Author Topic: The Epoc  (Read 23301 times)

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
The Epoc
« on: October 28, 2007, 07:19:47 pm »

~Drawn by Flisch

Name: The Epoc (Ee-Pock)
Home Planet: Capital
Classification: Large, Social Aves
Normal Lifespan: 80-90 Years (Females); 90-100 Years (Males)
Diet: Carnivorous; Ovivorous; Omnivorous (Rarely)
Height: 6-8 Feet Tall (Females); 8-10 Feet Tall (Males)
Length: 10-12 Feet Long (Females); 12-14 Feet Long (Males)
Weight: 350-400 Lbs (Females); 400-450 Lbs (Males)
Armor: Thick Skin, Layered in Feathers
Eyesight: Extremelly Good
Intelligence: Extremelly High
Form of Reproduction: Sexual
Reproductive Rate:  Reach Sexual Maturity at Age 20; Reproduces 2-4 Times In Life
Gestation: 6 Months
Offspring Incubation: 6 Months
Number of Offspring: 1-3
Anatomy: 274 Bones, 700 Muscles, Standard Bodily Systems, Four Lungs (Allows Over 10 Breathable/Survivable Gases)
Population: 5,000,000,000 Epoc

CAS Classification
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 09:04:48 am by Infernal »

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 04:58:50 pm by Infernal »

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
Re: The Epoc
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 07:36:43 pm »

~This map shows the distribution of cities throughout Capital.  The yellow city is their Capital, Acropolis.  The blue cities are the distribution of Industrialized, major cities of commerce, activity, and trade.  Red cities are where drilling, mining, and augmenting of metals occur.  Purple cities are places of drilling, but also of major scientific research and technological investments.  Green cities are major places of agriculture, hunting, or ranching.  Orange cities are small towns of a multitude of purposes.

---

~This map shows the distribution of resources and activity throughout Capital.  The various main, but not necessarily sole, purposes of the land and people.

---

~This map details the odd timezones the Epoc standardized.  Each timezone is spaced approximately 1000 miles apart, and the equivalent of a difference of 2 Earth Hours.  Zones are seperated by the Median Line, which runs through the point where the annual storm occurs.  The Epoc do not judge time as humans do, rather the distance in time they are from the Median (The Date Line is between +5 and -5). Their system runs on the standard amount of daylight and nightime (which occurs for "5" Capital Hours or "10" Earth Hours), Labeled to the equivalent of how many of day or night they have so far been in (Night +1, Night +2, Night +3.5... etc).

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 09:17:28 pm »
Nice maps Infernal, where did you make them? :)

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 02:32:35 am »
Intelligent Tough Fierce and Greedy? That’s got to be interesting :)

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 02:55:54 am »
Nice, it looks kinda like the missing link between a Kraitair and birds.

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 04:04:07 am »
1. Photoshop
2. Yes, and their social aspects are very interesting because of so
3. Everybody told me the same thing, that it looked like a Kraitair only more feathery XD

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 06:34:59 am »
1. Photoshop
I wish I had Photoshop. :)
But since I don't have one, I'm currently using M$ Powerpoint for all of my pics. :)

When I find some time, I'm gonna try and practice Bryce5.5. ;)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 08:57:17 am »
Yay, I look forward to seeing more from the Epocs.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 12:08:43 pm »
Nice, I voted technology because I wonder what kind of things creatures with physique like this would devise (remember that all technology is mostly designed keeping its user in mind, in limitations and abilities, etc)

Transportation would be nice.

Working on a better visualization right now.

Personal art galleries:

Offline KingAcer

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 12:11:55 pm »
I like it  :D

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 01:56:19 pm »
thanks everyone!  I actually already have religion typed up, so Ill just throw that out there while Im working on technology.  I might post personality as well, so you get an idea of who they are.

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 03:31:28 pm »
Personality

Epocs have a very diverse, very unique personality.  However, for the most part, Epocs can be easily described.  The Epoc are a greedy, self centered, and manipulative race that has no intent on slowing for anyone.  They love their wealth, and use it to display their elaborate desires and fantasies.  They use their skills to their advantage, exploiting every other race they encounter for resources and financial gain.

Besides being economically minded, Epocs are extremely fierce, and even violent at points.  While they are generally peaceful with other Epocs, they hold nothing back against other races.  They will betray trust, mindlessly slaughter, and use their brute force to annihilate anyone who opposes them.  Remember, they are only concerned about commercial gain.  However, many Devout Epocs are pacifistic, not willing to harm others.  This is not looked down upon, but rather respected as an overcoming of natural processes.

There are two concepts that disgust the Epoc more than anything else.  Any race that enslaves another race to do their own work is viewed as revolting, lazy, and the scum of the galaxy.  The only exception to slavery is the use of Androids to carry out work.  However, the cardinal sin of the Epoc society is theft.  Thieves and crooks are viewed as the worst of society, taking away the wealth of others, and it is not uncommon for thieves to be executed or imprisoned (which are then lynched by the inmates).  Murder, ironically, becomes the least of the Epoc worries.  If an Epoc can prove good reason for killing someone, whether it be them stealing from you, wronging you, inflicted pain on you, causing you grief, adulterous spouses, or just generally worsening your life, then Epocs are handed a small fine, or rarely slight imprisonment.  1 out of 5 Epocs will commit murder atleast once in their life.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:20:52 pm by Infernal »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 08:06:27 pm »
Nice philosophy about punishment. ;) Another anti-slavery race. ;D

Will they be RPing? ;)

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 08:16:09 pm »
most definately

yes, very anti slavery.  When we get to government, youll realize they have very diverse views, but generally, they are highyl conservative race

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 05:02:07 am »
yes, very anti slavery.  When we get to government, youll realize they have very diverse views, but generally, they are highyl conservative race
Looks like our races are gonna get along well. For the most part I guess :).

Can't wait for the next update! ;)

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 05:27:46 am »
Oh noes!

Your race is right next to mine. And that wouldn't be the problem if it weren't for the:
Epocs are extremely fierce, and even violent at points.  While they are generally peaceful with other Epocs, they hold nothing back against other races.  They will betray trust, mindlessly slaughter, and use their brute force to annihilate anyone who opposes them.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 06:37:45 am »
You could get some help from the Freds :). After all, they are your second closest neighbors.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 06:39:42 am »
That or I could just put a small little black hole on their home planet. IF they attack that is.

