Author Topic: Progeny  (Read 47965 times)

Offline OathinBlood

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Cthulhu Cultist
    • View Profile
    • Genesis - Spore Game Forum
Re: Progeny
« Reply #210 on: July 12, 2008, 09:23:05 pm »
Well I formatted them as stated at first post,http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=10579.0 these are new species.
I meant bolding and underline, please. Other than that, your creatures are fine...though I think you'll have to modify the Scourgewing. Though it's not explicitly stated, wings should need some sort of precursor - remember, all life starts in the ocean - no exceptions. Even the fungus started from there once. Perhaps you can make some sort of floating algae as a precursor to the Scourgewing.
Quote from: Plank of Wood
It's a lot quicker to type normally than to move your finger over the shift button constantly, meaning you eat slightly more food in your life time. That extra food you have to eat could feed a whole nation of chinchillas!

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #211 on: July 13, 2008, 06:32:10 am »
OathinBlood (and others) please do some Sagan 4 species too!

http://sagan4.com/

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #212 on: July 13, 2008, 10:42:27 am »
Wouldn't that require the abillity to articulate them?  Never got that weird system you have there anyways.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 13, 2008, 01:17:18 pm »
Scourgewing
Creator: Bagder Man 22
Genes: Photosynthesis x2, Fins (Primitive) x1,
Description: This organism form unknown origins feeds through large amounts of photosynthesis to power its movement. The reason for movement is for better photosynthesis in certain areas flying form place to place.

Mineralworm
Creator: Bagder Man 22
Genes: Burrowing movement x1, Skin absorption x1, Mineral feeding x1
Description: This organism of unknown origins feed of the many minerals in the ground through its skin. It can also absorb oxygen directly to its blood stream through its skin.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline OathinBlood

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Cthulhu Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 14, 2008, 08:41:52 pm »
OathinBlood (and others) please do some Sagan 4 species too!

http://sagan4.com/
Hydro, I don't want to sound like a jerk, but could you stop advertising Sagan 4 in my thread? I acknowledge the fact that our projects are somewhat similar, but that doesn't mean that they are one and the same. Please, if I wanted to be a part of Sagan 4, I would. At the very least ask my permission to advertise in my thread - otherwise, please, stop mentioning Sagan 4 in this thread.

And that's better Bagder, thanks.
It's a lot quicker to type normally than to move your finger over the shift button constantly, meaning you eat slightly more food in your life time. That extra food you have to eat could feed a whole nation of chinchillas!

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 15, 2008, 08:27:08 am »
Well, since I made all these microvores, I deserve a carnivore.

Name Shreddersquid
Ancestor:Shreddersquid <- Studnode <- Tubesquid
Creator: Mae
Genes Added:x1 water-movement sensors, x1 carnivorous (snake-like) consumption
Genes Lost: Nutrient-sapping probuscus
Total Genes: x1 flagellated tenticles, x1 calcified shell, x1 solar energy nodes, x1 water-movement sensors, x1 carnivorous consumption
Description: Inevitably, the Studnodes were occasionally shaken off of the massive worldswallowers. These creatures were senseless, stupid, and blind. However, they needed to be fed, and developed new habits: just try to eat anything that moves. Somehow, these creatures managed to breed, and as thus began to suit their own niche, by reading the currents and latching onto whatever moved, inevitably ripping it to shreds.

Why yes, that is a Rora.

Offline OathinBlood

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Cthulhu Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 15, 2008, 02:23:03 pm »
Fearsome. Interesting art you have, Mae. The background is trippy cool.

By the way, people, I'm leaving on a grassroots backpacking trip to the rural corners of Southeast Asia tomorrow, and will be back in September. See you then.

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 15, 2008, 03:00:47 pm »
Mkay. Remember to post stop before DragonSage kills the entire forum with his creations.

