Author Topic: Ropidians - The Development of a Space Civilisation (In Progress)  (Read 47877 times)

Offline Clockwerk

• Ultima Lord
  • Rule of thumb, Hassan. You can't kill the Messiah!
    • View Profile
Re: Ropidians - The Development of a Space Civilisation (In Progress)
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 11:16:28 am »
DACA
Yes. Power shifts more quickly than some people think.

Peace through Power!

Once again the world is quick to bury me.

For the foreseeable future... Comrade Chairman, I am the future!

He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future conquers the past.

No, I'm not God. But I'm a close second.

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
  • You sunk my battleship.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2007, 06:11:44 pm »
E A/B AB
E A/B AB
-------CA
C B   CA
C B   CA
D A   CA

C (Heads) A/B (Heads) CA wins.  Date: 115/Sear/6048.

I thought a minor commendation was called for, after more than a year of the game running.  I'd like to thank everybody for supporting me this far.  That's it.

Stassault

Hronne dropped down onto a walkway.  It was dank and murky down here with little light, only a railing to prevent him from walking into the rushing torrent of greyish water below him.  His team, all 8 of them, had gone down first and were making steady progress through the tunnel.

"Sir!" cried Yiltarfus, his voice echoing loudly, "Over here!"

Hronne followed the sound and, after crossing a rickety bridge over a wide stretch of water, could make out the heat of his 8 comrades.  Seeing that he had seen them, the others continued on their way.  The next few minutes were dark and damp and cold, the rot of the sewer setting into their very scales.  Thankfully, having no noses, this was the worst of it.  Suddenly, though, Zora, who was acting as an outrider, heard a noise.

"Quick!" she hissed over the radio, "Against the wall!"

Everyone duly obeyed, pressing up against the damp wall, ruining the robes of some and dampening the armour of others.  The walkway led onto a set of more rickety bridges with a rusty sign indicating the way to the base nailed to the wall.  However, the wall here came to a hairpin turn, behind which breathing could easily be heard.  Ya was second closest to the corner and, clutching her SMG in both claws, prepared to spring.

Before Hronne could cry 'Wait!', she had propelled herself around the corner, colliding with the Supreme Grand Master, who had also burst out with a pistol.  They bumped their heads together and both collapsed in a heap.  Only after some lengthy explaining could the mission continue as before, this time with the Elite Guard leading the way.  They led past a pumping station, a filtration grid (the water grew viscous here), a substation and through a tunnel before arriving at a ladder.

"Stonespeaker Hronne," said the Supreme Grand Master, "My elite guard shall lead the way up this ladder, towards the living quarters.  You are to find every last blueprint and destroy it.  Good luck.  Children of Saurus!  Follow me to victory!"

With this parting cry he led the way up the ladder, his guard in tow, the plodding of his footsteps disappearing into the distance.  Zora took a quick peek around the ladder hatch.  Apparently it emerged at the meeting of three corridors.  One led onto a stairwell, another towards a door with a lightning bolt symbol on it whilst the third turned a corner into what sounded like a meeting room of some type.  A sign indicated that we were on 'Floor B5'.

Where to head?

A) Up the stairs!
B) Towards the 'electricity' room
C) The meeting room (eavesdrop or storm?)
D) Double back; we've forgotten something! (What?)

Scan, scan, scan, scan

The deeper scan reveals nothing astonishing; no rocks coming to life, no explosive gas pockets, no ancient ruins...just rocks and rocky plants.

Should we investigate?

A) Yes; send down a team!
B) No, on to the gas giant
C) Bah, this planet won't have anything of value; on to the unknown system!

Harder, I say!

"Scan harder!" ordered Vus.

"Sir, yes, sir!" cried Sekus, who duly scanned harder, along with Polus.  Sekus responded after about 10 minutes of concentrated scanning. "Ta-da!  My previous results have been absolutely confirmed, sir.  Nothing new to report."

Polus had more interesting news to report after 2 more minutes. "Lucky I looked a little harder.  It seems that there are predators down there.  Nasty, big brutes, about 12 feet tall and twice as long, like giant lizards.  Munching their way through some smaller, fluffier creatures.  I'd take some guns with you; they hunt in packs."

Is this a hunting trip then?

A) No, let's just take a day trip down there
B) Yes, let's get some specimens for the Vetes Winri
C) No, let's land on Kali

Hover theory (12 weeks, 2 days) (11)
Pet bots (1 week, 3 days) (4)
Improved mirror structure (2 weeks, 6 days) (6)
Basic environmental gear (5 weeks, 4 days) (6)
Giant insect analysis (3 weeks) (6)

(2 DP)

*A celebrity who emerged from nowhere since the introduction of zoology to our planet.  He goes around poking our newly-found creatures.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 06:26:50 pm by squigian »
http://chronospore.7.forumer.com/ - home of the Ropidians
http://elbonis.myminicity.com - home of the Elbonians

Offline Clockwerk

• Ultima Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 05:35:08 pm »
AAA

Peace through Power!