Of course it wouldn't actually destroy their home planet, but it will turn it in a singularity the size of a period.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 07:22:06 am »
That or I could just put a small little black hole on their home planet. IF they attack that is.

Of course it wouldn't actually destroy their home planet, but it will turn it in a singularity the size of a period.
That should do the trick if someone tries to harass the Eyecons, which are very cool due to their multiple brains by the way. ;) For now at least.

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 01:23:03 pm »
youll come to learn they are a highly respectable race.  Just a glimpse, they function very similar on a code of honor much like that of Japanese Samurai.  They will not attack unless provoked, or if they are expaning their territory.  However, if they dont agree with your politics, they will take you down.  However, if they see things in your systems of government, such as anti slavery, that they respect, then you are almost automatically on their good side.

When we get there, hopefully by this weekend, Id love to start RPing.  Might I suggest the Terra Ixians visiting Capital?  Or the eyecons or freds making contact? =P

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2007, 01:25:59 pm »
Sure, I'll make contact with your species. We'll discuss this further over PM or Gabbly.

P.S.: The eyecon had slavery, but that was 2 ages ago (Age of Urban Contact). Now they're anti-slavery.

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 01:28:07 pm »
im on gabbly now, if you wanna hop on

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2007, 02:16:17 pm »
Technology Overview

The Epoc, a race very industrialized, respects science and technology with high honor.  Throughout their history, it has never encountered opposition, and has gained support from all of the religious groups.  Scientists have advanced, going leaps and bounds, to a point of extremely technological society.  However, they have not attempted much in the way of a space program, other than a few probes to Hierarchal.  More concerned about internal affairs, the Epoc aren’t yet convinced of extraterrestrial life.  However, because of the devotion to internal technology, the life expectancy, and the overall ease of life has been increased exponentially.

Military

The Epoc, being an honor based society, has put a lot of effort into their military.  They have armed their extremely large military, consisting over 1/5th of the population (Or around 1/2 billion), with state of the art weaponry.  They have formulated a specialized plasma that causes direct radiation and super heat to wherever it may hit.  However, this technology has yet to be used in combat, due to the relative peaceful planet.  They’ve converted this plasma into all sorts of weapons, including turrets, hand guns, and melee combat.  Due to their abundance, and their overall concern for crime, each family has at least two plasma based weapons.  The plasma has also, more recently, been converted into a super bomb of sorts, able to deliver a vast explosion in a contained area.

Energy

Believe it or not, the Epoc do not use the vast abundance of fossil fuels found across their planet in their main energy.  Rather, they have perfected the use of a methane compound that runs their vehicles efficiently and cleanly (because methane is already an abundant gas anyways).  For mainland power, they use nuclear water plants, which line the many channels and coastlines.  However, all the fossil fuels that are collected by mining (oil, coal, etc), are used together to, alongside other materials, to form highly valuable stones and even some medicines, which help keep the blood of the economy flowing.

Industry/Vehicles

Like mentioned before, Industry is very clean compared to many races.   For the most part, the Epoc do not allow androids to perform their mainstream work, keeping the majority of the population hired and well supplied.  Industry is the thriving and driving force of all Epoc economics.

Vehicles are held by over 90% of the entire population.  They all run cleanly, economically, and able to transport goods, people, and services at extremely high speed.  There are also an abundance of work vehicles, as well as automatic trading ships.  These allow safe transport of natural resources.  Above all however, the Epoc have designed high tech military vehicles, able to safeguard their planet, should a rebellion arise.  Many times, the Epoc has dwelled on the idea of “Mechs” and other walking vehicles, but the idea was quickly abandoned due to militaristic worries.

Medicine

Medicine is held very dear in Epoc Society.  Above all researches, this receives the most attention.  Such, the Epoc society has virtually eliminated every known disease, virus, and harmful bacteria ever to harm a plant or animal on Capital.  They founded a Eugenics program, which also destroyed most problematic birth defects and hereditary illnesses.  However, breeding is closely monitored by Epoc society.  Every egg is analyzed, and if any discrepancies or errors are found in the genetic code, the egg is destroyed. 

Computers/Robotics

Alongside medicine and the military, Computer technologies receive a great deal of attention.  The Epoc have successfully created perfect artificial life, with real emotions, and real thought processes.  They have, however, maintained absolute dominance over these programs, restricting them to a safe, virtual world in which they are allowed to thrive, so long as they continue to do computations.  Every family has access to this world, with an AI ready to aid them at any point.  The AI have been kept under control, resistant to hackers, and non lethal to anyone who uses them.

Finally, Androids were once a secret project developed by the government.  However, they are now mainstream, living amongst the Epoc in their everyday lives.  Each holds on AI program as mentioned above, except now in a physical embodiment.  They are generally friendly, and are used as tutors and guides to children and visitors.  However, some have been specifically trained in military art, embodied in a four armed, four legged walker that is set to eliminate any threat.  These robots guard the few prisons across the planet.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2007, 11:43:59 pm »
Believe it or not, the Epoc do not use the vast abundance of fossil fuels found across their planet in their main energy.
I wish we could do the same on earth. :)

For the most part, the Epoc do not allow androids to perform their mainstream work, keeping the majority of the population hired and well supplied.
These guys really know how to run a society.

Vehicles are held by over 90% of the entire population.  They all run cleanly, economically, and able to transport goods, people, and services at extremely high speed.  There are also an abundance of work vehicles, as well as automatic trading ships.  These allow safe transport of natural resources.  Above all however, the Epoc have designed high tech military vehicles, able to safeguard their planet, should a rebellion arise.  Many times, the Epoc has dwelled on the idea of “Mechs” and other walking vehicles, but the idea was quickly abandoned due to militaristic worries.
Gotta respect these guys for not being tempted by the lure of technology.

