Author Topic: Ropidians - The Development of a Space Civilisation (In Progress)  (Read 52755 times)

Offline Nurjehan

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: Ropidians - The Development of a Space Civilisation (In Progress)
« Reply #165 on: April 12, 2009, 01:41:13 pm »
C
B
D

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
  • You sunk my battleship.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2009, 09:11:40 pm »
?ED
CBD
?BD
CBD
EDA
CDA
CEA
CAA

CB? wins.  Date: 170/Burn/6049, 563/Bake/0001

CG-3 proved uninteresting in many ways, save one; gas reserves.  The high pressure and low temperatures had conspired to create huge deposits of methane, hydrogen and other industrial gases over time.  Our survey team concluded that once we have equipment to operate in a high  pressure environment, we should definitely consider and expedition to this world.

Vus was about to decide where to go next when Sekus picked up something interesting on their scanners.

“Sir, I’m reading a warp field in sector 8C; its size is indicative of a large ship of some variety.”

“Any idea whose or what it’s doing?”

“No, sir; it seems to be staying as is for now,” she replied.

“Hmm,” Vus mused aloud, “…an interesting if somewhat foreboding occurrence.”

Indeed…

A)   Move on to CG-1 (a medium-sized rock planet, we have detected no atmosphere and traces of mineral deposits)
B)   Move on to CG-2 (a small planet with a thin atmosphere and searing temperatures)
C)   Move on to CG-5 (a miniature gas giant with several small moons)
D)   Move on to CG-6 (a larger gas giant with more moons)
E)   Head home
F)   Head on over to this mysterious ship

Long shot

Flaming Sword adjusted his scope slightly to get a better focus on the podium, his true target; he was going to play it fairly safe.  Taking his time, controlling his breathing and letting a rhythm develop, just like he’d seen in countless movies (the nearest thing he had to sniper training), the moment of truth came.  With a muffled bang, the bullet was out of the barrel and soon lodged in the podium, some six inches below Paroli’s chest.  He drew back the bolt and prepared another shot; she was already running for cover, though, and the crowd was panicked.  With some satisfaction, Hronne packed up his rifle and slipped out of the hospital.

Mission Accomplished

Bitter divisions

The lobbyists have really been at it this time.  Only two positions exist now; ship construction to Lasko or everything to UTZC.  Anything else is seen as ridiculous.  This puts the treasury minister in a bit of a bind; whatever he does will upset someone quite badly.

How should he resolve this

A)   Award the whole thing to UTZC
B)   Let UTZC handle the routes and give ship construction to Lasko
C)   Defer the matter to Io
D)   Let the situation develop by fudging a response
http://chronospore.7.forumer.com/ - home of the Ropidians
http://elbonis.myminicity.com - home of the Elbonians

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2009, 07:36:24 am »
DD
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2009, 07:45:12 am »
F
D
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 02, 2009, 08:17:10 pm »
FB
FB
F-
FB
FB
DD
FD

FB wins.  Date: 171/Burn/6049, 569/Bake/0001

There was little sense in not checking out the new arrival whilst it was still there, so Vus gave the order to take the Celesta to within 10 kilometres of her target.

“Lieutenant Sekus, report!”

“Target is approximately 12 clicks out from our location, bearing 023 degrees, vector -11.  She is about one kilometre in length, 200m across; currently stationary.”

“Bring us in closer, see if she notices us,” ordered Vus.

“Oh, and try to get some communication signatures; we might have already met these fellows!” chimed in Ulo.

“Aye, aye, sirs,” replied Sekus.

Silence prevailed over the bridge as the distance was closed between the two vessels.  Secretly, Kius really wanted to tell his commanders of his studies of Kalimbo literature and its structure whilst Ulo was thinking about all the chips he had lost in their last poker game.  Only Vus kept his mind focused on the task at hand, and it was fortunate that he did.

At 8 clicks, Sekus spoke: “Sir, the target is moving towards us.  Communication and engine signatures: Incha.”

Uh-oh…

A)   Attack!  Attack!  Attack!
B)   Withdraw to a safe distance so we can properly arm our torpedoes and fighters
C)   Hail them
D)   Run away!

