Author Topic: The Blargbell's Introduction to the Galaxy- Hold onto your hats!  (Read 15671 times)

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
The Blargbell's Introduction to the Galaxy- Hold onto your hats!
« on: November 12, 2007, 05:34:07 pm »
((This thread is an RP between Snake and myself, and eventually Huckbuck. To be different than most, this thread will actually be a recollection of the King of Cool, the king of the Empire. I enjoy writing in the first person, so this will be easiest for me.
 If you must post, please post in these little thingies. { "((this is how you should type!))" }
Anyway, yeah. Some stuff I just wanted to letcha know, I don't appreciate profanity in my thread! Refrain from being vulgar, be nice, and for the love of Awesome, PLEASE DON'T START A FLAME WAR.
I guess that's it! I hope everyone enjoys watching my humble little squid-things see ACTUAL alien beings.  :) ))

An ectremely old Bell was sitting by a roaring flame, with many small, young Bells crowded around him. "Tell us the story of how aliens first came, Onceking Blnnndrrrbss! Please, won't you?"
Their large, glossy eyes pleaded, their voices were wistful.
"Yes," sighed the greying, Onceking, "I will tell you. It all started like this..."

"Ah."

The King of Cool (a.k.a, King Blnnndrrrbss, me) rumbled deeply in his tentacles. "Today is a day of greatness. I can feel it in my jelly, this day will be good for me, and my people. Despite the plague, I feel that peace will finally settle on the land."
For in this land, his land, there was a great turmoil going on. Bells were dropping, left and right, because of an evil disease supposedly created and spread by an Anti-Awesome who was experimenting with things he did not fully understand, causing something much worse than he ever intended to happen, to happen.

Bells were dying, and not spreading their spores.

This is and of itself something almost too terrible to comprehend. A Bell dying, but not reproducing at the same time? The thought of this sent panic throughtout the whole of the Empire, and even beyond, where even now the deadly virus is causing the gas organ which allows them to spread their spores, to collapse, causing great pain to the virus's contracter, and eventually killing them.

To top things off, the many enemies of the Empire have been coming in, raiding, killing, and gerenally causing havoc, then dissapearing yet again back from whence they came. Not to mention thay the North, South, East and West Empire Sub-Nations have been bickering and fighting over land, sometimes actually resulting in bloodshed. And now, for no particular reason, the once-friendly (if mysterious and intimidating) People of the Hole have decided to block off almost all trade with the Empire, as well as all other nations, almost completely toppling the delicate tower which is the monetary system.

"And what's more," the King thought to himself, "No matter how hard I try to reshape my people, bringing back the Old Way of revering those who live beyond our Home, they are stubborn. Bloodthirst and bloodshed of the many years of war have transformed my people into a mean, horrible creature, bent upon the destruction of all in its path. And I am becoming wary of the Awesomers, they are too haughty, behaving as if the yown this land. MY land."

For now, where once temples dedicated to watching the Stars once stood, waiting for their Creator to appear and guide them to the Heavens, there are now ruins, or just hide-outs for the many thieves which reside here. Some Awesomers have even ordered the places to be destroyed, claiming that they are the places of Demons. Thankfully, there is still the King's personal Temple, where his helpers will work in shifts to watch the Sky, just in case SOMETHING would appear.

This morning, despite what the King (I, King Blnnndrrrbss) would think, would not be peaceful. It would start off a chain reaction that would be the snapping point for his people, for this particular moring-

"King! King Blnnndrrrbss!" A Skywatcher scuttled in frantically, having attached himself to a Speedworm.

"King... They have arrived."

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline Snake

• Choplifter Captain
  • Bow down.
    • View Profile
Re: The Blargbell's Introduction to the Galaxy- Hold onto your hats!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 05:50:47 pm »
  Far above Blargbell, a warphole opened, and a ravaged Valiant exited. " Ah... we have arrived. " Proclaimed Grand Priest Zar'Har, " At last, after 3 decades, we have found a new home. Begin the sequence. " " But sir, " thought a preist-technician, " there are intelligents down there! " " I care not, now is the time, our journey comes to an end, we embark on the path to bringing those to the Light upon this world, descend so that we may teach these younglings the way of Truth! " Thought Zar'Har.

Valiant began to descend backwards, a planned route. Its shields absorbed most of the heat, and some it burned the hull, but otherwise, the Valiant was okay. It descended for about a minute, and then landed vertically into the ground. The result was nearly a mile-high ship serving as a beacon to those around it. " I proclaim this, Central Spire! Begin the colonization procedure, and now we shall soon contact the species. I intend to meet them in-person. " The elevators had all been engineered recently to work vertically, as well as horizontally.

A small gate opened at the bottom...
Please look at the Miala and their Wiki on the page.