Medicine is held very dear in Epoc Society.  Above all researches, this receives the most attention.  Such, the Epoc society has virtually eliminated every known disease, virus, and harmful bacteria ever to harm a plant or animal on Capital.  They founded a Eugenics program, which also destroyed most problematic birth defects and hereditary illnesses.  However, breeding is closely monitored by Epoc society.  Every egg is analyzed, and if any discrepancies or errors are found in the genetic code, the egg is destroyed.
Their medical system is perfect. Though I feel sorry for the eggs. :'(

The Epoc have successfully created perfect artificial life, with real emotions, and real thought processes.  They have, however, maintained absolute dominance over these programs, restricting them to a safe, virtual world in which they are allowed to thrive, so long as they continue to do computations.  Every family has access to this world, with an AI ready to aid them at any point.  The AI have been kept under control, resistant to hackers, and non lethal to anyone who uses them.
Wow. I guess there won't be any Rise of the Machines on Capital. ;)

These robots guard the few prisons across the planet.
It's almost like a Utopia. A little more tweaking, and their society is a paradise. ;)

Nice work on their society, Infernal. :) Well done. ;)

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2007, 04:02:02 am »
Well, its their culture that lets them live that way. They are greedy and corrupt creatures, but their code of honor and respect is imbedded into them.  It looks like a utopia, but you gotta remember all the politicians with their own agenda ;)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2007, 06:20:18 pm »
I guess it's an ugly yet beautiful world out there on Capital. ;)

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2007, 06:32:31 pm »
Social Dynamics

Birth/Death

The code of Epoc honor is very respectful to the birth and death of one of their race.  Each egg is treated as a holy embodiment, something free from evil and corruption.  Epoc mothers go out of their way, to nurture their egg, until it fully hatches.  After hatching, the baby Epoc are sheltered, and educated until they are old enough to leave home and start a family of their own.

Death is also something highly respected in Epoc society.  Those who die of old age, who held jobs, and who lived a decent life are honored in large, elaborate celebrations in honor of their life.  However, those who are executed, murdered for good reason, or are “eradicated” aren’t so lucky.  Normally, it will be only the family who honors them.

Education/Career

The public education system has strict standards, and if any child expresses an unwillingness to learn, or are unintelligent to certain standards, then they are often “eradicated”.  However, most Epoc young have been eugenically designed to exhibit great intelligence, and normally complete their full education and career training in 15 years.  Afterwards, they are thrown right into the job market.

While it is not law, Epocs usually remain in the same line of work as their family, honoring the parents who have retired from the workforce.  Each city or town offers a wide variety of mandated education for each workforce, and a multitude of opportunities.  Due to government standards, Epoc are required to find a job within months of completing school, and with the wide job market, many industries, and plethora of opportunities, this is easily achieved with a simple move.  Once the Epoc have contributed at least 55 Years of work or have achieved a certain percentage of wealth, they are mandated  to retire.

Crime/Punishment

While you may believe that the Epoc live in a utopian society, this is a sad lie.  For the most part, the harsh, cruel nature of Epoc aren’t widely presented to the public, almost always covered up by the local governments.  It is predicted the crime rate is roughly 5% a year and rising, but this cannot be proven.

In order of severity of punishment of the most common crimes: 
  • Theft/Rape/Abuse
  • Conning/Embezzlement/Cheating/Hacking
  • Public Disorder/Defacement/Slander/Harming of Character
  • Drugs/Petty Crime/Indecency
  • Murder

It is already apparently confusing while murder would be on the bottom of the list.  However, Epocs’ system of respect puts things disrespectful, dishonorable, and harmful to peace at the top.  Because of so, and as mentioned before, Murder is acceptable in conditions granted when someone dishonors or disrespects you to a large degree (One in Five Epocs will commit murder once in their life.  Only 1 out of 100 will be punished for it, and only because it would be unnecessary).  For the most part, imprisonment is the preferred choice of punishment, alongside heavy fining.  However, the higher the severity, the more likely your chance for extreme torture (which is condoned) and execution.  Thieves are generally executed, Rapists have their genitals eradicated, and Abusers are often tortured harshly throughout their sentence.

Lifestyle

Epocs, while being able to maintain their composure, still have that natural tendency to greed and manipulation.  Such, they have found a solution to their problems; gambling.  Every single Epoc, be it young or old, loves to gamble.  They have casinos, races, and even the monthly gladiator games, which is where criminals destined for execution are sent (the winner still is killed).  This satisfies their primal addiction to rage, and an overall entertaining experience for them.

On a personal level, Epocs are reserved.  Most lifestyle choices deemed “wrong” (including Atheism and Homosexuality) are rarely ever brought to light within the public.  Religious, political, and other viewpoints are kept within families and rarely shared with the rest of the society.  Epocs are conformists, and they like it that way.

Culture/Architecture

Other than violence and gambling, they are big fans of music, art, literature, sports, and the performing arts.  Most Epoc, if not all, will take up three or four extracurricular activities, and refine themselves on a skill they will carry throughout life.  A lot of times, families will spend their equivalent of a “Friday Night” at a theatre, live or recorded.  Operas and symphonies are also popular, as well as public readings and poetry cafes.  On their “Mondays” (Epocs have three day weekends), they watch a variety of Olympic like sports, as well as more traditional ball games and sport fights before resting for the workweek ahead.

Architecture is very diverse all throughout Capital.  Some cities retain almost a tribal feel, with huts and adobe like structures.  Others have elaborate stone buildings with beautiful outdoor decoration.  Some of the major cities have extremely modern buildings, with glass walls and steel skyscrapers, while others have wacky architecture that looks straight out of a Dr. Seuss book.  Overall, however, Epocs love to spend their money; making a building look good makes them look good.

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2007, 08:00:32 pm »
yes, very anti slavery. 

Crud, we won't be on very good terms, then.

Unless, of course, your guys don't mind if a race's very LIFE revolves around a certain point? If so, then we'll be okay with each other. Slavery only happens when you stop being Awesome (quite a few are not nearly as Awesome as they "should" be), and Awesome is ALMOST like an honor system, and since your guys are very honorable, we MIGHT be okay.

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2007, 08:59:00 pm »
yes, very anti slavery.

Crud, we won't be on very good terms, then.

Unless, of course, your guys don't mind if a race's very LIFE revolves around a certain point? If so, then we'll be okay with each other. Slavery only happens when you stop being Awesome (quite a few are not nearly as Awesome as they "should" be), and Awesome is ALMOST like an honor system, and since your guys are very honorable, we MIGHT be okay.
Don't worry about my guys, Blarg. They understand. They judge people according to what they know. Though they will teach you the Universal Law. Though they won't force a person to follow it if they don't want to follow it. The Universal Law has a very mysterious origin(I'll update on that after I show the TI's reasonably sized ships.). :)

As for Infernal's guys, I'm not sure.

