Author Topic: Episode 19 Posted  (Read 8464 times)

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
Episode 19 Posted
« on: August 14, 2005, 07:13:27 pm »
After a semi-slow summer the big games are starting to appear. First up is Chris Taylor's new Dungeon Siege II for the PC ... find out if it's a winner or a stinker. Oh yeah, I also cover these stories as well:
  • No more Hot Coffee for you!
  • "Video games made me do it" fails in court.
  • Parents ignore game age ratings.
  • GameTap set for October launch.
  • Madden 2006, the only game in town.
  • Blizzard shuts down their Northern operation.
  • Microsoft wants money from everyone.
  • How many Xbox 360 different bundles will Microsoft release?
  • Sony may release PS3 in 2007.
  • Quake 3 source code to be released.
  • Dirk the Daring return to the Dragon's Lair!
  • GameTalk: What happens when you try to buy gold for World of Warcraft?
  • SporeTalk: The calm before the storm.
  • In-depth review of Dungeon Siege II for the PC.
  • RetroReview: NetHack/Rogue for Unix/PC/everything.
  • “Name That Game!” contest winner from last week, a new clip, and a new prize!
  • Plus some more random thoughts on the gaming calm before the storm.

Get the podcast from this page (98 minutes): Gaming Steve Episode 19.

To enter the "Name that Game!" contest to write me an email with the name of the game and the platform at: game@gamingsteve.com

You can also subscribe to the weekly podcast.

Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 19 Posted
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 07:39:15 pm »
 :o Great! Listening now.
"Listen, I mean that from my knowledge of the world that I see around me, I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence."
-Richard Feynman

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 07:50:28 pm »
Posted one of those long comments. Haven't done one in a while, or listened to maybe the last three episodes.
Too busy working... and moving into a new house.

Nice stuff. I didn't expect much on Spore. It's a relief to know I didn't miss something (I'd hate to be out of touch), but disappointing when you think about how the details of the game or going to be so lightly sprinkled for a long while now.

Thanks for giving me something to do too. I was bored out of my mind.

(NOTE: For fun lately, I've been playing San Andreas over again except with cheats. It can make for some interesting moments.
Besides that, it's also pretty interesting to turn on "Flying Cars" and fly up as high as you can, then turn off the cheat.
You might do one hell of a bounce when you hit the ground.)
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 09:09:12 pm »
When I try to download it on iTunes, it downloads 1 min 17 sec and then stops. I've tried deleting it and unsubscribing and resubscibing it but still I only get 1:17. What the hack is going on?!!! I am really starting to get frustrated.  >:( The link on the front page only downloads a small portion as well. Any ideas?  ???

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 10:04:02 pm »
When I try to download it on iTunes, it downloads 1 min 17 sec and then stops. I've tried deleting it and unsubscribing and resubscibing it but still I only get 1:17. What the hack is going on?!!! I am really starting to get frustrated.  >:( The link on the front page only downloads a small portion as well. Any ideas?  ???

Not sure, I just checked and the whole file is up there. And I just downloaded it again no problem. Perhaps the site was down during that time in which you were trying to download it. I would restart your computer and try again (if you keep trying in the same browser it might try to load a cached version).

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 11:44:35 pm »
I played that rouge game i hate it but only because I'm no good best I did was level 2 before hobgoblin gets me (where is spider-man when you need him)  I would have done well the next time round but I walked into a room with like 10 enemies in it they all swarmed me. I got passed the letter E then a letter S another E then this I came and frooze me.

I change that I like it now I made level 5 then some centaur ruined my fun
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 12:02:49 am by Cobra »

Offline Jecrell

• Battlezone Captain
  • Giant Snowy Ape
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 02:20:46 am »
GameTap... *drools*

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 05:58:27 am »
Yay listening now.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 06:41:02 am »

Not sure, I just checked and the whole file is up there. And I just downloaded it again no problem. Perhaps the site was down during that time in which you were trying to download it. I would restart your computer and try again (if you keep trying in the same browser it might try to load a cached version).

Well I just let my computer sit over night and still 1:17. I am completely baffled.

Well I figured it out, I had to delete all my temp files and stuff. Thanks anyway.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 06:57:28 am by Oviraptor »

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2005, 07:30:37 am »
Yeah was an alright one... if i'm honest i'm getting really into GeeksOn now, but it's nice to hear a podcast from Steve again.  Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 were interesting...

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 08:56:07 am »
Yeah was an alright one... if i'm honest i'm getting really into GeeksOn now, but it's nice to hear a podcast from Steve again.  Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 were interesting...

You make me sad Janos. :'(

I do admit that GeeksOn is quite good. I would love to add a couple of other people to the the show and have guest commentators like GeeksOn does, but yet my friends don't seem to want to join me. And most of the gaming friends can't (because of NDA agreements). So I do my best...

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2005, 08:59:59 am »
I still love your podcasts, Steve.  But i just love the conversations they have at GeeksOn... and their Star Wars spoof was hilarious.  Don't get me wrong, i don't dislike GamingSteve.com (on the contrary, i visit virtually everyday), but i'm really getting sick of the hot coffee fiasco, World of Warcraft coverage, etc. to be perfectly honest!

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2005, 09:14:36 am »
I still love your podcasts, Steve.  But i just love the conversations they have at GeeksOn... and their Star Wars spoof was hilarious.  Don't get me wrong, i don't dislike GamingSteve.com (on the contrary, i visit virtually everyday), but i'm really getting sick of the hot coffee fiasco, World of Warcraft coverage, etc. to be perfectly honest!

Ah, okay. Well, Hot Coffee should be done, and World of Warcraft ... well, I will try to cut that down a bit. I'll try to concentrate on other games which will get a lot easier as the new games are released in the next few months. But would you rather hear about WOW or Madden?

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2005, 09:22:53 am »
But would you rather hear about WOW or Madden?

Neither, to be honest!

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2005, 10:10:44 am »
I like GeeksOn to, of course I like Gaming Steve to.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 12:22:57 pm by Cool AN »

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!