Author Topic: Future is Wild - children's version (STU-PID!)  (Read 11082 times)

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
Re: Future is Wild - children's version (STU-PID!)
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2007, 04:52:20 pm »
Well, while that was a horrible slap in the face of science, look on the bright side.  It'll attract kids to the topic and mabey it will actually have decent information in it.  Who knows, mabey it will be the next generation's magic school bus.  After all, they need better educational television for kids than dora. 
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2007, 07:11:53 pm »
Well, while that was a horrible slap in the face of science, look on the bright side.  It'll attract kids to the topic and mabey it will actually have decent information in it.  Who knows, mabey it will be the next generation's magic school bus.  After all, they need better educational television for kids than dora. 

Isn't Dora that freak with the head that must be somewhere near as massive as Jupiter? I saw a toy of that thing in the shops yesterday and it looked like it was about to fall on this little kid because the head weighed so damn much :-\

The Magic School Bus did dumb science down but as if any child would actually understand it if it hadn't. I guess the did an alright job.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2007, 11:35:04 pm »
As I watched this, I heard the cries of a thousand flish cry out in the eternal suffering of the endless deep sorrow, eyes chared out in a seering fire, and cast down beyond the unrelenting, unfathomable depths of a dark, fiery eternal, hellish doom of cruel damnation, in the armagedon of blackened infinity!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 10:03:10 pm by Crazen »
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2008, 10:37:50 pm »
You're acting like all of us were speaking like this.

Also, do you see any of us swearing and insulting like that in our posts. :/ It's really irritating to read, worse than leet speak even.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline TEH

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2008, 11:49:36 pm »
Don't be so cynical. I know that kids TV kinda sucks, but The Future Is Wild kids version is the wrong show to hate. Its artistically stunning, a real achievement for Discovery Kids, and while sure, maybe it has a few redundant episodes, it has a lot less than most other kids shows. It seems a little cliche, but its actually not so. The characters get a lot more likeable as it goes along. It deserves another season.
Its a show that challenges human survival in a lot of neat ways.
I think its pretty ****in unique by the industry standards. I hope you guys don't just write to hate and be smug. Cynicism sells, but it doesn't make you grow an inch is all.  ;)

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2008, 06:03:03 am »
Don't be so cynical. I know that kids TV kinda sucks, but The Future Is Wild kids version is the wrong show to hate. Its artistically stunning, a real achievement for Discovery Kids, and while sure, maybe it has a few redundant episodes, it has a lot less than most other kids shows. It seems a little cliche, but its actually not so. The characters get a lot more likeable as it goes along. It deserves another season.
Its a show that challenges human survival in a lot of neat ways.
I think its pretty ****in unique by the industry standards. I hope you guys don't just write to hate and be smug. Cynicism sells, but it doesn't make you grow an inch is all.  ;)

That was a very detailed write-up for why we shouldn't be cynical. However, it won't stop me from hating this show. Snark Snark Snark. ;)
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2008, 08:23:23 am »
Why did you move your post under mine?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2008, 11:55:42 am »
As I watched this, I heard the cries of a thousand flish cry out in the eternal suffering of the endless deep sorrow, eyes chared out in a seering fire, and cast down beyond the unrelenting, unfathomable depths of a dark, fiery eternal, hellish doom of cruel damnation, in the armagedon of blackened infinity!

'Limeade Syndrome'.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline OldSnakeWontDie

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2008, 05:29:58 pm »
They just need to stop with the remakes of cartoons.