Author Topic: Paradox Games  (Read 51402 times)

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
Re: Paradox Games
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 03:07:33 pm »
Them and Basshunter collectively confirm my suspicions. Sweden is the best Scandinavian nation.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 05:40:54 pm »
In Europa Universalis II i almost created a world spanning Swedish Empire. I lost the save however so i never got to finish it.

In HoI i manage to dominate those pesky germs with USA. Pretty funny. German tanks and aircraft are known to be some of the best weapons during WWII. Very high quality. But there tanks where low tech compared to mine when i entered the war. I did not have many but they where top quality. Managed to march all the way to Moscow with those units. The eastern front was a drag. Slow troop movement. But heck i had to follow the German in to USSR. That is how Moscow became a US enclave. Japan was a pain to. Not mainland japan but there Korean, Manchuria and Chines holdings. Long live the USA Empire!

I also played USSR in HoI. With one goal! To develop the nuke as quick as possible. Got my first nuke ready before Germany and I fell on bad terms. To bad for them. Most of there armies where channeled though a few provinces. Manage to kill of most of them with two nukes. Never got any longer with that game however. Save lost :(
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Genusaus

• Dragster Diehard
  • "She Who Thirsts"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2008, 09:57:59 pm »
Paradox games are brilliant, I don't seem to get into Europa Universalis as much as Victoria: Revolutions or HoI2: DD: Armaggeddon. Victoria is quite complex, sometimes too complex, but it's fun to fiddle around and... split your POPS for your industry, or agriculture. HoI2 on the other hand is almost completely a war game, actually you need victory points (from provinces) to win, nothing else, but there are almost limitless possibilities playing the game. Replayability is incredible. There's even some mods that switch up countries completely and make the game completely refreshing, and well... fun.
The power of purple! The Hundred Years War, which was won by the French started on the year of 1337.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2008, 10:33:11 pm »
Paradox will be publishing Mount & Blade. I hope it gets the recognition it deserves. :D

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 12:01:26 pm »
A game that does not cease to exist outside of observer awareness. Awesome.

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 12:07:59 am »
I'm looking forward to their "Lost Empire: Immortals". From what I gather, its actually a sequal to their original game Lost Empire, which didn't do to well, but apparently they've taken what they learned from that and vastly improved the game.
http://www.paradoxplaza.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=272&Itemid=224

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 10:50:43 am »
The Hearts of Iron III demo is out!

Try it!

Wikipedia
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 07:22:08 pm by Brandonazz »

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 04:36:01 pm »
I'm looking forward to their "Lost Empire: Immortals". From what I gather, its actually a sequal to their original game Lost Empire, which didn't do to well, but apparently they've taken what they learned from that and vastly improved the game.
http://www.paradoxplaza.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=272&Itemid=224

I might look that up.

(And of course i will look up HoI III once i get time. Is one of the best WWII game out there after all :) )
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 07:02:52 pm »

My Germany before the end of the demo.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 07:06:11 pm »
Is it as good as EU3?
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 07:12:47 pm »
It's a four month demo with four playabale nations.

How should I know?  :P

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 07:19:56 pm »
Maybe I should give Hearts of Iron a chance.

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2009, 10:15:18 am »
I have never played any of those other games you all have mentioned but I did play Knights of Honor.  Back when I played it the game had all I  was looking for. I could pick any nation that existed at the time periods and was able to win a campaign using the various win scenarios.
"Listen, I mean that from my knowledge of the world that I see around me, I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence."
-Richard Feynman

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2009, 12:11:48 pm »
Right now i am playing the spanish in euIII. I am ruling all of the hispanic subcontinent (portugal included) and have many colonies in the west, mayas and incas are no more, i am the only american colonist. RIght now i am attacking those pesky ottomans to destroy them... Its awsome...
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2009, 12:19:12 pm »
The HOI3 demo runs really slow on my computer, meaning I need an upgrade for a Paradox game. How embarrassing.