He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future conquers the past.

Offline BodhiBloodWave

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007, 11:12:22 pm »
Where to head?
C) The meeting room (eavesdrop)

Since I'm curious what the meeting is about

Should we investigate?
A) Yes; send down a team!

We should land and gather some of the plants and anything else of interest, afterward we will head over to the gas planet and investigate it before finally heading to the unknown system to survey it(after the survey we will return to kali or home to refuel since we will know how many planets we will need to land on in the unknown system aka storing some EXTRA fuel)

Is this a hunting trip then?
B) Yes, let's get some specimens for the Vetes Winri

I think its about time Winri got a few new pets to understand since the zoo has been neglected for a while, but before we try landing make sure we have permission from the kalimbo(if not then obvious cancel the mission)

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2007, 01:45:40 pm »
C (Eavesdrop) AB (Permission)
C (Storm) AB
C (Eavesdrop) BC
C (Eavesdrop) BC
C (Eavesdrop) BC
AAA

C (Eavesdrop) A B (Permission, Heads) CA wins. Date: 117/Sear/6048.

Hronne pressed a claw to his mouth, indicating silence from the team.  They crept towards the meeting room, guns ready should an unfortunate spaceyard worker step outside for a drink or whatnot.  They could clearly hear voices coming from the room now and could even discern what they were saying.

"Right, on to the next topic on our agenda," said a drawling voice, "Sheri's birthday card."

"I've signed it," said a deeper voice, "I think only Oto hasn't."

"OK, good, good," replied the drawler, "I'll call him.  Right, next subject; blueprints."

"Oh yes, the top secret blueprints that we really don't want to have destroyed by anarchist groups anon.," responded a higher-pitched female voice without the slightest hint of irony.

"Don't worry; I've put them somewhere safe," said the deeper voice in reassuring tones, "I've divided the blueprints up; the main ship ones are on B4, in the armoury.  I've put the sub-ship ones in the safe over there."

There was a slight pause. "Very well," sighed the drawler eventually, "That's everything.  Back to the grind, I guess."

There was a scraping of chairs and a shuffle of movement towards the closed door of the meeting room.  Zora recoiled from the door and readied her pistol.

What should we do?

A) Run away, run away!
B) Hide from who we can, blast who we can't
C) Waste them!
D) Casually enter the room
E) Pretend to be hallway inspectors

Rocky IV: Yes, it's the fourth rocky planet we've explored!

The team reported back without a hitch after just 2 hours of investigation.  They brought back samples of the rocky plants which appear to survive in the rock by having a crystalline root structure.  This is very exciting as it may be the first indication of silicon-based life!  More tests will have to be run, of course, but these could have a future in our extremely rocky planet!

Good!  Where to next?

A) Into the UNKNOWN!
B) To the gas giant
C) Kali...

Aw, CRIKEY!

Vus wiped his brow with the back of his claw.

"Signal Kali Space Traffic Control; request permission to land on the moon, lieutenant," ordered Vus.

Sekus tuned the radio to the Kalimbo frequency and hailed the station.  She soon got an answer. "Yaroo?" came aforementioned answer.

"Can we land on your moon?" asked Sekus in her sweetest voice.

"Yaroo?" came the bubbly reply.

"Allow me," said Vus. "Espo ik Celesta, trepenik plos hytob paancakopo sos yurob."

"Kles, kles, nakuba; bon glo karimiki miklepas."

"What did you say, sir?" asked Ulo, who was now up and about after the insectoid incident*.

"I said 'This is the Celesta, requesting permission to land on the moon.'  He replied 'Yeah, yeah, whatever; they don't pay me enough anyway.'," said Vus laconically.

Soon they were down on the moon.  It was odd down there, without their suits or any special equipment, just guns and their comrades bringing up behind.  Ulo had stayed behind on the Celesta, for obvious reasons.  Vus felt like something that he'd never quite known, deep down inside his mind, was being awakened.  A primal instinct, like this was where he was meant to be, hunting prey through a hot jungle.  The feeling of natural, not lava-created, heat; the cool breezes blowing through the air, the sun shining down upon them.  Suddenly, there was a rustling in the bushes.  The team tensed, ready for any predator to spring...however, all that popped out was a little furry pink creature, about 2 feet tall, making honking noises.

"Should I use my gun?" asked Kius, lining up a shot.

"No!" cried Hakka, "It's just a harmless...pink...fluffy...honking thing...right, Commodore?"

"Yes, it does look harmless enough...but is it?" he wondered aloud.  The thing had been honking for a few seconds now, louder and squeakier each time.  Just as it was getting annoying, the team was saved by a 40 foot tall raptor of some description who lowered its massive head ground level and gazed at the cluster of Ropidians, mouth open.  It scooped up the little pink thing with its tongue and, eyes still on the Ropidians, popped the honking creature down its throat, like a very annoying aspirin.