Infernal, how do you think would the Epoc react when they see the Blargbells? They are a very lively race after all. ;)

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2007, 12:42:19 pm »
Religion on Capital

In Capital, religion plays a very important role in the everyday activities of the Epoc.  While they may be cold and manipulative creatures, there is the rare case of a benevolent Epoc.  However, this is not shunned, because, while the Epoc may not care about other creatures’ well being, they have a strict code of honor and respect within their species, understanding the need for pacifists in a society.

There have been five main religions throughout Epoc society, each based off different Deities from the story of creation.  Rather than fighting one another, they separate themselves in life, keeping religion out of everyday conversations.  Otherwise, they are five sub religions, each with different purposes in society.  However, the five main religions were the basis for Epoc Law and Government, with the commandments of each Deity considered.  Overall, this religious society has given much of the population reason to maintain balance in the world, and an overall internally peaceful society.

-~-

The Story of Creation

In the beginning of the universe, a Grand Deity assigned rulers over all the planets in the universe, even those not yet formed.  As the Deity used his powers over nature, the universe slowly began to form, along with the Maestro system and its lone planet, Capital.  Many of the Grand Deity’s servants wanted complete control over the Maestro system, but four siblings in particular proved to be the most prospective.  Since the Grand Deity favored all of them, he decided to assign each control over certain aspects.

Solos, Luna, Aulis, Faun each took their seats of power, alongside Aves.  As the Epoc began to develop, each imposed themselves onto the tribes, collecting worshippers in a competitive attempt to obtain the most followers.  Each fashioned their own Nirvanas for those who chose to believe in them or do good in life, but each agreed on one place of torment, for those who do wrong to the world.  Many religious texts were written during the rise of these tribal religions, and they continue to live today. 

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2007, 12:45:10 pm »
Five Major Religions

Solism (Followers of Solo) is a Heliolatry, meaning Worshiping of the Sun, religion based on courage, stoicism, and obtaining a strong will.  Solists depict their Patron Spirit, Solo, as a male, magnificent, flaming fox, that dwells within a den inside Maestro.  Solists believe in a strict code of honor, with respect to higher authority, and the stoic principles of separating their emotions from their everyday lives.  Solists are often middle class families, or even more commonly, soldiers in the Capital army.  However, they are often attributed to having an untapped rage that can be unleashed when provoked.

Lunism (Followers of Luna) is a Selenolatry, meaning Worshiping of the Moon, religion based on knowledge, assumption of power, and an uncontrollable sense of greed.  Lunists depict their Patron Spirit, Luna, as a female, brilliant, mischievous, yet very macabre snake that manipulates people for her own desires.  After her twin brother, Solo, took over the son, Luna begrudgingly took over the moon, and remained jealous for the remainder of time.  Lunists are often attributed to being greedy, self centered, and manipulative to those around them.  However, their strive for wealth is outdone by their strive for knowledge, believing that worshiping Luna and providing her with wealth will be returned with wisdom, knowledge, and power.  The most common Lunists are businessmen and corporation owners.

Aulism (Followers of Aulis) is an Ichthyolatry, meaning Worshiping of Fish, religion based on maritime fishing, trade, and an overall hardworking lifestyle.  Aulists depict their Patron Spirit, Aulis, as a male, hardworking, benevolent, and extremely large fish that lives throughout the deepest trenches of the Ocean.  Aulis is generally calm, as can be seen in the ever peaceful oceans and channels, but can be provoked at some points.  Only when extremely angry will Aulis release his might in the form of a tsunami.  Aulists believe in the power of industry, and that they are the necessary link in the chain to keep the whole world working.  For the most part, they are kind to others, work diligently to receive decent pay, and are family oriented.  Often, naval/maritime workers, fishermen, and marketers/traders are Aulists.

Faunism (Followers of Faun) is a Cervidolatry, meaning Worshiping of Deer, religion based on creativity, gifts of the earth, and a respect for art and literature.  Faunists depict their Patron Spirit, Faun, as a female, graceful, loving, and agile deer that transforms itself into a tree when endangered.  Faun and Aulis generally work together, providing each other with help; such, Faunists and Aulists have a peaceful relationship.  As she prances, Faun brings life to nature, and enriches the land with minerals and riches.  However, when the land is abused, Faun fights back, bringing earthquakes and general havoc.  Often, Faunists are the miners, farmers, resource gatherers, and pacifists of Epoc.

Aveism (Followers of Ave) is an Aviolatry, meaning Worshiping of Birds, religion based off Industry, technology, and the pursuit for greater scientific understanding.  Aveists depict their Patron Spirit, Ave, as a sexless, massive, elegant, and omnipotent bird that flies through the clouds, and infinite space around Capital.  They believe, since how unique and generally polluted air that Capital had, many Deities refused to take control.  So, the Great Deity fashioned a great bird of his on surmise, and to this day, continues the biddings of its master.  Aveists generally ignore the other religions, only concerned about their individual purposes.  They strive for new technology, and increasing industry.  They are not greedy, but concerned deeply about economic conditions and repercussions of their actions.  Often, Aveists are industrialists, city inhabitants, researchers, scientists, and technology driven individuals.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 07:36:22 pm by Infernal »

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2007, 12:46:44 pm »
Five Minor Religions

Not everyone on Capital falls under the religious beliefs that founded their society.  Instead, the five minor religious viewpoints are listed below.

Idiolatry is the Worshiping of oneself.  These Epocs believe that, by taking care of themselves, and spoiling themselves, they will achieve eternal peace.  Many believe, after death, they will be reincarnated into a higher society.  Many government officials are Idolatrists, believing their spirit will reach the spiritual nirvana of being able to observe and guard their planet.

Plutolatry is the Worshiping of ones wealth.  Simply put, Plutoists believe that the amount of money they have at the end of life will determine their nirvana they receive at the end of life.  This is a generally small religion.

Pentolatry is the Worshiping of all Five of the Deities spoken of in the creation story.  They follow many guidelines laid out by all of the animals, glorifying all five as best as they possibly can.  In death, they become one with Capital, keeping the planet alive.  A lot of impoverished people, but as well as everyday citizens fall under to this belief.

Sciolatry is the Worshiping of Science.  Some extreme Aveists become Sciolatrists, focusing solely on the scientific aspect of the world.  In death, they hope to continue their research, and provide their understudies with knowledge to aid the world.

