Author Topic: Communicant Invasion: the OOC thread  (Read 76359 times)

Offline Tavenknaughtlin

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Indescenant-wrath in a box
    • View Profile
Communicant Invasion: the OOC thread
« on: September 07, 2007, 06:33:09 pm »
K, made this thread so we could post ideas and plan for the big incoming invasion here, instead of the RP Suggestion thread.

So, if you'd like to be part of the invasion, as either a defender or an ally, just post which races you'd like to contribute, particular planets they have (such as capitals or some other important places or settings), and a general overview of their combat abilities. You could go into as much detail as you want.

All are welcome, new or old members. This thread will shift to the O.O.C. thread once we get the RP thread up and going.

And any old-hats at War RPing that feel the need to correct me on something that I royally mess up on, please feel free to do so  ;D.

So here we go, the main aggressors:

The Communicants
Owned Worlds Involved: All Applicable
Strengths: Numbers, Melee Combat, Heavy Powered Armor, Disjuncting
Weaknesses: Low Space, Air, or Mechanized support, relatively low ranged support, inclination to capture than to kill.
Main Characters: The Walking God, Fouronesix, and Fourtitoo

(Note, if you want to be a supporter to another force instead of yourself actively fighting, that's fine too).

here's a list of the combatants so far, thanks to the work of Brandonazz:

Communicant Forces
Tavenknaughtlin: Communicants
Josasa: Iinknii
Plank of Wood: Mon-Krai
Dr. Croccer: The Barroc Confederacy
Kratok: Kratok

Anti-Communicants and Neutrals
Operaghost21: Torpals
Brandonazz: Tal'po
Little: Sherdias
Darth Grievi: Noasaurs
Kcronos: K'jal
Snake: Miali
Silverfish: Folicans
Inkling: The Fredonian Alliance
Martyk: Kratair
Josasa: Forthi
Haseri: Has'ri
Alwayswatching: Omic
Plank of Wood: Austians (Rebels)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 12:15:51 am by Tavenknaughtlin »

I have photo paint, Taven style yarr :P.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
Re: Communicant Invasion: Planning thread (Ha Ha!, double entendre)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 06:39:22 pm »
wooo I'm in...against the communicants...

that's about it  :)

Torpals
Strengths: weapons/technology, training, physique, morale
Weaknesses: bad at negotiations/overly militaristic, rely on strength over numbers
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Tavenknaughtlin

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 06:41:12 pm »
Lol, glad to have you aboard Opera  ;D.

I also forgot to say that you could include any particular character you would want in the RP thread, so we would know who your talking about.

(side note, it kinda sounds like the Communcants and Torpals are the Persian Empire and Spartans, respectively  :D )

Online Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 06:42:39 pm »
I'm in as well.

Talans

Strengths: Strong Fleet, Home Planet Isolated, Good at Diplomacy
Weaknesses: Small Planetary Forces, Prone to Espionage

(side note, it kinda sounds like the Communcants and Torpals are the Persian Empire and Spartans, respectively  :D )

And that would make me... pre-Alexandrian Macedonia?

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 06:43:53 pm »
I think the Sherdias will stand by the Communicants. Just so they don't get owned. They have pretty much no military, but a medium sized population. They also have no space travel. The Sherdias would allow the Communicants to use their home planet(their only planet) as a deploying center and as a base of operations in return for heavy military weapons and a small space fleet, as well as immunity from invasion and Communicant governmental control.

Agreeable or not?

The SHERDIAS

Strengths: Good Surface to Orbit weapons. Able to flee into shelter to avoid devestation. Good at diplomacy.
Weakness: No space fleet. Only small policing force as defense.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 06:46:37 pm by Little »
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 06:48:31 pm »
And for their Gaming Steve debut...

The Noasaurs
Owned Worlds: A small chunk of formerly Thean space. Also have quite a few worlds outside it. (Thean space is not on the most recent galactic map, but go back a few updates and you'll see it)
Strengths: Realy, realy, realy enjoy combat, Numbers, Experience in War, Huge Guns ;), Stealth Tactics.
Weakness: Few combat-oriented space vehicles (Have transports, though), Tend to keep technology intact, Have a hard time changing allies.

Offline Tavenknaughtlin

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 06:49:03 pm »
I think the Sherdias will stand by the Communicants. Just so they don't get owned. They have pretty much no military, but a medium sized population. They also have no space travel. The Sherdias would allow the Communicants to use their home planet(their only planet) as a deploying center and as a base of operations in return for heavy military weapons and a small space fleet, as well as immunity from invasion and Communicant governmental control.

Agreeable or not?

