Author Topic: A New World: The Journey RP  (Read 23130 times)

Offline Snake

• Choplifter Captain
  • Bow down.
    • View Profile
Re: A New World: The Journey RP
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 10:31:16 am »
 Henry had come up with a seperate military shuttle. He had followed the crowd of all the other newer recruits. Eventually, they all reached the primary barracks, and began settling in. Henry wasn't really one to socialize with those around him, so he simply put his stuff in it's place, and sat down to take it all in. He wondered what he would be doing on this ship.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 11:39:22 am by Snake »
Please look at the Miala and their Wiki on the page.

Quote from: Gungnir
Blarg chicka blarg-blarg

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 12:08:46 pm »
Daniel grasped the two fairly heavy bags he was carrying tightly, he was beginning to get agitated the line to get his baggage check was long and he already had waited 6 hours. Luckily after a few more minutes the line sped up and it took him only a few more minutes to get through and into the inner areas. He took out his ticket and started walking. His house wasn't far off he estimated about a half hour walk and didnt mind seeing as his job would rely heavily on knowing which areas were heavily crowded. He took went inside his dwelling once he arrived and put down his bags and rested before looking around. His lodging was basic nothing as flashy as the more expensive houses he saw. It basically had 5 rooms, a bedroom with a single bed and a dresser, a living room with a table and a tv but no observation screens like the others, a small bathroom with the essentials only, a bland kitchen with an oven an refrigerator only, and lastly the room Daniel knew he would spend quite a bit of time in, the study. He stopped looking around and started reading the instructions manual for the home and flung himself onto the bed to get comfy, he could tell he would be reading a fair amount before he could do much around this place.

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2007, 04:27:44 pm »
"Yes, yes. Wheel those over here."

Dr. Vellsoon furrowed his brow. Was he forgetting something? Was his equpiment incomplete?

No, not here. Not in his personal lab.

The window provided a beautiful view of the mechanical deck. Huge, mechanical coils twisted and churned; vats of chemicals, tubes, gigantic generators and fans buzzing and crackling, incinerators belching a soft glow. A sea of machinery streched as far as the eye could see. Above it all, the offices of the medical deck hung precariously, silvery clouds over a steel and plastic forest.

He wheeled about in his chair. The operating theatre was large, and softly lit; silver instruments hung from the walls and the ceiling. The centerpeice was a stainless steel operating table, slanted to a central drain and outfitted with frightening steel restraints.

But who shall be the first to try it? I have so much time, and so much to learn.

Through a porthole, the Doctor watched Saturn pass. It was going to be a good day.
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2007, 04:49:38 pm »
Jake sat on his bed, smoking a cigrette. The military had sent him aboard, for what purpose he didn't know. He wasn't even sure if there was anyone else military aboard! Well, that'd be a bad thing. A very bad thing. The military hadn't exactly sent him aboard, either. He'd been deserting and had bribed his way to a ticket and a spot on board. He had a fake I.D, military records and everything! Only thing is, it had cost him his life savings. Now he was aboard the ship as Elmer Omar, and he was in big trouble if anyone caught him.

He figured there was something fun for him to do somewhere, probably a party on the main deck. That was a custom on colony ships, wasn't it? 'Might as well have a little fun before anyone catches me and shoots me for desertation' he thought.

He quickly stepped outside and began walking to the lift, cigrette still in mouth.
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2007, 11:05:01 pm »
Astell stood in a doorway for a moment, he had decided to examine one of the parks in the area and the man he stumbled upon was not someone he had expected to see.

~"Commander Wolfgang Rhein, yes?" Astell said in perfect German "What an unexpected pleasure this is."

Astell approached the man and extended a hand.

~"My name is Webster Astell."

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2007, 12:32:05 am »
The Commander took the hand "~Good Day Mr. Astell. How are the accommadations?~"

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2007, 12:53:44 am »
Chris glanced at his watch, it was almost time to pass near Saturn. He stood up and put down the manual he had been reading.He pulled on a jacket and called to the Cat. It came out considerable fuller then before and followed him out the door.

Near his door was a bus stop to the Observation Park. He got it and left.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2007, 02:40:22 am »
Because the actual starting of the Warp Drive was a few hours away, and because most preparations had been made, and double-checked,  Dirk was allowed a break from work to unpack his suitcase, and make his house his home. A short car ride later he arrived at his house. His next-door neighbours arrived just as he opened his front door, and Dirk waved at them. They looked as tired as Dirk, and none of them wanted to chat, preferring to first settle in a bit. Instead they just waved back, and entered their house, and Dirk entered his. He didn't get a good look at it the first time he entered, but now he had more time, and looked around.

