Poll

What do you want to know more about?

History: Evolution of writing
Culture/Politics: Drugs
Biology: Evolution of Eyecon
Religion:Dismission of Aqiana as a goddes
Tech: Intergalactic Travelling

Author Topic: [OG]The Eyecons  (Read 18475 times)

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
[OG]The Eyecons
« on: October 02, 2007, 01:28:08 pm »

This is an Eyecon. Eyecons are known for their infrared and night sight. Their brown stripe on the top is directly connected to their brains, giving them infrared vision and night sight on command. They can use tools with their front paws, but because of their sharp toes, they rarely used them in the early Primal Age. The snakelike thing on the bottom is their mouth. It's expandable and can also be stored inside the Eyecon's thick skin.

Appearance:
Height: 140-160 cm (Campians) 180-200 cm (Argians), 70-90 cm(Solis)
Sight: Extremely developed (Infrared + Night)
Hearing: Weak (No distinguishable sounds, only locations)
Taste: None
Touch: Sensitive at paws and mouth. Able to feel vibrations.
Smell: High (Radioactive particles)
Diet: Carnivore
Speed: Medium-Fast
Power: Powerful
Reach: Short (Mouth cannot be extended alot and arms only are 50cm long (20 inches)
Intelligence: Planetary

Primal Age

Age of Discoveries:
In this time, the Eyecons started making discoveries like fire, some basic physics and some basic architecture. In this era, somewhere Lower Age of Discoveries, the most prominent creation was the Ardachi. A small, arachnoid robot created with wood and the leftover strands of brown strands that are created during birth. These strands are clipped off, and attached to the Ardachi, giving it a small brain (Because the Sind (Sight band) has a nervous system of it's own. This gives the Ardachi a personality similar to Earth's dogs. It was used to track big animals, so the Eyecon wouldn't get in danger. This got discarded after time because the technology was too dependent on new births. Was later on re-used in the Galactic Age to scout for potentially dangerous species.

Ardachi

Age of Materials.
During the Age of Materials, the Eyecon mastered making tools out of other materials other then bone. These were Vronzium, Yrim, Stelium and Einsteinium. Beryllium still was too hard to use as a material, although there was plenty of those. It wasn't until the Upper Age of Materials that they've learned how to chip of Beryllium into usable objects. Somewhere near the end of the Upper Age of Materials, they've learned how to re-use these chips, making Beryllium the most used and strongest material on Yrnia, their home planet.

Age of Technology.
During this age, the Eyecon started making more and more inventions. One of this inventions was Nicronosis. This was a chemical reaction using Einsteinium, which was a high and fast reacting component, Vronzium and a bit of Liferon. This fluid was able to revive the dead for a short period of time. Although it wasn't until the Age of Urban Contact that is was used, to solve homicides, genocides and other -cides.

Explorer's Age.
This is the period where the Eyecon's started making contact with other tribes and eventually other species on other planets.

Age of Urban Contact.
This is the phase where Eyecons started waging war, making alliances with other tribes, made trade routes. This is where the intelligence kicks in. There are, just like with humans, different races of Eyecons. These are the 3 main ones:

Eyecons of The Hill.
Your regular green eyecon. Brown sightband, green skin to blend with the grass and tall legs.

Eyecons of The Heat.
Red or orange, sometimes brown eyecons. They have always have a darkred headband. They are small to avoid heatloss, and to absorb as less heat as possible.

Eyecons of The Night.
The Eyecons are grey, with a black sightband. As big as possible to absorb heat.

Age of International Contact.
In this period, races get slaughtered, enslaved, released and industrialised in a matter of a few hundred years.

Because the Night Eyecons were the biggest, they got slaughtered because of fear of getting trampled by them later when they gain more knowledge, then they got enslaved for their power and height, afterwards protestors demanded that they were released again, and after that they got offered jobs, albeit lesser payed then others.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 04:26:35 pm by Yannick »

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline PikMini

• Scramble Skipper
  • o_o
    • View Profile
Re: The Eyecons
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 03:11:43 pm »
Cool, except wasn't this already posted, or am i just crazy.  ???

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 05:24:30 am »
I couldn't make a new poll, and I overally just wanted to bring my creatures back from the dead with new public-chosen options.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 05:33:02 am »
Cool, except wasn't this already posted, or am i just crazy.  ???

I thought it was Deja Vu, I guess not. But yeah, it's still cool.

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 06:44:15 pm »
Coolio creature!

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 08:47:01 pm »
I couldn't make a new poll, and I overally just wanted to bring my creatures back from the dead with new public-chosen options.

I once replaced my old creature thread with a new one.... I wonder what happended to it?
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 11:43:05 am »

The Yrnia Eyecon Races.

Eyecons of the Hill: Campian Race or Campians
Left Eyecon. A medium-sized race, they inhabit Campibus mostly, a great field full of green plants and lots of hills. These Eyecons are the furthest developed with technology. They try to help the Argians defeat the Solan in the Darkness Genocide times.

Eyecons of the Night: Argian Race or Argians
Middle Eyecon. The biggest race, they inhabit Argiorum mostly, a rocky field with lots of caves, that they inhabit. They are the least advanced. They inhabit the caves, warm themselves with fire and eat caught animals, instead of domsticating them. They are rapidly advancing through the help of the Campians.

