Author Topic: Ropidians - The Development of a Space Civilisation (In Progress)  (Read 46936 times)

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
  • You sunk my battleship.
    • View Profile
Ropidians - The Development of a Space Civilisation (In Progress)
« on: September 24, 2007, 11:48:36 am »
Ropidians has been going for a year now, but I'm always looking for new voters, so I came here, home of the Spore community.  This topic will exist as a Q&A for now, with a link to our main site.  If enough people show interested, I'll begin updating here too.

1. In-game info

Q: Who are the Ropidians?

A: A race of quadrupedal lizards, living on Ropos.

Q: Ropos?

A: Our planet, a lavaworld of rocks and metal.  It's quite hot and devoid of most vegetation and wildlife.

Q: Then how do we survive?

A: We survive by eating minerals and metal.  Running water comes from hot springs.  Luckily, oil is plentiful, probably indicating that our world was a swamp at some point.

Q: Where are we civilisation-wise?

A: We entered the 'proper' Space Age about 2 human years ago.  Thanks to a fortuitous find of a warp-drive we have been allowed beyond the bounds of our Seo, our solar system.

Q: How far have we expanded into space?

A: We have a foothold on 3 of the 4 other planets of our solar system, two space stations and a couple of other extra-solar colonies.

Q: Have we met any other races?

A: A number.  The Kalimbo, a race of philisophical squid (Friendly).  The Incha, a hive of aggressive insects (Informal state of war).  The Meenogs, a bunch of sneaky rodents (Cordial).  The Traders, a group of mysterious and powerful traders (?).  Finally, we've found some aliens cryogenically frozen.

Q: How strong our we compared to the other races?

A: From what little information we have, we're intergalactic tiddlers.  We're militarily, diplomatically and economically behind the other races we know, but we're in a good position to make powerful friends.  Luckily, we're too small a species for anyone to think too seriously about 'interfering' with us.

2. Game info

Q: So, how do I play?

A: It's the typical ABC voting system, but sometimes you get 'free' votes on a course of action or must suggest a vote yourself by compiling a 'solution' (e.g. A list of priorities).

Q: What's the focus on?

A: It's a Spore game with a heavy RPG element.  The focus is on controlling both the civilisation as a whole as well as certain agents and important people, developing the attributes of our people as well as our personalities.  The game started about 20 years ahead of Earth time (with variations in the sophistication of our technology, naturally) and will expand into the far future.

Q: How often do you update?

A: Every week, at the least; it depends on the number of votes.  At our peak, I updated every day.

Q: Where can I find out more?

A: Visit http://chronospore.7.forumer.com/viewforum.php?f=1 for updates and game-related information

Q: I have a question that isn't answered here?

A: Then feel free to ask in a reply.

http://chronospore.7.forumer.com/ - home of the Ropidians
http://elbonis.myminicity.com - home of the Elbonians

Offline Clockwerk

• Ultima Lord
  • Rule of thumb, Hassan. You can't kill the Messiah!
    • View Profile
Re: Ropidians - The Development of a Space Civilisation (In Progress)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 04:33:17 pm »
Ropidians has been going for a year now, but I'm always looking for new voters, so I came here, home of the Spore community.  This topic will exist as a Q&A for now, with a link to our main site.  If enough people show interested, I'll begin updating here too.

1. In-game info

Q: Who are the Ropidians?

A: A race of quadrupedal lizards, living on Ropos.

Q: Ropos?

A: Our planet, a lavaworld of rocks and metal.  It's quite hot and devoid of most vegetation and wildlife.

Q: Then how do we survive?

A: We survive by eating minerals and metal.  Running water comes from hot springs.  Luckily, oil is plentiful, probably indicating that our world was a swamp at some point.

Q: Where are we civilisation-wise?

A: We entered the 'proper' Space Age about 2 human years ago.  Thanks to a fortuitous find of a warp-drive we have been allowed beyond the bounds of our Seo, our solar system.

Q: How far have we expanded into space?

A: We have a foothold on 3 of the 4 other planets of our solar system, two space stations and a couple of other extra-solar colonies.

Q: Have we met any other races?

A: A number.  The Kalimbo, a race of philisophical squid (Friendly).  The Incha, a hive of aggressive insects (Informal state of war).  The Meenogs, a bunch of sneaky rodents (Cordial).  The Traders, a group of mysterious and powerful traders (?).  Finally, we've found some aliens cryogenically frozen.

