Author Topic: A Long Way From Home: The Lahktoa Frontier [RP]  (Read 15168 times)

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
Re: A Long Way From Home: The Lahktoa Frontier [RP]
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 05:26:13 am »
Jorad played with a small mechanic gadget humming to himself an old Labor song without giving it a second thought. He looked at the other alien fellows sitting at the table. ‘What an odd bunch, you don’t see these kind of creatures round here that much’. ‘The scum of the galaxy are the only ones left on this poor planet I guess. I sure miss the respectable hard working Auyuelcliads that used to be the majority in this place’. This thought scarred his face with pain as memories of his miner friends lost under the sand came back to him…

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 06:33:02 am »
Pathetic infidels Guhltai thought to himself. They seek profit where there is honout to be held.

Thoughn the money is a nice extra and not unwanted...

Offline darkov

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Sporepedia - Arrozal
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2007, 09:12:14 am »
Zhuul focused his eyes.

He'd never seen a poster like it before, although the meaning was apparently clear.

It had attracted his attention after he'd finished washing down the sandy water, or muck the barman served him. Oh ask the Suns of Rol what he would give for some sweet taste of home. Or even a bit of luck.

This just might be it, it occurred to him. A bit of cash for the road, plus a nice fat bonus. This could work, and the Dominion drones wouldn't have a take in it. All here on some forsaken planet even the Confederacy didn't want.

He made a mental collection of the functioning gear he had at his ship and nodded. This, this could be done.

Slowly he turned around, taking care his carapace didn't knock over any tables. Oh, how embarrassing that had been by the damned souls of Loth....

He clattered softly on the floor panels towards the group of misfits and mercenaries, the soft brown cloth swinging gently from the indigo flak plating on his body. The sun made his incandescent blue carapace shine brightly, but the heat was bearable.

Pushing the seat aside, he semi-squatted on the floor and watched the visionary organs of the other miserable souls gathered at the table. Their eyes told a thousand stories of pain and conflict, the effects were plain to be seen on their faces. Weatherbeaten, scarred and all unique. Some races he could pick, others could have flown in from the 'rim yesterday. They all gave him brief and careful looks, but he was used to it.

The dull hum conversation continued but he said nothing, waiting for the information that seemed to be coming. He turned and gave another studied gaze to the poster, concentrating on the face. The face was pathetic looking, but the eyes burned defiantly.

Zhuul chittered softly.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 01:41:29 pm by darkov »
"It's an experience that is not often had but it's very memorable. When you've sat back and thought about the meaning of life or your place in the universe or are there aliens out there or did I evolve from pond scum or whatever it is, that kind of range of questions is the domain of Spore and everybody in some sense has asked our own set of those questions." -- Will Wright

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2007, 09:15:52 am »
((Woah, woah, WOAH. You haven't been aproved. and we don't even know what your race is like, and you haven't been aproved.))
the real saviour of this forum

Offline darkov

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Sporepedia - Arrozal
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2007, 09:29:37 am »
((Woah, woah, WOAH. You haven't been aproved. and we don't even know what your race is like, and you haven't been aproved.))

(( I know, I know but the story hasn't begun, from what I can see of it. I just made a intro post like the others. Plus I did a detailed introduction in the Lahktoa sign up thread. If there's a problem though that's okay, just delete, or tell me what I can fix. :) ))
"It's an experience that is not often had but it's very memorable. When you've sat back and thought about the meaning of life or your place in the universe or are there aliens out there or did I evolve from pond scum or whatever it is, that kind of range of questions is the domain of Spore and everybody in some sense has asked our own set of those questions." -- Will Wright

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2007, 09:33:25 am »
((That description was far more about the race then the person, but lets just leave it up to Stalin boy to choose))

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2007, 01:37:30 pm »
Brick looked around the table. Several other beings had walked through the door and towards his table over the past several minutes. As more people sat down the more Brick worried. Too many people going after one man would create distrust and eventually havoc in their own ranks. And that wouldn't be good.
He eyed the different species. One large being was obviously mechanical. A very faint whine could be heard whenever the creation moved about. Besides that it stood so still when it wanted to.
An Urshan seemed to be staring at a small piece of junk. The newest arrival, a bug, sat off to the side looking over everyone.
Never seen those guys before, Brick thought to himself. Another being seemed to be wearing old armor. It looked as if it would fall off if the creature wanted to move, but it didn't. An Austian sat at the table as well. Brick nodded at the being when he looked over at him. In one of his missions an Austian Space Marine had saved his ass by pulling him onto a transport that was taking off. If he hadn't made it on to the ship he would have been dead. No amount of training could save you from roughly 5,000 bullets and energy beams flying at you.

"Anyone know of a good gun store around here? I seem to have misplaced my pistol..."

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2007, 01:55:16 pm »
"There's that one by Old Rain Street, but the stocks are so low he's charging so much I'd have to do this twice to pay off the cost of the gun" said Kla'ska softly, looking entirely unintrested. He was fiddling with his knife, twirling it several times with the same naturalness as holding a pencil.

Offline darkov

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Sporepedia - Arrozal
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2007, 01:59:01 pm »
Zhuul focused his sight on the brawny Monan who had just spoken up in the Galactic's common tongue.

He raised his forelimbs slightly and bowed his head.

"A pistol is a very dangerous thing to misplace. Perhaps you are in need of something bigger, something not so easily lost?"

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2007, 02:02:24 pm »
"Its more dangerous to misplace if it has your kill tally on it" smirked Kla'ska, still playing with his knife.

Offline darkov

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Sporepedia - Arrozal
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2007, 02:21:18 pm »
Zhuul nodded slowly and smiled.

"Perhaps, if it means anything to anyone."

He scratched the rough stubble under his jaw pincers thoughtfully before turning again to the Austian.

"And what brings you, Austian, to a hole like this outside of Confederate or Union space? Don't tell me you're here to work on your tan?"

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2007, 02:26:41 pm »
"Escape" said Kla'ska "From the hole that my so called 'Leaders' had been digging my race into. I assure you, very few of us would be here if it were to our own choices".

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2007, 02:28:30 pm »
"Agreed. I'm here because of a tangle with a ... group. Not very nice people if you know what i mean."

The Monan started scratching at the table, carving small symbols into the old wood.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2007, 02:33:21 pm »
"Yeah well, 500 lahkcoin is more than enough to get me off this damned planned. You know, if we split it between us."

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2007, 02:35:19 pm »
"All or nothing for me. I need as much as i can get, and i'm not too fond of sharing with people that i don't know. In fact, i'm not too fond of sharing at all."