Poll

No one can pass...

Let me break that illusion of yours!
Only my railgun can shoot it!
He is but a Zero, powerless and weak...

Author Topic: [OG-EY] The Terran-Ixians  (Read 44899 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
[OG-EY] The Terran-Ixians
« on: October 25, 2007, 09:26:01 pm »
Well, here it is. My new creature, the Terran-Ixian.

General Characteristics

Name: Terran-Ixian or TI

Type: Bio-mechanical, pentapedal, insectoid, asexuals

Lifestyle: Social Omnivore

Habitat: Urban

Size: 13-150+ft tall, 13-130+ft long

Weight: 7,500-90,000kg

Diet: Everything they can get their tentacles on, which aren't radiation proof

Combat Proficiency: 99.3593318%(focused), 13%(unfocused)

Defense: Diamond infused, radiation resistant, impact absorbing nano-spheres located on skin surface

Offense: Mandibles(Piercing), three hands(blunt), five extremely muscular feet(blunt)

Tools: Three hands with three fingers each

Eating: Grab object with the hands or bite directly with mandible. Rip object to pieces with mandibles. Object enters the esophagus where it is ground up into very tiny pieces. Object enters the stomach to be bombarded by massive amounts of radiation. Extremely radiation resistant objects which cannot be digested enter the intestine until it is finally expelled from the body via the opposite end of the digestive tract.

Lifespan: Alive as long as there is a steady supply of energy

Reproductive Rate: Reaches reproductive maturity by downloading reproduction program from database. Can reproduce anytime, anywhere.

Gestation Period: Virtually none. Egg is instantly laid after being assembled within the stomach(which must not be full during assembly).

Egg Incubation: Depends on how fast the offspring can assemble it's body which takes from 5mins. to 8mos.

Number of offspring: As many as they want

Offspring survival rate: Almost 100%

Background Overview

If you read the GalacticNews thread, I bet you're wondering why my creature uses terms like "backdoor" or "Hyperlink" which are commonly used in the field of programming. It's also likely that you're thinking why the background is kinda Matrix-esque. Well, just like the people of Zion in The Matrix, the Terran-Ixans are also master programmers. Other than that, they have reached a level of ascension that is both similar and vastly different from that of the Naucean's ascension. They call their ascension ILLUMINATION. Much like the Communicants, they have mastered the art of Mathematics. But unlike the Communicants who mastered disjunction, they mastered a very different form of mathematical manipulation, programming.

It all began when the TI's(Terran-Ixians) were just a small servant race created by their masters. They served in an empire that their masters ruled, with an iron fist. They were extremely devout servants. They didn't question their master's orders may it be good or bad, because they saw no bad in destroying worlds and enslaving other races, as long as it was their master's orders.

This all changed when they were able to tap into the deeper secrets of the crystalline resource they and their masters used, Alkahest. The mysterious red crystals contained vast amounts of knowledge about life, the universe, and everything, it was a book waiting to be opened. And it was opened when a Moriadne, a certain TI was conducting some quality checks on some crystals. He accidentally fell into one of the holding tanks, that is when his body fused perfectly with the crystals, he suddenly gained the vast knowledge within the crystals, thus he was Illuminated. This is the first time that a TI was able to fuse perfectly with Alkahest. Previous events just killed the TI being fused with the crystal.

When their masters learned about this, they scrambled their forces in order to eliminate the compatible TI. They did not want the TI to learn the secrets of Alkahest, lest the TI's become a real threat to their rule. The TI's masters have known about the secrets of Alkahest long before Moriadne was illuminated. They tapped the knowledge within the crystals to establish their empire throughout their galaxy and beyond, far, far beyond to be exact. They created a "protection" program so that when an organism other than them gains the knowledge within Alkahest, said organism will suddenly die. This was not the case with Moriadne, however. They knew that if Moriadne gathers some followers and spreads the knowledge to them, the TI's will finally discover the universal law and realize that they were just being fooled into doing unlawful acts like enslaving other races. And he did just that, and with some help from the user he was able to fend off the first wave of attack units. Moriadne was then able to convince all the other TI's to join their cause in liberating other enslaved races. It was not long enough that the conflict finally reached the RP Galaxy.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 03:18:26 pm by Yuu »

Offline KingAcer

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Ixians, have landed.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 02:43:33 am »
Wow, I like it  :D

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Ixians, have landed.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 06:20:37 am »
Thanks. :)

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Ixians
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 09:26:15 am »
Nice race, can't wait for them to become my Race's lacky"
the real saviour of this forum

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 07:36:51 pm »
awesome  :)
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 07:44:57 pm »
Thanks Opera :)

Well, here's an update.

