Author Topic: The Oohm  (Read 37787 times)

Offline KingAcer

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
The Oohm
« on: October 19, 2007, 05:56:05 am »
Hi I am KingAcer, member of the Sagan4 team.
I have watched these forums for a long time and I finally decided to make my own creature.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Oohm

Old version

New version:

The Oohm are one of two sapient creatures on their planet Oona. The other sapient creatures are called the Urgh, but they are not very advanced.

The Oohm live in the giant forest of the continent Eza. The other continent Oro is used for collecting resources and only workers live on it.
They all used to live in tribes that travel through the forest, but started forming villages and cities when they learned to control their food supplies. Some tribes still exist today because they simply enjoy living like their ancestors.
The Oohm are non religious and believe in science only, exept for some small tribes.

The Oohm became much more advanced and after they explored most of their planet, they started to explore space.
They were very interested in their own moon and began to study it alot. And after ages of rescearching, they were finally able to terraform it.
People started to live on it and the Oohm population grew very fast. They called the moon Ohboo.

One day, a scientist got a spoken message from an alien civilization inside a round metalic sphere. It was spoken in Oohm language.
The message came from the Ardians and contained information about them and a manual on how to contact them.
The Oohm replied the message and got a response back in just one week. After many years of communicating with eachother, the two races became friends.
When the Oohm were finally able to make spaceships that can reach the Ardians (the Ardians never gave the Oohm too much technology), they started trading resources with eachother. This lasted for a long time, until the Oohm received a message telling them that the Ardians had been attacked by alien invaders called the At'ur. The message contained information on how to build weapons for ships so the Oohm could help them.
The Oohm were shocked as they had never had any wars on their planet, some small fights between tribes maybe, but never wars.
They decided to help their friends and after several years, they were finally able to destroy the At'ur army. But it was too late.. the Ardians had been infected with an alien decease and where extinct within a few years after the war.
In fear of an At'ur invasion on their own planet, the Oohm started building lots of warships and train very good pilots.
Scientists try to find the homeworld of the At'ur to find out how many of them are left.

The Oohm mostly walk on four legs but can also walk on two legs if they want to. They walk on hands with long fingers and are very good climbers because of that.
They have one eye and six tentacles on their head. Their front tentacles have a knife like spike on them wich they use for cutting and stabbing things and the other tentacles can smell things. The tentacles are also used for grabbing things ofcourse.
The blue thing on their chest is a mouth and contains rows of teeth, they use their tentacle to bring food to it. The Oohm are omnivorous.

The skeleton of the Oohm is much more flexible than that of a human so they almost never break something. This is very usefull as they live in trees and are able to fall very hard.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope u guys like them  :)
I will post more detailed things about them later.

Picture made by Great Distance. Thank you Great Distance  :D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 12:18:57 pm by KingAcer »

gec05

Re: The Oohm
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 06:34:35 am »
Me like. ;D

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 07:11:40 am »
Wow, I really like these guys, I'd like to read more about their biology if you can get around to that. They seem cool, good job :)

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 07:31:25 am »
Welcome to the forums! And very nice race.

Biology could be cool, maybe some culture or religion as well?

Offline KingAcer

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 07:51:10 am »
Wow, I really like these guys, I'd like to read more about their biology if you can get around to that. They seem cool, good job :)
Welcome to the forums! And very nice race.

Biology could be cool, maybe some culture or religion as well?

Sure, what things would u like to know about their biology?
And I'll tell some things about their culture and religion too.

Glad u guys like my creature  :D

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 08:01:04 am »
pretty cool
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 08:18:32 am »
Maybe a bit of how their mouth works.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline KingAcer

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 09:47:50 am »
Maybe a bit of how their mouth works.

Sure, it's not that complicated though.
I'll make a drawing of it  ;)

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 10:56:19 am »
Nice race, and welcome to the forums! Hope you join the RP board.

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 12:01:22 pm »
Nice creture!  :D

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline KingAcer

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 01:17:48 pm »
Nice race, and welcome to the forums! Hope you join the RP board.
I would like to but I don't really know how that works  :P

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 02:41:01 pm »
Nice skeleton!

Offline KingAcer

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 06:50:19 am »

This is an Oohm fightership, specially designed for destroying At'ur ground forces.
It has two long range guns on the front of the ship, two short range guns on both sides of the ship and two rocket launchers under the ship for destroying armored vehicles.
It has different colours of brown to blend in with the muddy landscape of the Ardian homeworld.

I will do biology or culture next time, I just felt like making a spaceship today  :P

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 09:35:03 am »
Very cool spaceship, got this classic yet unique look. And about the RP, you can just join; most new comers introduce their race to the galaxy with an alien meeting RP where they are found by other races owned by other members of the forum and interact with them. I offer you the Urshans as the first race to meet if you are interested and guide you through the whole thing, or you can just open the thread and let other players interested join. Anyway there’s a RP guide you should read first that would explain a lot of things, written by Daxx.

And maybe you could explain about their inner organs, I am especially interested in their central neural system.

Offline Athalis

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • Here come the Gacuun...
    • View Profile
    • The Revenging Angels
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 12:20:47 pm »
Very nice mate I love it! You've inspired me to try and get my creature on here lol