CRIKEY! (Select two)

A) RRRRUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!!
B) Shoot its eyes!
C) Give it a grenade to eat
D) Open fire wildly
E) Take cover

Petty breakthrough

Due to our superior skills in the field of science, we have managed to leap ahead in the study of pet bots.  In fact, they're in stores NOW!  Buy Catbot today and get Mousebot free for just 500 Minas!  The new luxury item that every spoiled brat wants (because we tell them they do!).  But, what is this?  No new robot tech being researched?  Blame the scientists; they're too excited.  Apparently a new, improved, flexible and most importantly FASTER research system is about to arrive on the scene.  The Tome of Science predicts that it shall arrive 'When Ropos is aflame'...

+1 DP
++Luxury goods

Hover theory (12 weeks) (11)
Improved mirror structure (2 weeks, 4 days) (6)
Basic environmental gear (5 weeks, 2 days) (6)
Giant insect analysis (2 weeks, 8 days) (6)

(3 DP)

*We encountered a group of giant insects and the vote was for him to open fire wildly on the one that accosted him.  It skewered him on its mandibles, luckily missing all his vital organs.

Offline Clockwerk

• Ultima Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 02:46:12 pm »
DABC

Peace through Power!

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2007, 03:46:35 pm »
DBC
DBCE
FBCE
FBCE
FBCE
DABC

F (Arraxis's plan, tails) BCE wins. Date: 118/Sear/6048.

"OK, team," said Hronne, "we hold them hostage, got it?"

"Got it, sir," replied someone.  Other replies varied in enthusiasm but answered in the affirmative.

The door swung open, revealing the drawling speaker to be none other than Hiksos Mones...THE Hiksos Mones.  Engineer, 2nd class*.  His expression turned from a smirk to a grimace in an instant.

"Who are you?"

"Hallway inspectors," quipped Lefe, "here to...hold...you hostage?"

"What?"

"She said that you're being held hostage," repeated Yiltarfus, "until the boss tells us what to do with you."

The engineer looked dumbfounded.  This was the most secure government facility in Morpos; not even an action hero could squeeze down one of the ventilation shafts.  The others looked equally shocked at the prospect of being in this predicament.  They said nothing.

"Right," said Hronne, "these are my demands.  Key/combination for safe, blueprints, implements for ripping plastic polymers."

It had been fun.  First they had retrieved the blueprints which, Hronne observed, were uncannily similar to the Celesta's.  Ya put this down to unbelievers being identical in their heresies.  First, they shot them; next, they cut them into small pieces.  Finally, they burned them which let off poisonous clouds of black smoke.  The heresy was purged, according to Ya.

"Thank you for your cooperation," said Olasius, ever gracious, even in his quiet fanaticism.

"Yeah, thanks," snickered Miklopos, "And here's a message for Sheri!"

He picked up the plastic card and tried to rip it.  It wouldn't give.  He gave it all he had, eventually stabbing it into the table with his knife, cutting himself as it slipped off the shiny surface.  Finally, after nursing his wound, he burnt it. "Take that!" he cried, laughing neurotically.  Everyone just stared.

"Er...let's go...team," ordered Hronne.  They walked out of the room, feeling quite satisfied with their performance.  One set of blueprints down, one to go.  Just then, they heard a distant yell.  It didn't stop, but came closer and closer, getting louder and louder.  The team tensed as it rounded a corner, the generator of the noise being another Cult member.  Unlike most Cult members, he had writing on the back of his robe: 'I AM A BOMB TECHNICIAN.  IF YOU SEE ME RUNNING, TRY TO KEEP UP.'  The Cultists looked from one to another for about 3 seconds.  In another 24 seconds, they were sprawled on the ground in the sewage duct, a collapsed tunnel behind them.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED ?

Next on our agenda...

The Supreme Grand Master has informed us that we now face one more task.  One more task that will complete the Cult's glorious goal.  If we succeed in this task, we will have succeeded for eternity.  It will, however, be incredibly dangerous.  We will face almost certain death.  But, if we are truly faithful, we, along with our siblings, will commit ourselves to this sacred duty, 32 against Morpos.

Do we want this deadly mission that no-one bar the Supreme Grand Master knows the details of?

A) Okily-dokily, Masterino
B) No, we're good
C) Could we not perhaps provide less direct assistance?

Gas giant

We flew over to the gas giant and discovered absolutely nothing of interest whatsoever.  Nothing.  We even scanned deeper than usual and it turned up nary but methane gas, useless to us.

Ho-hum.  Where now?

A) The unKNOWN!
B) KaLI!

Nice raptor...

"Hey, catch!" cried a random soldier, chucking out a grenade towards the raptor.  The creature stared at the strange khaki object for about 2 seconds before playfully nudging it back at the soldier.