Physiology

The Terran-Ixians are a bio-mechanical, pentapedal, insectoid race of asexuals. They are normally 13ft tall and 13ft long; however, they can grow up to 150ft tall and 130ft long by eating raw materials and adding it to their body by turning the materials into new cells; unfortunately, this leads to a higher energy consumption rate. They stand on their five muscular legs, two large legs at the front, two medium-sized legs at the middle, and one large leg at the back. They have three necks connected to their main body, each with it's own three-fingered hand. They see, smell, and hear using their nine main sensory organs(the glowing green things), one in each leg, one in each of it's three palms, and one in it's main body. Other than these simple functions, their main sensory organs can also be used to detect radiation and anomalies in magnetic and gravitational fields due to their extremely accurate, energy sensitive, internal quantum anomaly detectors, simply put, their main sensory organs act like the equipment used by scientists in particle accelerators. They feel and taste their world using their skin.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 11:20:22 pm by Yuu »

Offline Tavenknaughtlin

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Indescenant-wrath in a box
    • View Profile
Re: All about the Terran-Ixians
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 05:36:10 am »
Really cool. Love the body's design, very original  ;D.

Much like the Communicants, they have mastered the art of Mathematics.

Moriadne was then able to convince all the other TI's to join their cause in liberating other enslaved races.

Uh oh  :o. Looks like my guys have one more race out for their destruction, one that's got the same strengths (and more)  ;D.

Keep up the good work, can't wait to hear more  :).
I have photo paint, Taven style yarr :P.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 10:35:36 am »
Very cool.  A wee bit overpowered for my liking, but since you backed it up, I have no argument.  Very nicely done.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 12:39:17 pm »
Interesting unique race. Perhaps you could share more about the things they discovered, their philosophy of "freeing" other races and so on?

Offline PikMini

• Scramble Skipper
  • o_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 12:49:59 pm »
What can possibly feed those behemoths?

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 03:51:49 pm »
Mathematics.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 07:39:47 pm »
Thanks guys. ;D ;) :D :)

And now for some programming 101. :)

Programming

Some of you might have noticed that this guy looks like he's wearing a Spiderman costume for Halloween. Well actually, he's not. He is in the process of "programming". Programming is the manipulation of a multidimensional grid of "spore-space" through the application of both chaos and supersymmetric string theory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superstring_theory) in order to reconfigure the distribution of energy, thus rearranging the particles and changing their characteristics towards the desired result.

Their main sensory organs and other nerve cells glow red because their brains cannot support programming alone, they do this to supplement their brain with extra processing power(think of RAM) in order to ensure safe and successful programming. A planck length worth of mistake in programming can have very disastrous results. Eventhough they normally need to use all of their nerve cells in order to do it safely, some Terran-Ixians have gained so much experience that they are actually capable of programming with little help from their main sensory organs, there is actually one Terran-Ixian that is able to conduct programming on a whim.

Basically, they have Luminican like powers, the only difference is that they do it in the real world.

Hope you guys like it, I'll add more later. ;)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 11:20:45 pm by Yuu »

Offline Tavenknaughtlin

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Indescenant-wrath in a box
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 08:08:41 pm »
     Some of you might have noticed that this guy looks like he's wearing a Spiderman costume for Halloween. Well actually, he's not. He is in the process of "programming". Programming is the manipulation of a multidimensional grid of "spore-space" through the application of both chaos and supersymmetric string theory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superstring_theory) in order to reconfigure the distribution of energy, thus rearranging the particles and changing their characteristics towards the desired result.

Lol, that's pretty much exactly how my guys do Disjunction (which I described as an enhancement to traditional Chao Theory  ;D ). Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. It's nice to have more math-powered races in the galaxy  :D.

I'd like to see that huge spaceship they have at the center of the galaxy. That just sounds too cool  :D.
I have photo paint, Taven style yarr :P.

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 08:27:21 pm »
Meh, math We need more races who are obsessed with their insane way of living.

Or rather, MY insane way of living. (The Awesome, for those who don't know.)

Anway, nice critter. Interesting that as soon as the Wexxians dissapear, your guys pop up. Hmmmmm...  ;)

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 09:28:55 pm »
Meh, math We need more races who are obsessed with their insane way of living.

Or rather, MY insane way of living. (The Awesome, for those who don't know.)

Anway, nice critter. Interesting that as soon as the Wexxians dissapear, your guys pop up. Hmmmmm...  ;)
Yeah, I really miss those guys. Eventhough they were a bit too kind. ;) I hope Jack can come back, It would make the galaxy a whole lot livelier. :)