Q: How strong our we compared to the other races?

A: From what little information we have, we're intergalactic tiddlers.  We're militarily, diplomatically and economically behind the other races we know, but we're in a good position to make powerful friends.  Luckily, we're too small a species for anyone to think too seriously about 'interfering' with us.

2. Game info

Q: So, how do I play?

A: It's the typical ABC voting system, but sometimes you get 'free' votes on a course of action or must suggest a vote yourself by compiling a 'solution' (e.g. A list of priorities).

Q: What's the focus on?

A: It's a Spore game with a heavy RPG element.  The focus is on controlling both the civilisation as a whole as well as certain agents and important people, developing the attributes of our people as well as our personalities.  The game started about 20 years ahead of Earth time (with variations in the sophistication of our technology, naturally) and will expand into the far future.

Q: How often do you update?

A: Every week, at the least; it depends on the number of votes.  At our peak, I updated every day.

Q: Where can I find out more?

A: Visit http://chronospore.7.forumer.com/viewforum.php?f=1 for updates and game-related information

Q: I have a question that isn't answered here?

A: Then feel free to ask in a reply.

Who are you on that site?
Yes. Power shifts more quickly than some people think.

Peace through Power!

Once again the world is quick to bury me.

For the foreseeable future... Comrade Chairman, I am the future!

He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future conquers the past.

No, I'm not God. But I'm a close second.

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 08:39:15 am »
fmer50

Offline Clockwerk

• Ultima Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 05:29:22 pm »
Bumping this thread

Peace through Power!

He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future conquers the past.

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 05:10:54 pm »
CDA wins. Date: 110/Sear/6048*.

Hronne** has arranged the mission; Lefe takes up position in a coveniently placed abadoned tenement block along the parade route, on the 2nd floor up, giving her a brilliant view and firing arc on the minister's limousine.  Hronne has given the antique Xenusian rifle; it offers good accuracy and power, albeit with a very loud but undeniably dramatic bang.  The parade is in full swing, tanks clearing the way ahead as infantry stomp past.  The band behind them is playing at full blast, pumping out patriotic tunes and military marches.  Still further back is Toti Marlo***, standing in the back of his car in full dress uniform, waving a white baton in the air.  He's totally exposed.

When should she open fire (Limo = red block)?

A) Now, at point A
B) Wait till he gets to point B
C) Shoot at C
D) Wait for D!

Xenusian antique rifle (unscoped)

Power ********oo
Accuracy ********oo
Noise ********** (BANG!...ANG!...ang!...ang.)
Reload ******oooo

3 bullets/clip

Into the inferno!

Mire**** has safely made it to Morpos^ and is laying low at an inexpensive hotel offering great beds and low, low prices.  Friendly service 24/7 with complementary access to fitness and leisure activities.  Despite their economic system, it seemed that travellers were treated very well.  For now, she's laying low; it's one thing for a Tegasian agent to get into Morpos, quite another to act in any way.

Leg 1

The Celesta^^ and the Transcendent^^^ jumped into the new system, from Leto^^^^.  This was the first totally unknown system that Commodore Vus$ had ever been in.

"Lieutenant Sekus, report," he ordered.

"Hull integrity at 100%, sir.  All present and accounted for.  The Transcendent is to our starboard, Bearing 087, Vector 094.  We appear to be in a blue star system with a bright blue star at the centre.  Scanners are picking up three planets, one gas giant, one rocky planet and a strange world that is distorting the scanners.  All I can detect of it is that it's nearest to the sun, fairly small and quite dense."

"Understood; hail the Transcendent, Siga."

"Aye, sir," replied the Radio Officer. "Transcendent, are you reading us?"

"Copy, Endeavour," crackled the voice of Captain Boraxis Ardhi$$. "Ready and waiting."

"Good," replied Vus into his microphone. "We'll begin fuel transfer then."

Which planet should the Transcendent investigate first?

A) The gas giant
B) The rocky world
C) The mysterious planet

From bad to worse

Fighting on the Selisian-Benese front continues unabated.  Bene$$$ may have cut off several Selisian strong-points but they didn't count on the Selisian air-force resupplying them!  The brunt of the tank thrust is being held up some 100 miles to the west of Selis$$$$.  However, infantry have started pouring across the border to the south and are making strong progress towards the Grand Trench Line where they will undoubtebly be delayed for some time.  Selis will hold out for some while yet, but it seems likely that defeat will come eventually.