"Take cover!" yelled Vus, moving for the nearest tree.  It was too late for some, namely those who were unlucky enough to be standing next to the hapless instigator of this particular bout of tomfoolery.  The feeling of regret did not last long, though, soon being replaced with a feeling of sharp metal shards entering various parts of the body.  This visibly angered the raptor, who reared up, stomping its feet.

"FIRE!" screamed Kius, himself letting rounds loose into the creature's chest.  The other soldiers followed suit and the beast was soon brought low by sheer volume of firepower.  On counting the holes, it had taken at least 268 shots to go down.

What should we do?

A) Hunt more of these beasties
B) Look for more pink fluffy honkers
C) Collect some plant samples from the foliage
D) Haul this corpse back to the Endeavour and head over to Kali

Hover theory (11 weeks, 9 days) (11)
Improved mirror structure (2 weeks, 2 days) (6)
Basic environmental gear (5 weeks, 1 day) (6)
Giant insect analysis (2 weeks, 7 days) (6)

(3 DP)

*Hey, some of these random people deserve names.  Besides, if I give them a name, it increases their chances of survival.

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2007, 03:40:40 pm »
AABCD
AABC
AACD
AABCD
AABCD

AABCD wins.  Date: 119/Sear/6048

We have decided to take up the Supreme Grand Master on his offer.  Hronne is the only one to do so, the other two parties preferring to lay low for now.  The next day, he found himself ushered into a black truck along with his team with orders to stay there until the signal was given to emerge...The journey was long and uneventful although it made Miklopos fairly queasy.  At last, the truck came to a halt and the signal was given.  The team emerged into a giant concrete garage, plainly the property of some major organisation.  A clue as to which was given by the 'Free City of Morpos' logo on the side of several parked tanks.

The Supreme Grand Master was in his element, despite being in apparently enemy territory, swaggering around as if he owned the place.  His guards fanned out across the garage, taking tactical positions whilst their boss stood plainly exposed at the centre of the area.  Hronne could tell that he was meant to also be finding cover, inside the truck.  The first signal was just to let him scout out the area and an elite guard motioned him back into the vehicle, closing the doors behind him.  All the team had to go on now were their ears.  Just then, the sound of a door opening sounded out across the bay.

"Ah, there you are...at last, in the flesh, Roudplwrw...," said a soft voice that somehow echoed very loudly.

"Yes, it is I, the Supreme Grand Master of the Elucidated Brethren of the Laval Tomes, come to greet you, noble Prince," said the Supreme Grand Master in a booming voice.

"Come now, let us do away with such pretensions, Roudplwrw...a name would be helpful, you know?" replied the former voice, more irritated this time.

"You may refer to me how you wish for convenience's sake; I'd prefer to be called...his Supreme Grandness if possible...no?  Very well," sighed the Supreme Grandmaster. "Toti it is then."

"Wait, Toti Marlo?" asked the soft voice. "You're dead!"

"I don't recall there being a body, only that some fool of a sniper shot me in the arm instead of the chest."

Lefe stared at the floor in the dark.

"You have a lot of explaining to do, not the least of which is why your agents were seen infiltrating our space research laboratories!" proclaimed the now harsher voice. "Who put you up to it?  Tegas?"

"Come, come; that was not me at all, merely Tegasian agents disguised as such.  You will find it on our computer records which I have included with the advanced technology we bring you."

"Yes, the whole basis for this meeting...very well, I shall forget this for now.  After all, Morpos is resurgent and I am ruler.  What more could I want?" muttered the soft voice. "Show me this technology - you say it will allow us to roll right over the Tegasians?"

"We procured it from the Kolese...ugh...walk this way."

The footsteps drew closer, bringing the pair closer to the truck.  Hronne now noticed that it was also loaded with unopened crates.  Whilst considering this, a radio message suddenly came in very quietly into his earpiece.

"Flaming Sword, Flaming Sword...come in Flaming Sword," said Zaffo*.

He-hello?

A) Tap on his ear in some kind of morse code
B) Answer VERY quietly
C) Ignore it

Space-hopping

Boraxis has got the Transcendent underway for the Unknown System.  The craft should arrive in about a day.

Hunting report

The hunt was short but arduous.  In the end, we managed to collect 21 honkers, the corpse and at least 40 varieties of plant from the planet.  It's very noisy in the cargo hold currently but we need not worry about that right now as the Endeavour has made planetfall on Kali.  Research at our marine base is going well; we've fully categorised over 200 varieties of plankton already and are working our way up the food chain!  When Vus asked about the possibility of a floating vehicle, the scientists had to be dragged away laughing.  Anyhow, we've now gained an audience with a Kalimbo diplomatic representative.

What should we ask him first?

