4 (28.6%)
Yes but only nWoD.
1 (7.1%)
Maybe.
4 (28.6%)
No.
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: World of Darkness RP OOC  (Read 32771 times)

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: World of Darkness RP OOC
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 04:39:42 pm »
I don't think I am a good person for the ST, the only reason I applied was because someone pestered me in IRC about it. Though if none else comes forward i will be the ST.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 05:20:46 pm »
Hmm..do you own any World of Darkness books? Or just the game?

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2008, 07:38:02 pm »
Bloodlines is the only reference i have.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 05:28:27 am »
Yes so if anyone with a bit more experience then Flamester could be ST I think it would be better. I my self have never got a chance to really play WoD but i have studied the lore quite a bit and know the basic system. But I am to slow to work as a ST.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2008, 01:07:21 pm »
I found this will i was surfing. Is gives you the basics of oWoD Dark Ages. Even enough with information to create a human character.

I will of course help out if you need to learn more or help with creating a character.

Infomation about Dark Ages
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
Re: World of Darkness RP OOC. NEED GMs!
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2008, 12:52:22 pm »
So, d3ft abandoned us. Could someone please DM? WoD is fun....

/begs.

Offline Crimean

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2008, 11:07:58 am »
This ever end up going anywhere?

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2008, 12:21:38 pm »
Nope. Sorry. Finding a Storyteller is harder then finding gold in your backyard.

But if you know any then please inform us. :)
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2008, 02:02:58 pm »
How much would someone have to know about WoD to be a storyteller and what exactly do they have to do?

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2008, 03:39:21 pm »
Well story teller is basically the GM. No real difference. Just the name. So he has to know the system pretty well. Lore wise is both yes and no. First WoD is placed in on a earth much like ours. Knowing historical events form real earth helps somewhat but you do not have to be a absolute history buff. The Darkness side however is very lore intense. But it is up to the ST to shape the world and he should see it as aid not as something that weight him down. Picking up some of the basic form Wiki or one of the big two whitewolf Wikis out there is recommended however. Also make sure you tell the players your the boss and your making your own world of darkness world just to be on the safe side if you decide to diverge. >_>

Now as for setting with lose ties. WoD is basicly made up by 5 or so prime settings.

The Original oWoD which is the most lore intensive and also the hardest one to make ones own. Set in the modern world. The second setting would be oWoD Dark Ages.

Actually set in medieval time rather the true dark ages but it sounds more survival horror like to call it dark ages. Helps to know History. Is also good to know some of the basics of the clans, tribes and such. But wiki actually have a lot of that stuff. But unlike oWoD Modern there are not global faction. Just a lot of small factions fight for power. Some clans are more common then others however and some places more detailed then others. Still see it more as a aid i say. Pretty easy to adapt i think and most people can relate to the Dark Ages.

The we have the oWoD Victorian/Western age. Again based on real world like all WoD stuff. Here we  start to see larger factions and such so it can be a bit of a problem. But is up to the ST as always on what he wants to do with the setting. The Victorian part is more focused on Vampire wile the Western part is Werewolf centered.

nWoD is a bit more flexible or so they want you to think. True in a way as idea is that every little city is it own setting. Modern world but with a different background lore form oWoD. Made to encourage the ST to make it his own. No meta story in nWoD like in oWoD

The newest setting is the nWoD Antiquates setting. To be more precise Rom. Not much to say about it. It is like all the other. Based on real earth with a supernatural twist to it.

There are actually more setting and stuff. A lot of lore for those that are interstice but most should be seen as a aid. Most games i have seen actually turn it to something own. And i have seen concepts form Age of Enlightenment vampires to the extreme of post apocalyptic werewolf, stone age vampire or cyberpunk adventure. The ST is free to ignore everything (Golden rule, Very clearly stated in WoD) or follow all the events to the letter.

I recommend that those that would be interested in becoming a ST should look up the free Dark Age rule to get a picture of how it works. The rules as far as i have seen is the complete basics which is needed to run a game describing humans as base creatures for players. The difference is not that great between other supernatural creatures and humans system wise so is a good start.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2008, 04:13:33 pm »
How about I just build you a whole new world to play in? That sounds much easier.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2008, 05:49:38 pm »
Yeah people say that but it seldom is. The thing why people use already established setting is because they often make sense (In some fashion). of course many also like to explore these detailed worlds.

I would however agree to play WoD without WoD setting but there rule system just to test it out. I would probably test the opposite to. (Different rules but same setting.) I am actually not against trying new systems. I try to be open to new things.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2008, 06:11:43 pm »
Anything I did would probably end up turning into an RP anyway... :-[

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2008, 06:17:54 pm »
Well this is suppose to be a RP >_>

or do you differentiate PnP RPG form your Free Form forum based RPs?
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2008, 06:25:24 pm »
Well I classify them as Story-Based RPs (RP) and Action-Based RPs (D&D). I'd call this thing an Action-Based RP.

Anyway, I guess I'm not geared up to do this anyway since it's not my thing. Sorry for the trouble.