Poll

No one can pass...

Let me break that illusion of yours!
Only my railgun can shoot it!
He is but a Zero, powerless and weak...

Author Topic: [OG-EY] The Terran-Ixians  (Read 45728 times)

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
    • View Profile
Re: All about the Terran-Ixians
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2007, 03:22:20 am »
Wow, the Terran-Ixians are the complete opposite of my Aggresive, slave-using, Amish, Genetic-prefering, arrogant zealous Barroc. Nice!

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 04:12:36 am »
I'd love to see some of the possibilities of their programming.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 09:26:31 am »
You mentioned Caeluminicans in your first few posts.  :D
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007, 03:18:01 am »
You mentioned Caeluminicans in your first few posts.  :D
:D I'm a really big fan of Caeluminicans ;D and they're just so cute! ;) even the hackers. :)
By the way, Kcronos. Do you have any plans on RPing Dethrax? :)

Ok, now for an update. Sorry if it's kinda late. :)

List of Programs won! :)

List of programs

There are so many programs that they need to organize them according to their nature. Please note that all Terran-Ixian programs end in ".ti", which means it is in Terran-Ixian format.

Type-A

These programs are centered on the manipulation of the physical world and are considered the most basic form of programming. This is the first form of programming that newly manufactured Terran-Ixians install into their Central Data Core. Instructions on how to use these types of programs can be downloaded from the Main Database. These programs are usually used by the Terran-Ixians for basic offense, basic defense, and basic information warfare. These programs include but are not limited to:

Particle Cannon.ti

Photon cannons and ion cannons are all included in this program. This program manipulates a massive amount of particles in the programmer's vicinity to increase in mass and form a near singularity, which when released, creates an extremely high energy beam of ultra-saturated particles. When this beam of ultra-saturated particles hits an object, the energy from the beam is transferred onto the object, thus saturating it to the point of getting ripped apart from extreme pressure on a molecular scale. Ouch!

Particle Barrier.ti

Walls, armor, shields and other forms of passive-physical defenses are included in this program. just like the previous one, this program also manipulates a massive amount of particles in the programmer's vicinity to increase in mass. But instead of forming a near singularity, the particles form a wall instead. All they need to do left is to move the wall of particles between them and the enemy to stop any form of physical attack. This could also be used to form an encapsulating bubble, which can be used to carry damaged or dead personnel, carry land creatures underwater/carry water creatures to land/carry creatures to space(which has no air and water), protect vital installations, fix the roof if it has leaks, make an artificial planet(if big enough), walk your pet(seriously, you just have to make the bubble spin and that's it), construct buildings, create platforms, crack open coconuts(from extreme pressure), destroy entire tanks/ships/cities/continents/planets from extreme pressure, form black holes(if one tries hard enough), make stink bombs(very gross), etc...

Transmutation.ti

Yes, this is not the show Full Metal Alchemist. But, it kinda does the same thing. For those who don't know the show, here's how the Terran-Ixians do it:

1.They choose what to transmute.
2.They then manipulate each particle's properties and rearrange them individually in order to get the desired shape and property.
3.They watch The Simpsons, with special guest Will Wright, just kidding. :D

So basically, if you follow steps 1 and 2, you have achieved transmutation by turning one element into another. Sadly, philosopher stone is not included with the download of this program. You really don't need it anyways. :D

Minimize Maximize.ti

"No! I said No! This is not godzilla!" -Yuu

Back then when I said that they were normally 13 feet tall, this is what I meant. The contents of the picture from left to right: A two storey house, a human, a normal sized Terran-Ixian that is about to run a program and a Terran-Ixian that is maximized.

They maximize by gathering particles from their surroundings and then adding it to their body. Minimizing is done in the same fashion, but on reverse. They can be as small or as big as they like; however, if they are too small, they might get lost(think cell phase sized creature on Civ phase, very easy to get lost in a city). If they are too big, they might not find food big enough for them and they burn energy a lot faster, requiring them to eat more, which sometimes forces the enlarged Terran-Ixian to eat an entire city or two just to barely supply it's body with enough energy to stay alive.

Ultra Red.ti

Yes, it's a pun on Infrared data sharing. Basically, they can transfer their minds into electric equipment (for example: Others of their kind, Wexxians and Caeluminica, the Planetary Server) via their main sensory organs. All they need to do is face the recipient and wait until file transfer is complete, or else, the transfer will be interrupted and a fragment will form(on my next updates ;)).