Should we move to support either side?

A) Yes, we should join the war on Selis's side
B) Yes, we should send supplies and volunteers to Selis
C) Yes, speak in favour of Selis
D) No, remain silent
E) Yes, speak in favour of Bene
F) Yes, we should send supplies and volunteers to Bene
G) Yes, we should join the war on Bene's side
H) Other

Hover theory (13 weeks, 3 days) (10.5)£
Pet bots (2 weeks, 4 days) (3.5)
Improved mirror structure (3 weeks, 4 days) (5.5)
Basic environmental gear (6 weeks, 4 days) (5.5)
Giant insect analysis (3 weeks, 8 days) (5.5)

(6 DP - 35% chance of a grant)££

*Dating works like so; there are 20 hours in a Ropidian day, which lasts about 3 times the length of the human day despite the fact that there are 8 sunrises and sunsets in this time.

**Our double agent in this mysterious anti-space exploration cult.

***The Selisian Defence Minister.  We know him to have taken a bribe from Morpos for something; we're not sure what, but it could have been related to a terror attack on Bene.  He may have been working with the Cult too.

****Our top spy.

^Our arch-rival.  We are the city of Tegas, defender of free speech and dictatorship, top exporter of iron and leader of the Southern Hemisphere Organisation of Cities.  They are head of the Northern Hemisphere axis.

^^Our first warp-capable exploration ship.

^^^Our second one.

^^^^Home system of the Kalimbo, a race of squid aliens who once possessed an empire that was destroyed by the Incha.

$The joint protagonist of our tale, the other being the Ropidians themselves.

$$A rising star in the service, fresh out of training after one mission.

$$$The 'victim' of Selisian aggression.  Firstly, an office complex was blown up and Selis was the prime suspect.  Secondly, a column of Selisian armoured forces attacked a Benese outpost recently.  Thirdly, Selis is a major oil exporter whilst Bene is working on an alternative energy source.

$$$$The 'aggressor' in this war, slowly getting beaten back.  It's not certain that they did it but pretty likely.

£Research works like thus; the number in brackets is speed whilst the weeks/days is time remaining.  Time remaining = research cost divided by speed.  There is a chance that we have a 'breakthrough' or a 'setback', which can adjust remaining time.  On certain technologies, a vote is sometimes offered which enables us to decide how best to proceed.

££DP = dometic popularity.  If it reaches 5, there is a 25% chance of us getting a grant.  This chance increases by 5% each time the roll fails.  We can spend grant money on improving facilities on colonies or on upgrading our labs.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 05:14:09 pm by squigian »

Offline Clockwerk

• Ultima Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 04:42:11 pm »
B for a better shot.
C For knowlege!

E They are the defenders.

Peace through Power!

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 03:42:15 am »
BCH (Attempt peace negotiations) wins.  Date: 110/Sear/6048.

Lefe readied herself for the shots.  She pointed the unscoped rifle out of her window; it was hard to see anything in detail, but she certainly had a clear shot at Marlo.  All he needed to do was to come a little closer...  The band music was really blaring now, with 'March of the Selisian Guard' playing.  The great thing about the tune was the loud tuba blast every 10 seconds or so, perfect for suppressing other noise.  It was at that point that she would fire her first shot.  Peering down the ironsights of the Xenusian rifle, she hovered over Marlo's head before dropping the sights down to his chest.  The blast would come in 2 seconds.  Time seemed to have slowed down as she pressed the trigger.  The recoil of the gun was contained with great skill as a bullet found its way into Toti Marlo's lower chest to the sound of a tuba blast.  A second bullet hit him in the upper chest as he tried to climb out of the car, before a third struck him just where the shoulder meets the neck, knocking him out of the car.  Down below, people were running around in panic, desperately searching around for cover whilst soldiers looked for the tell-tale reflection of a sniper scope.  They were to be disappointed, and Lefe was soon boarding a subway train with a suspicious-looking suitcase.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Not such a mystery

"Lieutenant, take us to the unknown world," ordered Boraxis.

"They're all unknown, sir."

"Er, the most unknown one; the one closest to the sun."

"Aye, sir."

The Transcendent leapt forward as the FTL drive kicked into action, depositing them next to the world in just 3 Ropidian minutes.  It took them a further hour to get into a stable orbit; during that time, the planet was scanned.

"Report, lieutenant!"

"Sir!  I'm ready and waiting!"

