4 (28.6%)
Yes but only nWoD.
1 (7.1%)
Maybe.
4 (28.6%)
No.
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: World of Darkness RP OOC  (Read 32774 times)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
World of Darkness RP OOC
« on: October 27, 2007, 10:06:04 am »
Looking for players to play oWoD with me. Preferably a one that can act Storyteller (GM) so someone else can test out my new Java program. If anyone is interested please post.

We have not decided if we are going to do this via chat or play-by-post. If we are going to do it via play-by-post then we are going a GM that handles the roles (to prevent cheating) and tells the story. We are also going to enforce a minimum post per day requirement or you are at risk of losing your control to the GM or even getting kicked out of the game. We will of course have a option for players to go absents for long periods of time if they require it but the player should plan ahead and RP a valid reason for there characters absences.

What is World of Darkness?
For those of you that do not know what World of Darkness is it is a RP setting with is set in a alternative Earth. On the surfaces this world look just like our world but under the surfaces hides Vampires, Werewolfs and Mages. A world with a hidden supernatural facet to it. The rules is many ways are easier to learn then DnD.

Most WoD games are set in Modern Earth. However one get put the setting in any age. Dark Ages and Victorian/Western age is pretty popular to and there are several rulebooks that takes up specifically these eras.

Here is a link to White Wolfs Official Wiki and a less official but still good wiki. Check out both

Dark Ages: Human? rules for those that just want to look at the system.

Also ask me if you are interested but need help
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 03:14:51 pm by Yokto »

Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: World of Darkness RP
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 10:07:46 am »
First draft for my charcter
Code: [Select]
Name: Silent-Sea Breed: Rokea Nature: Caregiver
Player: Yokto Auspice: Dark Water Demeanor: Fanatic
Chronicle: oWoD Species: Bull Shark Concept: Charmed Guide
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Physical Social Mental
 Str 1 Cha 3 Per 5
 Dex 2 Man 1 Int 3
 Sta 5 App 2 Wit 2
5 3 7
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Talents Skills Knowledges
 Alertness 3 Animal Ken 3 Bureacucracy 0
 Athletics 1 Drive 0 Computers 0
 Brawl 3 Etiquette 0 Enigmas 0
 Dodge 3 Firearms 0 Investigation 0
 Empathy 1 Melee 1 Law 0
 Expression 0 Performance 0 Linguistics 0
 Primal Urge 3 Repair 0 Medicine 0
 Leadership 0 Securty 0 Occult 0
 Streetwise 0 Stealth 3 Politics 0
 Subtefuge 0 Survival 3 Science 0
14 9 0

Gifts Background Other Traits
 Fast (Level One) Remora 5 Metamorph 6
 Qyrl's Blood (Level One) Mixed-Morph 5
Charmed Existances 5
Danger Sense 3
Fin Blades 3
Uneducated -5
Honest to a Fault -2

Rage 3 Valor 1 Health

Gnosis 5 Harmorny 0

Willpower 4 Inovation 2

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:21:12 am by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 04:41:20 pm »
So, is it like DnD kinda?

I'm in.
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 05:08:32 pm »
Yes kind of. But a diffrent rule system. It should not be hard to learn however. I think is a lot simpler then DnD yet still deep.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
Re: World of Darkness RP OOC
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 08:13:18 am »
so this has only where(creature name) , vampires and people who kill the last 2?

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 08:17:57 am »
Nope. It got it all. All the World of Darkness stuff. From Regular Humans to Nature Spirits. What you play is up to you.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 11:38:17 am »
Please we what people who vote to be those that are interested in playing this game so please post. Especially you who voted on other. Yes you know who you are. :P
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 10:52:39 am »
Well sorry for triples posting and necromancy and all other sins i might have committed right now. But i really wanted to post this and see what you all think. This seem to be the best topic for it

Name: Cyrus Generation: 7th Nature: Pedagogue
Player: Yokto Clan: Tzimisce Demeanor: Pedagogue
Chronicle: DA Haven: Concept: Mad Doctor
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Physical Social Mental
 Str 2 Cha 2 Per 1
 Dex 5 Man 3 Int 5
 Sta 1 App 1 Wit 4
5 3 7
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alertness 0 Animal Ken 3 Academics 3
 Athletics 1 Archery 0 Hearth Wisdom 0
 Brawl 1 Commerce 1 Investigation 0
 Dodge 3 Craft (Body) 3 Law 1
 Empathy 0 Etiquette 1 Linguistics 1
 Expression 0 Melee 1 Medicine 3
 Intimidation 0 Performance 0 Occult 1
 Leadership 0 Ride 0 Politics 0
 Legerdemain 0 Stealth 0 Science 3
 Subterfuge 0 Survival 0 Seneschal 1
5 9 13

Discipline Background Other Traits
 Vicissitude 4 Generation 5 Secular +4
 Animalism Resources 1 Promethean clay +5
 Auspex Discipline Prodigy** +5
Ability Aptitude*** +1
Efficient Digestion    +3
Unbondable +3
Disgrace to the Blood -2
Sires Resentment -1
Poteant Aura -3
Degenerate -1
  4 6 14

Blood Points 5 of 20 Conviction 2 Health

Road of Kings* 4 Self Control 3 Commaning Aura -1

Willpower 5 Courage 5 Flaw: Need to sleep near two hand full of dirt.