A) We should ask about a research exchange
B) A trade treaty should come first
C) What can he tell us of the Incha?
D) What of the mysterious statue on the Brean planet?
E) The irradiated world in Brea
F) Are there any pressing matters in Kalimbo politics at the moment?
G) How do you feel towards us?
H) Other

Response

The bombing of Morpos's research laboratory has blown all hope of a peace accord out of the lava.  Morpos has pledged its full support to Bene in this war and is mobilising troops to be shipped out to attack Selis as this appears to be a hive of terrorism to them.

How should we respond?

A) Fully mobilise!
B) Issue an ultimatum
C) Lend our full support to Selis
D) Join in on their side

Hover theory (11 weeks, 8 days) (11)
Improved mirror structure (2 weeks, 1 day) (6)
Basic environmental gear (5 weeks) (6)
Giant insect analysis (2 weeks, 6 days) (6)

(3 DP)

*He managed to take it for this mission; the mission was so dangerous that Hronne saw no point in not risking more.

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2007, 05:48:47 pm »
ABA/B
ABA/B
B/C A/B
ADA/B
BEA/C
B/CBA/B
BEA/C

AB A/B wins. Date: 119/Sear/6048

Hronne panicked for a moment.  Here he was, sitting amongst some of the most dangerous people on the planet, and he was being contacted by one of their formost enemies!  He thought quickly, though, and begun to tap out a sort of code, quielty.

"Is there some interference on the line?" asked Zaffo. "Wait...hmm, this must be an inconvienient time for you to be so quiet.  Do you wish me to continue?"

Hronne tapped his earpiece twice.

"No?"

Hronne tapped it furiously.

"OK, sorry.  Well, from what I can tell, you seem to be somewhere in Morpos from our tracking satellites," pondered Zaffo.  Hronne tapped the earpiece by way of confirmation. "Are you in a dangerous area?"

Hronne tapped furiously again.  Outside, he could hear the pair of talkers now shouting at each other.  "Ah...," Zaffo begun, but was interrupted by a gunshot outside the truck.  The doors flew open and Hroone took up his rifle and charged out after his team, who had been quicker on the off.  Miklopos took a bullet in the neck and Ya got one in the knee but they were not alone against the unknown shooters; in all, there were 24 Cultists 'cleansing' the area.  Hronne stepped over the sprawled body of Prince Olko which Toti Marlo was frisking.  He cried out as he withdrew a small silver object from Olko's pocket and pointed the way to an elevator, motioning everyone to follow him.

"Should I send Mire after you?  It sounds pretty hot there!" shouted Zaffo down the earpiece.

?

A) Yes (Comes free with 3 top agents, experts in combat, stealth and guile)
B) No

Trading places

"We would be most interested in a trade treaty, truth be told," said Vus down his radio.  The ambassador was floating in the water before him, tethered to some form of coral desk by a kelp rope.  On the desk were numerous odd items.

"That would be a good idea," replied the ambassador in Vus's mind, "only, we haven't frequent traffic yet.  Besides, we have no idea what you want from us at the moment, and what you can trade."

"Mostly metals and minerals."

"Excellent.  Those are very rare on our world.  We used to have a mining colony in the Brea system, but it was...lost...in the wars, despite holding out for 4 of our years, mostly thanks to the sacrifice of...our...troops.  But, on the subject of trade, we can offer you immediate technical knowledge."

"That would be most helpful, your Excellency.  What, exactly, can you help us with?" said Vus, very hopeful.

"We are a peaceful race, as you know; we have no great weapons to give you.  The Incha took most of them, anyway.  What we can give you, though, is ship construction technology, basic shielding plans and more efficient engines.  All we ask in return is that you share your fleet with ours, you answer our calls for assistance should the Incha attack.  We won't put you in much harm's way, but we know that your kind are very good fighters."

Do we agree with this deal?

A) Yes with an 's'
B) No with a but
C) No, sorry

What should we ask about next?

A) What can he tell us of the Incha?
B) What of the mysterious statue on the Brean planet?
C) Are there any pressing matters in Kalimbo politics at the moment?
D) How do you feel towards us?
E) Other

Gearing up for war...

We have issued mobilisation orders to all our troops.  As of now, 11 of 18 armoured and 21 of 38 infantry divisions are in a fighting-fit state.  Our allies have followed suit for the most part, bar Tupas, who only have 4 militia-quality divisions and 1 wing of Second War of the Iron Coalition planes.  We have also issued an ultimatum; if Morposian troops so much as set foot on Selisian soil, we shall be forced to declare war after waiting for 2 Ropidian hours for withdrawal.  Word has gotten out that Kolo has mobilised too, though for what purpose, we are not sure.  People are cheering in the streets of Selis for our intervention, despite the impractical nature of getting aid to them.

Any other actions that need taking? (select one, two or none)*

A) Yes, rationing must be enforced
B) We should begin seizing raw materials
C) Censor the press
D) Begin issuing propaganda
E) Enact conscription
F) Declare martial law
G) Temporarily nationalise strategic industries

(3 DP)

*All these actions are permissible in a state of emergency; if war does not come about, expect public outcry.