One stone

The botched assassination of Paroli has worked out quite nicely for our friends across the globe.  The wide berth by which the shot missed has led many to question whether this was actually a set-up to boost her popularity.  Given the Kolese origin of the bullet and her political platform, it all seems like an attempt to smear Tegas for political gain.  For the Cult, they’re satisfied that tensions have been stirred up; that was, after all, their main aim.  Hronne has been left to his own devices and must now assign tasks to the cell members.

We can…

A)   Raise funds (Via criminal activity - this will improve our relations with HQ)
B)   Recruit members (NB – don’t expect more than one or two, and only after some time)
C)   Train up
D)   Improve the base (Improves morale and improves our chances of withstanding a police siege)
E)   Look for trouble (By doing this, we’ll find important missions that will have a real effect on Denilus)

We have, of course: Hronne (best at A and E), Quorus (best at D), Peliki (best at B) , Kiro (best at E), Huki (best at A and B)

A question of faith

Relations have been steadily improving between the warlike tribe and our own but now Jum must handle a delicate matter; they feel that, as our friends, they have a right to know what we do.  Specifically, they want to make bronze weapons and tools, something that has, quite understandably, set certain people on edge.

How should we handle it?

A)   We trust them; let us tell them
B)   Tools, yes; weapons, no
C)   We should give them something purely peaceful that will benefit them, like architecture
D)   It’s all a ruse; send them home with no technology
E)   Threaten to sever relations entirely if they don’t back down

Some enchanted agreement

It has been decided wisest to award construction to Lasko and routes to UTZC.  This makes logistical sense but may raise the question of a transportation monopoly should the system remain in place for too long.  Still, it satisfies most people and should work well enough to keep our fledgling civilization exploring the stars for now.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2009, 04:48:03 pm »
DEC
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Nurjehan

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 16, 2009, 07:17:38 pm »
Bodhi's vote on the other site

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2009, 05:15:48 pm »
C Bodhi’s list B
CDC
CAB
DEC
C Bodhi’s list B

C Bodhi’s list B wins.  Date: 171/Burn/6049, 573/Bake/0001

“Hail them,” ordered Vus, “they haven’t made any hostile moves yet.”

“Mic’s on, sir” replied Sekus.

“This is the RFS Celesta, Commodore Vus speaking.  We are on a mission to scan and map this system and report our findings to our home planet.  Your craft appears to be Incha in origin and we insist that you identify yourselves to us as friend or foe.”

A distinctly Incha voice came back down the radio, its nuances lost on any attempt to render it into text but not on the translation computer.  Within a minute or two, it had processed the response.

“Yes, Incha are we.  But not like others, we free.  Mean no harm to you.  Wish talk.  Who you?”

“As I said before, we are the starship Celesta, on a mission to explore this system.  We represent the Ropidian race, which has recently ascended to the status of space power.  More to the point, who are you?”

Again, the voice spoke and an answer came.

“We Incha People Front.  One third of free Incha.”

This raises a question or two…*

A)   What do you mean, free Incha?
B)   That’s a strange title for a civilization
C)   What are you doing here?
D)   Pretty nice ship you have; mind if we scan it?
E)   Where are you based out of?
F)   Interested in working with us?

Miscellaneous cult-related activity

In the wake of our last mission, we are now free to settle down and do the less glorious but equally important tasks that make us the crack fighting team we are.  Hronne and Huki are out on the streets doing some crimes, Peliki is patrolling college campuses for young recruits, Quorus is conducting a detailed analysis of our base layout, looking to create chokepoints and killing zones to trap intruders as well as insulating our loft to save on costs, all whilst Kiro reads newslate after newslate, looking for opportunities.

Social engineering

The warriors are unhappy that we will not give them weapons but relations don’t seem overly troubled as giving them tools is still an appreciated gesture.  Maybe they’ll even learn something about not being so combat-focused as bronze tools revolutionize their crafting techniques.

Relations between us and them  - (Cordial -> Warm)

Our village stats (might as well let you know about us):

Population: 253 (increasing slowly)
Leaders: 5
Skilled workers: 29
Workers: 112
Soldiers: 24
Families/households: 48

Improvements:

Palisade w/ watchtowers (++defence and provides warning of attackers)
Small bronze smelter shop
Medium granary
Small shrine (+happiness (these guys worship primarily a god of agriculture))

Should Jum try to sway the leaders to build more?

