Author Topic: Halo 3 ending Foreshadow  (Read 7824 times)

Offline MrCrowley

• Wizard of Wor
  • New Chips ahoy!'they'l make ya go paranoid!
    • View Profile
    • Matt Groinings theory of evolutions...or theory of homer simpson
Halo 3 ending Foreshadow
« on: September 30, 2007, 08:45:07 pm »
STOP! do not read this post if you have not beaten Halo 3 on Legendary.

When we left Master Chief he was drifting in what was left of Forward unto Dawn with Cortana. Never returning to earth, he is presumed dead. The Ark has closed due to the blast from the New Halo and the only means of escape is by sending out a distress beacon. Master Chief is left stranded, somewhere in the galaxy frozen in a Chryo Pod. A distant sun comes into view and we see distant planet looming nearby. Suddenly the sun reveals the planet and illuminates it entirely, we see a pattern of lights. Showing that the planet is highly civilized. Worst of all we instantly hear extremely ominous music in the background and He and Cortana are slowly drifting to it.

Is it a new hostile Species? Some sort of Super Forerunner Death Star? What do you think this deathly Fore-shadow means?
What will happen?

Masked the Spoilers
-Danz

Thanks Danz
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 07:10:40 pm by MrCrowley »

-This second one is Matt Groening's theory of Homer Evolution.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEyt8qqaWD8&mode=related&search=

-This first one is Matt Groening Version of the powers of 10.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCfDRvDWid0

Mat

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Halo 3 ending Foreshadow
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 08:51:42 pm »
What will happen?

A decent trilogy will be milked for all that it's worth at some point in the near future.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 08:55:18 pm »
*Crosses fingers that the story will be continued in (graphic) novel form*

Video games are all well and good, but with time comes new consoles/operating systems, and new games that will only run on them. My current gaming system armerment is an Xbox and a PC running XP... and I'm not going to be upgrading either for at least a year or more.

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 10:13:07 pm »
Well we can count out the fact that its a Human Planet as there would be no need too go into Cryo and send a distress signal. My best guess its either the Dyson Sphere (I hate refereing too the books its retarded) or it could either be a Covenant world or some new species thats either friendly or hostile. Those options or its just a normal uninhabited planet. As for right now I really hope they dont go along with a Halo 3 Movie thats just dumb even if it is made by Big J and they should just cancel Halo Wars because frankly its just milking it a bit too much. I do however hope they continue with the Arbiter's storyline I was really dissapointed how they threw most of it out the window because unlike the Bungie Forum noobs I actually liked his story and im not a MC nut hugger. (LOLZ TEH CHEIFZ IS AWSOME GUYS ARBATAR IS NOOB HES AN ALIEN WITH A PERSONALITIY UNLIKE THE ONE DIMENSIONS CHEIFZ!!!11-75% of Bungie Forumers)

All in all the Halo series was great but they either have too move onto a different game or continue the series some other way that doesnt mess up the entire genre. My 2cents.
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline MrCrowley

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 11:12:23 pm »
I swear i counted more then 2 cents man, lol

no! I loved the Halo series, now its gone forever. The reason why the Halo movie is in halt is because Peter Jackson is demanding a bigger budget then what bungie can offer him, and because fat 'ol peter things he owns the Licensing there not gonna be a Halo movie until we find a compromise. Fire the fat bastard, if i was bungie i wouldnt pay him the 1.7 million dollars i just made for budget just so he could screw the hell out of just like he did the Lord of the Rings. I would like a Halo the includes Johnson, Cortana (and knowing peter) Master Chief. Fire the pig, Im not shooting Halo in New Zealand.

Mat

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 12:07:29 am »
What will happen?

A decent trilogy will be milked for all that it's worth at some point in the near future.

