Author Topic: The Epoc  (Read 23290 times)

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
The Epoc
« on: October 28, 2007, 07:19:47 pm »

~Drawn by Flisch

Name: The Epoc (Ee-Pock)
Home Planet: Capital
Classification: Large, Social Aves
Normal Lifespan: 80-90 Years (Females); 90-100 Years (Males)
Diet: Carnivorous; Ovivorous; Omnivorous (Rarely)
Height: 6-8 Feet Tall (Females); 8-10 Feet Tall (Males)
Length: 10-12 Feet Long (Females); 12-14 Feet Long (Males)
Weight: 350-400 Lbs (Females); 400-450 Lbs (Males)
Armor: Thick Skin, Layered in Feathers
Eyesight: Extremelly Good
Intelligence: Extremelly High
Form of Reproduction: Sexual
Reproductive Rate:  Reach Sexual Maturity at Age 20; Reproduces 2-4 Times In Life
Gestation: 6 Months
Offspring Incubation: 6 Months
Number of Offspring: 1-3
Anatomy: 274 Bones, 700 Muscles, Standard Bodily Systems, Four Lungs (Allows Over 10 Breathable/Survivable Gases)
Population: 5,000,000,000 Epoc

CAS Classification
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 09:04:48 am by Infernal »

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 04:58:50 pm by Infernal »

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
Re: The Epoc
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 07:36:43 pm »

~This map shows the distribution of cities throughout Capital.  The yellow city is their Capital, Acropolis.  The blue cities are the distribution of Industrialized, major cities of commerce, activity, and trade.  Red cities are where drilling, mining, and augmenting of metals occur.  Purple cities are places of drilling, but also of major scientific research and technological investments.  Green cities are major places of agriculture, hunting, or ranching.  Orange cities are small towns of a multitude of purposes.

---

~This map shows the distribution of resources and activity throughout Capital.  The various main, but not necessarily sole, purposes of the land and people.

---

~This map details the odd timezones the Epoc standardized.  Each timezone is spaced approximately 1000 miles apart, and the equivalent of a difference of 2 Earth Hours.  Zones are seperated by the Median Line, which runs through the point where the annual storm occurs.  The Epoc do not judge time as humans do, rather the distance in time they are from the Median (The Date Line is between +5 and -5). Their system runs on the standard amount of daylight and nightime (which occurs for "5" Capital Hours or "10" Earth Hours), Labeled to the equivalent of how many of day or night they have so far been in (Night +1, Night +2, Night +3.5... etc).

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 09:17:28 pm »
Nice maps Infernal, where did you make them? :)

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 02:32:35 am »
Intelligent Tough Fierce and Greedy? That’s got to be interesting :)

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 02:55:54 am »
Nice, it looks kinda like the missing link between a Kraitair and birds.

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 04:04:07 am »
1. Photoshop
2. Yes, and their social aspects are very interesting because of so
3. Everybody told me the same thing, that it looked like a Kraitair only more feathery XD

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 06:34:59 am »
1. Photoshop
I wish I had Photoshop. :)
But since I don't have one, I'm currently using M$ Powerpoint for all of my pics. :)

When I find some time, I'm gonna try and practice Bryce5.5. ;)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 08:57:17 am »
Yay, I look forward to seeing more from the Epocs.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 12:08:43 pm »
Nice, I voted technology because I wonder what kind of things creatures with physique like this would devise (remember that all technology is mostly designed keeping its user in mind, in limitations and abilities, etc)

Transportation would be nice.

Working on a better visualization right now.

Personal art galleries:

Offline KingAcer

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 12:11:55 pm »
I like it  :D

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 01:56:19 pm »
thanks everyone!  I actually already have religion typed up, so Ill just throw that out there while Im working on technology.  I might post personality as well, so you get an idea of who they are.

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 03:31:28 pm »
Personality

Epocs have a very diverse, very unique personality.  However, for the most part, Epocs can be easily described.  The Epoc are a greedy, self centered, and manipulative race that has no intent on slowing for anyone.  They love their wealth, and use it to display their elaborate desires and fantasies.  They use their skills to their advantage, exploiting every other race they encounter for resources and financial gain.

Besides being economically minded, Epocs are extremely fierce, and even violent at points.  While they are generally peaceful with other Epocs, they hold nothing back against other races.  They will betray trust, mindlessly slaughter, and use their brute force to annihilate anyone who opposes them.  Remember, they are only concerned about commercial gain.  However, many Devout Epocs are pacifistic, not willing to harm others.  This is not looked down upon, but rather respected as an overcoming of natural processes.

There are two concepts that disgust the Epoc more than anything else.  Any race that enslaves another race to do their own work is viewed as revolting, lazy, and the scum of the galaxy.  The only exception to slavery is the use of Androids to carry out work.  However, the cardinal sin of the Epoc society is theft.  Thieves and crooks are viewed as the worst of society, taking away the wealth of others, and it is not uncommon for thieves to be executed or imprisoned (which are then lynched by the inmates).  Murder, ironically, becomes the least of the Epoc worries.  If an Epoc can prove good reason for killing someone, whether it be them stealing from you, wronging you, inflicted pain on you, causing you grief, adulterous spouses, or just generally worsening your life, then Epocs are handed a small fine, or rarely slight imprisonment.  1 out of 5 Epocs will commit murder atleast once in their life.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:20:52 pm by Infernal »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 08:06:27 pm »
Nice philosophy about punishment. ;) Another anti-slavery race. ;D

Will they be RPing? ;)

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 08:16:09 pm »
most definately

yes, very anti slavery.  When we get to government, youll realize they have very diverse views, but generally, they are highyl conservative race