A)   We need a fishery (our fishing is much more efficient)
B)   That smelter is too small (expanding it = more tools and thus greater efficiency)
C)   Improve the houses of the skilled workers (+social stratification, skilled workers happier)
D)   Improve everyone’s houses (-social stratification, everyone happier but a very hard sell due to effort involved)
E)   Begin work on a monument to our gods and leaders (+order, +prestige (improves our diplomacy)
F)   He should stay out of this

Back to basics

In the wake of our slow-loading but effective laser rifles and the near-invulnerability to small arms and light explosive fire FBP-3 gives our troops, commanders have come up with a bizarre idea.  Why not go back to the idea of a line formation?  2 ranks deep, such a formation would allow us to channel our low-level of firepower into a wall of death vulnerable only to high explosives and armour-piercing shells.  The idea may seem antiquated but given the radical shift in the equipment we’re now using, it should not be dismissed without a little thought.

How should our military react?

A)   Make that our official doctrine
B)   Make it required training for laser rifle/FBP-3 divisions
C)   Encourage it but do not endorse it
D)   Stay out of it
E)   Discourage it
F)   Disown it completely

*I’ll base the conversation on how many votes for each; more time and persuasion will be spent on the popular choices

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 31, 2009, 06:14:13 pm »
Sorry for the wait everyone; I had some things to do and rest to get after finishing my first year at university.  What this means is that I now have 3 months of near-uninterrupted peace i.e. I can update whenever there are 5 votes, no delay.  So, look forward to a future of faster updates.  Also, a quick question; would you guys like me to do smaller, mini-updates for smaller decisions?  What I mean is when Hronne’s on a mission or we’re doing something small-scale, it doesn’t always chime with the timing of major stuff; by releasing mini-updates, votes can be held more often and more can get done for almost the same amount of work on my part.

C       CB
A/F   BB
A       AC
A       AC

Acf A B/C wins.  Date: 172/Burn/6049, 580/Bake/0001

“What do you mean, free Incha?” asked Vus.

The translator beeped and crackled as it deciphered the insect language.

“We free.  No more swayed of gods to fight.”

“Gods?”

A pause, silence broken only by further translation noises, followed.

“The gods.  Say we fight, claim planets at all cost.  Many die.”

“If this is the case, maybe we can help each other…we can help you fight the gods…to some degree, at least.”

Ulo gulped as the translator did its work.

“No!  Run far, poison Incha mind…no chance…no chance.”

“Alright, then…maybe we could at least help you do whatever you’re doing here…?”

“Scan system.  Look for useful things, worlds.”

“Sir,” cried Sekus, “I’m reading an incoming warp signature: Incha configuration.”

The translator took only seconds to translate the next message.

“Something speak up!  Nothing secure!”

“They’re powering up their warp drive, sir.”

“I’m guessing there’s no stopping them now; what about the hostile Incha ship?”

“Medium size but smaller than us.  What energy readings I’m getting show that they’re combat ready.”

What ever shall we do?

A)   Fear not, we close to laser range and attack
B)   Close to torpedo range and give it all we’ve got
C)   Launch fighters for a bombing run
D)   Launch fighters and get them to scan our enemy
E)   Bravely run away

Fishy business

Boring as it might be, a fishery will let us efficiently gut and process fish for eating.  This centralisation of food production makes it easier to keep track of stocks and increases the amount of fish we can prepare in a given time period.  All in all, it’s helpful for freeing up labour or increasing food stocks.

Line of attack

It would be dangerous to bring back old methods across the board.  Still, there could be some merit in this new idea, given the right tactical situation.  Therefore, the army has decided to set up a basic training programme on line-marching and volley fire that divisional commander of FBP-3 divisions can institute as they see fit.

The power of fusion

After extensive testing, at last our fusion power plant is coming online.  It will generate enough power to light up half of Tegas at night.  Ultimately, though, it is our power station; we can do what we like with it.  Thus, comes the question.

How much power should we keep for ourselves?