"No, report on the planet."

"Sir!  The planet seems to be made out of a very dense metal of some description; it appears to be in raw ore form, but there's little I can tell about it as it's distorting our scanners.  I can, however, make out atmospheric conditions; no life, no atmosphere.  Gravity is about 3 times that of Ropos*; if we go down there, we have to be ready for a long and exhausting expedition to ascertain exactly what this material is."

Your orders, sir?

A) We should send a party down at once
B) There's no need to send a party down there; let's form a colony to mine this mysterious substance
C) We should consult Reno on this ore
D) Let's leave this planet for now

Give peace a chance!

We've sent out diplomatic feelers to both Selis and Bene in an attempt to negotiate a peace.  With the death of Marlo, Selis is feeling quite angry whilst Bene feels cold towards us.  However, they've agreed to meet us for talks in Hyuni quite soon, though brokering anything remotely fair will be a tough job.

Bene to Tegas: Cold
Selis to Tegas: Angry
Bene to Selis: Furious
Selis to Bene: Hostile

How should we structure these peace talks?

A) We should start by trying to get a ceasefire
B) We should try to get a peace treaty right off the bat
C) We should ask both sides to meet and voice their grievances
D) It's too early to expect anything; we should just start pampering their diplomats and keeping them apart
E) Other

Granted!

We've been given a government grant, this time to spend on our labs in Tegas.

-4DP**

Which lab should we improve?

A) Space (Large -> Huge) (+5)
B) Chemistry (Medium -> Large) (+4)
C) Biology (Small -> Medium) (+4)
D) Military (Small -> Medium) (+3)
E) Robotics (Tiny -> Small) (+2)
F) We should upgrade equipment across the board (+0.5 to every lab)

Hover theory (13 weeks, 3 days) (10.5)
Pet bots (2 weeks, 4 days) (3.5)
Improved mirror structure (3 weeks, 4 days) (5.5)
Basic environmental gear (6 weeks, 4 days) (5.5)
Giant insect analysis (3 weeks, 8 days) (5.5)

(2 DP)

*About 2/3 Earth's gravity, ergo twice Earth's gravity on this planet.

**Don't worry about that, it's just that when we get a grant it decreases due to the fact that our demands have been satisfied.

Offline Clockwerk

• Ultima Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 11:53:44 am »
A Let's find out what it is.

E it seems that if we place the two together they will more anger at each other, so for now just find the opions of both sides and not set up a meeting beteen the two.

E It is our smallest lab.

Peace through Power!

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 04:16:18 pm »
AAF (tails) wins.  Date: 110/Sear/6048.

Hronne trudged into Cult Headquarters after a stressful hour slipping out of the police control zone that had been erected around the assassination site.  The last thing he'd seen of Marlo was his body being driven away in his now redder limousine.  He found Lefe waiting for him.

"Great news, O Stonespeaker; talk to Lavamancer* Poros.  He has a very important message for you, sir."

"I will - good work, by the way."

"I do my best, sir.  Quite an interesting choice of gun; quite a thrill aiming without a scope for once.  Takes me back a while," she said to half to herself as Hronne hurried down a corridor to find Poros.  He eventually found her in the library, after some searching.

"Ah, Stonespeaker, yes...good work.  I have a very important offer for you, should you choose to accept.  It is purely voluntary; if you don't take it, I'll find someone who will.  Want to here it?" asked Poros.

"Yes, O Lavamancer."

"Very well.  It comes directly from the Supreme Grand Master himself.  He wishes for you to accompany him to Morpos for two critical missions; you'll get to take your own team as well.  Stonespeakers Hara and Blopos are already in.  Make no mistake, this is a very risky operation but will elevate you greatly in the eyes of the Lava One.  If you accept, the Supreme Grand Master will meet you momentarily."

Should we accept?

A) Yes
B) No

And what of this vital information, of this operation and the assassination's true nature?

A) Get it out via our old method**
B) Get it out via a new one (what?)
C) We cannot risk that!

Uh-oh

The party got down without a hitch; it was getting back up that was the problem.  The team had taken samples of the rock, finding it to be a deep black on close inspection, scans not extending more than 10m below it, and had loaded it on board their shuttle craft.  Gravity is only 50% greater than back on Ropos, but the team leader is still unsure of whether is shuttle can cope with even that.

Should we risk it?

