Author Topic: Paradox Games  (Read 51622 times)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Re: Paradox Games
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2009, 10:36:52 am »
Meh... I would just invade them. I have only played Germany once however and that time i tried to play the peaceful. Was a bit weird. As France i manage to conquerer Germany, Italy and USA of all places. My Interventionist policy payed off a lot giving me a reason to attack Germany and Italy early. But it later lead to a war with USA as got pissed of at me when i intervened in a south American conflict. To bad for them i had a bunch of elite troops ready (After all they where going to be sent to south America as a "Peace Keeping" force) and some some strong allies on my side. I quickly took over the east coast as USA was ill prepared to defend there native soil. (But had the greatest naval force in the game. Even beating the British which is not a small feat.) With the help of Canada we manage to take over the main land and only a few pacific islands where left. After some hard naval battles i manage to take over the last island and annexed USA.  The Allies now controlled most of the world still the treat of Soviet Union and the Japanese Empire loomed on the horizon. I would probably have gotten in to a conflict with them to if i did not stop playing before that. A interesting game that never made it to real end of WWII. I am not sure it would have been called WWII in the history books. Problem the foundation of free world nations or something like that. Very hard to say. We should almost start making battle reports like they do on Paradox own forum >_>

Now i am working on a game where i play Japan as a Allie with the Allies. Pretty tricky game. I would like to take over china and maybe USA and Soviet Union. Control the pacific. But i also have to be wary of Germany and Italy. The Axis can get pretty nasty.

I also have a Soviet Union game that i stopped after nuking 75% of the German forces. I am not sure why i did not continue. I hope i still got it saved. I think after that attack i would be able to take Germany on my own. (Though the research has left my army somewhat ill prepared for a war. But hay i manage to kill of some 75% of the German army in one attack. I should be able to some Axis but.)
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2009, 02:32:58 pm »
Isn't there a level of national morale now?

It's nice to know that nukes will actually have an effect now.  ;D
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2009, 04:25:42 pm »
Well before there was sort of a thing like that. If it was not for the annexing of Germany and Italy USA would not have been able to go to war with me. My world policing triggered the reaction form USA even though USA it self was not threatened.. There can also be some local effects of starting wars. Normally you create some unrest due to it at least i a more free and democratic nation.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2009, 01:25:12 pm »
Hahahaha, this game is awsome...
So my german nation decided to let the italians, the nationalist spanish, the portuguese, the persians, the turks and the USA join the axis... Then i attacked poland and annexed (funny knights fought my panzers) it (in the meantime i developed light tanks) I am getting closer to my nuke... So anyway, I then proceeded to annex denmark which was an easy task even if they had more weaponry than poland (in terms of technology, no knights here). I quickly annexed them, then i attacked switzerland. Oh this was the best part, in 1937 i annexed switzerland and as a reaction i got france and england to fight me. France was only strong to resist my forces at the beginning, as soon as i got a panzer behind their lines i had them down. They surrendered and only a small fracture, and some african territories are the Vichy French (funny they have the fascist axe on the flag). I am trying to make them axis. I then attacked Czechoslowakia, and Belgium. In the meantime the english and polish rebels in france(bug?) and poland are giving me a hard time. Ah its wonderful... Once i got belgium amsterdam will be mine and then i shall send panzers to england and ireland. Maybe ill go on to attack mexico then... Id like a nazi south america, but i probably have to wait a bit because my freaking load of panzers isnt ready to be deployed until december  :'( oh well.

Get this game, its worth it
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2009, 02:25:38 pm »
You mean the used Uhlans or something? By this time they should have stopped using knights. >_>

Poland was one of the nations that had both a lot of nobility and used knights the longest but even they changed to a more lighter cavalry. The Uhlans with there Lancers is one of the most well know cavalry units and they did use a lot of cavalry even as late as WWII. But heavy armored cavalry like the Towarzysz pancerny dispersed after the 18th century.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2009, 03:29:47 pm »
I love EUIII
especially when i take over europe with a muslim nation, making everyone sunni, and having an exile Vatican somewhere in the northern part of the german nations... haha goodtimes

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2009, 04:06:23 pm »
That sounds fun...

Right now im the great 1592 Irish Nation who has colonized the Caribbean.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2009, 07:49:13 pm »
thats awsome, also consider taking the aztecs down...

i liked playing as ireland myself...

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2009, 05:53:43 pm »
Just got that new For The Glory game for fun, so I could do a megacampaign. So far I've gotten to Ricky with VIP and its great fun. I'm the USA, and its 1934, so I have 30 more years of gameplay. Here are some pics.
Europe

Beastly French empire as you can see, alongside a more southern Prussia. They've been in a state of on and off war for the whole game, with Russia and Austria joining in once and awhile. Austria has suffered many civil wars, leaving Hungary, Slovakia, and Croatia as free states, but still holding much of Belgium since For The Glory. Hungary became the first People's Republic of the world, but was quickly invaded by Prussia, splitting it into little messy pieces. Austria has attempted to compensate by making much of northern Italy its slave. England is a wreck now, having lost all its colonies in India and the New World. It lost Scotland for around 100 years, but pulled them in just in time for the next conversion to Ricky. Ireland was left as a small republic which England later brought back into the fold. Its now a Communist Republic of two provinces after a major revolt. They still have claims on all of Eire. Russia is far more technologically advanced then usual, with full railroads and modern navies. With Denmark as a puppet. Pretty scary beast, there.

Asia: http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k285/Gunneroid/ASIAMEGA1.jpg
India has thrown off the bonds of colonialism with Beroda ruling over much of it. Afghanistan marched into Pakistan, with Persia taking bits out of both. China is a backwards behemoth, holding Korea nad parts of Mongolia, while lacking Manchuria. Its allied with Japan, a modernizing Great Power. Note large Indochinese colonies by the Dutch and French.

Africa: http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k285/Gunneroid/AFRICAMEGA1.jpg
Crazy stuff. American Mali, Russian Egypt/Nubia, Brittish West Africa/SouthEast Africa, and Swedish Congo/Central Africa/South Africa. The Dutch hold the Cape further south.

:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2009, 07:23:14 am »
This looks interesting, I've never heard of it before.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2009, 07:33:01 am »
You have no Import of Export? Would that not improve you economy? Even a Ultra mercantilism nation tend to have exports at least :P
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2009, 08:07:48 pm »
You have no Import of Export? Would that not improve you economy? Even a Ultra mercantilism nation tend to have exports at least :P
I'm super trade independent. I actually am though. Generate all the resources I need. Especially in HOI its apparent.
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2009, 08:21:26 pm »
Oh NOW I know Paradox Games!  They did Majesty!

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2010, 02:07:05 am »
they made an addon to euIII its quite good i must say

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2010, 10:13:23 am »
they made an addon to euIII its quite good i must say

Yeah, where the Big Blue Blob is now the Big Burgundy Blob. I don't know if that's better or worse, but I do like dynasties and trade leagues.