Well, in this current attitude, they would probably accept the agreement, but only half-heartedly. After the invasion, if they succede, that would mean their allies would be next. They couldn't offer any kind of spacefleet, as their entire spacefleet consists of five carriers and swarms of little fighters that have no ability to survive without the carriers.

What they could provide though, is a suit of kickass armor and a lifetime of servitude  :D.

The Noasaurs
Strengths: Realy, realy, realy enjoy combat, Numbers, Experience in War, Huge Guns ;), Stealth Tactics.

Huge guns and stealth tactics!? Oh my :o

I can just see the 'Suprise! BOOM HEADSHOT!!!' coming  :D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 06:51:55 pm by Tavenknaughtlin »

Online Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 06:50:10 pm »

The Noasaurs
Owned Worlds: A small chunk of formerly Thean space. Also have quite a few worlds outside it. (Thean space is not on the most recent galactic map, but go back a few updates and you'll see it)
Weakness: Few combat-oriented space vehicles (Have transports, though), Tend to keep technology intact, Have a hard time changing allies.

They're the Talan counterbalance. Our strengths and weaknesses compensate for eachother.

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 06:52:32 pm »
So you basically want my race to become meatbags? Is that what you meant by armour?

I'm not sure if I find that quite so agreeable....
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 06:57:40 pm »
Elbeasts

Owned Worlds:Home Planet of Jwalania and its two moons, the Flatulen System containing 50 gas giants all of which have at least 3 dozen moons.
Strengths:Don't care about things like the Geneva convention, don't care about how sadistically weapons kill things, they just look for effectiveness, great interrogators
Weaknesses:Not trustworthy, often enslaves races that made alliances with them on a whim and then eat them, act on aggressiveness rather than intelligence, cares about stomach before promises.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 07:11:58 pm by HelloWorld »
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 06:59:09 pm »
The K'jalians

Strengths:  Advanced robotics, spheres that can control gravity, and a religious fervor that even the communicants couldn't match.
Weaknesses:  There are less than a hundred left, and they are very illogical.
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 07:00:21 pm »

The Noasaurs

Huge guns and stealth tactics!? Oh my :o

I can just see the 'Suprise! BOOM HEADSHOT!!!' coming  :D

Cause nothing says "You got Pwned" like a headshot with a missile launcher. >:D

Not a huge worry, though. Most stealth ops preferr swords. Much quieter....

Offline Snake

• Choplifter Captain
  • Bow down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 07:04:35 pm »

Miali

Position: Undecided.

Owned Worlds: New Yuva, a massive artificial sphere that can move at will, and contains an incredibly thick shield. Entire populance is on New Yuva.

Strengths: Heavily-Lethal Anti-Grav Weaponry (see thread for explanation of exactly how lethal it can be), Experience in war from 4 WWs, Mobility, Quite intelligent and cunning.

Weaknesses: Few in number (only about 2.4 Billion in all), Small ground army (As such, they prefer to aim their Massive AG Cannons at the surface and open the gates of hell), Small space fleet, but very lethal in any case.

Main Characters: 1st General Zula Mec (Son of Zokaa Mec, Mec family is a big political family)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 12:38:24 pm by Snake »
Please look at the Miala and their Wiki on the page.

Quote from: Gungnir
Blarg chicka blarg-blarg

Offline Silverfish

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 07:06:31 pm »
Haven't gotten any info up on their creature page quite yet, but I think the folicans should be involved in something for once.  :P

The Folicans

Position: Most of them would defend against the The Communicant invasion thingy.

Owned Worlds: All they have is their small, intensely radioactive, nearly destroyed, desert planet they call; The Dustball.

Strengths: They're so unorganized, it could be hard to catch(or exterminate...) them all. Radiation typically doesn't bother the majority of them all that much. Extremely resourceful scavengers... Also, they can be very sneaky. Oh, and they lack any sort of 'red tape' issues. *EDIT* And crazy-feral ANGER.

Weaknesses: Inferior technology; stuck on and around their planet, practically. They aren't a 'united' species, and so the separate factions, armies, and gangs squabble with each other constantly. Plus, they're small and weak... Oh, and insanity can be an annoying problem.

Oh, and Notable Folicans:(...I'll edit some in, once I've actually made them xP))
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 07:14:39 pm by Silverfish »

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 07:14:51 pm »
Oh heck yes, let's get this started.

The Fredonian Alliance

Main Warrior races: Factimilitii, Vish
Not main warrior races: Gockets, Vepilks, Cyleeks, Nautalids, Fredonians, and others

Owned worlds: Homeworlds of all races and several colony planets, location unknown.
Strengths: Unknown.  Only military vehicle encountered was a carrier with a fleet of a few hundred small fighters.
Weaknesses:Unknown
Probably not a Goat, either.