A)   75%, this will really be useful for research (any higher and public opinion will plummet) (++++++ research)
B)   50% should provide us with enough for more adventurous physics experiments (+++++ research)
C)   We only need 25%, really (+++ research)
D)   We can make do with just 10% (++ research)
E)   5%, and no more (+ research)

Offline Nurjehan

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 07, 2009, 03:20:59 pm »
D, C, B

B

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 07, 2009, 05:31:53 pm »
D/c B
EB
D/c/a/b B
EB
D/c/b B

D/c B wins.  Date: 172/Burn/6049, 582/Bake/0001

“Sekus, take us to within a thousand clicks of our new enemy!  Te, drop a NAV beacon at this location first!”

This was done so that they could try to work out exactly where the friendly Incha had warped off to at a later date.  Vus didn’t want to get too close to the hostile craft or else the Celesta itself would be vulnerable; far better to send fighters at a distance.

“This is Wing Commander Pobulus; all squadrons report in,” came the voice over the radio, originating from the Tactical Control Room*.

“Iron Leader, standing by.”

“This is Copper Leader.”

“Nickel Leader, reporting for duty.”

“Cobalt Leader, ready for anything!”

“Iron and Copper squadrons, take your Lithites in close and fast; get a scan of that ship.  Nickel and Cobalt, hang back and prepare to make a bombing run,” he ordered, marking coordinates with his stylus on his fancy new interactive real-time battle map.

A quick acknowledgement later and scanning had begun.  From what they could tell, this enemy ship did not have any flak defences or fighters of its own due to the unopposed nature of the scanning.  A quick comparison with previous Incha designs showed that there were anomalies between this ship and those of the truly hostile Incha.  Just then, Iron 2 reported in.

“Sir, I’m getting an Incha language transmission; it’s coming from the ship!”

“Transmit it back to me,” ordered Pobulus, “I can patch it through to the bridge.”

The next minute was a tense one; not a shot had been fired on either side and the translation computer was working furiously away.  Finally, it had deciphered the transmission.

“We Incha People’s Popular Front; rule one third free Incha!”

This could get complicated… (again, importance of question = number of votes attached)

A)   Who the heck are you?
B)   We need to know where you live
C)   What are you doing here?
D)   Can we help you in some way?
E)   Do you know the other guys we just met?
F)   SPLITTERS!
G)   Other

Fair division

We built the power station; the technology came from space exploration and trade so, without us, this wonder would not be possible.  We feel we deserve 50% of the station’s power, something that may annoy some citizens and business people but leaves plenty of power to go around (indeed, it will now fulfil some 3% or so of Tegas’s power needs**).  Our research, particularly into power-intensive weapons and space tech, should speed up as a result.

Boring idea

The military feels that our investment into claw-held magnetic acceleration weapons is a waste of time and money; we already have lasers, after all.  They think, though, that on a large scale, there is potential for this field.  What they propose is drilling bore holes in the ground and fitting them with electromagnetic acceleration rings.  These could be a new generation of artillery, delivering a steady stream of fire across half the planet at a much lower cost than missiles and without an opportunity to shoot the shells down.

What’s our response?

A)   Don’t call us, we’ll call you (military happiness --)
B)   We’ll keep it in mind (it becomes our next project after the claw-held weapons, military happiness -)
C)   We’ll get a team working on it right away (research -)
D)   A brilliant idea!  Switch our team from claw-held weapons to artillery right away! (military happiness +)

Moping around Morpos

Our intelligence services continue their investigations into the unrest in Morpos.  So far, they can tell without a doubt that resistance is strongest in the middle classes and the young.  Some agents have been placed in colleges and universities and found that certain professors and lecturers are spewing blatantly biased or even false information about Tegas to their students.  Although this does not tell us who’s controlling the unrest, is does give us a lead into how they’re getting recruits.

Should we react?

A)   We should arrest these troublemakers!
B)   We should leak the details to our press
C)   We should openly reveal what’s going on
D)   We should not give away what we now know
E)   Other

Sign of the times

On his own initiative, Dictator Has of Ropodulus Alpha has decided to invest money in an underground bunker network.  By Ropidian standards, the colony is freezing at this time of year, reaching lows of 8 degrees Celsius; although we now have some environmental gear and central heating, a bunker complex would be much more practical in the long-term serving as living space, tourist attraction and defensive position.  The only trouble is that Has used the oil profits, without our permission, to build this (although he also used government grants and colony tax money).