It was used by the Terran-Ixians when they were still fighting for their masters. When they were heavily damaged, they just transfered their minds to their comrades before they completely deteriorated. This allowed them to live on and when they were pulled out from the battle, they were just transferred to a new body, ready for the next battle.

They can also use this to spy on their opponent's computer systems by entering them directly, ala Matrix/CodeLyoko.

Type-B

These programs are considered to be much more advanced than Type-A's. They directly manipulate the Superstrings themselves. By doing this, they can alter the four gravitational constants and literally change the way things get done.

Phasing.ti

(Terran-Ixians that are phasing-out in order to avoid damage.)

Well, MC Hammer, you really can't touch this. seriously. This is because these guys are phased-out. No, not the thing that happens to outdated stuff. What I meant was this:

This program allows the Terran-Ixians to partially place the particles in their bodies into a lower frequency level in the string. So low in fact that even though the particles collide with other objects, let's say a wall, they don't get hindered. This is because the particles are in such a low frequency that their energies do not collide much with the particles in a higher frequency. In short, you can-can't touch them.

HyperLink.ti

As you can see, Spiderman err a Terran-Ixian is making a HyperLink.

(Terran-Ixian, teleporting using a HyperLink.)

A HyperLink is an input/output device used by the Terran-Ixians to travel vast distances in space in a very short amount of time, almost instantly actually. Here's how it works:

They calculate the coordinates of every single particle in their body, calculating their destination, and then plotting the path every single particle will take in order to reach said destination.

They could also make i/o ports using HyperLinks. This is done by calculating the position of the input, calculating the position of the output, and then calculating the path every single particle will take to go to the other side. When a particle occupies the space of the input, it is instantly transported to the corresponding output.

There are currently two kinds of Hyperlinks: Two-ways, going back and forth and One-ways, going only one way(this is very useful when placed in labyrinths). :D

Gravity Editor.ti
(Sorry guys. All out of pictures.)

Not much to say. It just changes the amount of gravity. From super strong to super weak. You can also turn gravity to zero(no gravity) or much better, negative values! ;D When in negative, objects will not attract each other but instead, repel each other! every single particle! Kinda like exploding sheep. :D

Magnetic Editor.ti

Just like the previous editor, but instead edits magnetism. There are a lot of possibilities. Hovercars, forcefields and threeway compasses are just some of the examples of what this can do.

Nuclear Editor.ti

Edits the strong and weak magnetic forces.

Type-C

There are two reasons why this is called Type-C. First, we already finished both A and B. Second, it is the most powerful type of program, the program that does what no other program can, CREATE stuff, from no raw matter at all. But that doesn't mean it can make stuff exactly from nothing. It still needs an input and some reasonable amount of energy (2/5 of the known universe should do it nicely).

What makes it very special is that while other programs manipulate an already existing superstring, this can actually create a brand new superstring. Though this has not been done by the Terran-Ixians yet cause it is both very very very very hard and very very very very dangerous. One wrong input and BANG, no more known universe due to the massive amount of energy released by a single wrong input. ;D So it's actually better if they don't try it. ;)

Well, that about sums it up. :)

Feel free to ask anything. :)

Next time I'm gonna update on how they eat, breathe(if they ever breathe, that is), breed and think, since it won second place on the poll. ;)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 11:38:55 pm by Yuu »

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 06:11:25 am »
Hehe, the puns really kept the text interesting.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007, 06:30:38 am »
Indeed, now see, what I'm curious of is what is your definitions of the different types of creatures as you've refered to them.  You know, your type 1 through 5 scale.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 07:27:44 am »
Hehe, the puns really kept the text interesting.
Thanks Yannick. ;) I thought that slipping in puns and jokes in between the text would be able to break "the great wall of boredom inducing paragraphs" so I put them in. :D

Indeed, now see, what I'm curious of is what is your definitions of the different types of creatures as you've refered to them.  You know, your type 1 through 5 scale.
Thanks for asking, martyk. ;)

Here's how it works:

Type-1: A primitively organized group of beings having a noticeable yet minor impact on their homeworld. Simply known as tribes.

Type-2: A complex group of beings encompassing an entire world that have a major influence towards their surroundings. Simply known as planet-wide civilizations. Ex: The Spieroirs.

Type-3: A complex group of beings encompassing more than one star system. Simply known as spacefaring civilizations. Ex: The Willosaurs, The Barroc and Galactic Organizations.