*Path of The Merchant
**Vicissitude
***Body Craft

Name: Cyrus Draco Archimegaloidis
Age (superficial): Old? Artificially made to look older. The Gray hair mainly gives that impression
Date of Embrace: Unknown
Sex: Male
Hair Color: Gray
Eye Color: Gray
Skin Color: Pale
Battle Cry: For Knowledge!

Items:
Staff. Used mainly as a walking staff but can also be used as a defensive weapon.
Simple Robe with Hood. Standard clothing to protect against the elements but mainly to blend in.
 Light Armor. Worn under the robe normal.
Simple Belt.
 Dagger. A gift from his sire before he feel out of favor.
Ghouled Raven called Aristoteles
2 small vessel. Made out of cartilage containing little more then a handful earth form Constantinople that is placed inside a a cavity under Cyrus chest.
Satchel
 Leather bags. With Earth from Constantinople
 Basic Byzantine clothing. A bit nicer then the Robe. Typical Byzantine fashion.
 Medical Tools.
 Journal and writing utilities. A excuse to write one >_>

Ghouled Raven Aristoteles

Strength 2, Dexterity 3, Stamina 3, Perception 7, Wits 4
Willpower 4 Health OK, -1, -1, -2, -5
Attack: Claw for two dice (lethal)
Abilities: Alertness 3, Athletics 2, Brawl 1, Dodge 2, Intimidation 2 (Brawl 3, Empathy 4, Intimidtation 4)
Power: Potency
Blood Pool: 2?

Concept: Abandon by his Sire. Cyrus now have to find a new home. very skilled academic with specialty in medicine.

Background:
Cyrus Draco Archimegaloidis was born in a turbulent era in Constantinople. Old empires crumbling. New ones taking there place. This was a great era for some. Especially for Cyrus father who was a very successful merchant. With his wealth he could provide his children with high class education. Cyrus however was always a bit of a troublesome child with a strong inner drive to explore the nature around him. His father had hoped that he would work as a merchant with his brothers but he always seemed more interested in nature philosophy (science), nature and other more academic endeavors.

Cyrus curiosity often got him in to trouble when he was younger. But manage to handle him self despite his weak frame. His older brothers also sometimes wanted to test his agility and wits. So Cyrus got pretty good at dodging attack (When he saw them coming) and defend him self with staff and dagger. As the Youngest of the brothers Cyrus was also seen as the weakest of them.

When Cyrus he got older he continues is studies. He was very inspired by the works Roman and Greek text that his father had collected during his years as well as the Byzantine schoolers of the day. He was also interested in what many of the Arabian schoolers had to say about nature philosophy and Academics. A contact he gain via his father had a few trade contacts with the orient. Cyrus work on improving both medical techniques and to develop new simple machines. He quickly gained a reputation both for his radical ideas and his skill.

Cyrus 3 older brothers all became merchants. Most of Cyrus 6 younger sisters married nobles or wealth men. He did not keep that much contact with them as he got older and preferred to kept to him self and his studies. He did have a good relationship with his youngest sister that seemed to get him and his wild world of ideas.

As a mortal Cyrus had build a reputation as being very skilled in medic, alchemy, academics and natural philosophy (science). His sire, a very old and quite powerful Tzimisce Voivod became very interested in him because of his extreme talents. Cyrus quickly learned the art of Vicissitude which came naturely to him. Together they developed many new radical ideas. From new mechanical devices to a new process to purify the blood. Sometimes Cyrus even tested these ideas on him self before before showing his master the results. The more dangerous ideas that had real potential risk was tested you average ghoul animal.

There was also a 3rd lab rat in there laboratory. A Vampire only known as The Fool. The Fool had traded it's freedom for Cyrus sires vitae or something like that. Cyrus was not really sure who The Fool was or why it had given up is freedom. All Cyrus knew was his sire had told him which was not much. The Fool was not that treated badly but had to endure some horrid testing. Cyrus did not get to speak a lot with The Fool as his sire forbid it.