How should we respond?***

A)   Confiscate the money and halt the construction project, as well as arrest Has (Tension +++)
B)   Arrest Has (Tension ++)
C)   Warn him not to do it again (Tension +, Independence +)
D)   Congratulate his good thinking (Independence++)

*The Tactical Control Room is a specialised auxiliary bridge on the Celesta.  Although broad orders like target priority, defense management and movement are issued from the bridge, the Tactical Control Room is vital in micromanaging them.  This can be handled from the bridge on smaller ships, like our Culverins or on the Endeavour but on a bigger ship with lots of weapons, ablative armour arrays and especially fighter squadrons, a specialised operations room is needed.

**We predict that we can attach about four medium sized fission reactors to each fusion plant; this would bring the energy generated by a single plant up to 10% of our overall needs.  It would take a further 3 old years or so to be able to completely do away with fossil fuels, at least for electrical power generation.  This, along with hydrogen power cells, will almost certainly cripple certain cities’ economies by crashing the oil, coal and gas markets if left unchecked.

***This is where we decide whether to cope with tension or independence in our colonies.  Increases in tension mean increased unrest and a chance they will break away from us.  Increased independence means we lose control of some aspects of our colony but they are very unlikely to break away from us.  We’ll be able to bolster either approach later on with government forms and  social science; for instance, a federal structure means independence reaps greater dividends whilst an Imperium lets us push our colonists further before they snap.

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 14, 2009, 07:36:39 pm »
E
B
B
D
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 18, 2009, 01:43:10 pm »
ECEC
ECEC
ECEC
CCED
EBBD

E/c CEC wins.  Date: 173/Burn/6049, 590/Bake/0001

“What are you doing here?” asked Vus.

The translator again took its time, but the reply came through as it always did: “Secure world.  Expand.  Hunt choppers.”

“Choppers?”

“Dividers!  Breakers!  Betrayers!  We hates them!”

“I…see.  You wouldn’t happen to be referring to the other Incha we just met?”

“Others of the race?!  Where?  How much?” crackled the radio.

“ Just a small ship, they ran away when you warped in.”

“RRAAAARRL!” screamed back the translator.  Nobody on the bridge was quite sure if this was static, an untranslatable reply or some combination of the two. “Not going so easy!”

With those words, the Incha ship cut communications and powered up its warp drive.

“They’re gone, sir,” said Sekus after the ship left radar view.

There was a collective ‘Huh’.

With all that over, best be back to work, yes?

A) Move on to CG-1 (a medium-sized rock planet, we have detected no atmosphere and traces of mineral deposits)
B) Move on to CG-2 (a small planet with a thin atmosphere and searing temperatures)
C) Move on to CG-5 (a miniature gas giant with several small moons)
D) Move on to CG-6 (a larger gas giant with more moons)
E) Head home

Playing with power

We’ve decided to split our research team in order to appease the military’s demand for a different focus on our weapons research.  With the amount of electricity available to us to conduct large electromagnetic experiments, this shouldn’t slow our research down too much at all.

Tinfoil hats for everyone!

We’ve decided the best way to combat this wave of disinformation is from behind the scenes.  On Morposian forums, our army of trolls work tirelessly, either as extremely exaggerated anti-Tegas fanatics or as Tegas apologist Morposian citizens.  We’ve contacted students known to be loyal to challenge their professors and lecturers.  Steps are being taken in the media to sow stories of our benevolence and such-like.  Hopefully no-one will catch on to what’s really going on.

Softly-softly approach

We’ve quietly told Has to not make such a large decision without our approval in the future.  He seems a little bitter that we aren’t congratulating him for his work but escaping without punishment should be enough to keep him on our side.

A challenger appears

It seems that the Cult is not alone in Denilus.  Hronne has found out about a Kolo intelligence cell in the city; we even have their address, an abandoned motel!  This opens up quite a few possibilities, all of which may have quite an impact on Kolese activities in the region.

What should we do?

