. "Wasting my time is not a very good idea."

Kanenatsu stood up and left the table. It was clear that he was not happy about the client being late. He has a record of bludgeoning to death some of his clients because they ticked him off. This usually lead him to being outlawed on some planets, but then again, the universe is a very big place and being banned from a few planets isn't much of a loss to him.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2007, 11:17:03 am »
The night was starting to champion over the day. The barkeep lit a few candles, muttering to customers about power rationing procedures. The wind was picking up, and was whistling through the bar. Shutters smahsed in and out errily, and local miners, having blown thier savings on drowning thier sorrows, returned to thier homes, so that they could encounter a whole new army of sorrows the new day.

The door opened, quickly, pushed aside. A hooded being walked from the door to the bar, steadily, without a look to either side. He stared at the barman, and you are shocked to see him flinch back having glimpsed into the hood, the point at your table; eagerly busying himself with cleaning a few glasses.

The being advanced on the table. It's hood fell away: revealing the face of an Auyuelcliad. Or, what once was an Auyuelcliad. The left hand side of the jaw had simply fallen away, and the rest of the leaned towards the gap, in long, liquid lines, although it had been melted. One eye stared off in another direction, and occasionally moved of it's own accord, clearly sightless. The whole face was black, the fur scorched off to reveal pink, raw flesh, with patches of blackened, cracked skin. A raspy noise emitted from it's throat, followed by a mechanical voice, from some kind of primitive voice synthesising machine. It is almost, insanley humourous in a sick way, but not here, not in the dark, not alone. His manner of speaking was disjointed and bizarre...

"Greetings from your employer. I see there are several of you. Do not worry about payment. 5000 Lahkcoin each to all those who survive. Let it not be said that my Master does no pay well.

This much money may seem a great deal for a mission of this kind, but only to those not accustomed to Naish's reputation. It is clear you wonder what crime he has done. They are legion. For one thing; my charming visage is the product of my own tangle with Naish.
Why we need him dead, we shall simply not say. Do not attempt to procure such details from me.

I also would like to inform you that Naish is an assumed name. His true name is Jull Repxor. Never use this name to describe him.
Your hunt will begin in Shonogor, the merchant town to the South. This is where Naish was last seen, heading east into Native territories. You may take anything you find on him, except a card he carries. It is worthless to you, but of deep sentimental value to my employer.

You will have to travel across dangerous territories to hunt dangerous people. Simply think of 5000 Lahkcoin.

This is all I will say. Questions?"
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2007, 03:26:06 pm »
Brick listened intently as the Auyuelcliad spoke. When he was finished he raised his hand.

"Yes, i've got two actually. First, will we be provided transportation to this town, or must we find our own? And second, do you know of any good gun shops around? I'm looking for a good deal on a weapon."

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2007, 08:24:37 pm »
"Just how dangerous is this Jull er Naish guy? I've seen people with worse injuries than you. What's this twig's kill estimate?"

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2007, 06:19:11 am »
(("Jabba's put up 10,000 credits on your head, Solo. That aloooot of credits." :P ))

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2007, 06:44:58 am »
"You may travel with me. I have ship and am headed that way anyway. This will cost you nothing.

There shall be ample oppurtunities in Shonogor to purchase weaponry. I reccomend you purchase appropriate clothing and equipemtn for travel over the Sand Wastes, as that is the direction that Naish fled.

I told you I will tell you nothing of Naish's crimes. Whatever doubts you have shall disappear once you find him. He is known to be an amazing fighter, and rest assured he shall have accomplices. He would have no problem dispatching you people, I guess, and most other assilants. You will probably have to rely on some form of trap of plan to snare him."
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.