4 (28.6%)
Yes but only nWoD.
1 (7.1%)
Maybe.
4 (28.6%)
No.
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: World of Darkness RP OOC  (Read 32805 times)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Re: World of Darkness RP OOC
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 06:20:59 pm »
Cool nossy Gungnir. Did you know there is a merit that lets you suck more blood as a Nosferatu? I think i would fit with your character. It is both printed in the Nosferatu clan book and in the Player's guide to lower classes if i remember it right. :)

And very nice page you found. But i think i will keep with my old format. Well maybe i will do both.

I updated my Cyrus history a bit btw.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 04:02:00 pm »
Something a bit different. I hope it follow the rules for possessed. They where not that easy to understand. A almost human character. I am not sure it she would be weak in play but i bet she would be interesting. Made for the modern era.

Code: [Select]
Name: Victoria Knight Type: Fomori Nature: Child
Player: Yokto Breed: Brain eater Demeanor: Hidden
Chronicle: oWoD Host: Human Concept: Psychic Vampire
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Physical Social Mental
 Str 1 Cha 2 Per 2
 Dex 3 Man 3 Int 4
 Sta 1 App 4 Wit 1
3 6 4
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Talents Skills Knowledges
 Alertness 3 Animal Ken 0 Computers 0
 Athletics 0 Drive 1 Enigmas 0
 Brawl 0 Etiquette 1 Investigation 0
 Dodge 1 Firearms 0 Law 0
 Empathy 3 Melee 0 Linguistics 0
 Expression 0 Performance 0 Medicine 0
 Primal Urge 0 Repair 0 Occult 3
 Leadership 0 Securty 0 Politics 0
 Streetwise 1 Stealth 0 Rituals 1
 Subtefuge 3 Survival 0 Science 0
11 2 4

Powers Background Other Traits
 Brain Eating +6 Resources 5 Phetic Aura  +3
 Prolonged Life*+4 Sybiosis? 5 Hidden Power +2
 Darksight +1 Psychic Vampire+14
Taint True Symbiot +4
 Addiction** -3 Enemies        -2
 Deragement*** -3    Ablity Deficit*-5
Psychic Powers
 Vampire 2

5 5 16

Rage 0 Health

Gnosis 0 Autonomy 9  of 10

Willpower 3 AutoTemp 10 of 10

*Ablity Deficit in Skill
**Addiction Brain Eating. This is also the condtion for prolonged life.
***Deragement Obestion with Vampires and Goth cultures in general

Background: Victoria was born in to a rich family. Sadly her mother Rachel died giving birth to Victoria. Victoria father Richard spoiled her a lot when she was young as she was the only child. He childhood was rather happy even with the tragedy that happed mother.

When she got older her father was contact by a school for gifted children. They manage to convince him that she would get the best education available. Richard agreed after visiting the school and Victoria of to the school. Unknown to him the school was connected to a  Pentex's Special Projects Division - Project Aeneid . A secrete research division in to psionic powers. The Special Projects Division had manage to find Victoria by chance and saw her as a potential research subject. 

At the school they manged to develop her psionic abilities without her or her fathers knowledge but she hit a dead end. She Victoria potential but something was keeping it back. It was decided that she would be send to Project Aeneid to unlock here potential. There she was subjected to horrible treatment as they tried to merge her mind with a Feeder Bane. But Victoria incredible enough manged to escape.

She told her father about the Horrid treatment she had gotten at the school. Richard thought she was exaggerated but agreed to not send her back. The School was not that happy with the decision but agreed so not to draw any more attention to them self.  Victoria live with her father for some time after that but Richards health started to deteriorate. The Doctors could not say what was wrong with him. His mind was slowly vanishing. He became less and less willfully and one day he quietly died in his bed.

Victoria became very sad over losing her father. Now she had no one to take care of her. Richard had however trust for her daughter. Victoria would not have to worry about money at least. And Pentex did not dare to touch her even after he father was gone.

Appearance: Victoria Dress in goth fashion. She have colored her long hair black but her natural color is blond. Her skin is pale white.   She is thin and she looks good enough to become a photo model if wanted. Her Vampiric powers also keeps her young (The bane in her is content with feeding on the soul of other rather then the host) so she looks younger then she really is.