Atheism is the smallest religious (or non-religious depending on your view) group on Capital.  Since most people have some form of supernatural beliefs, Atheists are generally few and far between.  Also, they are generally reserved, not expressing their non-beliefs.

Offline unlamp

• Bezerk Brawler
  • I'm Dreaming of a red X-mas
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2007, 03:36:36 pm »
Very nice :D

>_>
<_<

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2007, 03:37:30 pm »
Haha, typical generic "i didnt really read anything" kinda post =P  Very nice Unlamp

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2007, 03:46:18 pm »
Very interesting. The religion I'd like to know most is the Idiolatry, sounds quite unique.

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2007, 04:39:44 pm »
Imagine a Hybrid of Buddhism and Hinduism.. except centered around the individual.  Self worship, so to speak

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2007, 05:23:37 pm »

This map just shows the division of Departments within Capital.  The colors are only for emphasis, they mean nothing.

Government on Capital

Epoc society is centered around one global government, surpassed by individual governments called Departments.  The Epoc follow a Timocracy, where only property owners, and those with a certain amount of wealth (usually true-middle class and higher) can vote on their representatives.  Representatives are generally very wealthy, and following the same political path their families have for hundreds of years. 

The Global government, called the Epoc Union, is comprised of hundreds of Chancellors and other local Representatives that decide on the constraints placed on the local governments, more so, the economy.  There are a few panels consisting of religious leaders, economic leaders, former presidents, etc.  They act as a federal government, with a legislative body as mentioned above, as well as a judicial body, consisting of 25 judges.  After a resolution is decided and agreed on by the majority of the Legislative body, it is put through the Judicial body, which it must gain 15 votes to pass.  Besides confirming resolutions, the Judicial body judges high profile cases.

The main power lies in the Departments, small country like bodies consisting of one “Capital’ city (usually the largest) surrounded by many hundreds of small, similar cities. The only Department not following this is the Acropolis District, which consists of only Acropolis and surrounding areas. Each city sends a representative to the bigger city, where individual resolutions, depending on the economic and social conditions, are passed and enforced.  These individual cities also vote for a few Representatives, Chancellors, and Panel members who contribute to the global community.  For the most part, all the districts follow a similar government, a republic, however, some have communist like aspects.  Overall, the governments have high approval rating, and work well for Epoc society.

Economy

More important than the Government to the Epoc, is their Economy.  Every single district on Capital is, in turn, an Industrio-Capitalist-Free Market Economy.  Individuals are responsible for themselves, without much aid from the government.  Different organizations regulate trade, individuals own industry, families are responsible for their insurance, and anyone can run a business.  Overall, the GDP and Global Wealth (probably due to the abundance of resources) of Epocs is extremely high, and their economy is extremely strong.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2007, 06:50:46 pm »
Much like the US, back then when they weren't complete yet. :)
Each State had their own state government but were very similar and adhered to the main law.

Do the Lunists feel envious to Solo, since Luna is envious of him?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 06:53:14 pm by Yuu »

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2007, 07:40:49 pm »
They don't like them for a number a reasons, mostly financial, and because Lunists are generally more concerned about putting money into the government and their own personal pockets. They use government money to pay for Social reforms and "Beneficiaries" Solists want money for middle class families and the benefit of the military.  They support industry, and money away from the government (tax cutting).   

Heres an easier breakdown

Lunists have a very liberal mindset
Solists have a very conservative mindset

Easy eh? XD  Please don't take this as a punch on our own politics.  Im not trying to glorify conservatism and demonize liberalism, im just trying to explain how it works on Capital :)

All the major info you need to know, especially for RPing, is up.  Please PM me, id love to Rp
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 07:50:03 pm by Infernal »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
Re: The Epoc *Lots of New Info/Polls Reopened*
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2007, 08:17:12 pm »
An RP would be great. ;)
Since the Communicant war is kinda in the last chapters, I guess it's time.
Soon, I'm gonna open it up...

How will they keep their society stable when they reach space, since then they could split paths and colonize different planets?

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2007, 04:09:13 am »
that, youll have to figure out, with the code of honor ;)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2007, 07:42:40 am »
can't wait. :)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2007, 07:57:54 pm »
Ooh, looking good, Infernal.  I like the detail about government and society.

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2007, 05:42:51 am »
The Epoc Code of Honor

While it has never been accepted by any government body, it is embedded into the children as they are raised, or they will pick it up through social contact.  Such, it is almost instinctial, with very few, if any, Epoc who do not know it.

---

1.  To steal from fellow Epoc is to relinquish your own life

2.  To harm physically, mentally, financially, or emotionally another Epoc is to give up all your rights and respect

3.  To murder another Epoc is unjust, unless excused with good intentions or just purpose

4.  To harm your body, be it drugs, inflicted pain, etc. is to bring shame to your family

5.  To act like a fool is to be treated like one

6.  To show respect is the highest honor, and met with the greatest reward

7.  To be given great wealth and opportunity is to be given a responsibility for the betterment of Epoc

8.  To rival and envy with fellow Epoc, to the point of schism, or the distabillizing of a society, is to eliminate the peaceful equillibrium

9.  To be both a witness to religion, and a benefactor of science is to have one of the greatest honors

10.  To live with honor is to be a true Epoc

---

In other words...

1.  Don't steal, else you will lose your life

2.  Don't rape, abuse, lie, or cheat or you will lose everything you've ever had

3.  Don't murder someone, unless they really deserved it

4.  Don't use drugs or hurt yourself or you'll be humiliated

5.  Don't act stupid, or else you'll be treated as so

6.  By showing respect to those around you, you show great character

7.  If you are given a lot of money or opportunities, you have a duty to help others

8.  Don't fight or covet other Epocs, to a unhealthy degree, or else you'll topple down the fundamentals of society

9.  If you are religious, but also a great contribution to science and society, then you'll be highly regarded

10.  Honor is key in society

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
Re: The Epoc *Code of Honor*
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2007, 12:17:40 pm »

The X-11 Standard Android

The X-11 is the standard use android for most of the Epoc's daily activities.  The above picture is their base form, with out any real protocol.  They are about 15 feet long and about 12 feet tall when fully erect, weighing a couple of tons.