:P

Offline DragonSage

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
    • Anabasis: An Evolution Game
« Reply #218 on: July 15, 2008, 03:43:13 pm »
I believe they call this "Beating you to the punch"  :D

Protoprimus
Creator: DragonSage
Genes: Plant Digestions x1, Long Body x1, Crawling Appendages x1
Description: A precursor of things to come, the Protoprimus is a worm that uses a small pair of leg-like appendages to scoot along the sea-floor of the shallows, eating algae as it goes.  It's simple design and flexible nature meant it could slither into the deeper ocean, and for short spurts, even onto the beach.

Spoutroot
Genes: Fungal Consumption x1, Water Retention x1, Water Intake Channel x1
Description: A basic fungus growing on the shores of bodies of water, the spoutroot dug its roots at a diagonal, so as to tap into the limitless water resourse it so closely hugged.  These roots were highly conductive of water, and with a slightly porous top and a favorable tide, would take in water so quickly that the little fungus would appear to spout water from its top.

Feederkrill
Genes: Plant Digestion x1, Curved Tube Body x1, Tube Swimming x1
Description: Looking a lot like a small shrimp or krill, the plain feederkrill was a permanently bent worm in a C shape.  This allowed it to spurt forward as it took in water and expelled it from the same side.  While innefficient in comparison to other soft-bodied organisms of the era, it stayed close to the stalks of anchor wood that sustained its vast numbers.

Sheenshell
Genes: Reflective Shell x1, Hinged Shell x1, Filter Feeding x1
Description: Looking like a living pearl, the nearly spherical sheenshell had the unique trait of a highly polished shell, maintained by a combination of excretions and symbiotic bacteria on the shell's surface.  And oddity, no doubt, the sheenshell was also the first sighting on Xelos of the hinged, bivalve shell, which allowed it to slowly open and close the shell along a well-disguised seam to allow in and out a flow of fresh, nutrient-rich water.

Tempradrakum
Genes: Long Body x1, Flesh Digestion x1, Multipurpose Appendages x1
Description: A flesh-eating counterpart to the protoprimus, the tempradrakum used its appendages to both crawl and occasionally glide through the water for short periods of time.  It's primary prey was indeed the protoprimus, and due to their similar size, a tempradrakum would often just slide up behind an unsuspecting protoprimus and keep moving forward, digesting the prey tail first.

Infantry
Genes: Fast Reproduction x1, Long Spines x1, Filter Feeding x1
Description: Swarming the seafloors where they drifted, the creatures known only as the infantry would quickly overtake and area as they drifted through.  Eternally migrating from food sourse to food sourse, their relentless march was never over, nor the hunters at their back.  Their long spines helped keep them relatively safe, but as with any infantry unit in enemy territory, there will be casualties.
Got time to kill?  Like evolution style games?  Play Progeny and want to do somelthing while waiting for an update?  Check out my own spin on it, Anabasis:
http://z9.invisionfree.com/anabasis/index.php?

Offline BumpyRide

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Definitely Bumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 15, 2008, 03:47:05 pm »
Dragonsage is exactly what slows down the whole project, after looking at this.  :P

Offline MinotaurWarrior

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 15, 2008, 06:44:36 pm »
Have fun, and learn how to teleport people who you only know via online aliases to your current location, while gaining some motivation to use that super-power on me.

Offline Sliver Slave

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 26, 2008, 12:45:13 pm »

Flashing Rora
Creator: Sliver Slave
Ancestry: Flashing Rora <- Rora
Genes Added: Fast Swimming x1, Colour changing (random) x1
Total Genes: Plant Digestion x1, Bright Pigment x1, Fast Swimming x2, Colour changing (random) x1
Description: These descendants of the Roras are similar, but slightly faster, and they can randomly change their colour. This can sometimes confuse predators, allowing thir faster speed to get them away.

Did I format that correctly?

I might post some more things later.

Offline DragonSage

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 26, 2008, 07:42:33 pm »
Yes, that is formatted correctly.
Got time to kill?  Like evolution style games?  Play Progeny and want to do somelthing while waiting for an update?  Check out my own spin on it, Anabasis:

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #223 on: November 25, 2008, 01:03:43 am »
Please do more. I liked this project.

Offline DragonSage

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 28, 2008, 03:01:38 pm »
I haven't given up on this yet, Oath.  *threatens with making more stuff*