A) Up, up and away!
B) We should, but have the Transcendent provide tractor beam support (very weak)
C) We should think about taking fewer samples back
D) Perhaps we should do this in a couple of trips, minimising weight
E) Other

Peace is a chance in itself

We have just about managed to sit down the diplomats from both sides in the same room, with a heavy security presence.  It's pretty plain already what's preventing a ceasefire, and that's the pure malice that Bene feels towards Selis at the moment for supposedly supporting terrorism.  We have to find a way to sway both sides.

Bene to Tegas: Cold
Selis to Tegas: Angry
Bene to Selis: Furious
Selis to Bene: Hostile

How should we do this?

A) Appeal to their self-interest (how?)
B) Appeal to their rationality (how?)
C) Appeal against the legitimacy of the war (how?)
D) Threaten them (with what?)
E) Other

All around quick-fix

We've tinkered with every piece of lab equipment we have, slightly improving it and increasing research efficiency.

Grounded

The movie*** is coming along in a mediocre manner, due to the fact that the film-makers cannot reach space at this point.  At least it's not Space Mutiny****.  Instead, they're doing to Destruction of Popos, a fictional city, scene.  This has the potential to be a really expensive shoot, but also a really eye-catching special effect.  By improving it, we do detract from some of the film's realism values but also attract a far wider audience and hence wider recruiting pool.

To what extent should this be an explosive extravanganza?

A) Minimise costs; no explosions, just a radar map or what-not showing the city disappearing from scanners
B) There should be a destruction sequence, but mostly just people running about in the midst of a controlled fire
C) This has to be realistic; have the aliens land a nuke in the middle of the city, wiping the centre out and sending ash raining down all around
D) We need multiple tactical nukes, laser beams, low-flying alien bombers, annoying little children escaping death by inches...

Hover theory (12 weeks, 7 days) (11)
Pet bots (1 week, 8 days) (4)
Improved mirror structure (3 weeks, 1 days) (6)
Basic environmental gear (5 weeks, 9 days) (6)
Giant insect analysis (3 weeks, 5 days) (6)

(2 DP)

* The ranks of the Cult that we know of are:

Initiate
Acolyte
Levite
Priest (optional)
Stonespeaker - head of a terrorist cell
Magister - head of a major cell
Lavamancer - manager of multiple cells
???
???
Supreme Grand Master - head of a major city
???

** We send it in floppy disk format, hidden in an e-book (no paper for paper books), sent in an opaque package, via courier

***We're making a mid-high budget movie to act as a potential tool for recruitment that will also be a box office smash.

**** If you've never seen 'Roll Fizzlebeef' in action yet, google this movie

Offline Clockwerk

• Ultima Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 12:22:00 pm »
A why not?
A (it worked last time right?
B  It will help somewhat
A The war is costly
C D is tempting but no C it is

Peace through Power!

Offline Clockwerk

• Ultima Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 02:14:42 pm »
Is this going to update?

Peace through Power!

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 02:31:46 pm »
Yes, sorry; I was unavoidably delayed.

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 04:24:23 pm »
ABEEE
AAEEC
AAEEC
AAEEC
ACEEC
AABAC

From now on, I'll post the votes with the update.

AAEEC wins. Date: 112/Sear/6048.

"I can do nothing but accept this gracious opportunity to serve Saurus."

"Very good," replied Poros, smoothing her robe,"You shall meet the Supreme Grand Master shortly, along with the other Stonespeakers.  Follow me into the meeting chamber."

She led him through a maze of corridors, past several checkpoints and finally through a pair of thick iron doors.  Inside the room they protected were four guards, clad in orange robes, one in each corner of the room, and two other Stonespeakers.  She guided him to a chair next to the female one.

"Greetings, brother," she said,"I am Stonespeaker Hara; you are Hronne, correct?"

"Yes, Saurus's flaming sword."

"You have done much for the Way.  I think much of you."

"I am sure that we will all be equals in the completion of this task," he replied tactfully.  He turned his eyes to the end of the table; there was a chair there, stouter and grander than his own, obviously designed with a sort of stoic terror in mind.  Just then, the Supreme Grand Master came in.  He strode forward, one arm concealed in his robe, the other outstretched, holding a set of tablets.  He laid them down on the table, at sat down.

"By your presence I take it that you have accepted my dangerous proposal.  Good, good.  It will not be easy, but it can be done.  You may recall, as I am sure Stonespeaker Hronne will, that recently we carried out a little assassination in Morpos, just their Premier!  That was, actually, more of a test run than anything, to test the resilience of their infrastructure.  It turns out that they're not very resilient at all; that substation was down for a whole 3 days.  Congratulations, Stonespeaker Hronne."