Offline BodhiBloodWave

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2007, 03:57:24 pm »
?

A) Yes (Comes free with 3 top agents, experts in combat, stealth and guile)

Assuming they stay hidden they could be quite useful in removing some of the hindrances to our rise in the cult(and maybe even our glorious leader as well )

Do we agree with this deal?

A) Yes with an 's'

Nothing to add to this i think, a fair deal for the most part, unsure if this is a one time deal tho or if they will continue to supply us with new tech and such as we give them materials

What should we ask about next?

C) Are there any pressing matters in Kalimbo politics at the moment?

Its always an wise thing to learn more about your allies and how they are doing, Also as we are growing closer as allies its helpful to know about any major changes that might happen in the close future

Any other actions that need taking? (select one, two or none)*

B) We should begin seizing raw materials
G) Temporarily nationalize strategic industries

These two work quite well together and would help maximize our strengths which are quality and industry, while it would likely hurt domestic production to some degree, it would be quite good for our war efforts(if we are going to war we should do it to the best of our ability as we can be sure the enemy will do so)

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2007, 03:10:31 pm »
AAA/None
AAC/G
AAC/BG
AAB/None
AAC/BG
AAA/BG

AAC/BG wins. Date: 119/Sear/6048

"Yes!" whispered Hronne.

"I know, the excitement is killing me too!" said Lefe. "Finally, a true blow struck against the enemy!"

Hronne was now hurrying after Toti Marlo; soon, 27 or so Cultists were crushed together in the two lifts heading up to...somewhere.  The Supreme Grand Master was chuckling to himself maniacally for some reason, holding the silver object in his claw.  Hronne could now see that it was a key, with a novelty keyring attached, shaped like the NHA logo.  He didn't have to wonder for too long what this meant.

"It has worked!  We have come so far!" cried Toti Marlo. "Soon, we shall be masters of all Ropos, thanks to this; and they will be powerless to stop us lest they wish to seal their own doom!"

Hronne noticed for the first time that the lift was actually descending, not ascending.  Deeper and deeper it went, for about 20 more seconds, before opening onto a giant bunker, guarded by two soldiers with machine guns.

"Hey, who are-ARGH!" began one, taking a shot to the eye.  His friend crumpled over thanks to a dozen or so SMG bullets in his chest.  His blood splattered over the nearby electronic locking panel, marked G.C.M.N.C.

"Blow it," the Supreme Grand Master ordered Zora.  Zora walked forward and placed the scrambling charge, which did its work well, sending the door flying open.  Inside the room were dozens of technicians and a few generals posed over a map of Ropos, pointing out locations.  Toti Marlo took his assault rifle and sprayed the room at random, killing few, wounding some and scaring the rest.  "The global revolution has begun!"

Mire was soon out of her safehouse with her team.  They are in a normal car, on their way to the last known location of Hronne.

Accepted

"This deal is very attractive to us, your Excellency.  I am sure that the dictator will agree; our coming to your aid is a given, but we do so desperately need the technology you can spare," said Vus.

"That is most reassuring."

"But, please; we must know more of the political situation before we can accept this deal.  What pressing issues afflict Kali today?"

"Things are relatively peaceful...too peaceful, even for my people.  We are free to live our lives on Kali, for the moment; nearly everyone has enough food and basic goods.  It's...the spirit that is suffering.  For too long, we have languished on this world; we had an empire once!" cried the Ambassador in Vus's mind, suddenly angry. "Sorry...no, we just need reinvigoration as a culture.  That is why we look to your species with such hope and admire your explorationist spirit, especially given our long relationship."

More questions?

A) What can he tell us of the Incha?
C) Long relationship?
D) Other

Limbering up

Moves have been taken to nationalise key arms industries under dictatorial directive 1072-b and to seize raw materials under the Emergencies Clause.  This has angered some capitalists, but increased our industrial capacity for war*.

-1 DP

(2 DP)

*Industrial capacity allows us to produce new military units, reinforce existing ones, supply them and upgrade their equipment.  We now have about 500, Morpos has about 450 whilst Kolo, about 200, mainly due to lack of military focus.

P.S. Thanks for voting, Somarinao

Offline BodhiBloodWave

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2007, 04:45:17 pm »
More questions?

We should ask about the statue i agree, but to add vote C into it somewhat we should form it along the lines of "'if we have had a long relationship, maybe you know something about the mysterious statue we found in Brean"

It would let us learn of the statue AND imply/show we don't really know anything about the long relationship(which might give us a rundown)

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2007, 05:23:40 pm »
B
B
C
C
C

C wins (nice to have a simple vote for once). Date: 119/Sear/6048

"People of Ropos, the time of revolution is upon us!  Kneel and repent before the might of Saurus Lava-Eye!" cried the Supreme Grand Master to Miklopos, who was holding up a camcorder. "Our demands are thus: convince your leaders that space travel is the height of blasphemy or suffer the fiery rain of righteousness!  How, you ask, can I demand these things of you?  Simple, I reply; for this is being recorded inside Morposian Nuclear Command!  Watch, as I turn this simple key, in this simple lock; see how Ropos is...displayed?"

