Author Topic: Paradox Games  (Read 50309 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: Paradox Games
« Reply #420 on: May 11, 2016, 02:39:59 am »
Yeah erops, uplifts seems to have unique traits that other aliens don't get. My first uplifts have the same one as you and my second are "proles" which means they're great at mineral mining but bad at science.

Seems like the traits are generally there to make your uplifts useful to you.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #421 on: May 11, 2016, 07:36:40 am »
I can't seem to uplift the Roaches next to me. I get to the screen and select the planet type and ... nothing. The uplift button is never available no matter what I try. No matter what I try I can't seem to make it work...

In other news...

I got a huge army together with a ton of battleships. Time to go attack that ringworld!
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 11, 2016, 08:18:30 am »
You have to Uplift in the species diplomacy screen
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #423 on: May 11, 2016, 08:27:04 am »
You have to Uplift in the species diplomacy screen

Yes ... I realize that. I'm not some noob.

This is what I mean. The only thing I can select is the planet preference and everything else is greyed out. I did notice that the number of selected pops is set to 0, but not sure how to make that larger? Any help is appreciated as Paradox games are great ... but user interface is not their strong suit.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 11, 2016, 08:31:45 am »
Do you control the planet they're on? Usually there's a checkbox to the right of the traits with the planet/pops.

Traits are greyed out since they have so many already and none are removable so there's no points.

Otherwise idk sorry
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #425 on: May 11, 2016, 08:35:05 am »
Do you control the planet they're on? Usually there's a checkbox to the right of the traits with the planet/pops.

Traits are greyed out since they have so many already and none are removable so there's no points.

Otherwise idk sorry

Ah ha! Yeah, that would be it.

I was confused as I was advancing a lot of species using observation posts and I never needed to land on the planet to do that. So I was thinking it was the same thing for uplift. Okay, I'll make a colony ship and make those cockroaches into super roaches!

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 11, 2016, 08:38:42 am »
Wait. How do you have a spaceport on earth?

I'm not sure colonizing it would help, I didn't need to, I just needed the system in my borders afaik, and I hadn't manipulated them before the uplift.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #427 on: May 11, 2016, 09:21:09 am »
Been playing custom civs but just found out that the included civs have their own quest lines. Oops!

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #428 on: May 11, 2016, 10:15:43 am »
Found out as long as the uplifted race is within your borders you can uplift them. Now I have two races uplifted and feeling strange.

Also progress on that spoiler thing from the other posts...

So I took over the Ringworld ... and holy damn it is worth it. The amount of research I got from the Ringworld was massive, including several new techs. The Ringworld itself has space for FOUR planets all at maximum size of 25 tiles and all of the tiles are perfect (they are a special Ringworld terrain tile). Currently there are four primitive species on the ring and I'm in the progress of advancing their tech. I also have a massive battlefleet over the ring as there is no way I'm losing this thing to someone else.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #429 on: May 11, 2016, 10:58:19 am »
Just found my first alien civ for the current game. They are mollusks and I am human, but our tech levels and beliefs are almost identical. The only difference is that they are pacifists and I am militaristic. It's like we were made for each other! :D

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 11, 2016, 12:11:41 pm »
They will be reluctant to ally with you though, unless threatened by someone else.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 11, 2016, 04:09:35 pm »
So I took over the Ringworld ... and holy damn it is worth it. The amount of research I got from the Ringworld was massive, including several new techs. The Ringworld itself has space for FOUR planets all at maximum size of 25 tiles and all of the tiles are perfect (they are a special Ringworld terrain tile). Currently there are four primitive species on the ring and I'm in the progress of advancing their tech. I also have a massive battlefleet over the ring as there is no way I'm losing this thing to someone else.

Aw man, I was so excited when I met them. Still way too strong for me.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 11, 2016, 05:00:51 pm »
Me, Celdur and Wizard started a multiplayer game. Celdur made some wise turtles, I made jerk slaver floating jellyfish and wizard made lizard people who pick fights with people who are way stronger and get conquered.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 11, 2016, 06:51:11 pm »
Well hell, ring me up next time you start one if you're so inclined. It'd be neat to get some multiplayer in, none of my RL friends own this game.

Unrelatedly, the "create new fleet" interface in Stellaris is so much infinitely worse than other Paradox games' "create new army" interfaces it's not even funny. Why does it scroll to the top every time you move a unit over? Why does the scroll wheel just close the box?

These questions plague me.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 12, 2016, 01:19:57 am »
Bugs.

And yeah we're sort of intending for this to be a regular or semiregular Wednesday thing (Evening for me and Celdur, Afternoon for Wizard). If you're online send one of us a message and you can hotjoin one of the existing AI Empires. Or we might just decide to start a new game since Wizard got himself wiped out like a chump. I'm pretty happy with the way things have gone for me so far though :Y