Author Topic: Anyone ever seen sliders?  (Read 6840 times)

Offline LoreAlmighty

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone ever seen sliders?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2006, 01:44:33 pm »
I thought I argued against the censoring of cussing.......

Offline Kid Dogg

• Mystery House Madman
  • Classical Trained
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2006, 01:47:03 pm »
Gee i get the feel you don't like sliders not sure whats making me think that ;).

I like the first two seasons of sliders but then i didn't watch it not becuses of any reason i just went off it.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2006, 01:55:13 pm »
Well I'm biased against....? What am I biased against when it comes to Sliders? Do yo think I have a grudge against the actors or writers or something? It's just a very very awful show. And yes, Batman movies are terrible.

Unbiased meaning you seem to insult/dislike everything.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline LoreAlmighty

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2006, 02:25:17 pm »
I guess if you put it that way..then yeah, I do hate most everything.  Is that a bad thing though?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2006, 04:19:55 pm »
I would say yes. You still havent said why you hate sliders so much. Did someone from an alternate reality kill your beloved childhood pet?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline LoreAlmighty

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2006, 02:23:02 am »
Well let's see.  I must say the concept is pretty good, but it just didn't make a great show.  The characters were obxnious and annoying, such as Rembrant Brown?  (Wait...like James Brown?) First of all, the first two seasons didn't seem to have a connected plot, just them going from one world to another and seeing what the social norms and taboos are in the universe they're in.  They change that by the third season, FOR THE WORST!  The third seasons episodes are nothing but cheesy knock offs of popular sci fi and fantasy stories.  Those stupid villians the what were they called, Kromagg?  I remember someone saying they were evil cause they were evolved apes....well, I thought that's what we were...but they look, sound, and act stupid.  I could barely watch into the 4th season, but I was unlucky enough to watch the last episode which didn't even have a real ending....what the hell?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2006, 02:23:35 pm »
I really dont see why it NEEDED a plot that spanned the first two seasons. Most (sci-fi esepecially) shows only develop continuous story arcs a few seasons in. See SG-1, Enterprise and so forth.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2006, 05:39:05 am »
Yes, yes I have.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2006, 06:37:49 am »
i loved sliders, it was my favourite show back in the day.  All four original characters together was when it was the best.  The idea behind the show was a great concept too.  After season 3, it started to change.  I liked the first 2 seasons the best.  All the different worlds and possibilities.  I remember the movie about it that actually spawned the series, which i enjoyed the most.  The Earth with the "Swarm" of giant insects, Earth that had a global warming and San Fran was flooded, earth where the san fran was covered in ice (a polar shift)...Earth where the Egyptians ruled, Earth where women were dominant over men (in jobs and such, the men stayed home)..The earth where there was a virus epidemic..i could go on and on.....i loved it...
Under construction

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2006, 09:44:17 pm »
I loved the show I missed the end because the last season was shown at like 2 in the morning down here and i figured stuff that. I loved the early stuff but kind of lost interest a little after they lost quin but thats also when they stopped showing it at a decent timeslot.

Offline Winnuting

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2006, 03:06:26 pm »
I loved it! I still watch repeats when they are on. I forgot about the show for a few years but when I saw a repeat it brought back so many memories. Still I havn't been able to see the episode which I can remember from all those years ago. The one where the sliders end up on the world where all sport is banned and they have to fight other teams to get to the end and win the game. That was my fav episode and I havnt seen it since I was like 10. :(