The Supreme Grand Master looked non-plussed as a demand for an authorisation code appeared on the VDU.  Miklopos nervously kept the recorder on.

"Turn that off, you fool!" screamed his leader. "WHO KNOWS THE CODE?"

One of the generals put his hand up. "I-I know one of them."

"THEN WHO KNOWS THE OTHER?!"

"Prince Olko," replied the general.  The Supreme Grand Master was so angry that he did not hesistate for so much as a millisecond as he shot the unfortunate general through the head.  After all, what was the point of knowing only one of the codes?

"ANYONE HERE GOOD AT -," he began, shouting, when suddenly gunfire erupted in the hallway.

The car carrying out agents arrived on the scene within ten minutes of the last contact.  They were dressed in Morposian uniforms, such things being easy to come by on the surplus market, albeit without papers.  The building ahead of them was surrounded by troops, a checkpoint having been set up by the main entrance.  A side entrance had just one guard but did not seem to lead directly into the building.  Armed with high-power rifles and a bucketload of guile, they set about their task.

How should Mire trying getting into the bunker?

A) Try to fool the checkpoint guards (come up with a story, preferably without papers involved)
B) Try to fool the side entrance guard
C) Try to bump off the side entrance guard without being seen
D) Scout around for a sneakier entrance
E) Attack!

Smoke filled the bunker.  Bullet holes riddled the walls, bodies covered the floor, electrical wiring hung out from every angle.  The fiercest fighting had been at the blind corner leading into the command room where around 13 Morposian troopers had lost their lives to just 4 Cultists; the Morposians had certainly designed their defences well.  The Supreme Grand Master was mildly injured himself, although nothing as bad as the wounds Ya had suffered.  He seemed to have recovered his dignity now, and spoke again.

"Any hackers here?"

Well?

A) I am, sir! (I can make it look like I'm doing something whilst actually buying time)
B) Yes, I'm one (but I'm going to attempt to sabotage your mad scheme)
C) No, but one of our team is
D) Stare at the ceiling

Long time, no see

"Long relationship?" queried Vus.

"Yes...you see, we have observed your species for some time. "Since about your pre-industrial age."

"Oh?"

"We have observed many things about you; your aggressiveness, your industriousness, will to win, order, wars, statecraft and so forth.  And we can't help but admire you, for the simple fact that we may still have had an empire if we had used you wisely."

"Used?"

"Learnt from your example, I mean," clarified the ambassador. "If we had adopted your ways, we may just have been able to repulse the Incha.  We never had your industrial militarism."

Oh?

A) Is that why you dedicated a statue to us in Brea?
B) We're very flattered
C) That's a very odd thing to say; how can you favour shifting your culture so radically?
D) I don't believe you for a moment; you just want to control us with your admiration
E) How come you lost against the Incha?  Tell us of the war
F) Other/amend options

(2 DP)

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2007, 03:36:43 pm »
AAA
AAA
ABA
ABA
ABA

ABA wins. Date: 120/Sear/6048...Merry Christmas!

Mire motioned the team forward, towards the front entrance where the Morposians had set up a checkpoint.  The guard looked puzzled by their approach.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"Haven't you been informed?  We are the MSS agents that have been ordered here to help with this terrorist crisis."

"Ah, yes...papers, please?" he asked, more politely.

Mire had practiced her withering stare for days in front of her computer some weeks previously and it finally paid off. "What," she stated.

"Papers, please."

"...You dare to question me?  A loyal agent of the MSS who has come down here in a time of crisis to rectify this sorry situation!  I was dragged out of bed just half an hour previously to this!  Do you really believe that I would have found the time in my rush to pick up my identification papers just to appease your paltry dominion as guardian of this entrance?!"

"Look, I didn't mean to...," he began to apologise.

"Needless to say that I shall be reporting this to my superiors!  I never forget a face," she said as one of her assistants typed something into his portable computer. "We proceed!"

They marched past the stunned guards and into the building.  Being a top secret military facility, everything was clearly marked on the lobby map.  Mire traced a line to the subterranean bunker lifts and the team walked over there, finding a guard posted by the glass lift which was riddled with bullet marks and blood.

"Ah, you must be the MSS agents," he said. "You'll have to wait a second; they're taking the power down from the outside."

"Will that stop the Cultists?" asked Mire.

"Regrettably, no; there's a back-up generator in the bunker.  They'll last for a day or so on that...plenty of time to break the codes.  Of course, if we can't get an assault team down there somehow, we'll be forced to blow the whole place to smithereens."

"Understood.  We'll find a way; any other routes down?"

"No...this is the sole lift down.  The air vents are too small, before you ask."