• Equipped with electron based overshield, which protects from all known attacks
  • Equipped with retractable arms
  • Equipped with translation protocol
  • Equipped with solar batteries and stabilized antimatter generator
  • Hands include a polarized, gravity manipulation device that allows them to form miniature antigravity fields (Gravity Gun Equivalent)
  • Built from strong alloys
  • Run off basic AI which is loyal to Epoc
  • Able to recite any knowledge asked of it
  • Military class droids replace a few of their hands with automatic weaponry and swords
  • Trader and Civilian classes usually retain their hands, and carry an array of tools
  • Mining and Resource droids replace their hands with tools of their trade
  • Resiliant to high and cold temeperatures, radiation, and EMP waves
  • Fully upgradeable to any situation

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
    • View Profile
Re: The Epoc *X-11*
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2007, 12:27:27 pm »
Very nice, it surprises me that they don't have advanced space flight but do have robots and plasma technology.

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
Re: The Epoc *X-11*
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2007, 12:30:40 pm »
Because they havent ever focused on it (until now of course that you've invaded the planet.)  They just built up around their own planet, and ignored the attractive features space brought.

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2007, 08:06:01 pm »
Military Command

During a battle, the military chain of command follows as below.  The typical chain of military command that most races use still applies, but the below is just a general look.

Supreme Commander of the Army
^
Generals of the Army
^
Commanders of the Army
^
Officers of the Army
^
Field Commanders
^
Field Strategists
^
Field Officers
^
Field Lead Specialists
^
Field Recruits
^
X-11 Soldiers

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2007, 02:28:07 am »
Cool droids Infernal. ;)

Too bad I'm very busy because of school.

Still, the Code of Honor and the Chain of Command gave me a great idea. ::) Great update. ;)

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2007, 04:34:42 pm »
Technologic Variety

The below examples of ten of the most common advance technologies used by the Epoc:

Holographic Trans-Informational Orbs (Inforbs)

Inforbs are small devices that come in various forms.  One, a small ball that fits within the extremely small earholes of the Epoc, translates any language using a database that had been given to them by the Epoc.  The other fits within their palms, and glows depending on its use or awaiting message.  They can access any information and send any form of message through holograms held in their database.

Nano-manipulative Robots

In the form of miniature X-11s, these devices are able to carry out extreme tasks, be it wiring, killing diseases, or spying with the aid of being extremely small and invisible to the naked eye.

Regenerative Devices

Various forms of energy have been converted into tools, which release this energy, causing the healing of wounds, the repairing of materials, and the regeneration of plant materials via cell cloning.

Virtual Intelligence

With their super tech, the Epoc have managed to break many barriers, and have given their X-11s individual, random personalities.  The AI that controls them acts as an individual entity, willing to take commands but act in a personal manner. Over their life, they communicate, and gain vast amounts of knowledge.

High Tech Weaponry

The Epoc, as mentioned before, have used a plasmatic material in all their weapons.  They’ve fused this with various elements and forms of matter, augmenting extremely powerful weaponry.  Weapons are self charging, and require no outside bullets.  The plasma can mold itself into a flammable gaseous, liquid, or solid form depending on use.

The Art of Defense and Stealth

Keeping yourself alive is very important in the Epoc army.  Using “clouds” of electrons and various force fields, shields have been widely embraced by infantry and vehicles alike.  The fields are mostly impermeable, able to withstand most indirect attacks (unable to stop direct collision or melee) from bullets or energy weapons.

Cloaking is restricted to special troops, and costs a lot of energy.  For short periods of times, small portals, using the same system as their traveling devices,  absorb direct light, giving the impression of invisibility.  However, this is short lived, and easily noticed via infrared technology.

Wormhole Technology

Eyecons have aided enormously in this field.  The Epoc have developed a weapon, ranging from hand held devices, to large fleets that allow the instantaneous access between two points.  These portal guns allow the individual to travel between two points, using indirect wormholes, by either aiming, or entering coordinates.

These weapons also have the capability to develop anti gravity fields, like those of the X-11s, which allow the movement and picking up of objects normally to heavy or too awkward for the average Epoc.

Antimatter Energy

Besides nuclear energy, Antimatter generators allow the movement of the larger ships in the Epoc fleet.  They are virtually infinite sources of power, able to pull of the extreme tasks the Epocs perform.  They can also be found small scale, in weapons, tools, and some homes.

Explosives and Direct Energy Application

Boom? You like boom?  Well so do the Epoc.  They have put a great deal of energy into developing their huge weapon stock.  Small devices can deliver massive amounts of explosive power.  They also have developed beams of energy that shred straight through an object’s atomic level, thus, destroying them.

Space Weaponry and Other Technologies

By converting their weapons and shields, the Epoc have managed to equip their fighters and capital ships with large scale weapons, exponentially stronger than their smaller counterparts.  These weapons are highly dangerous, and very destructive to anyone who encounters them.

Besides military, the space phase brought with it new strives in medicine, home entertainment, and a betterment of life to all Epoc society.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2007, 04:58:42 pm »
I wonder where they got their Inforbs, antimatter engines, wormhole technology and some space weapons from... :-p

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2007, 05:29:56 pm »
Hehe, they adapted your stuff

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2007, 05:30:54 pm »
Well, I will never tell the building instructions of Juggernauts!

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2007, 05:38:59 pm »
Well, theyve already got their plans for their own superships.  The gockets helped with that.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2007, 05:41:19 pm »
GDI Juggernauts!? :o :o :o

Great fleet weapons Infernal. ;)
Are their portal guns like the ones in TheOrangeBox:Portal? If so, that'd be so coooool! An Epoc can make two portals, one above the enemy and another in front of him. Then he can throw an X-11, barrel or grenade into the portal. :D The enemy won't know what hit it! ;D

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2007, 05:42:10 pm »
Yes, I decided to copy the idea of a gravity gun mixed with a portal gun for them *shrug*

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2007, 06:07:38 pm »
I was wondering where those big ships and large scale weapons systems might've come from...

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2007, 07:07:01 pm »
Well, theyve already got their plans for their own superships.  The gockets helped with that.

hehe, i already have superweapons typed out, but ill save that until tomorrow.  I also need to list out the Five Epoc im Rping with: Kraul, Bors, Lots, Mals, and Voilles (who youve yet to meet)

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2007, 09:12:46 pm »
Pre Space Phase Superweapons

The below list comprised of the five most common weapons, but not the only, that were used by Epoc during times of war.   They are highly destructive, and continue to be used due to their effectiveness.

