Poll

What would you like to learn more about?

Red Nubs
0 (0%)
Blue Nubs
0 (0%)
Green Nubs
0 (0%)
Yellow Nubs
0 (0%)
All Nubs
8 (66.7%)
Buildings
2 (16.7%)
Technology
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: The Nubs  (Read 3071 times)

Offline PikMini

• Scramble Skipper
  • o_o
    • View Profile
The Nubs
« on: September 15, 2007, 06:02:52 pm »
The Nubs  
Nubs, are highly social Sentient Beings that live in groups and do individual tasks, for the good of the tribe/family.  They have 4 nubs on their body, which make up their arms/hands, and legs/feet.  Their 'nubs' act as a form of tentacle, with good grip.  They can flatten the ends of their nubs to make swiming/picking up objects easier.  They have soft skin on sides of their heads, which enable them to hear and smell.  Their mouths are usually closed at all times, but resemble human mouths in many ways.  They walk like a pirate would if both of his legs were pegs.  They communicate in high pitched, drawn out noises that sound weird.
Information
-City: 40+ Individuals
-Tribe: 10+ Individuals
-Family: Group of Nubs, of all one kind.  In example 12 Blue nubs living together would be a Blue family.
-There is no male, or female Nubs, as they all have both male and female sexual organs.

Group of Nubs, along with a baby Mix Nub.
Four Variations.

Blue Nubs -Fishermen
Green Nubs -Farmers
Red Nubs -Hunters
Yellow Nubs -Traders
Mix Nubs -When two different Nubs mate they get a Mix. For example, Red Nub + Yellow Nub = Orange Nub

Descriptions
-Blue Nubs
Blue Nubs harvesting Lum fish eggs.
Blue Nubs work and live mainly in the water.  They harvest Natural resources from the lakes, oceans, and rivers that rule their planet.  There is a lot of wildlife in the water, but not where most Nubs live.  For them to work underwater, they use specially made underwater breathing helmets, with air stored in tanks connected to the helmet they wear.  They fish, collect minerals, hunt snails, water snakes, and collect eggs in the water.

-Other Info (Adult) (Young)
Height: 3.5/1.2 Feet.
Weight: 62/20 Pounds.
Info: Blue tinted Nub that likes water.

-Green Nubs
Green Nub growing Lut on the edge of a cliff.
Green Nubs grow food along cliffs/shores, and by the water.  They grow berries and fruits, occasionally nuts, when they are living on land.  The plants the green Nub is growing, are called Lut, they provide nutrients most other plants don't have, but they taste bitter.  Lut, is also the staple of Nub diet.  By mixing Lut and other berries and fruits, they create a lot of different foods, which they feed to themselves, their family, and tribe members.

Height: 3.3/1 Feet.
Weight: 58/17 Pounds.
Info: Green tinted Nub that grows food.

-Red Nubs
Red Nub trying to pry the massive egg over the edge of the nest, into the water, so he can swim it to home.
Red Nubs are skilled hunters, that use an arrangement of spears, and rocks to kill prey.  Every other day they go hunting for half of the day, then return with their food, which they distribute among the tribe/family.  Their main source of food is eggs.  They don't know what laid them, but they call them Lut.  They also hunt small bouncing mouse creatures that live on its planet.  They are good at laying traps.

Height: 3.5/1.3 Feet.
Weight: 65/23 Pounds.
Info: Red tinted Nub that hunts.

-Yellow Nubs
Yellow Nubs of different tribes trading foods.
Yellow Nubs.  They are merchants of Nub related goods, they trade to other Nub Cities, and Tribes, and Families.  Their goods are mostly food, grown by the Green Nubs.  They mainly trade food that is overstocked, but also when they get special requests.  They trade resources harvested by Blue Nubs also, as well as pelts, and meat, that the Red Nubs have gathered.  They don't all JUST trade, becuase when they don't have anything to do they will help out other Nubs, such as Red's Hunting, or Blue's Fishing, or Green's Farming.

Height: 3.1/1.1 Feet.
Weight: 63/21 Pounds.
Info: Yellow Nub, that merchants goods.

-Tribes
Here is a average-size tribe of Nubs, along with their Huts.
A tribe is generally made up of 10+ Nubs.  Nubs live in gigantic bottom heavy, hollowed out Acorns, which they spruce-up, add windows, a tower, and a bottom entry hole.  They have a tower on top, which they use to get on top of their home, and to allow air to get in.  There is generally 5-6 Nubs living in a single Hut, along with a couple children.  Children generally never come out of their home, except for gatherings.  They are fed by its tribe members until it is pre-adult, takes about 1 month.

Update in Progress :P 10-17

« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 05:03:38 pm by PikMini »

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
Re: The Nubs
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 09:38:06 am »
very cool, keep it up!  ;D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline PikMini

• Scramble Skipper
  • o_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 10:30:15 am »
Thanks  ;D

Offline Undistinguished

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • MYSTERY MAN
    • View Profile
    • Undistinguished
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 11:55:46 am »
Lol, someone had to make the Nubs!

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 12:14:27 pm »
These lil guys are great  ;)

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 03:37:08 pm »
They are pretty good.  :)

What program did you use to make them?

Offline PikMini

• Scramble Skipper
  • o_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 07:23:44 pm »
I don't know how to explain what it is, but this is it.
http://www.secondlife.com

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 08:22:51 pm »
Very awesome. Though they are humanoid, they are well thought-out. I'll leave you to be mauled by Hydro now.
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

gec05

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 08:36:24 pm »
Their simple outlook is enough to hide that. Even so, tolerance for humanoids has cooled off a very long while ago.

Offline blitzonator

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • A pic from the galactic zoo. What is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 08:04:50 am »
UPDATE!!! >:( >:(

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 08:15:32 am »
Oh these guys are so cute! :).

Please tell us about their biology! That should be just awesome. If you give a very good in depth description I might draw you some fan art :).

Offline scorpia11

• Battlezone Captain
  • Who else but Quagmire!!??
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 10:08:49 am »
Is it just me but the Blue Nubs make me wanna go....Ahhhhh! Look at the cuties!!! -Grabs Nub Cheek-  ;D

Great work though mate!