Oh come on.  Did you really think they're going to end a franchise like Halo that makes millions.  That's like assuming Diamond and Pearl is the last Pokemon game, or Twilight Princess ended the Zelda series.  Besides, Bungie have said they're done with Halo for the time being.  The series is undoubedly going to be continued by spin-off games like Halo Wars and the books/graphic novels.  But there is no sequel for the foreseeable future.

I believe the ending is a build up to the Marathon series, at the beginning of that game you wake up from stasis on a mysterious planet, 300 years in the future.  Obviously there are holes in that theory, but I'm pretty sure that's what Bungie were going for.   :)  Master Chief is the Marathon man.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 09:23:06 am »
Just some sort sort of time machine planet that brings him back to the first game.
the real saviour of this forum

gec05

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 01:43:31 pm »
I missed this ending. Cool, so I guess the Marathon thing does make sense.

Offline shock223

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 02:58:25 pm »
not really. in Marathon, the guy is tasked with humanity's first colony ship. in Halo, there are colony ships all around and humanity had an an empire.

that was before the convent started to wipe it out.

Offline MrCrowley

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 08:23:15 pm »
I never played marathon before, but i just read a little synopsis on it on Wikipedia and it seems very much like Halo 1. even though they were most likely inspired to make Halo from marathon, i think that they are trying to forget their past.

I gaurentee that Bungie is going to sell the rights to Halo 3 ending to either an author or another gaming studio. Better yet, they may be doing what Bethesda is doing, leaving the series alone for the time being and focusing on a new series only to return years later. The time between the end of Halo 2 and the start of Halo 3 is told in a comic book.  Bungie, right now, is filthy rich, and if Halo fans and nerds keep buying the books and comic books i think their company will survive the decades to come. Im sure they could make a great game with 2 million dollars. Who knows, maybe some time in 2014 when the finish their new game series they will return to the Halo series and well finally see what happens to Master Chief...Like cortana said," It could take years."

Mat

gec05

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 08:44:44 pm »
That would be smart of them so they don't look like they're milking their product.

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 03:25:02 pm »
Hey all I was looking in a Halo thread about your best screenshots and I came across an interesting one where the guy had taken a picture of the Planet that the Ark was built around check it out.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/Patawan/2591314-Full.jpg

It does appear too be quite barren but there is a strange plate going around part of it....very strange indeed. What do you guys think it is? I for one think its a Sentinel world where they manufacture large ammounts of them.
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline MrCrowley

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 07:31:09 pm »
Wait? a planet that mass produces sentinels...that sound awful like on of the Halo books. That is probably like the forerunner home world or something. Sense the ark is the "mother of all halos" its more then possible that forerunner were centered around in that area. If you played Halo 3 then you remember the last level. That was the most useless piece of junk ever created. It was nothing but panels as far as the eye could see. I felt that i was driving on like a keyboard. I think its some sort of Forerunner Panel land.

Mat

Offline El Stevo

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 07:58:41 pm »
If you played Halo 3 then you remember the last level. That was the most useless piece of junk ever created. It was nothing but panels as far as the eye could see. I felt that i was driving on like a keyboard. I think its some sort of Forerunner Panel land.
Hahaha awesome. They sould have called the level that.
Don't touch the screen!
Rank 4: Elite
Gamertag - El Stev0  |  Last.fm
Overwhelmed, as one would be, placed in my position.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 11:57:07 pm »
not really. in Marathon, the guy is tasked with humanity's first colony ship. in Halo, there are colony ships all around and humanity had an an empire.

that was before the convent started to wipe it out.

Well, like I said it doesn't make perfect sense.  There's also the fact Marathon makes no mention of Cortana and that the guy wears Mjolnir mark IV armour, instead of VI.  But the Marathon games were made many years before Halo, and I think a few holes can be ignored on that bases, especially if the rumour of a Marathon remake are true.

But I do think it's more likely it'll be some other planet to continue Master Chiefs adventures in a future game, book or even the movie.  Perhaps it's Onyx, or even the Prophet homeworld - they only claim it was destroyed.   :)