Author Topic: The Inhuman Achievement  (Read 16177 times)

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
The Inhuman Achievement
« on: November 05, 2007, 02:18:11 pm »
Front Page Updated.

I always find it amazing that no matter how hard developer makes a video game that someone, somewhere will manage to accomplish the impossible. Whether its finishing Blast Corps or finishing the last level of Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! with a perfect score I am always continuously amazed at the level of human accomplishment when it comes to video games.

The latest inhuman achievement to appear in a video game is finishing the attempting to play “Through the Fire and Flames” by Dragonforce, which is unlocked once you complete Guitar Hero 3. It’s no shocker that this is the hardest song ever put in a Guitar Hero game but after seeing this song in action one has to wonder ... what were they thinking? I've seen impossible video game tasks before but this just seems, I don't know, beyond impossible. The song is over eight minutes long and you have to play so fast that your guitar sounds like its producing a steady stream of machine gun fire. But yet someone has managed to finish this song on Expert level.

Not so many people pay attention to the comments. Thought I'd bring up a discussion.

I've heard of many instances like this that seem near impossible to do. Such as Halo Legendary with no deaths. Beating a Side-Scrolling Metroid game without taking damage (i've only been able to do this on Zero Mission, with dozens of attempts). Anyone got any more examples for us to try out?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: The Inhuman Achievement
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 02:22:11 pm »
Near impossible things? All I can think of is speed runs, here is a link to Speed Demos Archive, I've been going there for years and they always add new and amazing stuff.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 02:47:49 pm »
Ocarina of Time in 2 hours 27 minutes? Majora in 3 hours 37 minutes? That's insane.

Super Mario 64 in less then 20 minutes is pretty insane.

Sadly, most speed runs come from using glitches and bugs. Not really a fan of them. Can't really compare to others how fast you can beat a game when near all of them just glitch it out.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 03:00:30 pm »
Well, I can't deny that they use glitches and whatnot but I think you need to understand the time an effort put into finding these glitches. You should hear the accounts of people who spent days and days learning the ins and outs of Metroid Prime, it's truly amazing what they are able to do.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 03:20:00 pm »
Well, I can understand the hardships of finding glitches.

When I used to be glued to World of Warcraft, I'd spend hours finding my own glitches into places I was never intended to go.

To be a nerd, I found 3 ways on top of ironforge. One has, since, been removed due to wall walking glitch fixed. One requiring engineering slow fall cloak. (I'm a warlock. So don't have my own slow fall spell), then a couple different things from the top of ironforge, including the silithus cave (Weird cave on top that when you enter, your in the silithus zone chat, which is suppose to be on the other continent), and the mountain village.

2 ways into Hyjal. Both requiring 2 other people.

Under orgrimmar. Stormwind Walls. Undercity roofs. Karazahn Roof.

Of course, then painstaking hours perfecting the Jump from Hyjal to the ocean past Darkshore. That's jumping over an entire zone. Had to use a special new years drink that allowed slow fall for 2 minutes. You need 3 of them to complete the jump.

Sorry for all the Warcraft Lingo. Some past players will know how difficult some of these are to find alone.

Anyone got any other achievements besides speed runs?

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 05:15:49 pm »
Does finishing that Beaver Bother mini game in DK 64 count?

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 05:25:32 pm »
On the same lines as your locations in WoW, I fugured out ways to get passed certain barriers on Kashyyyk in SWG that allowed me to have free reign behind the scenes of the planet where the devs never meant for player to go.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 11:45:11 am »
Wow. Cool achievements.

The only one I remember is the guy who completed the Morrowind Main quest really, really quickly.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 06:37:02 pm »
I heard of someone who took it on themselves to go on a quest to cause every single NPC in the Morrowind universe to want to kill him.

It only took one weapon slash or taunt, but finding all of the NPCs is a feat in itself.
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 10:26:52 am »
I heard of someone who took it on themselves to go on a quest to cause every single NPC in the Morrowind universe to want to kill him.

It only took one weapon slash or taunt, but finding all of the NPCs is a feat in itself.

Did they all chase him at once?
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 11:02:46 am »
the guy who completes the main quest of morrowind in 7 minutes is pretty amazing too...

or the guy who beat super mario bros. 3 in 8 minutes or something

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 03:48:20 pm »

Did they all chase him at once?

He couldn't enter a city without everyone rushing after him, weapons drawn.  It was hilarious.
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 12:39:40 pm »
could you try to find a link?  ;D

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007, 09:56:36 pm »
Sorry if you guys are talking about something else, but that video was EPIC.

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2007, 08:52:17 am »
I went on a quest to kill all killable NPCs in Oblivion, but I only managed to clean up Bruma, then it got boring. lol.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.