Personalty: Victoria now knows that it was her partly her fault that her father died. They did something with her. Gave her some life draining power fueled by some evil spirit inside her. This made her determent not to give in to the spirit. It has also made her obsessed with Vampires. After all she is one of them, or so she believes. That is why she is so interested in Gothic culture.

She sometimes talk to the bane. At first he did not answer but she knew not to give up. She still is not sure what this Vampiric side of her is. Just that hit holds great power.

Enemy: Victoria was a very successful experiment. When Pentex found her they knew that she was a valuable resource. They knew that her already latent Vampiric power could be focused and complimented with the bane that she might actually have a life span far longer then you average Fomori. A great investment for the future. And they manage to do just that. Victoria could stand as a new template for future Brain Eaters. But her father manage to protect her well. The good news for Pentex is that Richard Knight is now dead.

Pentex have slowly started to invest resources in getting Victoria back. There not trying to directly harm her as she is to valuable to them alive. But Pentex is could become a real problem for Victoria.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 03:27:41 pm by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 04:07:13 pm »
Werewolves will not like her...(since they can see the evil spirits and such)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 04:13:19 pm »
You are right. Werewolves would like her as much as they like Vampires. Playing here can be interesting but also dangerous. She would have to be very diplomatic. Even mortals could kill her easy. But i guess that is part of the charm. She could always try to make a deal with the devil (the bane) for more power to if needed.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 04:38:18 pm by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline MinotaurWarrior

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 11:40:32 am »
If this becomes nWoD, I'd love to play (though It'd be my first game, in case that's an issue).

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 05:03:13 pm »
I can not promise any nWoD game or any game at all for that matter. (Though i hope we will be able to play a WoD game)

But you do not need to worry about being new. We are all new when we start out. Also do not be afraid to post your ideas. Everything form a character you wish to play, a NPC you wish to use or even a sub setting. The more active we are the great the chance is this will fly. It would be nice if we could find someone willing to be a Story Teller (AKA GM). I my self do not want the job as i tend to spend to much time on the details. (The reason why some of my half finished character are posted with one day intervals are because that is the minimum time they take to make.)
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 06:14:25 pm »
So, I have actually never finished a campaign. ever. With any PnP RPG. Ever. So, minotaur, you're probably better off than I am.

:(

Anyway, anyone have interesting campaign experiences they would like to share (preferably WoD)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 06:16:11 pm by Gungnir »

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 06:54:11 pm »
OK what ideas do we have? I see that is 50% 50% on what system we should use. I know i prefer oWoD but i am a bit flexible. I am not sure what era i would prefer. Dark Ages have a certain charm as it is not a high fantasy world like DnD :P Victorian ages also have its moments. (I guess my Tzimisce could be converted for that era.) The Rokea could fit in any era but maybe not in every game. The Psi Vampire would only fit in the modern era i believe. And i can always try to make a new character.

So what would you all that voted like for a game? Any limits? Anything special?
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline MinotaurWarrior

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 10:29:18 am »
     Well, since I only have nWoD, obviously I'd prefer that. Also, I have mortal+mage, but not vamp. However, since most WoD players are vampire players, I'd be fine with being a mortal under the viniculum (spelling?) or some other kind of mortal tag-along. Going by the time periods currently out for nWoD (present and Ancient Rome, iirc) I think that the present would be better, just because I haven't liked what I've heard about that setting. However, in general I think the further back in time the better (always interesting to see things forming).

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2008, 12:59:48 pm »
I love oWoD...its mood seems more fitting to me than the nWoD. So that's my vote. However, it's hard for us to play oWoD, since one of our players only has nWoD, and we only have 3 people thus far.

:(

Anyone else?

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2008, 02:01:28 pm »
Well the most important thing is that the Story Teller have the martial he needs. It is often not hard to adapt as a player. Heck i have played in RP system where i knew nothing about the rules but i manage to survives anyway.

The 3 most developed timeliness for oWoD is Dark Age, Victorian age (Wild West for Werewolves) and Modern. There are some tips on how to play other setting like Antiquities, Age of Enlightenment, Future, Post Apocalypse and even Prehistoric. (Alternative time lines and all that.)

In nWoD we have Modern and Rome.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 02:04:18 pm »
One more character. I though i would make The Fool. The Vampire that was a test subject.