It wasn't a very large house, but more than spacious enough for one resident, and larger than a few other houses he had passed. The front door opened directly into the living room, which had a tv, enough seats to accommodate a small family, and a few portholes, making Dirk aware of the fact they were passing Saturn. The adjacent kitchen was more than large enough for Dirk, with a refrigerator, stove and a microwave, which he knew he'd use a lot until he learned how to cook properly.
Upstairs was his bedroom, with an, in his eyes luxurious, small double bed, and a spacious closet. It had portholes showing Saturn too, but they were oriented differently than the ones in the living room, so they couldn't both be really looking outside. He decided he'd have plenty of time to figure out which portholes were real windows and which weren't, and continued to the bathroom. The bathroom adjacent to the bedroom looked fancy to him too, with a rather large bathtub, and a nicely finished sink.

After Dirk was done exploring his house, he sat on his bed, opened one of his suitcases, and rummaged through it until he found what he was looking for: the picture frame with the picture of his parents, his little brother and their cat. He placed it on his bedstand, so he would think off them when he would go to bed and when he would wake up. He stared at it for a while, thinking about how sad his family was to see him go. He was sad too, but working on this ship was the chance of a lifetime, although there was still a tiny bit of doubt in the back of his mind. He ignored it, because every big decision he took left a bit of doubt in his head.
He closed the suitcase, put his luggage in front of the closet, made a mental note he should unpack them, set his alarm clock to go off in an hour to be on time for the starting of the Warp Drive, and lay down to take a nap.
When he almost fell asleep he suddenly thought, What am I doing?! I'm leaving the solar system, I'm probably never going to see it again! Now is not the time to sleep, but to take a last look at my birthing grounds! Heck, the birthing grounds of humanity!, and he resolutely got up, turned the alarm clock off again, went downstairs, and looked at the map that was left on the coffee table for the nearest vantage point. He found it, and it was conveniently named Observation Park. He put the map in his pocket, and walked to his car, which he loved already. He entered the location of the Observation Park in the car computer, and drove off, following the shortest route calculated by the car's navigation system.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2007, 06:09:13 am »
Daniel finished skimming through the manual and decided to put his things away there wasn't much clothing but alot of strange trinkets he used in his shows. After finishing putting everything away he decided to go check out what was going on around the ship. He looked at a public make to see where he was and where he could go. "well I suppose I can go check out the last sight of earth for a bit". Daniel walked away from the crowded map and walked slowly through the crowd. It was hard with all the people around partying and having fun. Daniel's legs started to cramp, it was a long day and he didn't feel like walking but he wanted to see one more sight of earth. He was still about a half hour away and started whistling a tune as he walked.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2007, 11:09:57 am »
~"They are wonderful." Astell replied "Tell me, what brings you down to this park?"

Astell looked around, he and Rhein were the only ones in that particular park.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2007, 11:13:01 am »
"~I have been told by an old friend of mine that the best view he's ever seen is beneath the rings of Saturn. This'll probably be the last chance I'll ever get.~" Said Rhein, looking up past the glass and Perspex.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2007, 11:25:58 am »
~"Ah, I see. Well then, I will leave you be." Astell said, walking over to a bench and sitting down.

Astell looked down at his watch and pressed a button on it's side, the display changed from the time of day to a count down with twenty seconds left. He positioned his finger over another button and looked through the large viewing window above him. A few more people had trickled into the park but it was still fairly desolate. The count down reached zero and Astell depressed the button, the park became pitch black. In the darkness the view through the window became even more extravagant and Astell leaned back and stared.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2007, 11:34:24 am »
Chris stepped through the large metal door into the park and was instantly awestruck. Several people were standing by trees or sitting on benches looking up. There were a few chunks of rock fairly close up but (still hundreds and hundreds of miles away) the rings of Saturn were clearly visible. It was hard to believe that just a decade ago people had doubted the human race would ever see other planets with the naked eye, in clear view. But here it was.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Snake

• Choplifter Captain
  • Bow down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2007, 12:19:17 pm »
 Henry had had enough of sitting around. He quickly decided that he needed to get out of the stuffy barracks, and so he got his patrol gear on. It wasn't really a battle-made suit, since there wasn't any violence thus far. He left his helmet behind, thinking it wouldn't matter, and went off onto his lonely patrols. He decided he'd patrol the area a bit, sneak some sight-seeing, and then make sure everything was in order had the probable party.
Please look at the Miala and their Wiki on the page.

Quote from: Gungnir
Blarg chicka blarg-blarg

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2007, 08:53:41 pm »
Jake quickly downed his sixth beer, and was feeling pleasently drunk. Jake figured somebody had brought beer and hard booze aboard in his/her suitcase or something and had set up a nice little table loaded with alcohol.

Jake felt slightly nauseous, and decided to take a walk (that was really more of a drunken stagger) around the ship. He walked off the main deck, into a lift and dialed the number for the park. While the lift was speeding him along, he puked all over the floor of the lift. The lift pinged and he stepped out the doors and into the park, which was pitch black. Jake, who was expecting to be able to see, began to swear loudly.
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.