Author Topic: 30 Days of Night  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
30 Days of Night
« on: November 04, 2007, 01:12:12 am »
I saw this last night with a few friends.

Basically, a little town in Alaska is cut off from the world for 30 days of each year and is in darkness for the whole time. Of course this time, something bad happens.

It was a predictable film (I saw a machine in the first 5 minutes of film and stated that a  bad guy would be pushed into it) but it was done really well, with innovative action shots and masterly build up of tensions.

Whilst me and my somewhat astute spotted a few plot holes, it was a very sound film. Violent and a touch racy, and artfully doing an ugly thing. Scary? Perhaps, but more of a jumpy film.

Go see it.

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Night
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 04:36:08 pm »
Just saw this today. Best a rental rather than wasting your time in the theater. If you are one to pay close attention to plot points and details, you'll be unhappy. Might become a target for continuity issues as well. Plot i a neat premis to it, but the whole thing felt disjointed and more or less predictable. If there is a directors cut/full-length DVD I might watch it again, it had the feel of being chopped for time.

-Lego
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 08:23:44 pm by Legodragonxp »

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Night
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 01:00:34 am »
I agree.

There was that kid who just happened to survive until the end, without being at all trapped, hunted ot used as bait, simply to further the plot..
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.