"Thank you, O Supreme Grand Master."

"Yes, well...this mission...is a lot more ambitious than removing a mere person from society, and a weak one at that," he muttered fiendishly,"For our first mission, we shall be eradicating the Morposian space program.  How, I hear you ask?  How can we eliminate the entire program permanently?  Simple, I say, we just have to be daring.  We must ensure that Morpos cannot reach space for a generation, and this means a list of targets; blueprints, materials, equipment and scientists.  All must be liquidated.  And we have the means to do it!  You will be taking your entire teams on this mission; that is, everyone in your cell.  We risk much, but fear not!  Saurus will protect us for we dare to protect ourselves!"

"Hail Saurus!" yelled everyone in unison.

"Stonespeaker Hronne, you have pleased me most, as of late, eradicating a most troublesome personality from this city.  I shall give you first choice of targets."

Which part of the plan do we wish to take responsibility for?

A) Blueprints
B) Scientists
C) Equipment
D) Materials

Makes sense

Our sensibly conservative plan meant that, at the extra expense of some fuel, we now have a full range of ore samples on board the Transcendent, ready to be analysed by our top scientists.  Boraxis wishes to move on, however; where to next?

Indeed, where to?

A) The gas giant
B) The rocky world
C) Home
D) Onto the unknown system

Be reasonable, now

The chair of the talks, our foreign minister, Phelipo Kisontlus*, made a speech to the two delegates, after they had finished arguing with each other for a little while:

"Look...look at the foolishness of what you do, bickering over a mere border skirmish.  Do you even begin to realise the magnitude of what you are doing?  Thousands of your people have already died and millions of others could follow!  This is the first war on Ropos for 107 years; do you think that the cities of our fine planet will simply stand by and watch such an instable situation unfold?  No!  Tegas, for one, will intervene; Morpos, too, most likely, hoping to 'restore the peace'.  We have the tools and knowledge to do just that.  Do you realise where that leads?  Global conflict on a scale not seen since the Second War of the Iron Coalition.  Do you truly want that?  Think of the cost, not just the Ropidian and economic cost, but the moral costs.  Will either Selis or Bene ever be seen as acting legitimately, rationally, in the interests of their people?  If the answer is yes, then we can but wait until the conflict spills over and drags the rest of the world down to the level of those responsible," he cried, taking a sip of water.

"You-you're right," muttered the Benese delegate,"This HAS gone too far.  We cannot promise a ceasefire yet, but we will halt offensive maneuvers."

"Y-yes," mumbled the Selisian, "We will look forward to that."

Is that that for now?

A) Yes, get them on the phone while they're still in the mood!
B) No, we should push for a ceasefire

Realism first

We've gone with realism over fantasy here, opting for something that could actually happen; one of the producers died from shock.

++Realism
+Appeal

Leto at last

The Celesta had jumped back into the Leto System, also known as the Letus or Leta system due to a confusing ancient legend.  Vu wishes to meet the Kalimbo again, and so we shall.

Immediately?

A) Yes, there are matters to discuss
B) Hang on, we still haven't checked out the moon orbiting their planet

Hover theory (12 weeks, 5 days) (11)
Pet bots (1 week, 6 days) (4)
Improved mirror structure (2 weeks, 9 days) (6)
Basic environmental gear (5 weeks, 7 days) (6)
Giant insect analysis (3 weeks, 3 days) (6)

(2 DP)

*We picked a cabinet a little while ago.  The foreign minister we picked is best described as 'unabashed'.  He can be abrasive, but is also unafraid to tackle controversial issues.

Offline Clockwerk

• Ultima Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 03:48:06 pm »
CDAA

Peace through Power!

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 04:06:30 pm »
BABB
ABAB
ABAB
BBAB
ABAB
ABAB
CDAA

ABAB wins. Date: 113/Sear/6048.

"I wish to be placed in charge of the blueprints, O Grand One."

"Very well.  I shall take care of the scientists with my elite guard.  I know how squeamish even our most devout members can be!  Hara shall deal with the equipment, and Blopos with the materials.  A little explosive should do the trick," he said with a sinister squint.  It took effort to make such a silly expression look evil, "What are you all waiting for?  Get to your plans!"