Tactical Napalm and Direct Impact Explosive Strike

This form of attack is probably the most commonly used by Epocs.  A field commander or anyone of high rank running the battle has the ability to authorize a devastating strike.  Long pathways of Napalm are spread out by jets, causing up to a kilometer of burning, wreaking landscape.  Other than napalm, direct missile attacks are also possible.

Remote Torpi Release Cylinders

This is probably the most interesting weapon used by the Epoc.  These cylinders, spanning a few meters tall, contain millions of genetically modified, hungry Torpi (see Life on Capital Thread) with small packages of explosives attached to them.  As they are released, they hone onto any moving life, and attack them viciously.  If they aren’t able to kill them, then the incendiary devices attached to them will.

Automatic Hydro-atomic Leveling Protocol

This order to strike is rarely used, mostly due to its indiscriminate destructive force.  Specially designed jets drop a clustered payload of thousands of specially modified, miniature atomic weaponry, which delivers an extremely powerful force, but a low radiation.  The Epoc believe radiation as a form of murder to be cruel and prolonged.  This protocol is able to level cities, forests, and physiologic features.

Subsurface Force Generator

Probably the neatest Pre-space weapon, the SFG, in relative large numbers, is able to inflict massive damage.  By using subsonic and direct inertia waves, the SFGs can accurately cause and direct landslides, pits, schisms, volcanic activity, earthquakes, and even tsunamis.  While it may be considered cheap, it is almost always used to give the Epoc the upper hand.

Functional Guerilla Warfare

This form of warfare is the embodiment of the entire Epoc army.  The Epoc function under a Guerilla Warfare system, where there is nothing fair about war, and all is fair game.  They use this to their advantage, manipulating the environment around them to their advantage, as well as their enemies’ weaknesses.  X-11s climb in trees, caves, ditches, etc. so that they may assault stealthily an attack.  In this world, nothing is sacred, such; the Epoc Army itself is a superweapon.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2007, 09:27:18 pm »
In this world, nothing is sacred, such; the Epoc Army itself is a superweapon.
Looks like the other armies have to watch out for the Epoc. 8)
Very interesting weapons, especially the Torpi. ;)
Can't wait for next update.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2007, 09:29:13 pm »
It all sounds good.  Sounds like your Epocs will be most effective in combat when they are familiar with their surroundings.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2007, 10:12:08 pm »
Much like the GLA and Night-Elves in CNC:Generals and Warcraft III, respectively.
Masters of the environment. Anything is a weapon. 8)

Offline YarYar

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2007, 10:13:01 pm »
There seem to be a number of overpowered new races recently.

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2007, 08:03:37 am »
Are you calling my race overpowered?  I beg to differ, especially compared to the others around me.  Im using real tactics used by military factions right here on our own planet.  The technologies come from older, more developed races that have helped me.  Atleast I entered the Space Phase through RP, instead of just saying ive been in space all this time and no ones seen me yet.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2007, 09:31:08 am »
I did that in my updates. Slowly evolve to space, and when I've reached interstellar, begin RP-ing.

And YarYar, could you PM me some of those in your opinion overpowered races? Please, I'd love to know them, I won't detest you even if you call mine overpowered.

Offline YarYar

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2007, 11:45:09 am »
Are you calling my race overpowered?  I beg to differ, especially compared to the others around me.  Im using real tactics used by military factions right here on our own planet.  The technologies come from older, more developed races that have helped me.  Atleast I entered the Space Phase through RP, instead of just saying ive been in space all this time and no ones seen me yet.

I seriously doubt that your race could so easily back-engineer things in about a week. Even if they helped you, they would've have helped you to point of giving you wormhole technology.

To yannick, I suppose I'll go through the list.

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2007, 12:08:15 pm »
If you bothered to even read the RPs, youll know its not a week, its months, and the degrees of help Ive been given.  Secondly, if two races work side by side, you dont have to back engineer anything.  If you know how something is made, and you tell someone else how to make it, then it wouldnt take them too long with your help to make that thing.  Finally, this is a friggin RP.  They don't work the same ways humans do, their minds dont work the same way, and life works differently.  We don't have to be so hardass on one another, and different RPs move at different speeds.  Im not gonna wait until January to finally start RPing with a Space Faring race.  I posted technology that will happen later on, again, if you read the RPs, youd know that.

Sheesh

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
Re: The Epoc *Code of Honor*
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2007, 12:23:11 pm »

The X-12 Standard Sensory Droid

The X-12 was built in the response for security and communication.  These droids can act as the eyes, ears, and voice of the Epoc in their activities.

• Minimal shielding
  • Equipped with communicator to other Epocs
  • Equipped with translation protocol
  • Equipped with solar batteries and stabilized antimatter generator
  • Have an electomagnetic "arm" that allows them to move small metals, charge batteries, or signal interference
  • Built from strong alloys and a dense metalloid
  • Run off basic AI which is loyal to Epoc
  • Able to recite any knowledge asked of it
  • Can produce holographic messages
  • Can be used by Epocs via remote terminal (controls where it looks, moves, hears, and says to its surroundings)
  • Fully upgradeable

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
  • In Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2007, 04:58:02 pm »

The Occam Class Starship

Built from an extremelly strong alloy from the mines of the Maestro solar system, the Occam Class starship is the pride and joy of the Epocs.    Using the technology given to them from the Eyecons and Gockets, this massive ship became possible.  Spanning a whopping 15 km tall, the Occam is a sight to behold.  The first five occams, far larger than the rest that were planned to be made, were named after the Five Gods of Capital.  The other Occams will be exponentially smaller, ranging around 3 km high.

A few things each ship is equipped with:
    • A thick overshield formed by polar molecules tightly connected in an extracellular matrix
    • Wormhole generator that creates a thin strip in which the ships compress through, and emerge elsewhere
    • Millions of lasers controlled by AI
    • A few hundred thousand Arch Fighters, which look like the Occams, only horizontal, manned by Epocs and X-11s
    • Living, Entertainment and Storage Quarters
    • Huge docks with vertical storage
    • Panoramic Deck with many control stations
    • Antimatter Energy Core
    • Inertia Drive which sends bursts of energy to propel and steer the ship
    • Various superweapons in storage
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 06:28:48 am by Infernal »

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
    • Not a Squid.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #70 on: November 10, 2007, 10:53:27 pm »
    Woohoo, a fleet of Occam's Razors.  I heartily approve.  And it looks like it uses my propulsion system, going on those rings at the back.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
    • The end is nigh
      • View Profile
    « Reply #71 on: November 11, 2007, 03:38:01 am »
    Impulse drive donated by Eyecon, I approve.