Code: [Select]
Name: Sasha Generation: 7th Nature: Hidden
Player: -Unknown- Clan: Tremere Demeanor: Hidden
Chronicle: DA Haven: Concept: The Fool
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Physical Social Mental
 Str 1 Cha 4 Per 4
 Dex 3 Man 1 Int 3
 Sta 4 App 1 Wit 3
5 3 7
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Talents Skills Knowledges
 Alertness 0 Animal Ken 1 Academics 1
 Athletics 0 Archery 0 Hearth Wisdom 3
 Brawl 0 Commerce 0 Investigation 0
 Dodge 2 Craft 0 Law 0
 Empathy 3 Etiquette 3 Linguistics 1
 Expression 0 Melee 3 Medicine 0
 Intimidation 0 Performance 0 Occult 3
 Leadership 0 Ride 3 Politics 1
 Legerdemain 0 Stealth 0 Theology 0
 Subterfuge 0 Survival 3 Seneschal 0
5 13 9

Diceplin Background Other Traits
 Thaumatugy Generation 5 Former Magus +2
  Rego Vitae 5 Spirit Mentor +3
Medium +2
Celestial Attunement +1
Common sense +1
Dark Secreat -1
  5 5 8

Blood Points 9 of 20 Conscience 5 Health

Road of Humanity8 Self Control 3 Aura

Willpower 2 Courage 2 Flaw:

Concept: The Fool. Captured to be used as a lab rat and to be force to teach the art of Thaumatugy. Must now after escaping find a way to survive. But is going back the the Tremere the wised choice after betraying them? It is hard to keep things secret inside the chantry. 

Background: Sasha grew up in eastern Europe and learned for a early age about the old ways. Sasha would later practice simple magic and talk with the spirits of the dead. One day a Tremere saw the potential in Sasha. That night Sasha was embraced. Sasha adapted to the new life of a vampire and learned many of the rituals of the Tremere. Sasha had lost the ability to cast transitional spells after the embrace but kept the ability to talk with the dead.

One day when Sasha was traveling with Tremere troop to a other chantry they where attacked by a Tzimisce. All of them where killed except Sasha. The great fiend him self sensed that Sasha could become a great tool and decided to spare the life of the young vampire.
Sasha was taken captive and hold i a remote laboratory. There Sasha was "persuaded" to teach the fiend the basic art of Thaumatugy. Something that could lead to the young vampires final death if other Tremere found out. The fiend called Sasha the fool. Little did Sasha know that the fiend had planed this all along. He saw someone that would be easy to brake yet contained great knowledge about art of Thaumatugy. He had just been waiting for the right moment to strike.

Sasha did not get much contact with anyone else except the fiend. Luckily Sasha had a old friend that stayed close to the vampires side. A old spirit that helped out form time to time. Sadly enough it could not do much to free Sasha. At least not openly. Sometimes his apprentice named Cyrus visited Sasha. Cyrus was a bit odd and always seemed a bit distracted. Cyrus once tried to open up a bit deeper conversation with Sasha but the Cyrus sire the old fiend would not permit it. What little talk there was between them where often connected to the experiments Cyrus and the Fiend forced on Sasha.

One day the spirit had good news. It had cracked a plan for Sasha to escape. A Vampire Hunter was in the nearby town. The Spirit figure out that if it could get the Hunter interested in self-absorbed apprentice Cyrus then he would most likely follow Cyrus to his sires lair. Then it would only be a matter of time before all hell broke lose and Sasha could escape in the chaos.

Appearance: Sasha have mange to heal a lot of the wound that was inflicted on the young vampire. But some scars are to deep to heal. Sasha can however pass of just as a ugly human. What little cloths Sasha got are just rags.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 01:48:00 pm »
Sorry for triple posting but i would like to know if anyone would like to be Story Teller (aka Game Master) for a game. I would really like to play but i would not make a good Story Teller. So if anyone would like to be ST please speak up.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 01:50:41 pm by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 04:10:29 pm »
I will apply for the ST, I dont know much about WoD other then what I learned in bloodlines, and the fact the malkavians are insane.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 04:16:26 pm »
Cool. So what plans do you have? Any rules we should know about? Setting? Anything?
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons