Author Topic: A Beacon in the Dark  (Read 2723 times)

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
A Beacon in the Dark
« on: November 11, 2007, 07:54:20 pm »
((I dont have an OOC thread for this, because im not sure if every RP nneds one... if i do just let me know))

Kyro slowly approached the elevator. The lights flickered on and the gears cranked the Sythic up to the top of a large machine. A clanking could be heard and the elevator door opened. Kyro shuffled out of the small container and nodded to a few of the workers at the top. Uneasily the workers nodded back.

The machine was large and covered in tubes filled with a strange glowing liquid. Gears churned and plasma flowed through the machine.

Kyro climbed up a series of stars and came eye to eye with two other Sythics.

"Criisa, Tyyr, is everything ready?" Asked Kyro, the 7 spiked male.

Criisa responded slowly "Everything is operational Kyro." Criisa was a 6 spiked female that was loved and admired by the people.

"Are you sure you want to do this Kyro? We have lived alone so long, this could be dissatrous." Replied Tyyr, an 11 spiked, large, male Sythic.

"It could also be the greatest thing ever to happen Tyyr." Criisa retorted.

Kyro ended the concern by finally saying, "There is no question Tyyr, we must do it, it is what the people want, and it is what we will do."

Tyyr sighed and said "Yes... but the people can be wrong..."

"Shush you old carcass, we are doing this." Criisa hissed back.

"Start the machine, send the message.. Light the beacon!" Yelled Kyro at last.

A beam of bright green light quickly shot into the air, and a messege was sent to any nearby sentient beings.

// We are the Sythic... //

No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
Re: A Beacon in the Dark
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 08:06:49 pm »
While Kraull and the rest were away, the X-11s were still in full swing.  The ships were coming along quite nicely, and the overall populace seemed content.  In the deserted ship the Epoc had left before going into the Solo, a red alarm went off.  As the alarm grew louder, the ceiling began to cave, and loose matter began to suck to the crack.  It stopped it, but not before ripping wires, and draining the airlock.  The wires whipped around, before hitting into a pit of deserted junk, containing an X-12.

The wire fired off sparks, and the X-12 slowly regained power.  As it charged, its electromagnet tool began to overact, powering into a much stronger form.  Circuits were rerouted, memory was wipped, and the AI altered.

Then, the generators kicked in, and the Droid regained life.  It hovered around, completely aware of its surroundings.  It tapped into the database on the ship, and downloaded all the information the Epoc had stored on the ship.  It slowly began to gain a personality.  As it hovered, it saw a blinking light.  A signal, from a far.  Using the electromagnet and a few tools, he welded a scrap X-11 arm to himself, and by a fluke mutation, wires formed from his leaking mercury, and connected to a fully functional arm.  It tapped in digits, revealing a signal comming from a radio frequency with light tracers that resembled a deep green.

//We are the Sythic...///

The words rolled through the droids head, and on the same frequency, it sent out another message

//We are the Epoc...///

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 08:10:50 pm »
The ansible roared to life aboard the Chion patroller 1239 'Slasher' while the ship floated about lazily, as though bored. In all actuality, the ship itself was bored, as were its crew. They had been on patrol for eight days...

But finally, some excitement... The ansible, an all purpose communication device that picked up messages instantly, cried out, //We are the Syntic...//

"Unknown Sender -- Class 5 Anomaly," growled the ship, also excited. "This could be it!" The excited AI then helpfully indicated a direction.

At the captain's order, the Slasher sped away toward the source of the signal...
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 08:28:21 pm »
"The Epoc..?" Reitterated Tyyr. He was suprised a response had come so soon.

"Thats what I heard..." Kyro replied.

"What should we send back Kyro? Should we invite them here or...?" Criisa said excitedly, she didnt want there to be an or, she wanted to meet these Epoc.

"Indeed, invite them to meet with us at this very monument." Kyro said sternly, "Alert the elders and the people that we have made contact and are planning to meet a race known as the Epoc Criisa."

"As fast as i can!" Criisa replied while rushing through the large beacon and at last the sound of the elevator door closing could be heard.

"Are you sure about this Kyro? We know nothing of this race... nothing.." Tyyr responded solemly.

"That is no matter, Tyyr you are still here to protect me if something were to go wrong, and with the Elders aware of the situation this should go smoothly." Kyro said.

Tyyr only sighed and went back to working the beacon. A whizzing and cranking was heard, and electricty sparkled and crackled thought the machine as another green beam was shot out, carrying the messege

//Epoc, we wish to meet you here, at this beacon.//

(well im turning in for the night)
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 08:34:34 pm »
"Another beacon has been detected... It's just as was foretold! For there would-"

"I know my scripture," shouted the captain to the AI, about to burst. Positive emotions go a long way for the Chion.

"Shall I send the reply?"

"Of course!"

//We are your sons, and you are our father! We live by your teachings and have prospered! We overcame your challenges and became stronger! Now, do you welcome us?//

{{Essentially, they think they just found God... What a letdown this will be! ;)}}
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 09:03:49 pm »
//I'm not the Epoc, but okey dokey!//

The X-12 jammed some buttons on the ship, and it very shakily ripped through space.  Not before ripping off more of the hull though.  After fixing onto the coordinates.  When it entered into the space, the droid sent off another message.

//The Epoc are off doing something fun, but I heard you, so I came to see what kind of party is going on.  I love parties, they are fun, and they have cake.  I love cake, and pastries.  Donuts are good too.  So are cheeseburgers, with... Oh ya right, my name is Timowoopalooongwaeuplangoshagodingowagofwap, but you can call me Tim!  I think the Epoc built me sometime ago, I'm an X-12 robot thingy.  Anyways, I've got a picture of the Epoc guys if you wanna look.//

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 07:09:49 am »
Kyro looked at Tyyr in confusion. Never have the Sythic been so confused about what was going on. The machine was cranking and crackling as the two messeges played through.

"X-12? Sons? What is this Kyro? Some sort of joke you play on me?" Scorned Tyyr.

"No no, i have heard exactly what you have and am just as confused. X - 12 seems a little crazy if you ask me, but it is no matter we have invited him anyway." Kyro replied, "Now, as for this other transmission, i know not what they mean, perhaps we should call them down to straighten things out hm?"

"Hrm.... Very well Kyro, X-12 will come.. however i dont think he will like the fact that this is no 'party'. For the others i will send the messege asking them to meet us as well." Tyyr answered obidiently.

The beacon cranked and sparked. The workers scrambled furiously to keep the machine in working order, they cooled it off, turned the valves, and poured the fluid. Finally, the machine shot another light. Tyyr could only sigh as he watched the light fly into space carrying the messege,

//The Sythic welcome all to this beacon.//

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 01:24:10 pm »
Tim wandered aimlessly aboard the ship as it hurled through space towards the beacon.  As it reached its destination, Tim ejected himself from the ship, watching it slowly corrode away.  He stared at the bright green beam and slowly descended down to its origin.

"Ooooh, pretty green bulby thing.  I like lights, they remind me of parties... with donut, donuts taste pretty good.  I wonder why cats have allergies.  Its cute when they sneeze, wonder if.. oh boy Im here!"

As he found where the Sythic were sending out the beacon, he peeked himself in.

"Hello?  I'm Tim?  From the party with the Epocs?  Can I have a moment talk now with yes you thanks please?"