A)   Notify Zaffo, get his orders
B)   Approach the Kolese about cooperating (to gain their trust)
C)   Infiltrate their organisation
D)   Mount a raid on the motel
E)   Do nothing about it
F)   Other

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 25, 2009, 10:59:16 am »
DA
AC
DA
DA
AA

DA wins.  Date: 174/Burn/6049, 592/Bake/0001

After the rather odd experience of the Incha separatists, scanning moons and a gas giant would be a relaxing interlude.  There were a dozen or so moons orbiting CG-6 but only four would be viable in terms of establishing outposts, the others being ruled out due to high winds or tectonic activity.  Of these, only two had anything of note; the first had significant beryllium deposits, the second provided access to an abundance of thorium and iridium.  In short, these elements combined would make for a good spacecraft production facility.  The gas giant itself will not be useful to use for some time, at least until we find away to protect ourselves from incredibly fast winds.

Exploration: continue!*

A) Move on to CG-1 (a medium-sized rock planet, we have detected no atmosphere and traces of mineral deposits)
B) Move on to CG-2 (a small planet with a thin atmosphere and searing temperatures)
C) Move on to CG-5 (a miniature gas giant with several small moons)
D) Head home

Could be messy

Hronne can easily contact Zaffo now that he has no-one looking over his shoulder every five minutes.  In fact, he can now pass down Zaffo’s orders as Cult instructions; his subordinates knew so little about their leaders that it was easy to get them to buy into it.  That being said, Zaffo’s orders were clear; find out what the Kolese intended, what they knew and do both without destroying the cell.  This could mean a number of things.

How should we approach this?*

A)   Approach the Kolese about cooperating (to gain their trust)
B)   Infiltrate their organisation
C)   Mount a raid on the motel (but try to avoid killing off the cell)
D)   Other

A decent proposal

A Kolese corporation, the Gershi Association, has come forward with designs for a viable ion thruster for use on our ships.  This would be much more efficient than our current chemical thrusters, if not yet usable on our warships which need the acceleration afforded by chemical ones.  In return, they want have special access rights to Urt and our other colonies.  This would mean giving their cargo priority shipping on our soon-to-be-built trade lanes.  This will not bring them into conflict with UTZC or Lasko but it could slow up other corporations shipping, which may be a disadvantage in the future**.  We would also receive rights to their future developments in engine and ship technology.

This could be good!
   A) Accept the deal as is
B) Accept the deal provisionally; no rights to future technology and their privileges expire after an agreeable time period
C) Demand a modified deal (suggest)
D) Refuse
   E) Try to steal the technology via our intelligence networks

Deep freeze

We’ve managed to get one of the alien shuttles back to Tegas for investigation.  We think that once we complete our inspection of their technology, we will have an 85% chance of unfreezing one of them successfully.

Shall we do it?

A)   Try it
B)   Too risky

*These are going to be the first mini-update.  I’ll update these as often as possible; that way, we can get small things out of the way quickly and keep the research/governmental decisions in their own sections.

**The transport system basically works like this; someone runs the lines, someone owns the ships and someone owns the cargo.  The ship-owners (UTZC at the moment, but soon to be others) pay the line administrators (UTZC) for access rights.  The ship-owners make their money by accepting contracts from cargo-owners.  The goods are bought from the owner and sold at the other end, the profit being divided between the hauler and original owner as per the contract.  In this case, if Gershi got the deal they would pay less to UTZC for running ships and be able to demand their cargo be shipped first by the haulers (though with no discount).

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 28, 2009, 03:58:53 pm »
AB
AB
AB
AB

First mini-update!

AB wins.

CG-1 was a routine survey that turned up nothing of interest.  Stable conditions do mean that it could make a good supply dump in the future, though.

That was a let-down.

A) CG-2
B) CG-5
C) Head home

Operation Thunderflash

Knowledge is power and Hronne felt that the less the Kolese knew about their activities, and the more his cell knew about them, the better off they would be.  An open approach was too risky; a raid would attract unwanted attention.  What he planned to do next was to somehow slip an agent into their midst or turn one of their current members.  This would mean that Zaffo would be getting his information on the Kolese from a double agent's double agent.

Either come up with a cover story for Hronne's approaching the Kolese or think of a way to get one of their own on our side.