Mire took a peek at the lift; it was perfectly exposed to enemy fire.  However, the trapdoor on top was wide enough to go through and perhaps 2 people could safely hide on top.

After the power is cut, how should we do this?

A) Mire and the best fighter hide on top of the lift
B) A, but 2 in the lift below
C) Masquerade as a negotiating party
D) Send down some explosives to clear the way first (the guard can move the lift, allowing us to throw grenades down)

Blackout

Hronne was sitting in front of the PC, making a half-hearted attempt to hack into the Morposian Strategic Command computer.  It was actually a pretty simple job; with the key in place, he just had to find out two 16-character codes and log in with a high-ranking username.  He set up his automated software to do the job for him, which would take around 2 hours in all.  However, this was not his true purpose; he aimed to sabotage the operation, somehow.  Fortunately, the screen was shielded from prying eyes, enabling him to open up the security camera network viewer; at the upstairs lift, he saw four Morposian agents conversing with a guard.  Could these be his saviours?

Should he disable the security camera network?

A) Yes (Hronne is blind)
B) No (Cultists are alert to our movements)

The secret's out

"Is that why you dedicated a statue to us in Brea?"

The ambassador looked momentarily perplexed and said, he voice strained in Vus's mind, "What statue?"

"You know, the one so delicately made out of coral, on the Brean moon...there were quite a few, but we took one home.  Why did you dedicate this statue to us?"

"Your...your courage and...aggression...I mean...," the ambassador stumbled.

"Don't be so ridiculous," interrupted Kius. "He's obviously hiding something!"

"Quiet, Commander," said Vus. "I am sure that he will reveal his secret."

"I cannot take it anymore!" cried the ambassador in Vus's mind. "All these secrets and lies, secrets and lies!"

"What lies?" demanded Kius.

And the ambassador confessed.  Confessed how, some 100 or so Ropidian years ago, the Kalimbo had been hard pressed by the Incha, losing on every front.  One day, though, their observation post had picked up some aliens abducting Ropidians from the Xenu region.  How they had intervened and boarded a transport and, on running tests on the abductees, decided that desperate times called for desperate measures.  How these unfortunates had been cloned and enhanced, sent out to die in their thousands against Incha attackers, holding the relentless enemy back for a full 75 years before the empire was finally crushed.

What can we say?

Action!

Shooting continues on our movie.  We've filmed about 70% of the Ropos scenes so will need to get ahold of the Celesta or Transcendent soon.  Even so, the production team is growing worried that our film has no title for the moment.  They've suggested a few, such as 'Ropidians in Space' or 'Stellar Combat' but the military attaché that we've posted to oversee development is none to please with such suggestions.

Can we think of some better ones?

Drama!

The Transcendent warped into the unknown system with no sound whatsoever as this was space and despite the fact that it would be more dramatic or interesting to hear something upon arrival we heard nothing.  During this silence, Boraxis stared out of the window.  There was nothing there.

"Ensign, report!" he ordered the scanning engineer.

"N-nothing, sir...pure blackness; matter is conspicuous by its absence, especially a small patch some few million miles ahead of us."

Boraxis was about to respond when the navigator interrupted. "Sir, the ship's moving!  2 knots ahead, accelerating at 0.4 or so a second!"

Uh-oh; that can't be good.

A) Turn us around and full speed ahead
B) Full speed astern
C) Do nothing
D) Full speed ahead!

Music!

Sergeant Jum has managed to get the natives organised into a bronze band, complete with drums and pipes.  The best members, calling themselves the Sluuckoosha Meriii, now play at the nightly feasts for the entire tribe, making everyone happier, to a degree.

What wonder of modern technology shall we bring to this tribe next?

A) Bronze weapons
B) Sociological education (specify, not too complicated, now)
C) Introduce a new profession to the tribe (we now have chief, elder, shaman, farmer, fisher and musician)
D) Bronze farming tools
E) Another entertainment
F) A new type of clothing (currently kelp)
G) Other

Money!

Another profit is being reported by the Lithtech Engine on oil and the proceeds have been given to us.

Now, how to spend them...

A) Expanding housing capacity (Currently 3341/3500)
B) Building a school (Currently none)
C) Improving existing homes (Frontier -> Colony)
D) Improving infrastructure (A heating grid will be constructed)
E) Kick-starting the agricultural sector
F) Expanding our lab in the area (Small -> Medium)
G) Erecting AA defences (None -> Main area defended)

Clearance!

Our roposforming operation on Gira is going well; greenhouse gas levels have decreased around 30% thanks to our work, the planet going from mustard yellow to a darker ochre colour.  We estimate that the project will be finished around half a year from now.

Hover theory (11 weeks, 7 days) (11)
Improved mirror structure (2 weeks) (6)
Basic environmental gear (4 weeks, 9 days) (6)
Giant insect analysis (2 weeks, 5 days) (6)

(2 DP)