Author Topic: The Meeting in Shonoharo - a union diplomatic meeting RP.  (Read 7695 times)

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
Re: The Meeting in Shonoharo - a union diplomatic meeting RP.
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2007, 01:01:11 pm »
"We and the Auyuelcliads have partitioned the remainders of the former Forthi state, and all Forthi fall under the CSDUA and the Yunimian Kingdom. They need no state, we rule over them now. At some point in time, perhaps twenty years from now, we will hold a referendum in the former Forthi worlds on the matter of independence."

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2007, 01:08:16 pm »
"Agreed."
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2007, 01:14:21 pm »
"What minimum amount of the electorate do we require at that point? We suggest 40%. The amount in favour must be 72%. If either side votes no, we will postpone it for ten years from that time."

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2007, 01:15:34 pm »
\\ Very well. What ever is good and agreed by our brothers the Forthi people. //

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2007, 01:17:54 pm »
"We believe 50% must desire Independence, and at least 75% majority will be required for a vote to pass. This is, of course, if we percieve the Forthi incapable of self-determination, no vote shall take place."
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2007, 01:21:45 pm »
An aide stepped forward from the sidelines of the meeting pulling up some information on the datapad.

"Grand leaders of the New Union, if i amy bring something to your attention?
Already polls across the galnet show that the Forthi people want the UAR and Yunimius Empires to take control over their government. A small 3% want the NFD to stay in power."

The aide stepped back into the shadows having said this.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2007, 01:25:42 pm »
"Then it is settled. The NFD is no more. Resistance activities will be punished harshly. Unity is paramount."

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2007, 01:28:33 pm »
"We will divide the New Forthi Delegation into a North and South. The Yunimian Kingdom will heavily develop the Northern Forthi Region, and enforce law using locals.

But another matter remains: the name of the New Union. It is widely known the Yunimius desire a new name, but have dropped the suggestion Grand Empire. We would suggest 'Democratic Union'"

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2007, 01:58:41 pm »
\\ Very well I am pleased peace has returned and order rules our union again.

About the name, we think a new name is a good idea but your suggestion “Democratic Union” insults us, as you must have suspected... Any other suggestions? We will agree to anything none imposing, something that could truly represent all the members of the union. //

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2007, 02:02:32 pm »
"Then how about the Free Union? This holds true to all of us, even the Forthi, for under our banner, they too have freedom. Or the Viian Confederacy, or Union, perhaps?"

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2007, 02:15:19 pm »
"I must admit the Free Union does sound good. We agree.”

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2007, 02:18:16 pm »
"We must also drop the 'of Races' in the lengthened version. We would suggest 'of States' or dropping it completely."

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2007, 02:21:06 pm »
“Indeed. I believe much has been changed since the union was created, maybe its time to think of some basic things we all stand for, perhaps a few laws all members agree on, ways to act in times of disorder, in times a government of a race is changed and in times of war from the inside or outside. All of this in order to avoid future conflicts that might occur perhaps sooner than we would expect.”

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2007, 02:26:33 pm »
"I say we all support freedom of speech, and freedom of movement. Anyone who wants to make a future and work hard, should be able to do so. Any more?"

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2007, 02:37:52 pm »
“I suggest “no acts of war without reasonable cause with either alien or in-union factions” as a basic rule, also “The will to help young races advance in our galaxy” is something we would like to see marked on our flag if you would be interested. “Freedom of religion and religious spread” is extremely important to us. At last “All citizens of the union would have the choice to be either judged by the local rule in the territory they acted or to be judged by the rules of the union”.

I shall open a new Urshan committee to discuss this and inform you if we have other ideas. What do you think about those I suggested?”