Type-4: A complex group of beings that have reached a different form of existence, but have not completely reached "Illumination", the term used to describe the process of uncovering the "true" nature of the universe. Ex: The Nauceans, The Vis, The Communicants and The Caeluminicans.

Type-5: A complex group of beings that have reached "Illumination". Tell tale signs of these Civilizations include the astounding ability to seemingly alter or even defy the Normal Laws of Physics.

Hope that helped. :)

Offline KingAcer

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 12:13:17 pm »
 :o awesome
What did u make the pictures with by the way?

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 06:06:08 pm »
Hmmm.  So the TIs use a form of disjunction, huh?

And I like the classification system.  A type five civilization can use their "software" to change reality!  Cool!
* Plank of Wood slaps

QFT

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 08:14:13 pm »
:o awesome
What did u make the pictures with by the way?
M$ Powerpoint. ;D (easy, though very time consuming. But still great.)

Hmmm.  So the TIs use a form of disjunction, huh?

And I like the classification system.  A type five civilization can use their "software" to change reality!  Cool!
Thanks. :D The Luminicans really made a huge impact in making my guys. :) I really like their world a lot.

Oh yeah. About their programs, they actually have a very big problem when trying to use them. It's kinda funny actually when you find out what it is. But that's on the next updates. ;)

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 05:32:21 am »
Oh my, what big ships you have, really made me laugh.

Just out of curiosity, what are the TI's in their standards? Type 5?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2007, 07:07:22 am »
Oh my, what big ships you have, really made me laugh.

Just out of curiosity, what are the TI's in their standards? Type 5?
Their ships are kinda big. ;)

And yeah. the TI's and their enemies are both Type-5 civs. After the Communicant War is over, I can finally reveal their enemies. But for now... "They", are coming! Luckily, they're not bringing Chuck Norris with them. :D

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007, 07:13:53 pm »
Curse you for making me update the Lums!  :P
* Plank of Wood slaps

QFT

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2007, 10:51:37 pm »
Well, here it is. My next update:

Eating, Breathing, Thinking and Breeding. And Moving

This section details their bodily processes. So let's start off with:

Eating

Don't worry, he's not dead, just decapitated. We'll put him back together in no time, hopefully. Let's put that little issue aside now shall we?

As you can see, a Terran-Ixian's digestive system is divided into five parts: the mandible, the mouth, the esophagus, the high capacity nuclear stomach and the high capacity intestine. Together, these parts are used by the Terran-Ixians to process food into readily available energy. Here's how it works:

Step 1: Grab object with hands or bite directly with mandibles.
Step 2: Rip object to pieces with mandibles.
Step 3: Object enters the esophagus where it is ground up into very tiny pieces.
Step 4: Object enters the stomach to be bombarded by massive amounts of radiation.
(Protective glasses should be worn at all times. 8) 8) :o 8) 8) 8) )
Step 5: Energy released by the nuclear reactions are absorbed into the nervous system and stored in the body's tissues.
Step 6: Extremely radiation resistant objects which cannot be digested enter the intestine until it is finally expelled from the body via the opposite end of the digestive tract(Yuck! :P).

Breathing

Sorry guys. :'( I don't have anything to say about this one, since they don't breathe. They're machines, after all. ;)

Thinking

"I think therefore, I think. I think." --I actually don't know who said this. But, oh well.

The Terran-Ixians, being machines and all, have a very machine-like nervous system. Actually, their nervous system is also their circulatory system. First let's concentrate on their nervous function.

As you can see, the Terran-Ixian nervous system is composed of four parts: The Primary Nervous Cord, The Secondary Nervous Cord, The Main Sensory Organs/Devices, and The Central Data Core. These parts work together to form their nervous system. Following are the specific functions and descriptions of each part.

The Primary Nervous Cord: A long band of nervous tissue that spans the length of the entire main body. It is connected to both the Secondary Nervous Cords and The Central Data Core, and bridges the gap between the two. It's primary function is to coordinate the Terran-Ixian's movements. It also acts as an "emergency brain" if the primary one is down, under maintenance, damaged or completely destroyed.

The Secondary Nervous Cords: These cords are the nerves that run throughout the Terran-Ixian's entire body. They are responsible for making communication between each body part efficient.