Eyecons of The Heat: Solian Race or Solan (plural: Solis)
Right Eyecon. The smallest race. They inhabit Solus mostly, a huge desert. They survive there, by using dried sticks and Iknan fibers to make camps underneath the sand, keeping them cool until it gets colder so they can hunt, considering the temperatures in Solus can reach up to 85c.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 10:41:40 am by Yannick »

Offline Somarinoa

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Vuunega Forums
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 02:12:43 pm »
Can't wait to read more. I'll vote after the biology is filled out, assuming the vote is still open by then, of course.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 02:40:58 pm »
Keep up the good work! Always nice to so sime real alien fellows. I vote for religion.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 08:18:49 am »
Ok, here's the biology:

First, their skeletal structure. They have 4 "spines" and 4 rows of ribs, who are connected to the spines, to serve as a protection against predator. To breath in, it uses the sinews that attach the ribs to the spines. The sinews contract to breath out, and extend to breath in. The whole endoskeletal cage is his only bone structure. In the cage is his skull. Containing his brain, optic fiber contacts and eyes. On the outside layer of this endoskeletal cage, is a flexible, cartillage-like tissue, which is hard enough to give some support, but flexible enough to allow breathing.

Now a bit more about their mouths. Their serpentine like mouth contains 3 important things. Their radioactivity sensing organs which is the red thing, the secondary breathing holes, where air also enters when breathing in, this is used to localize the radioactivity precisely. Then their mouth, which is always open. It's his primary way of breathing, feeding and reproducing. The serpentine mouth of a male, has a small appendage inside, which can be stretched. The male then injects semen in the female egg pods. The female then regurgitates the fertilised egg pods, which start to grow. This will eventually lead to baby eyecons. For breathing, it usually breathes through it's mouth, which is basically a huge gaping hole with teeth in it. But while regurgitating or feeding, it breathes through it's 'skin'. It actually breathes through many the many small holes in its radioactivity sensing organ. That way, they can taste the food, without taste buds. Now, for their mouth for feeding purposes: It's teeth have a very interesting quality. Back when Eyecons where parasites, they could tilt it's teeth to stick right infront, then it would tilt the teeth back to grip firmly unto it's prey. Now, the eyecon can do that, but faster. When it has killed it prey, or when it's going to eat it's meal (They eat the same in tribal or civ stage), they put their mouth to the food, and let the teeth do to work. It's their equivalent of chewing. The food gets hacked into small pieces, then travels to the stomach, but get digested a bit while getting there due to their throats being covered with enzymic slime, that slowly breaks it apart. Then right before going to the stomach, it goes in some kind of acid bath, that kills all the bacteria, incase the meat is full with bacteria. Then it goes to the stomach, where the pepsine and stomach acids do the rest of the work. Then the food gets dumped in a water bath, that goes to a kind of bladder, that excretes the liquid through their feet. The remaining food goes through a long colon, that undoes the food of all the liquid, which it uses for it's own body. Then it sucks out all the remaining nutrients. These get adsorbed and then absorbed by the blood vessels. The remaining waste get's excreted through a hole close to the mouth.

Crafting Eyecon making a spear.

Uses for their serpentine mouth:
Because of the eyecon possibility of a 360 view, it can easily stand on 3 legs. So to make tools and use, they use a paw, and their serpentine mouth. How this works? Well, you know the mouth can only extend that much, and it's more or less the distance to a paw. It's very flexible, and can easily grab around things. This is how they are able to make spears and such. Their serpentine mouth blocks the pole from moving, while its paw works it, either with its claws or with another tool.

Poll is reopened!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 11:22:12 am by Yannick »

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 08:49:56 am »
Cool. Keep up the good work!

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 11:08:22 am »
All pictures uploaded.

NOTE: Technology is used for advancements in time.

Thus, when you choose for technology, we go from The Age of International contact, to the Age of Interplanetary Contact.

EDIT: Eyecon fanart from Somarinoa!

To stop confusing people:

They have "hind" legs and "front legs", although a real hind and front can't be seen. Their hind paws have 4 digits, and their front ones have 3, which makes it easier to grab stuff.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 11:11:08 am by Yannick »

Offline Somarinoa

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Vuunega Forums
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 05:14:01 pm »
Change my vote (Technology) to Religion.
;D
Go go power Eyecons!

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 05:17:06 pm »
That means religion wins

The Eyecon have a fairly interesting religion. Things they cannot recreate are not considered as a god(ess).
So far, after all technology they only have 2 gods and 1 godess left.

Myagmus = The God of Lava = Eyeconian = pF-AA-EO
Aqiana = The Goddes of Water = Eyeconian = U-A-U-O
Geunicus = The God of Earth. = Eyeconian = UU-E-pF

They believe that Geunicus was the first god to appear, and that they live on his body. And when earthquakes happen, they believe it's Geunicus trying to whip them from his back. Geunicus then met Aqiana, the Goddes of Water. She is considered all the water on Yrnia. She sometimes gets angry with Geunicus, and tries to cover him with water. This is what we call tsunamis. Eyecons call it "I-II-UU-O" or "The Wrath of Aqiana". But overally all went well and Aqiana and Geunicus had babies. These were all the ex-demi-gods. But they've all been recreated, some of they were Elixtranus, God of Lightning, Pyrios, God of Fire and Helius, God of Combustion. Also as they disproved them all as gods, only one was left, Myagmys, God of Lava. They couldn't recreate magma, so he stayed. Eventually, they made him a full god, and not a demi-god. This god is a spicy little fellow. He often spurts of in a rage, and kills all Eyecons that come near him. This is called an eruption for us. They call it "PFF-I-I-OO-U" or "The idiot is at it again!".

They generally hate Myagmus, also known as the God of Chaos. Because you never know where he's going to go on a rampage. With Aqiana, you knox it'll always come from the seas. But random spouts of lava have been known to arise in Yrnia.

So, in a nutshell, Eyecon are religious atheists.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 05:49:06 pm by Yannick »

Offline Somarinoa

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Vuunega Forums
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 05:54:19 pm »
They call it "PFF-I-I-OO-U" or "The idiot is at it again!".
Hahahaha...awesome.