Author Topic: Anyone ever seen sliders?  (Read 6925 times)

Offline sgore

• Questron Serf
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
Anyone ever seen sliders?
« on: August 20, 2005, 07:46:23 pm »
I liked the show (The concept even better) but it only laster 5 years. When it was orignally on i watched it with my dad. i didn't really get too much of it back then but i always liked the part where they jumped into the wormhole thing...When sci-fi reaired it i really got into it. Though I'm still upset that after 5 years they could only keep one orignal cast member...I also didn't like the kromags. I mean for one or two episodes they could have universes with aliens visiting earth, but after a while the whole series seemed to become totally focused on fighting them and not about the orignal concept of mutiple universes with infinite possibilities.

Also if you think about it, the only way they could truly get home would be if they could somehow backtrack their slides to their world. because even if they get to a world that seems almost exactly like their home world, there could be even the smallest diffrence in the past that would mean it wasn't their world... (let's say 10 years before they  started "sliding" bob, who lives on the other side of the country, buys a porshe with a leather interior. In another world it could have been a faux leather interior.  they would be two seprate worlds but nobody would know the diffrence and their families and friends from their orignal world would still be waiting for them, but they wouldn't know...someone should have realized that...

I'm a little upset that you haven't seen any other shows that center around the theroy of multiple universes...(a lot center around time travil but none around multiple universes.) It's a very intresting concept...

p.s. in the arturo vs. arturo. thing, who do you think they took? (i think they took the wrong one...)

What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline IscariotJ

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone ever seen sliders?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 04:26:39 am »
Sliders was brilliant.  My wife is hooked after sitting through the DVD of season 1 and 2.  Roll on the release of season 3!

Offline Cosmo

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 05:25:44 am »
I'm currently in the process of re-watching all of them. Two to go till the end of season two. Havent even gotten to the Kromags yet!

I never liked the proffessor much untill now I'm rewatching them.

You blistering idiot...

Twiggs

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 04:33:10 pm »
It was awesome.  Me and father would watch them.  It sucked when they started getting rid of the cast members, especially Q-ball or Queball or whatever.

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 05:41:53 pm »
Sliders was awsome, i think the last season sucked: should have kept the main charactors
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 10:54:04 am »
I used to watch that show all the time. Sort of a lightweight version of Stargrate: SG-1. Great show concept and good fun.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 12:39:42 pm »
yeah I use watch Sliders, I only started to get into it near the end of the series though.

LordFenix

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 04:25:32 am »
Sliders was great, though toward the end i completely lost track of it and so when id see it i had no idea what was going on, i don't think british TV ever got to the end, it all sort of fizzled out.

As for SG1... I curse the day it came into being and ended up being used as an excuse to cancel its superior counterpart Farscape... curse you Sci Fi channel, may you suffer a plague of frogs and first born children and that kind of thing.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 08:45:52 pm »
Sliders was great, though toward the end i completely lost track of it and so when id see it i had no idea what was going on, i don't think british TV ever got to the end, it all sort of fizzled out.

As for SG1... I curse the day it came into being and ended up being used as an excuse to cancel its superior counterpart Farscape... curse you Sci Fi channel, may you suffer a plague of frogs and first born children and that kind of thing.

Suffer a plague of first-born children? Oh, the horror...  ;D I happen to be a second born child.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 01:31:59 am »

I'm pretty sure its jumped the shark. They killed off the main villains, got rid of two main characters and replaced one of them with someone whose identical but inferior. All at the end of one season and at the start of the next.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 06:19:48 pm »
Used to love sliders they ocassionally show 2 of the seasons here on TV1 every so often its like 2nd and 3rd season or something. well the last episode they show is Wade's last episode. I used to argue with my friend that the professor may not be dead seeing how in the universe with the blue golden gate bridge and the professor double may have been the one they took with them therefore the double got shot and the real one is left in that universe.

Interestingly enough after a character leaves the series you never see there doubles again. Although you do see Quin's twin brother in that early episode where they are in the Droid universe playing a cop.

I did kind of get lost on it once Quin left and they had "Malory" instead but then again around that point the channel it was chown on here just dumped it to like after 1 in the morning i wasn't stay up that late and didn't feel like taping it.

Offline LoreAlmighty

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2006, 06:10:43 am »
Sliders is the worst show EVER, EVER!!!!

Offline sgore

• Questron Serf
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2006, 08:22:38 am »
um, that's one random opinion with absolutly nothing else posted to back it up, but let's see another!
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2006, 12:33:02 pm »
Sliders is the worst show EVER, EVER!!!!

Yeah, aren't you the guy who said the same thing about Batman Begins? And had the problem with cussing? And called lots of people idiots or something? So, uh, I honestly don't feel like your opinion is very unbiased.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline LoreAlmighty

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2006, 01:42:10 pm »
Well I'm biased against....?  What am I biased against when it comes to Sliders?  Do yo think I have a grudge against the actors or writers or something?  It's just a very very awful show.  And yes, Batman movies are terrible.