The Primary Sensory Devices/Organs: A musical instrument invented in the times of These devices are the Terran-Ixian's primary way of sensing the world. They are connected to the Secondary Nervous Cords, which in turn, are connected to their brain(s). Unlike normal senses, these devices can function independently from their brain(s). All the information gathered by the devices are processed on the spot and are just sent to the brain(s) in the form of pictures, radioactivity scans, temperature scans, etc. Anyone can actually steal the Main Sensory Device and attach it to their computer and voila! a brand new, extremely accurate, energy sensitive, internal quantum anomaly detector! Though you should give it back to him, before he gets mad.

The Central Data Core: This is where all the Primary data processes are well, processed. This is also where Terran-Ixians store most of their data ie. memories. Though they could store it anywhere in their body, they prefer to store it here, just because it's name sounds cool and it is the most strategically efficient area to place data.

Although all the parts have different functions, they could actually share each other's workload. They do this when they perform programming, hence the red, Spiderman-esque glow.

Now, for it's circulatory functions:

Terran-Ixians, just like most machines, require electricity to function and stay alive. They get this energy when they eat food (duh). When their food is bombarded by radiation, it also becomes radioactive. The particles released by the food are then transferred into the electrostream( a bad pun on the word bloodstream, sorry.), which then distributes it throughout the body. They store the excess energy inside small nano-batteries located throughout their body.

Breeding

"They grow up so fast." --Yuu

Terran-Ixians reach maturity when they download the Reproduction.ti(shown below) from the main database.

They reproduce by assembling an egg inside their stomach(which must not be full during assembly) and laying it afterwards. It's kinda gross how their eggs are laid from their you know where, but all they normally eat are rocks, debris, IPods, Octopus Prime, spare parts, buildings, tanks, planes, nails, chainsaws, Gattling guns, time machines, Robozilla, bricks, anvils, my collection of Anime CD's, swords and other inorganic stuff, though that doesn't mean that they can't eat live and organic stuff ie. a Grue(preferably, a BIG one.).

After the egg is laid. It then takes from five minutes to eight months before it finally assembles itself completely. Afterwards, it hatches and eventually grows up into adult size.

Moving

Don't worry, they're not moving out of town or anything.

How will their awesomeness be of any use if they can't go anywhere? That's where this section comes along. This is actually divided into two sections, their Skeletal System and their Muscular System:

Skeletal

"He is not dressing up for Halloween, I swear!" --Yuu, after being caught by the police riding a bike at over 400km/s.

Here's the deal. They don't have bones as in normal bones. Their bones are made up of extremely flexible yet sturdy diamond infused carbon nano-tubes, along with some other structural enhancers. These "bones" are the main frame/support structure of the Terran-Ixian body. They are the ones that give their body it's shape. They are very resistant to shock and some bones actually give extra protection to their already resilient body ie. their neck bones.

Muscular System

"I may not know what weapons World War 2,314,581,209,108 will be fought with, but I do know that it will happen before World War 2,314,581,209,109." --Yuu

I know that the quote has nothing to do with my creature. But I just can't think of anything else to put in. Besides, inserting quotes before each section just adds to the coolness factor. Ok, back on topic.

Just like all the other parts of their body, their Muscular System are mechanical in nature. As you can see, their muscles are composed of little spheres that are connected to each other to form their muscle tissue(when I say tissue, I don't mean the ones that we use to clean stuff. What I meant to say is, the body of organized cells having the same appearance and function.).

Each of these spheres have two parts:

The Highly Elastic and Flexible Nervous Cells: These cells are the ones that control the individual spheres' movements. They are Highly flexible and elastic so that when the Terran-Ixian moves, the spheres just bend and stretch instead of being crushed. These spheres are in turn coordinated by the Secondary Nervous Cord.

The Dual Purpose Sensory/Locomotive Spheres: These are the green dots around the Highly Elastic and Flexible Nervous Cells. They act like small "gears" which move in unison in order to create a single organized action ie. lifting a leg. They get their orders from the Highly Elastic and Flexible Nervous Cells. If required, they can produce massive amounts of heat by rubbing against each other causing friction, which in turn produces heat, though this can cause internal damage to the Terran-Ixian, but that's a lot better than the alternative(freezing to death because of a freeze gun).

Well, that's about it. :)

Hope you guys like it. ;)

Looks like I'm gonna update Oh noes! They know about our weakness! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o next. ;)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 11:39:33 pm by Yuu »

Offline KingAcer

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2007, 07:05:15 am »
I love it  :D