His master was very proud of is star pupil but all that would change. One night Cyrus managed to draw the attention of a witch-hunter. The witch-hunter followed Cyrus back to his sires Haven. The Witch-hunter waited until day brake before he attacked. That attack was brutal and the haven was engulfed in flames. Cyrus and his Sire manage to escape though a secret passage. Cyrus Sire was furious that he could be so careless and cast him out and told him not to come back until he mange to rid him self of his recklessness. Cyrus packed what little belongings he had and set out to make a new unlife for him self.

Cyrus hope is that he will find someone willing to pay for his services and possibly offer him some protection. His wide knowledge and supernatural intellect could be a assets to any prince. But he got a somewhat low reputation and is treated like a lower class rabble. Cyrus have not given up how however. Who know? Maybe he will even gain back the trust of a Voivod or his Sire and serve him.

Apperence:
Cryus have used his skill in Vicissitude to mask him self. Though not a pretty sight to behold he is not as bad looking as a Nosferatu. And it helps him blend in a bit with the beggars and peasantry. The cloth he wears are a poor quality. Again to blend in. One day he hope to cast down his disguise and walk like a noble again like he is. (Well in Cyrus own eyes at least)

Cryus is rather weak and never was much for manual labor. All his days before he was embraced he studied and tinkered instead. He got nothing against working with his hand, in fact his got a supernatural grace when it works. But using brute force is not for him. He let others do the heavy work. And there is always the option to transform in to his Zulo form or use his blood to as a boost if he needs extra strength and stamina for a task. He use to be rather thin and tall but used his arts of Vicissitude to look a bit shorter.

Personalty: Cyrus is very Intelligent. Before he was embrace he was one of the brightest minds of his time. After the embrace he got a intellect beyond what regular mortals can ever hope for. This however have made him rather introvert. Even more so then he was in life. He seldom notice his surroundings and often lives in his own little dream world with new inventions, philosophically idea and complex problems to solve. Cyrus interest in all things new was one of the many reasons his sire choice him.

Cyrus have little interests in theology. He have no greater believes in God. But he is wise enough to keep this fact for him self. Even many cainites would condemn him as a heretic. Cyrus is more interested in finding order in nature. And as he sees it, If there truly was a God then it would be nature it self. Of course he believes in the supernatural after all he is one of them. But is it really a supernatural world or is it just one more aspect of creation? Cyrus is detriment to find out how it all fits together.

Cyrus have fallen a bit form the path he have choice after his sires rejection. But his willpower is strong and he hope to make a name for him self again. People tent to take him less serious however as he is marked as a failure that could not live up to his destiny. Even those that never met him before tend to notice his failure in some sense.

Aristoteles: Cyrus let out several of the research animals that where in his masters lab during night the witch-hunter attacked. One of the Animals Cyrus saved was a Raven he named Aristoteles after the famed Greek Philosopher.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 05:17:09 am by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 04:15:34 pm »
I would like to play, I really would..but I doubt I'll have the time or dedication. In the meantime, I'll try to think of a character concept and hope that I'll be able to do it.

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 04:30:29 pm »
Sounds interesting, I'll look at the Wiki and make my mind up then.
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 05:29:59 pm »
I would like to play, I really would..but I doubt I'll have the time or dedication. In the meantime, I'll try to think of a character concept and hope that I'll be able to do it.

Yeah just post ideas and concepts if you like that.

By the way i changed the pole. The old one had little meaning as almost none of those that voted where really interested in joining.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 05:58:21 pm by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 08:38:13 pm »
One more character i have made. I do not really plan to play this character. At least not now. Made to fit in to the dark ages. If anyone would like to play this character then they can have it. Of course if anyone would like the play this charcter then they could also make change to it.

Name: Liberius Generation: 7th Nature: Hidden
Player: Yokto Clan: Gangeral Demeanor: Hidden
Chronicle: DA Haven: Concept: Chiroptera
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Physical Social Mental
 Str 2 Cha 1 Per 4
 Dex 6 Man 4 Int 2
 Sta 2 App 0 Wit 2
7 3 5
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Alertness 3 Animal Ken 3 Academics 0
 Athletics 3 Archery 0 Hearth Wisdom 3
 Brawl 3 Commerce 0 Investigation 0
 Dodge 3 Craft 0 Law 0
 Empathy 0 Etiquette 0 Linguistics 2
 Expression 0 Melee 0 Medicine 0
 Intimidation 1 Perfomance 0 Occult 0
 Leadership 0 Ride 0 Politics 0
 Legerdemain 0 Stealth 3 Science 0
 Subtefuge 0 Survival 3 Seneschal 0
13 9 5

Diceplin Background Other Traits
 Protean 3 Generation 5 Feeding Tungue (36) +6
 Animalism 1 Animal Affinity (Bat) +2
Abomination +4
Unbondable             +3
Patagia                +7
Monstrus        -3
Cast No Reflection -1
Eerie Presence -2
Smell of the Grave -1

4 5 15

Blood Points 7 of 20 Conviction 2 Health

Beast 5 Instinct 3 Aura of Menace 0

Willpower 5 Courage 5 Weakness: Animal Features

Concept: Newly reawaken Gangeral. A feral beast form a different era seeking to adjust.

