Author Topic: The Gacuun are here.....  (Read 4874 times)

Offline Athalis

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • Here come the Gacuun...
    • View Profile
    • The Revenging Angels
The Gacuun are here.....
« on: November 03, 2007, 05:30:21 pm »
//................Mayday Mayday!
....................This is the third bat.......of the Sfafs regiment................
...............We are in need of urgent assistance.....................
...................Is anyone out there?..................
........................We are............location unkow.................radar unopera.............
............Visuals suggest............... and three suns.............
...................Can anyone hear us?.................
...............................Please reply! In need of urgent assis..............
.......................killed all but...............need help!..........
...................Please!! Oh God!! Nuun?....................hear him screami..................
..............Help us!....................//

Basic Info:
Anyone can join this, no need to PM
Basic idea is that a somewhat broken transmission is drifting through space, and any ships that pick it up (i.e. people who want to join) please respond

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
    • View Profile
Re: The Gacuun are here.....
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 05:40:07 pm »
A Barroc hunting party were zooming around, cloaked. They were looking for a target. Radars scanning for any kind of clue...

''Sir, we have a faint signal.''

Ernuo frowned. ''What is it? Kraitair? Urshan?''

''No, sir.'' the radio shouted ''its alien, unlike what I've seen before.''

''Go towards it.'' Ernuo yelled.

The group of Swarmers darted across space untill they found the ship.

//Attention. Attention. We are Barroc, which species are you? What class are you? What are you transporting?//

Offline Athalis

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
    • The Revenging Angels
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 06:06:10 pm »
The small ship drifted lifelessly (sp?) through space, crude headlamps flickering on and off. From close range, the name 'Sfafs' could be seen printed on the side of the vessel. A blood splatter was across the side of the ship. It had obviously been there a while.

//Hello?//

The transmission was barely more than a whisper, and the voice was most definitely birdlike.

//This is Cpt. Jyyj Shyhs of the third battalion- Me and the rest of the crew are in charge of this ship, but I'm...... I-I'm the only one left. We are the Gacuun, we hail from a planet called Tak'yar Nuulan. This is an armoured personnel transport, but equipment has been so short we've been doubling as a cargo ship. We set off from Dunseii- sorry, it's a moon that orbits out planet. We've been patrolling it trying, trying to establish a foothold against....... them.//

Jyyj spoke in a hurried whisper, clearly desperate.

//I need help- please! They...... They killed everyone..... We set off from Dunseii almost 8 months ago. We ran out of fuel 2 months ago, and have been drifting ever since.....//

A high-pitched shrieking noise could be heard in the transmission.

//Did you hear that? It's searching for me...... You've got to get me off this ship- please!!//

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 06:14:15 pm »
Ernuo frowned. He knew there were some strange animals in these unexplored territories.

''Create a hole in the interior.'' he said.

One of Swarmers flew towards what looked like the command bridge, cutting a hole with a massive drill from the underside.

A Third walked out of the Swarmer, it sniffed the air. There were definatly traces of blood.

''Hello?'' a Barroc yelled.

''We are here to save you.'' he said.

Silence...

Offline Athalis

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
    • The Revenging Angels
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 06:36:03 pm »
"Hello?" A faint voice cried from somewhere inside the command deck.

"You are here.... you came...."

A small Gacuun walked forwards into the light, his usually bright amour covered in dust and blood. He stumbled forwards, falling to his knees as he lifted his head.

"I am Jyyj."

He raised his head as best he could, and squinted in the light. It was clear he had been living in darkness for months. He outstretched a hand to his saviours, but withdrew it quickly as he saw their long claws and shark-like teeth. He fell backwards, beak open in horror as he truly saw these things before him.

"Xeela save me! Are-are you going to k-kill me?"

He reached for his pistol, bringing it up slowly as his eye stalks withdrew into his head, allowing him better aim. He took a long deep breath

"I do not fear death....."

He pulled the trigger, sending 6 bullets into the hairy beast that was lurking behind these newcomers. It roared in anger, flying fowards on its massive forearms, knocking the Barroc aside and heading straight for Jyyj....

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 06:50:39 pm »
''We're not going t-AHH!'' one of the soldiers yelled as he was smacked to the ground.

The Third Shrieked as he jumped in between Jyyj and the massive thing. A sumowrestle began between these massive beast, none of them being strong enough to push the other one away.

The three Barroc soldiers got back on their feet again.

''Kill it! KILL IT WITH FIRE!'' one of them yelled as he grabbed an elaborate flamethrower and started to fire against the hairy creatures back.

''Grab the little one!'' one of the soldiers yelled to the other.

The other one nodded. He rushed behind the two titans, hoping he wouldn't get trampled, snatched Jyyj and jumped back into the Swarmer again. The second soldier followed him.

The third soldier still fired at the back of the creature, clearly having not effect. Suddenly, the massive hairy creature grabbed the Third and slammed it against the hatch of the Swarmer, crushing the pyrotechnic in between.

The hatch closed as the Swarmer flew away.

((Thats me for tonight, see you tomorrow))
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 06:56:57 pm by Dr. Croccer »

Offline Athalis

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
    • The Revenging Angels
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 07:17:29 pm »
((Cool thanks a lot mate))

The door slammed shut, sealing the huge beast in the abandoned ship.

"Quickly! Get as far away as possible!"

Jyyj pulled a small metal square from his armour, and opened it, revealing an array of flashing lights and switches. He quickly entered an elaborate combination, and held his breath. He ran to a porthole and watched the ship closely. A tiny flare sparked on one corner of the ship, and then on the tip of the wing, then the main command deck.

"Good riddance...."

Jyyj watched as the ship got smaller and smaller and smaller until......

The ship exploded in a flash of blue light, but it was still eerily silent.

"It is done."

Jyyj sank to the floor, shrewdly holding down a small green button on his metal panel, before slipping it back into his suit. He watched the two remaining soldiers stare at him viciously. Jyyj slowly closed both his eyes, retracting them into his head, and counting backwards under his breath.

"Did, Muum, Fasaf, Shohs, Rer...."

He stopped. He extended one eye stalk and opened it. Nothing happened. He extended both stalks and looked up at the soldier in front of him.

"Oh dear..."

At that moment, a loud explosion echoed through the ship. He could tell from the various sounds that a lot of things had either been destroyed or disabled. A loud voice came over the loudspeaker above.

//This is General Huuh Mogom of the Second Ship Sfarafs, and you are holding one of our officers. Surrender now, or face destruction. You are surrounded.//

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 03:16:48 am »
The group of Swarmers was confused. The two soldiers as well. Suddenly one of them looked back to Jyyj, his face clearly angered.

''You little ungrateful sod! We wasted 2 soldiers on you, and this is how you repay us?!'' he yelled while rising one of his claws.

''NO!'' the other one yelled, grabbing his claw ''This is a political prisoner. If we kill them they'll attack us.''

It was silent for a while, suddenly the crackling of an old radio was heard. ''Ernuo here, have you been getting the same message that have gotten? What did you do?''

''We found a little creature, its a new species. We fought against some kind of spacebug.'' the second soldier replied.

''Alright,'' the radio said with a background of crackling ''We do what they want, we have an elite force right now and I can contact Kuluch Narch to send me an army. Move towards them.''

//We are Barroc. Friendly species-we mean your race no harm. We shall deliver Jyyj.//

The five Swarmers flew towards the Gacuun Warship, one unloading after the other.

Offline Athalis

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
    • The Revenging Angels
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 04:58:40 am »
Aboard the second ship Sfarafs, General Huuh Mogom was pacing up and down frantically.

"Our first interstellar contact and it's ended up like this! We need to get them on board- who knows who is listening in to our transmissions......... It's the only way- we have to get them on board. Hail them again."

"They are approaching General. Scanners indicate.... Jyyj is there."

"Good good- prepare the docking bay for them."
The dar he had been talking to started to press buttons frantically, trying to clear the Barroc an area.

"And Kiik?"

"Yes General?"

"Make sure there's a welcome party down there for them. We have no idea what these-these things are like...."

Kiik looked hesitantly at the General, but then turned back sharply and pressed the intercom.

//All security members down to Dockport 4- expect resistance- do not open fire until General Mogom gives the order- I repeat, do not open fire until given the order//

General Mogom turned slowly, and walked across to the express shuttle, his long cloak battered and torn, sweeping behind him.

He arrived down at Dockport 4 to see 60 armed personnel waiting for him.

"At ease fellas. Now I don't want this to turn into a bloodbath. We need these creatures. They are our only hope of crushing the Nikin. But.... if the shooting starts, I want to make sure we come out on top....."

The vast doors suddenly began to whir and creak, and a thin beam of light shone through a tiny crack.

"Steady...... this is it............"

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 05:52:08 am »
Ernuo appeared as a silhoutte in the light of the Swarmer. As he stepped into the ship he became gruadually more visible. He had a Faceless mask, crystal armour (very dusty, especcially in comparison with the shiny armour of the Gacuun) and 1 skull on each shoulder. His clawed feet made ticking sounds on the metal hallground as he walked further. Behind him came 6-8 soldiers and eventually Jyyj in front of a massive Third, who had to walk hunched forward because of his size.

Offline Athalis

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
    • The Revenging Angels
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 03:42:44 pm »
"Greetings. I am General Huuh Mogom. I apologise for the circumstances, but we need help."

He stepped forward, barely matching up to the Barroc's height.

"Thank you for rescuing our comrade. It is greatly appreciated. We would have explained to you the full gravity of the situation, but I'm afraid all transmissions are recorded, and as this ship is technically, ahem, stolen..." He looked around quickly, before continuing;
"We needed to get you here any way we could. Please. Follow me."

The General stared at the figure before him, waiting for any signs of movement. He didn't move.

"Now, listen."
The General stepped closer to the Barroc, staring up at him, and speaking in a very low and quiet voice.

"You have done us a great honour today, and it shall not be forgotten. I recognise that you are clearly hardy fighters, and that will be respected. But this is, first and foremost, my ship. Should you take any action that compromises myself, my crew, or my ship's safety, I will not hesitate to take any actions necessary to protect them."

He leaned even closer.
"Furthermore, I am in charge here. Understood?"

Neither figure moved. Every figure in the Dockport stood motionless watching them.
"Now please. Follow."

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 06:53:07 am »
Ernuo frowned at the Gacuun who was talking to him as if he was a emotional 3 year-old child.

He made a forced bow and than said a few words:'' We will follow Gaccun. But before all that I have one question: What was that thing that attacked the little Gacuun we found? I've seen space bugs before but they rarely grow beyond my size and are rarely mammalian.''

Offline Athalis

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
    • The Revenging Angels
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 02:26:37 pm »
The General smiled warily at the Barroc.

"You are a shrewd race. Very well. I shall tell you."

The General turned and gestured him to follow.

"That thing that attacked your men is known as the Zeqez- the race of death, I believe would be the translation. It was first discovered on one of the moons orbiting our planet, and has ripped many of our finest platoons to shreds."

The General stopped next to a great glass window overlooking a mess hall.

"The ship Sfafs was on a routine transport mission to another moon in the area. It was carrying munitions and fuel supplies. Due to the orbits of the two moons, the ship had been forced to orbit the planet until the moon became close enough."

"However, three months in it became apparent that something had gone wrong. The ship was slowly altering its course, and eventually it left the area all together. Our space travel is not all that sophisticated, and as such it has taken us 4 months to get here."

"The Zeqez monster must have been lying dormant in the cargo hold, and somehow been awoken by the crew. 11 men it killed...."

"Thank you so much for helping us in this situation. However, we have an ulterior motive...."

The General turned to face the Barroc.

"Back on our planet, things are... well, they are in chaos. The world has been 'saved' by the Nikin- uh sorry, a high-class democratic state. They overwhelmed our own forces and whilst things have been relatively peaceful for the rest of the world deemed 'democratic' by the Tak'yar Cadac Council, us more left-wing countries have been treated like slaves. Our own leader, Nuun Masam, was executed on international television, and our entire populace is treated like slaves. We cannot do anything about it, as the military is in their control.'

'However, small groups of us have defected- secretly of course- and are running a rebellion in secret. I am one of the most high-ranking members of the Nikin armed forces, but I am also a member of the rebellion. We are known as the Bradarb. This is why i had to tell you this face to face, dar to- um... well..."

"To put it simply, we need your help. We need the militant forces that your race control to help us bring about an end to tyranny on your planet. It won't be easy. That's why we would be gratreful if you could use any allies you have to help us. I assume there are other intergalactic races other than yourselves? You are, in fact, our first 'alien' encounter."

The General paused, taking in the moment.

"It is a momentous occassion."

He breathed a heavy sigh, looking back once more through the glass.

"We need your help. Will you pledge your alleigance to our cause, and convince any allies you have to do the same? What say you?"

((If anyone else wishes to join in, now would be the time  ;) ))

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 08:49:20 am »
''We shall help you. I think I'll be able to steal 5000.000 men away from the Counsel, at least.''

''Though, I must ask. Do you have any knid of information on the Zesqes and the Nikin?''

Offline Athalis

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
    • The Revenging Angels
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 10:44:29 am »
"This is indeed great news! Great thanks my friend!"

"And as for your question, we do have some information, but not enough. As far as the Zeqez are concerned, we only have reports from soldiers that have encountered them first hand. Here,"

The General took a small metal block from inside his jacket and gave it the Barroc.

"Watch this."

A small figure rose from the block, projected in a faint purple light. The figure was clearly a wounded soldier, his arm in a sling, telling his story.

//
“It was taller than three dar , and yet screamed like a Hadar. It was covered in hair, much like the Opo, and striped in colouration with blue and green. It had four luul (arms), with two of them huge and… used to support its massive body, with the other two clearly used to hold… a weapon of some sort.
They destroyed Alpha 436 squad and… ripped them piece from piece. Never have I seen such carnage. Some of them took my comrades and stole them away into the darkness of the jungle. We tried to stop them, but mere bullets did nothing. They flung us aside like dolls, and when we came to they were gone. We camped in the tree-tops that night, and listened to the screams of the men echo through the still night, as the distant light from Vantas I proved little comfort. Four of my troop killed themselves that night, lest they face such pain.
We moved non-stop through the morning mist back to Ilonunoli (H.Q.), where our six highest ranking officers were sentenced to death for abandoning their post, and the rest of us- 20 soldiers by now- were imprisoned. We managed to escape, stole a cargo ship and defected, seeking refuge on Vantas I (8.).”
//

"There you have it."

He stood silent for a single moment, breathless with contempt. He quickly snapped out of it and took back the metal block.

"As for the Nikin.... well, that's a long story. I represent the country of Totot, and we have shared a border with Lobol for longer than anyone can remember- even as small tribes, we were always at war.'

'After many millenia of sporadic fighting, the Tak'yar Cadac Council was formed, to govern our planet. Both us and Lobol- along with two other- had permanent seats. During our 'reign' we recieved a transmission from an early model space craft we believed to have been destroyed. In this transmission there contained a recording of a tablet that documented the lanuage, cultures, and histories of thousands of species. We believed this to be absolute proof of intelligent extra-terrestrial life, and in secret, we turned all this information into a book for the masses. The entire world, in fact'

'Upon it's release, there was outrage. Cities were burned to the ground, millions slaughtered- mostly by religious groups who claimed it to be heresy. As such, the only choice was military action. However, as the TCC's militant force was made up of mostly Lobol troops, they had undying loyalty to the Nikin. So once order had been restored, those backstabbers thought it the ideal time to, in their words, 'Save the world from the undemocratic forces that have long plagued our nations.' In short, take over in the name of Lobol and all it's allies."

'We were crushed, turned into slaves. The democratic nations- that, of course, had given their word of loyalty to Lobol- were allowed free reign over their countries."

The General spat.

"Filfthy Opo scum! I apologise. Nevertheless, we are slaves, and we need outside help to rid Tak'yar of these villains."