Author Topic: A Long Way From Home: The Lahktoa Frontier [RP]  (Read 15166 times)

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Re: A Long Way From Home: The Lahktoa Frontier [RP]
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2008, 02:20:41 pm »
"Naish? Naish is a resident of this planet, and has been since before anybody knew him. He has spent much of his life here. Naish is Lahktoa....and theres some that'd say Lahktoa is Naish."
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2008, 02:21:51 pm »
''What kind of influence does he have?'' Guhltai said ''Is he a druglord, crimeboss? Or a vigilante?''
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 02:26:30 pm by Dr. Croccer »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2008, 07:00:54 pm »
Unbeknown to all of them, Kanenatsu was listening to the whole conversation from afar. His mind filtered out the background noise so he can hear the conversation without interference. While sitting in his wooden chair, without a word, he became quite interested in Guhltai's question. If they find out what Naish's occupation was, they'll finally have an idea of how they can deal with him, or it.

"Good question, tinman." He said in his head, while revealing smile on his face, though not noticeable because of the position of his small mouth.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2008, 01:53:48 am »
"He is immmensley skilled in all forms of combat, and has alot of people under his influence. I wouldn't call him a Crime Lord, really. Although what he does is seldom legal. Most of the time he stays with the damn natives.

I think it's easier for me to tell my story, unless you have any more questions?"
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2008, 04:33:59 am »
"We are listening"

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2008, 04:53:56 am »
"So am I." Kanenatsu said to himself in his own mind, in a very sarcastic way. "I'd better start being serious from now on. I don't want to be off-guard now, do I?"

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2008, 11:20:33 am »
"No questions? Ok....Well.

I first met Naish in the early days of the Revolution. Y'see, I was but a young man back then; but I remember it well.

People seem to imagine that the Revolution was one massive uprising; organised, maintained and controlled. It was nothing of the sort.
Our local community heard about riots and rebellions for a few years beforehand; I practically grew up with it. Then, there was the call. Transmitters started being captured, and a propoganda war ensued. Elsewhere, the fighting was hard. But we were out of it. Eventually, we realised we were supposed to declare for one side or the other. There was no impassioned seiszure of property or the like. We simply all went to the town hall and...bear with me! we discussed things. Eventually, it was decided that, if the rebels held out for a little longer it would prove that they were on roughly equal terms and we would declare for the rebels. Confederate supporters either left, or simply lived on and complained alot. Our decision didn't matter until a band of retreating Confederate soldiers tried to take shelter in our town. There was much arguing about what to do; mainly called for their expulsion and even execution. Eventually, myself and a few of the lads went around and arrested them, fair and square. A man named Zapanta was now de facto leader of the town, and he had put thought into maintaining an army. He had been a stockholder in a failed company and before that part of the Confederate army. His expertise and training helped greatly...

If theres anything you want to know about the Revolution before I continue, please ask my associate here."
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 11:22:45 am by Mr. Consideration »

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2008, 11:40:32 am »
"As I'm a citizen of this planet since it was first called a colony I was here in the time of the revolution. Still as a miner I simply don't know what happened in the big towns. Was there a consensus about your decision? Did you really didn't care that much it was that simple?"

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2008, 11:45:58 am »
"Well, I supported the Revolution. Not any paticular branch fo the revolutionary forces; just the overthrow of the Confederate government. Thsoe who were against the majority in towns had a variety of fates. Many were burtally murdered or driven out of the town. Some towns degenerated into warzones before either side's troops arrived. It was a confusing, hectic crime and horrible things went on.

Town generally declared for one side and made militia or gave soldiers to one side or another. Some were neutral, although seldom for very long. There was a central force for both sides, with towns serving as bases and resting grounds and supplying troops occasionally."

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2008, 04:34:13 pm »
"I see... carry on friend."