Author Topic: Advance Wars DS gets a 9.2 from GameSpot.  (Read 8353 times)

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
Re: Advance Wars DS gets a 9.2 from GameSpot.
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 11:30:46 am »
That's exactly the kind of stuff I want to hear. I'll definitely pick it up this weekend.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 12:42:53 pm »
It was alright in my opinion. I don't t think it's because its a bad game, I just think I don't understand the series well enough.

Once I play with it a bit more, I may enjoy it.

Offline FoxSpirit

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 08:50:19 am »
It took me a couple of plays of Spann Island to really understand the basics. From then on it's pure fun seeing how you can stomp the comp more effectively. Or go vs some people. Or learn the broken trio  ;D
Cellphone ringtones, the Chinese water-torture of our time.

Offline Cruithne

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Liquorice Bomb
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 11:18:48 am »
AWDS is a great game, but it is true that the previous two GBA incarnations were so incredible that this version pales a little in comparison. Having said that, I'm still happy to have it, and if you haven't played those earlier versions, then think of AWDS as a light introduction to two of the greatest turn based strategy games you will ever play.

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2006, 02:43:24 pm »
Yeah, I know, bump. Well, I got this game not too long ago. And it totally rocks(!) I have logged in about a day of playing it, beat campaign, and am now trying to buy the store out. This game is a must have for your DS, unless you don't enjoy strategy games. Great story, and it's really satisfying when you can log in 3 perfect 100s on your mission score. The survival modes are really damn hard though. >:( (for me, at least)

Offline Bkeela

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2006, 06:42:03 pm »
AWDS is a great game, but it is true that the previous two GBA incarnations were so incredible that this version pales a little in comparison. Having said that, I'm still happy to have it, and if you haven't played those earlier versions, then think of AWDS as a light introduction to two of the greatest turn based strategy games you will ever play.

The Advance Wars series is superb, but must come second to the truely greatest turn based game one could ever play: Civilization.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 10:53:33 am »
I agree, Advance wars is awesome.  But I hate those oozoids or whatever they're called in the campaign mode.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2007, 05:16:20 pm »
I got AW 2 for christmas, and I'm curios about something...There's a robot CO in AWDS, right? What're his abilities?