Background:
  Liberius as he call him self was Embraced during the last days of Roman Empire. He was embraced by one of the barbarian form the north. After that he was trow out of society. With no one to guide him he quickly turned feral. Often having to fight many men for his survival. His wild temperament slowly transformed him to the creature he is today. A bat like creature capable off inflicting terror on the weak willed.

For most of his years he have however slept away in torpor. The loss of his mortal life was to great for him and after fighting for a very long time he simply had no will left. He decided to just go to sleep. Now something have awaken him. Something that empowers him with a will to live again. Liberius do not know what it is but he knows there is something our there calling for him.

Appearance: Liberius is a horrid beast transformed by the curse (or blessing) of Gangeral. Not only is his body transformed but he also possess a fearsome aura. A aura that is both a blessing and a curse. These things all combine to make any mortal reject the beast. And no top of that he got a unpleased smell of the grave that he may have developed during his long sleep. Lesser men cower in fear wile others will most likely attack him at sight.

When he was alive he was strong and had a good stamina. Liberius have lost some of his strength due to his transformation but he still posses the strength of a average man and is still weigh in at over 200 pound. Liberius dexter have however improve due to his transformation as has his perception.

Personality: Full with new unnatural vigor Liberius now seeks to find his place in grand scheme. He have mange to pick up the language pretty well even if he have slept for so long. His wits and intelligence is nothing remarkable but he is at least Liberius is as smart as common man.

He likes to hunt his pray form high up in the sky then swoop down on his target and use his long bat like tongue to drink form his target. He in general let the his pray live for a other day as he know that morals often becomes to paralyzed with fear that they will not remember him. The mark left after his attack may draw attention to it but he seldom stays in a place to long and if he does then he is not so ridged that he can not change hunting technique.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 07:23:26 pm by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 09:37:53 am »
So, are we following the rule that says all PCs are neonates with no more than 25 years as a vampire?

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 11:20:52 am »
Pretty much i guess. We will have to see. We need a Story Teller first (AKA Game Master.)

All the characters i have posted have been made to follow the standard rules  (Rulebook legit.). Even the Gangeral is a neonate even if he is very old. I may have made a error somewhere but if anyone find any please point them out and i will try to fix the sheet.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 03:35:11 pm »
http://sheetgen.dalines.net/index.php?page_id=sheet&sheetValueId=489

That would be Markos, a nosferatu. Also, that site rocks. Unfortunately, the only oWoD one is the VtM one. edit: I'm no sure if I counted freebie points right, but I believe I did. If anyone notices discrepancies, please say so.

Background: After high school (which he detested), he started working as something of a mercenary spy for various gangs in his area. Unfortunately, since his loyalties lay with money, he drew the ire of several gangs. Fearing for his life, he fled his hometown, and instead started working as a thug. He hated this job, even though he was surprisingly good at it. He quit this job, too, and, after learning the basics from some friends, became a DJ for a local club. That was when his sire first noticed him, although Markos would not know about this until later. He became an instant hit, and he loved the attention it got him. His sire decided that his hubris was not good, and that he should become cursed with the blood of a Nosferatu. Deeply disturbed that he would probably have to become a spy/thug again, he became reclusive (good thing, too, since he's a Nosferatu). However, after he learned a few secrets about (supernatural) stealth, he loved stalking and terrifying his prey.

Appearance: Very muscular as a human, he retained this through his transition. However, any shred of handsomeness he had was lost. His canine teeth for biting became very long , and he gained the ability to dislocate his lower jaw so that he could feed (although he has to be careful not to cut the trachea with the teeth to avoid killing his prey.) His eyes are sunken, and is skin is not white like normal vampires, but grey and and loose. His body has lost all of its hair. Mysteriously, during the transition, his skin burst open at places to form gashes in his skin that left terrible scars on his body.   (I don't know if that's ugly enough for a nosferatu..I can fix that up later, if the Storyteller has qualms about it)

Personality: Generaly amiable, but he tends to be solitary. He enjoys playing tricks with his food before feeding. (For example: If the victim is looking in a mirror, he will take advantage of his "flaw" of Cast no Reflection to stand right behind them without their noticing. Terror ensues.) Although he can certainly handle himself in a fight, he would much rather use underhanded tactics as his way of "outsmarting" an opponent.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 07:45:57 pm by Gungnir »