Quote from: Gungnir
Blarg chicka blarg-blarg

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 06:13:41 pm »
The King did not have much time. He didn't even respond, he just rushed got onto the Speedwurm, threw off the messanger, and attached himself on. He rushed out the door, just in time to see the biggest structure he had ever seen in his short life, falling from the sky. Whatever it was, it was hope. Hope that by the mass populace seeing this event, that his people would repend from their ways and get back to revering their masters, the Ones from The Stars.

As he thought of all this, he continued down the many, many flights of steps in his castle, quicly rounding up a large greeting party, when he finally realized that these were the ones who were going to take him to Heaven, and he did not even have anything on! He snatched the fanciest hatmask in distance from a nearby servant, who dropped the tray he was carrying in surprise, having been hat-snatched.

The King continued rounding up the largest, best, most formal welcoming party he could find in a few short minutes, and they all sttached themselves to the Royal Speedwurms (bred by experts for hundreds of years, only from royal stock), and they all scurried as fast as they could to the spot where an enormous tower was falling from the sky. Unfortunately, this was many miles away. Also unfortunately, this landing spor was precariously close to the Hole, and he did NOT want that Beacon of Hope to be swallowed by that deep, dark abyss. Banishing these horrid thoughts, he cleared his mind, for soon he would meet the ones that surely made his species.

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Offline Snake

• Choplifter Captain
  • Bow down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 06:23:45 pm »
 The newly named Central Spire began to set off spotlights in the air, increasing its awe effect. The Grand Preist and a few bodyguards stepped out, and awaited the intelligent species. They had no idea what was coming, but were sure that they would accept Truth.

Blarg chicka blarg-blarg

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 06:34:31 pm »
As the Spire touched dow, thankfully only landing AMLOST in the Hole, the King and his five dozen associates scuttled their way into the clearing, where they saw tall, green beings, all with red eyes, and three mouths. The King was confused for a moment, thinking back on all of the ancient holy stone cuttings, showing the Creators in exact detail. These beings looked nothing like what they were supposed to, but the King shook this feeling off. None of the others seemed worried about this, why should he?

"Oh great Ones from the Stars! We, your humble servants, welcome you into the world of the Empire! As you Holy Race, we have built up an army to conquer all those opposed to your will, which you bestowed on us many a year ago, at the creation of my species! As you have come, as was prophesied, I am assured that you will sweep throughout the land, destroying this wretched disease, as well as our enemies. Yes, I know that you shall annihalate those which would do the same to us! And as your servant I am glad to-"

All that the Miali saw were long, greenish worm like creatures, with large beaks specialized for crushing bone, and chomping the grass, each with a long tail with a grasper at the end, each worm sporting... buzzing hats?

Offline Snake

• Choplifter Captain
  • Bow down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 06:39:33 pm »
 Suddenly all five of the Miali began laughing in the Mialin way. This was the single most hilarious thing they had seen in their lives in space. Worms with buzzing hats. " HAhah, look at this insignificant worm! " thought the Grand Preist. The guards had to hold each other up to keep from falling over laughing.

Blarg chicka blarg-blarg

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 06:52:13 pm »
The Blargbells were confused. The Great Ones were stumbling around, creating an odd noise from their mouth-parts. "How is that even possible?" thought the King.

One of The King's advisors suggested granting gifts upon these immortal beings. "Of course!" exclaimed the King, "Bring the Great Ones gifts!" Bring them 200 of our finest Speedwurms, and at least seven dozen vials of our best blood, and bring our pipe! We must formally make peace with these great Lords."

His servants did as he asked, hastily due to their slight fear if these great, green gods. One at a time, they came back, with Packwurms tied behind them loaded with goods, and one at a time, the Bells made the Speedwurms untie the gifts, and gently place them at the feet of the gods.

The King then recieved a pipe almost longer than he was tall. As he retrieved it, wrapping his tentacles around it, he un-suctioned himself from the spinal cord of his steed, and slowly crawled up the ramp which led up to the Great Ones. Unsheathing his Stomachmouth, he stuck one of his prongs into the pipe, and sucked in through it, sucking in some dark liquid gunk (not at all looking pleasent). He then calmly handed it to the Great Ones, who were now strangely staring back and forth from him, to his sted, and back to him. He calmly held out the pipe, in waiting for their Chief Great One to step forth and drink the pipe with him, as tradition requires.

Offline Snake

• Choplifter Captain
  • Bow down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 07:00:12 pm »
" Err.... " Said Zar'Hal. " Go ahead sir, drink up! " Said one of his bodyguards, causing them to start laughing again. " No, we shall bring him into the Collective for a few moments. " With that, he touched his finger to the walking top-hat... Thing.

The King suddenly felt thousands of heartbeats, and thousands of voices all talking at once. Suddenly, they coalesced into one, booming voice, " We greet you in the Light and Love of Unity, and the One Creator. We, are the Miali, and who are you, or rather, what are you? "

Blarg chicka blarg-blarg

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 07:10:25 pm »
The King was speechless for a moment. Not because of the oddness f what happened, he experienced almost the exact same thing while Dreaming. But because this being... this thing was not the One who created his People. They did not even know who he was, WHAT he was.

His body sagged down a little bit, dissapointed beyond belief that htese were NOT the Sacred Ones, the Ones who would lead them to the Heavens. But then he brightened a little. They MAY still be able to get these strange creatures to do what they want them to do...

"Hello there. Are you saying that you are NOT the Great Ones? That is rather dissapointing. We have been waiting a rather long time, you see. But no matter. We may still be able to form into a peaceful alliance, benefiting both sides...

We are the Blargbells. We were created, many a thousand of years ago by the Great Sacred Ones, the Creators of this world. Or, I presume so, anyway. They were defiantely the Creators of US. Errr..."

He was rather at a loss of what to do. After such a mad rush to welcome his Creators, he was rather flustered, and all thoughts that he had planned to say to these beings were now gone.

"Umm... Oh! I know. Although I can not offer you anything quite as incredible as this tower you have set down in my humble Empire, and can show you Dreaming. Would you like that? And then after that, we must drink pipe. It is our custom as a race, and if we do not drink soon, I fear that the wrath of the gods may fall upon our heads for not making peace with our new neighbors."

((PS- This is probably my last post for tonight. I suppose I'll see you tommorrow. Around eight o'clock Eastern, I should think. If you already have a reply, please post it, for I would like to read it.  :) ))
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 07:14:42 pm by Blarg »

Offline Snake

• Choplifter Captain
  • Bow down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 07:21:46 pm »
  The Collective considered this for a moment. It assumed that it was best not to crash the Blargbell's entire world, as doing so would impede upon their Free Will. " No, we are not your Sacred Ones. You must know that the Stars are full of life! " The Collective flashed its entire knowledge of species, including non-sentients. It then showed the galaxy, pinpointing precisely where each species originated. The result was innumberable amounts of pinpoints, showing that the galaxy was teeming with life. The Collective flipped through histories of species, stumbling upon the Pranksters which built the Wexxians. " We believe that there may have been one race, uh..., of enough of a joker to make you. This race is one which made the ones who saved us, the Wexxians. "

The Kings' exposure to the Collective for such a long period had begun to make him feel warm, and somewhat content. This was only a taste of Unity. " We realize this is a lot of information to digest, but we can tell no more, for we fear that it would impede upon your free will. We will follow your customs, but we also wish to offer Truth to your people. What you feel now is only a small taste of Unity, and the greatness that it is. However, we do not wish to join you in your 'dreams'. " With that, Zar'Hal removed his finger, cutting the Kings' link to the Collective. Using a device, he said in near perfect Blargbell, " We hope you will come to the Light. Is there more you wish to discuss, for there is much that we offer. You must however, make the choice to accept such, or deny it. " Zar'Hal awaited an answer.

Blarg chicka blarg-blarg

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 11:34:05 am »
The King was swept away in that feeling of Rightness, and he was at complete peace with himself.

"Maybe these things AREN'T so bad after all," the King thought, "Maybe I was just being foolish to be suspicious. Maybe-"

But then the feeling was gone, and the King was no longer in a gentle flow of a stream, but a violent and dangerous flood of emotions. The rush out the door, the eager race to the aliens, the disapointement, the blasphemy of all he knew and believed in being destroyed before his very eye.

His tentacles vibrated agitatedly, making his "voice" slurred. "Nnoo. We havvv no mrrr to dizcusss. I wull leavvv." He then re-mountec, and trotted off in as much a forlorn way that a living cowbell could.

About half his followers went with him, but the other half stayed to see what the creatures would do, to see what these great beings would say to them.

Offline Snake

• Choplifter Captain
  • Bow down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 01:37:33 pm »
" We invite you to join us in our meditations, to experience Collectiveness, Unity, Oneness, and Truth. Do you accept our invitation, and thus initiation, on the one path to Truth, and the Enlightenment? " Zar'Hal asked the remaining Blargbells. If one could be turned to Oneness, then it was not a failure.

Blarg chicka blarg-blarg

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 03:53:02 pm »
They all immediately responded with a hearty "Yes, please show us the way!" (not in those exact words of course, but that is the closest translation availible) and at the same time they bowed as low as they could to show reverance.

((Umm... kinda at a loss as to what to do now. My plan is to skip forward about a month or two to show what has happened in that time, but I'd like some input. I've created a (very successful) RP before, but none like this. Input, advice?))

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 07:01:19 am »
*sigh*

Well, Snake got banned. Again. So everybody ignore this, mmkay? Let's just pretend it happened in an... alternate dimension. Yeah, that's it. >_>

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 07:56:34 am »
((Blarg, you could always say that it happened in the Dreamworld of King Blnnndrrrbss. ;)))