I think 15km is a bit oversized though. Even my huge juggernauts span but 2km.

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
    • In Counting
      • View Profile
    « Reply #72 on: November 11, 2007, 06:27:05 am »
    Yes, i kinda hybridized both Engines :P

And the 15km was suggested by Ovi, I wasn't quite sure how large I wanted to make it.  I figure Ill make the other ones a lot smaller.

Offline YarYar

• Brain Games Mastermind
      • View Profile
    « Reply #73 on: November 11, 2007, 12:20:33 pm »
    Such ships are very large *pun* targets for other empires looking to damage Epoc morale as well. I'd keep them behind the front lines.

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
    • In Counting
      • View Profile
    « Reply #74 on: November 11, 2007, 12:32:08 pm »
    Not even used them yet :P  theyve got plenty of fighters to help them.  Looking at some of the other ships in the fan scale, im relatively small compared to their capital ships

Offline YarYar

• Brain Games Mastermind
      • View Profile
    « Reply #75 on: November 11, 2007, 12:40:05 pm »
    Actually, the largest non-TI ship wasn't 15 km I think. I'm pretty sure only the Nauceans ever built something that large. Besides the New Yuva that got blown up, and the four metal worlds made by the U somethings.

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
    • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
      • View Profile
    « Reply #76 on: November 11, 2007, 12:47:48 pm »
    Actually, the largest non-TI ship wasn't 15 km I think. I'm pretty sure only the Nauceans ever built something that large. Besides the New Yuva that got blown up, and the four metal worlds made by the U somethings.
    Most ships are in between Queen Mary II size and a few kilometres long. And capital ships get even larger.

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
    • In Counting
      • View Profile
    « Reply #77 on: November 11, 2007, 12:55:42 pm »

http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=3891.msg114363#msg114363

A ViS Strippr is 80km, a Torpal Warship is 50 km, a Salux Cyanea Class Capital Ship is 15 km.  Dont complain to me about having to big of ships

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
    • Ka-Boom!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #78 on: November 11, 2007, 12:58:34 pm »
    Well researched.
    the real saviour of this forum

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
    • In Counting
      • View Profile
    « Reply #79 on: November 11, 2007, 01:02:06 pm »
    Well researched.

Tired of people complaining

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
    • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
      • View Profile
    « Reply #80 on: November 11, 2007, 01:03:58 pm »
    Wow, I thought that thread got deleted after they decided to split the Spore Fanfic forum into two parts. Guess I didn't look well enough.

Offline YarYar

• Brain Games Mastermind
      • View Profile
    « Reply #81 on: November 11, 2007, 01:09:19 pm »
    Your stats may be correct, but you forget the huge age difference. The Torpals, and ViS, and whoever made that other ship, are far older than the Epoc.

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
    • In Counting
      • View Profile
    « Reply #82 on: November 11, 2007, 01:15:11 pm »
    Your stats may be correct, but you forget the huge age difference. The Torpals, and ViS, and whoever made that other ship, are far older than the Epoc.

Doesn't matter, most just started by saying they built the ship.  I told it in story, and I can do whatever I want.  I already explained I didnt feel like waiting for months to have a ship, and its my creature, I can do what I want with it.  Sheesh YarYar, can you not just let the balloon go and stop being critical over every little detail of everyone's creatures?  Stop acting like the scientific authority, know it all of this forum (From what I hear, thats Krakows gig  :P) and just accept everything as the hardwork each one of us has put into detailing our creature and the art of RPing it.  Things don't have to be absolutely perfect or completely realistic.  We create these things to expand our creativity outside the realms of reality we already live in.  There are better things to do on this forum than tell people they're wrong.  And that, is where, I stop being defensive (but it needed done)

Offline YarYar

• Brain Games Mastermind
      • View Profile
    « Reply #83 on: November 11, 2007, 01:17:35 pm »
    Whatever, but others would agree with me.

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
    • In Counting
      • View Profile
    « Reply #84 on: November 11, 2007, 01:19:41 pm »

And plenty more who I've talked to like what I've done, and don't really see a problem with it. 

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
    • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
      • View Profile
    « Reply #85 on: November 11, 2007, 01:27:45 pm »
    No they wouldn't, the Epoc have nice original ships that aren't massively overpowered and are phased out.

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
    • In Counting
      • View Profile
    « Reply #86 on: November 11, 2007, 01:36:29 pm »
    No they wouldn't, the Epoc have nice original ships that aren't massively overpowered and are phased out.

Thank you croccer *pats on head*

Offline Draugr

• Zork Emperor
    • ORGASMIC.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #87 on: January 03, 2008, 01:34:37 pm »
    Love the Creature!!! I have always wanted to create land bird creature but could never drawn one up I like but I think you pulled it off! Highly Conservative, me like! ;) Good to here from another conservative we tend to be very rare on the web.
    Kings 2:23-24 --- The Holy Bible
    23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youth.

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
    • In Counting
      • View Profile
    « Reply #88 on: July 07, 2008, 09:04:08 am »
    Megabump, but I thought I might start these guys up a little bit if I have some time. Sorry for the bump, but this is the CC version:

Offline Oshaberi

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • Logically.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #89 on: July 07, 2008, 10:19:32 am »
    Hey, cool to see these guys back! I never posted in this thread, but I'm a fan. =P Hope to see them around.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
    • = )
      • View Profile
    « Reply #90 on: July 08, 2008, 01:16:41 am »
    Woo! Niceness! 8)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
    • Not a Squid.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #91 on: July 08, 2008, 02:19:05 pm »
    Hooray, Infernal and the Epoc are back!

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
    • In Counting
      • View Profile
    « Reply #92 on: July 08, 2008, 08:50:46 pm »
    Not quite sure what Id update on though.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
    • Not a Squid.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #93 on: July 10, 2008, 06:38:01 pm »
    I would go with making some creatures from the Epoc's planet, that would be the easiest thing.

Offline Infernal

• Battlezone Captain
    • In Counting
      • View Profile
    « Reply #94 on: July 10, 2008, 08:41:54 pm »
    I thought about doing Roleplay with these guys, but it appears people are too caught up with the NG deal. Oh well.