Whilst the other two got up, Hronne waited, awkwardly, of course, to discuss something with the Supreme Grand Master that he didn't really want to bring up.

"What are you diddering for, Stonespeaker?" asked the irate leader.

"Sir, I was just wondering if, your...Grand Supremeness would be interested in a proposal to do with the blueprints?" he asked, probing the ground carefully.

"You weren't thinking that we should keep them?"

"N-no, I just thought...that...er...they could be used to our benefit in future missions."

"No, too dangerous...just destroy them," he replied, looking slightly irritated.

"Sir, yes, sir," responded Hronne as he turned and strode out.

We have but one decision to make on this assignment; how should we insert ourselves into the premises?

We do not know much of our target, the Morposian space research centre, save a few facts.  It's situated some miles east of Morpos, in some well-defended hills.  There are two routes in; one is through the main gate, the other by taking a shuttle train into the complex itself.  The former is more heavily guarded but affords direct entry.  The latter is less secure but there's more distance to cover between this entrance and our target.  There is potentially a third way, through a sewerage system/underground electricity line; it might be dangerous, but it would certainly surprise our enemy.  Alternatively, we could just parachute in.  The building itself is about 2 stories tall and a dozen deep or so; needless to say, it's very large and complex, as well as having tight security.  Hara is thinking of taking the route one, Blopos route two and we do not know how the SGM will get in.

A) Through the front gate
B) Via the shuttle train
C) Through the underpass
D) By airdrop
E) A combination (elaborate)

And should this be a stealth or assault mission?

A) Stealth
B) Assault

Rocks, rocks, rocks, rocks, rocks, rocks, rocks, rocks

The Transcendent was brought, with some difficulty, into the orbit of the rocky world.  A preliminary scan revealed that it was indeed rocky, with lots of iron ore and titanium to be had.  Unusually, the planet had an atmosphere and a bio-scan indicated that there was plant life down there!  Boraxis was quite excited by the news; he had never encountered a purely rocky planet with plant life before.

What should we do?

A) Send down a science party (We only have enough fuel left for this one)
B) We should found a new colony!
C) Let's just get some deeper scan results and head on to the gas giant
D) Forget this; on to the unknown system!

Peace?

We managed to get the diplomats on the phone and the first signs are good; Benese troops are pulling back, harassed only by the more spirited members of the Selisian military.  Selis has held its positions in the isolated fortresses scattered along the plains.  All we can do now is hope.

- Tension

Eden

Vus ordered the Celesta brought up to the moon of Kali, which they had no idea about.  They'd passed it by a couple of times now, and it had passed them by, deep green and yellow.  Now they got a full view of the moon.  It was like a dirty sapphire, painted olive green and pale brown, pierced by gleaming blue rivers and lakes where the creator hadn't been thorough.  It was truly a wondorous sight from space, although to less aethestically aware viewers it would have appeared as a grubby tennis ball.  It didn't take long to get into orbit, thanks to a chain of Kalimbo navigational buoys.  A quick scan revealed no further construction on or around the planet.

"Scan that moon, please, lieutenant...you too, doctor," commanded Vus, his voice slightly in awe of this strange new world.

Polus finished first. "Ha!  It's not often I say this, but, these scanner really were worth it for times like these.  That planet is a veritable cornucopia of life even though I can't tell what half of it is; it's everywhere!  Growing out of the ground, flying through the air, crawling on the ground...we'll need a full biological survey team to even scratch the surface."

Sekus reported in next.

"Quite promising results, sir,  Gravity, 0.74 times that of Ropos.  Pressure, about 1.1 times as great.  The atmosphere is almost the perfect mix of oxygen and nitrogen that is needed to survive.  There could be all kinds of diseases down there, though."

Should we investigate further?

A) Scan harder!
B) Let's have a field trip
C) We should mount what little of a survey we can
D) We can return later; to Kali!

Keeping rhythm

Sergeant Jum has managed to educate the villagers as to the ways of the drum and line-dancing in time to it.  We've managed to use fish guts stretched over wooden bowls to make some.  He's now got his most promising pupils (the ones that can actually time their beats) started on fashioning wooden flutes.

Hover theory (12 weeks, 4 days) (11)
Pet bots (1 week, 5 days) (4)
Improved mirror structure (2 weeks, 8 days) (6)
Basic environmental gear (5 weeks, 6 days) (6)
Giant insect analysis (3 weeks, 2 days) (6)

(2 DP)