Author Topic: The worst book you've ever read  (Read 70344 times)

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
Re: The worst book you've ever read
« Reply #240 on: October 04, 2010, 08:21:54 pm »
I'll admit that Enders Game is not for everyone, and a little odd... But the books that came after were great, at least to me! :Dc

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 05, 2010, 10:39:16 pm »
Original was the best; sequels were just unnecessarily pomo

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 06, 2010, 05:09:21 pm »
I love Ender's Game.

And all the sequels.

So nyah.

:P3

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #243 on: October 12, 2010, 05:02:24 am »
Now, as for a great book, I recommend that everyone here read the "What Life Was Like" series. A lot of historical accuracy in there. Also, read "Mythology: The Illustrated Anthology of World Myth and Legend." It's nonfiction, but very informative.

I have a book called "The Illustrated Book of Myths: Tales & Legends of the World" Retold by Neil Philip.

Its a good book. I am not sure if its the same book your talking about but I assume they must have some similar stories. Note this book has a story from just about every culture on Earth. And the illustrations are very nice too.

the island of the blue dolphins!!!

I loved that book! It was what inspired me for all my caveman games. The whole concept of her surviving on the island was so cool. I also live nearby those islands where story took place.

I really hated Ender's Game with a passion.

For the longest time my best friends would bug me to read the book. For like 4 years i refused to read it and then I finally gave in and did. It was a great book and I felt bad for not wanting to read it all that time back then.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 05:07:40 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Watcher in the Puddle

• Mystery House Madman
  • Ad infinitum
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 22, 2010, 01:41:51 pm »
The book forum has sorta died... :(

I don't know  if this is a bump so:
I'm a fan of Artemas Foul and I was waiting eagerly for the fifth extension;Atlantis Complex....it as awful...
The beginning was ok but Artemas' Atlantis started to get unrealistic when he got to the conclusion that a giant space probe plowing down on him was an illusion. And final was HORRIBLE. He also killed thousands of noticeable characters for LOVE?? And in the end, he and her lovers drove of into a wall with a ton of explosives..... ???
That's what you get for writing a pair of children's fantasy chronicles....
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 01:25:05 am by Watcher in the Puddle »
In a game like this you cannot win, only lose more slowly

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 22, 2010, 02:08:28 pm »
The book forum is always slow, same as the others down here.

Anyway, worst book? The Bible.

/loltroll

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 22, 2010, 03:18:29 pm »
Ummm... you do know there are people who actually think that, instead of it just being trolling.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 22, 2010, 03:24:29 pm »
Well it is a terribly long-winded, non-original book of fairy tales that people take way too seriously!~

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 22, 2010, 04:03:46 pm »
Cold Mountain, Charles Frazier.

Such a boring, drawn out, dense book. I can't stand it when people abuse books, be it throwing them or opening the cover too far, but this is the one exception. It's really quite fun to hurl it at things.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 27, 2010, 06:49:58 pm »

The book forum is always slow, same as the others down here.

Anyway, worst book? The Bible.

/loltroll

I think it's a pretty cool book. I mean, the protagonist is an invinsible titan who shoots fire and lighting and creates a world, but one of his most powerfull creations (his name alludes me) turns against him. he strugles in order to save his creations from what he views as a threat (he may be mistaken, I think it's more man vs. self) a malevolent force he unleashed.

its like a classic hero story where the hero's action lead to the creation of a problem, and he must atone for it to save the day.

the parts about Yeshua are based on what many (half of people) belive to be a true story. they turned him into a superhero in the book though, and changed his name to Jesus. He even had a supporting role in a spinoff novel, The Qur'an, cept they changed is name again to Nabi Isa.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 06:52:32 pm by Crazen »
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline fishex99

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 24, 2010, 10:52:51 pm »
I have never read a book that you have posted the topic. But I have heard too that the book is a rather dangerous. The mention or persuade a person to fall in the wrong teachings or doctrines of Arts and fairly unreasonable. ::)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 25, 2010, 05:08:40 pm »
I have never read a book that you have posted the topic. But I have heard too that the book is a rather dangerous. The mention or persuade a person to fall in the wrong teachings or doctrines of Arts and fairly unreasonable. ::)
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #252 on: December 25, 2010, 06:26:07 pm »

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 25, 2010, 06:42:49 pm »
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 25, 2010, 06:59:47 pm »

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.